It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Crazy drone footage of one Ukrainian tank VS Russian tank convoy,location unknown-

At the 1 minute mark,I spotted a good 20 odd russian infantry I think,running down the road by the APC just under the russian flag icon on the left.

edit,

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5/4/2022 by Silcone Synapse because: whatever

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

mad that they didn't report the engagement of the Ukrainian tank sitting in that destroyed house south of the road
a few Russian BTR type vehicles roll by one takes a critical hit and blows up , but its not even noticed that Ukrainian armor is there , 3 vehicles pass by it completely

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I've only just started watching, but wanted to compliment this guy again.

If anyone without a lot of military related experience wants to know more about some of the knowledge that some more experienced folks kind of take for granted that everyone already knows, this guy's videos are a great place to start closing that gap.

They're probably too long and tedious for the really experienced folks, but the way he organizes and explains information should be very useful to many others.

Do you know anything about this guy's background?

ETA - I get a different video every time I click the link now so I doubt my comments refer to the video you actually posted.

edit on 5-4-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u
The video popped up on my youtube page,I don't know about the user,but I will be looking at more of his vids.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I don't think I was seeing the video you posted, It was another from the guy that Xpert posted a few days ago.

I get something different every time I click that link now.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u
a reply to: Erno86

I guess that's case closed on what I said about a Javelin hitting a helicopter at Hostemel last month, the russian invasion supporters insisted this was impossible.

(It wasn't supposed to be possible, it was an unexpected software error to the manufacturer too, and will likely be quickly corrected)

They said it was likely a GROM because a stinger will not leave a obvious smoke trail. a JAV is meant for slow moving targets,liek tanks,but a helicopter HOVERING in place is essentially a flying tank.
Its not a glitch,its a feature!!
As you can tell i do not support russia at all.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I don't know anything about the latest claim yet but did examine a bit of photo & video evidence for the Hostemel one and it was 100% a Jav, hitting a quickly moving low altitude helicopter. DoD didn't want that to be possible when sending specs to the engineers.

Rumor at work is that there was a software error that some Ukrainians have figured out how to exploit under certain specific conditions.

I don't know if that's true, but the Hostemel one surprised the heck out of me and a lot of other people who didn't think it was possible.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This probably applies to some posters/bots in this thread and on this site who conveniently opened an account in February and March of this year:

“We found over 650,000 accounts—out of about 9.5 million total, so about 7%—that have been created since the beginning of the conflict [that] have been engaging with such Ukraine-Russia discussion almost exclusively since their creation,” Ferrara said on the trends as of March 30. “I think this is suspicious to a large extent since it's rather uncommon to see such a huge spike in the fraction of new accounts in a given topic and period of time—it's likely that at least some of these 650,000 accounts are part of influence or other information campaigns.”

More here: Increase in Russian Bots

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Well If its a glitch,id say keep it. all you do with a JAV is swap out tubes. ID keep the trackers and use them.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The fear is hitting friendly aircraft, the Jav is pretty intelligent about avoiding that kind of thing, but it all happens pretty quick and DoD wanted the manufacturer ensure they would always avoid doing so.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Is anyone else getting frequent connection timeouts on ATS today?

After what happened last month they really freak me out, I almost go into a panic every time.

This isn't funny.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I've been getting them on an off all day today.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   
To fix the issue with linking YouTube videos.

Go to the video you want to share from youtube.
On the lower right hand side of the video are several options -
(like/dislike/share/save)
Click share.
The share menu will pop up with the link.
After the youtube portion is a / and the letters numbers.
EX: Silcone Synapse video - htps://youtu.be/Ors10cHERiM
Take everything past the / Ors10cHERiM
Insert that portion into the youtube link on ATS.

Also - starting a youtube video at a specific time.
Use the above instructions.
Go to the portion of the video you want to share from
The only difference is when you click the share button and the screen pops up there is a checkbox at the bottom left that says "start at".
Check the box and it will add the start time to the link
Silcone Syndicates link starting at 1 minute in -
Ors10cHERiM?t=57

Insert that portion into the youtube link on ATS.

Results:

@PG4U - yeah lots of connection errors / slowdowns today. I also seem to be having issue uploading pictures to ATS. If that starts working
I have visuals for the instructions above.

edit on 5-4-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Been running clean for me every time ive gotten on here.....could just be good timing though

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Been running clean for me every time ive gotten on here.....could just be good timing though

It's been pretty frequent for me all day on 2 different networks, but not once since I posted that.

Go figure.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 07:46 PM
link   
How the Russian officer elite is being decimated in Ukraine – 18 generals and commanders who were killed in action

Following its invasion of Ukraine several weeks ago, Russia's once-feared military has faced fierce resistance.

Some experts believe that Russia may have overreached, as it has struggled to make the quick progress it expected to and has reportedly lost a slew of high-profile military figures.

Six Russian major generals are said to have been killed in the fighting, along with numerous other senior officers, according to reports.

Russian commanders are moving up towards the frontline in an attempt to restore momentum to the invasion of Ukraine according to western officials, said Gordon Corera, a BBC security correspondent, in a tweet.

"Those commanders are trying to impose their own personality on the battlefield, but this, in turn, is placing them at greater risk," said Corera, as reported by Insider.

click link for article and mini bios of the 18 KIA.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 08:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   
* - 54 shelling on Kharkiv and Kharkiv region yesterday, 6 killed, 8 wounded

* - Italy expels 30 Russian diplomats - Di Maio's announcement

* - CzechRepublic has already sent dozens of older T-72 tanks + BMPs to Ukraine. Equipment have been sent as a „gift" from Czech Army after the discussion with NATO allies

* - Sweden has decided to expel three Russian diplomats who did not work in accordance with the Vienna Convention, says Foreign Minister Ann Linde

* - Russian troops shelled Dominicana-flagged vessel in Mariupol

* - Location of this event is not known - A Ukrainian Stugna-P ATGM team shoots down a hovering Russian Ka-52 "Alligator" attack helicopter

* - New drone imagery shows Russian forces firing on a cyclists in Bucha, on Yablunska Street at 50.54148, 30.228898, where multiple corpses have been filmed and photographe

* - The French public prosecutor's office, which specializes in terrorism cases, announces the opening of three investigations into war crimes in Ukraine

* - Video of shelling at hospital in Mykolaiv yesterday

* - Spain expels 25 Russian diplomats for considering them "a threat"

* - NATO chief Stoltenberg says Russian troops are leaving the Kyiv area but not leaving Ukraine. He says the alliance believes (as long suspected) that Russia does intend to try to create a land bridge between Donbas and occupied Crimea

* - NATO Secretary General: We expect more Russian escalation against Eastern European countries

* - "We see that China has been unwilling to condemn Russia's aggression and has joined Moscow in questioning the right of nations to choose their own path" - Stoltenberg

* - Zelensky on Orban: "I called him, invited him, offered to meet with him. He was afraid, I'm sure of it. He might take it as an offense and say, 'I'm not afraid of anyone.' He is afraid of Russia's influence on his state. This influence exists, whether he likes it or not

* - NATO: We call on all allies to provide more weapons to Ukraine

* - NATO Secretary General Stoltenberg says alliance determined to supply more weapons to Ukraine, adding they will do more for partners such as Georgia and Bosnia "vulnerable for Russian threats and interference"

* - Stoltenberg: We will not recognize Russia's occupation of Ukraine, especially its control of the Crimea

* - Ursula von der Leyen on 5th package of sanctions:1 – An import ban on coal from Russia, worth €4 billion per year, cutting another important revenue source for Russia. 2 – A full transaction ban on 4 key Russian banks, among them VTB, the 2nd largest Russian bank

* - Ursula von der Leyen on 5th package of sanctions: 3 – A ban on Russian and Russian operated vessels from accessing EU ports and a ban on Russian and Belarusian road transport operators. 4 – Further export bans, worth €10 billion, in crucial areas: advanced semiconductors, machinery and transport equipment

* - Two Russian T-72B3 tanks advancing from Izium to Barvinkove were destroyed by the Ukrainian forces

* - Russian Orlan-10 was shot down in Popasna

* - Speaking to the press before departing for Brussels, @SecBlinken says the atrocities in Bucha are not "the random act of a rogue unit." "It's a deliberate campaign to kill, to torture, to rape," he says

* - EU declares 'a number' of Russian diplomats 'persona non grata': foreign policy chief Borrell

* - US Gen. Mark Milley: "We are witnessing the greatest threat to peace and security of Europe, perhaps the world in my 40 years of service and uniform.". Says US is at inflection point in defending world order

* - More than 4.2 million have fled Ukraine since the Russian invasion, according to @Refugees. That's nearly 10 percent of the country's pre-war population. The overwhelming majority have gone to Poland

* - Estonia will expel 14 of Russia's consular staff and close consular offices in Narva and Tartu, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said on Tuesday

* - Swedish prosecutors have opened a preliminary investigation into possible war crimes in Ukraine and urged witnesses to come forward, the Swedish Prosecution Authority said on Tuesday

* - Guterres: Russian war in Ukraine led to great loss of life and destruction of infrastructure

* - Poland's FM @RauZbigniew after a meeting with UK FM @trussliz: Russia has completely lost all credibility. A country that commits war crimes should be isolated on the international area, punished an held accountable. We are in favor of severe sanctions against Russia

* - Slovenia demands reduction of staff at Russian embassy in Ljubljana, summons ambassador over Bucha killings

As a reminder -

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 08:46 PM
link   
* - Ukrainian forces destroyed a Russian fuel truck with a Stugna-P ATGM strike

* - Zelensky addresses the UN

* - Martin Griffiths: Ground and air attacks have made life almost impossible for many civilians in Ukraine

* - Speech to the UN Security Council from Ukraine's President Zelensky: "They shot and killed women and children. Civilians were crushed by tanks while sitting in their cars. Women and children raped and killed in front of their children" (Turns outy the real Nazis are the Russians)

* -"Russia wants to turn Ukraine into silent slaves," adds @ZelenskyyUa. "They are looting everything starting with food and gold earrings"

* - "Show other war criminals in the world how they will be punished," @ZelenskyyUa tells UN Security Council

* - Zelenskyy also references MH17 and Syrian war (Chemical weapons), to give examples of Russia denying the proven facts. He tells the UN: "It is 2022. We have conclusive evidence. We have satellite evidence. We give maximum cooperation with journalists and investigators

* - "The massacre of Bucha is only one of many," adds @ZelenskyyUa, saying dozens of other Ukrainian communities have suffered similar to Bucha

* - "The Russian military and those who gave the criminals orders must be brought to justice" in a venue similar to the Nuremberg tribunal, demands @ZelenskyyUa

* - Zelensky: The UN watched and did not want to see the occupation of Crimea, the war against Georgia, and how Russia was preparing the basis for other conflicts

* - UN says 'credible' claims Russia has used cluster ammunition in populated Ukraine areas

* - Zelensky: I want to remind Russian diplomats that Adolf Eichmann did not go unpunished

* - Israeli Foreign Minister Lapid on Bucha massacre: Russia committed war crimes against a defenseless civilian population

* - Zelensky, in a speech before the UN Security Council, calls for the exclusion of Russia from the UN Security Council

* - UK Foreign Secretary @trussliz in Warsaw: Poland has always been clear eyed about Russia. You have understood Putin's malign intent. You were right. we agree the only way to end this war is for Putin to lose in Ukraine, we agree to step up our sanctions

* - Explosion reported over Belgorod

* - Melitopol': Russian troops searching residences of activists during night

* - A missile on the route to Ternopil' was shot down over Kremenets and has fallen on the warehouse with mineral fertilizers. As ammonia concentration in the ground water increased, local residents were asked not to use water wells

* - Russian troops searching and kidnapping Ukrainian activists in Prykolotne, Fedorivka, Velykyi Burluk

* - Russian army shelling Maryinka with MLRS GRAD

* - 32y.o man from Hoholiv village of Kyiv region was killed as result of blast of explosive device left by Russian troops in his car

* - US is training Ukrainians outside of Ukraine including here in the US, per @SecDef and Gen. Milley. No training inside Ukraine or Poland, they say

* - Washington will ban all new investments in Russia from Wednesday

* - Ukrainian border guards return to Ivankiv and Mlachivka units in Kyiv region, which were attacked by the Russian army on February 24

* - Explosion occurred at Krasnogvardeysky district of Belgorod region, - head of district confirms, though denies it was a result of shelling

* - Servicemen of the National Guard arrived at the Chornobyl nuclear power plant - they took the object under their protection

* - Ukrainian Health Minister: Russian forces attacked 279 hospitals and destroyed 19 of them completely since the beginning of the invasion

* - 3846 people were evacuated today to safe areas - Deputy PM of Ukraine

* - Explosion reported near Novomoskovsk

* - Head of L'viv regional administration says air defense engaging aerial targets, asking civilians to stay in shelters

* - Zelensky asks Spain for help "with weapons and sanctions" and compares what happened in Ukraine with "April 1937" and the bombing of Guernica

* - "We've only seen potentially the tip of the iceberg" of atrocities committed in Ukraine by Russia, says @PressSec

* - Explosion in the area of Radekhiv - head of L'viv regional administration

As a reminder -

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 08:48 PM
link   
* - Explosion reported near Kozyatyn in Vinnitsa region

* - Shelling in Kharkiv. Multiple explosions and fires already reported

* - Responding to @pwidakuswara who asks about China state media's reporting on the UkraineWar, @PressSec says if you're repeating the propaganda of Russia and Putin "you're on the wrong side of history

* - Ukrainian Railways company evacuated 15000 people from Pokrovsk, Kramatorsk, Sloviansk and Lozova today

* - India condemns killings in Ukraine's Bucha in apparent hardening of stance

As a reminder -

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join