It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

Apparently the only way to denazify Ukraine is to withdraw the russian nazis from the country.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Act leader David Seymour said New Zealand might need anti-tank missiles in the next three years but Ukraine needed them in the next three days.

"Our long-term security interest is to be a fully signed-up member of the Western liberal alliance because the world just got a lot nastier."

He added: "We can't afford to be the weakest link in the West."

Article

The new sanctions came as reports of rapes, mass killings, and woundings of civilians emerged from Ukraine, as Russian forces withdrew from areas surrounding the capital city after weeks of heavy fighting.

National Party foreign affairs spokesman Gerry Brownlee said there was a “mismatch” between the sanctions levelled by the Government and the actions of New Zealand’s traditional partners, a gap which needed to be “urgently” remedied.

[url=https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/128275884/government-urged-to-step-up-russia-sanctions-effort-send-lethal-military-equipment-to-ukraine]Story[/u rl]

www.stuff.co.nz... (Article concerning the NZ Army's LAVS. I encountered an issue with posting the link).

I am appalled and embarrassed by the New Zealand Government's response to the war in Ukraine. The ignorance and ineptitude extend to national security/defence and foreign policy. Nor would I be surprised if the NZDF doesn't have sufficient supplies and Javelin anti-tank missiles for Ukraine. Thirty years of underfunding, neglect and taxing war reserves as assets are hitting home.

There is so little sense that there is no inclination to dispatch spare LAVs to Ukraine. Note the excess of vehicles came from poor defence policies and acquisition choices, and not placing equipment in reserve.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade's incompetence is on full display concerning sanctions. Yet the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade's focus on free trade, New Zealand's nuclear ban and exporting foreign policy to the UN left a hollowed-out bureaucracy.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

Some good drone footage of russian destroyed civilian area in this episode, and again confirmed many things we've been discussing for the last day or so.

Doesn't contain anything gory, just destruction.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Sounds like a wise leader in NZ, going forward at least.

edit on 5-4-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Russia Aims to Create Land Bridge to Crimea

Russian forces are regrouping for a new offensive in Ukraine aimed at gaining enough ground to connect the occupied Crimean Peninsula with separatist-controlled territory in the eastern Donbas region, NATO’s official said Tuesday.

Been saying this for a month now.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 10:20 PM
link   
A detailed timeline undermining Russia's claim that the massacre in Bucha was a Ukrainian hoax

Images of dead bodies littering the streets in Bucha, Ukraine, have appalled the world.

Multiple witnesses say they were the victims of Russian soldiers who beat, tortured, and executed scores of civilians when they took of control of the town in early March.

But Russia has denied the accusations, with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov describing them as "fake."

Joe Ondrak, lead investigator at Logically AI, told Insider that Russia was operating a "two pronged" disinformation strategy, seeking to portray the Bucha killings as a hoax, while also blaming Ukraine for the deaths there.

"On pro-Russian Telegram channels discussions abound about how the mainstream media will not report on the atrocities committed by the neo-Nazis and the Ukrainian forces against civilians in Bucha," he said.

The reality is that Western media has extensively reported the atrocities, but attributed responsibility to Russia, based on evidence from the scenes.

At the heart of the defense made by the Russian foreign ministry in a Telegram post is the claim that its forces withdrew from the town on March 30. It argues that this date means they cannot have killed the civilians.

They said that no evidence came to light before April 4, when media organisations entered Bucha. They said the bodies were not in a state of decomposition consistent with their being killed during the Russian occupation.

Mounting evidence is emerging to undermine Russia's argument, said Givi Gigitashvili, who analyses Russian disinformation for the Atlantic Council.

He told Insider that Russia's propaganda about Bucha fits to a clear pattern that it has used before.

"When Kremlin does not like facts, it tries to twist them," he said, noting that the claims tend to appeal to a Western conspiracist audience.
click link for article...

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

No offense X, youve been doing great work here and the facts may very well prevail.

But

He told Insider that Russia's propaganda about Bucha fits to a clear pattern that it has used before.

Ive been hearing this line for 7 years and it hasnt panned out well.

Just my 2cp

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u
a reply to: xpert11

Sounds like a wise leader in NZ, going forward at least.

New Zealand is sleepwalking into the darkening war clouds around the globe. But returning to the focus of the topic:
New Zealand is also missing the opportunity to send milk powder and woollen clothing to Ukraine. Helping to feed and clothe Ukraine would represent measures taken to sustain that country.

Ethnically homogeneous Japan has long been wary of migrants despite an aging population and labour shortage but opinion polls show nearly 90% of people support taking in Ukrainian refugees and aid groups say the government has moved with unprecedented speed to help.

Story

Speaking of another matter, I am waiting to see if Ukraine approaches Japan for financial aid so that they can purchase military equipment from other countries?

Japan is taking unprecedented steps relating to admitting refugees from Ukraine. So what future steps Japan take to aid Ukraine is a development that I never expected.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

biden also claims to be reading russian communications, and was been pretty accurate on both the starting date and that china had sent secret U.S. communications to putin only minutes after receiving it.

But please don't misunderstand, I don't support or believe anything the biden idiot says or does.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

biden also claims to be reading

with that western propaganda.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

biden also claims to be reading

with that western propaganda.

Did you miss the the part where I said that I never believe anything biden says?

I accurately reported what the biden idiot said, nothing else.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 02:31 AM
link   
5 April update.

Key Takeaways

* The withdrawal of Russian forces from around Kyiv is nearing completion.

* Russia has not yet introduced forces withdrawn from western Ukraine into the fight in the east.

* Ukrainian forces continued to put up organized resistance in parts of Mariupol.

* Russian forces conducted limited offensive operations on the Izyum-Slovyansk axis.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 02:59 AM
link   
where are all the fact checkers , checking everything posted on the war?
or does that only pertain to pharma products ?

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 03:04 AM
link   
* - Kharkiv, Kharkivska Oblast(11:14). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Missiles launched over Belgorod this morning, possible air defense

* - Firefighters extinguished fires after Russian missile strikes at oil enterprises in Dnipropetrovs'k region for over 8 hours

* - .@EU_Commission president Ursula @vonderleyen says "we have to look into oil" but did not mention gas

* - Drone video of trenches excavated by Russians in the Chernobyl radiation area

* - Ukrainian military liberated Dobryanka, Trudolyubivka and Novonoznesenske villages in the north of Kherson region

* - The EUCO president Charles Michel says that sanction measures on oil or gas will be needed "sooner or later"

* - Donetsk Oblast(10:06). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Poltavska Oblast, Kharkiv, Kharkivska Oblast, Kryvyi Rih(10:05). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Dnipro, Dnipropetrovska Oblast, Zaporizka Oblast(10:04). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Turkish Foreign Ministry: The targeting of civilians in the towns of Bucha and Irpin cannot be accepted, and we are waiting for an independent investigation

* - According to Kursk governor, border checkpoint Sudzha was shelled with mortar, Russian border guards had to return fire

* - One civilian killed, 5 wounded as result of Russian army shelling in Rubizhne

* - Russian missiles hit oil depot in Novomoskovsk and a plant in Synelnykove

* - Vinnytska Oblast(04:49). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Zhytomyr, Zhytomyrska Oblast, Kyiv Oblast(04:48). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kyiv(04:47). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Mykolaiv, Mykolayivska Oblast(04:38). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Odeska Oblast(04:34). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - India condemns killings in Ukraine's Bucha in apparent hardening of stance

As a reminder -

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

Flightradar24

* - FORTE10 - Northrop Grumman RQ-4B Global Hawk / USAF - Patrolling Romania - Moldova/Ukraine/Black Sea areas
* - LAGR161 - Boeing KC-135R Stratotanker / USAF - circling south central Poland
* - NO CALLSIGN - Boeing KC-135R Stratotanker / USAF - circling central Romania
* - DUKE42 - Sikorsky UH-60M Blackhawk / US Army - airborne south east Poland / Ukraine border
* - YANK01 - Beech RC-12X Guardrail / US Army - patrolling Lithuania
* - T42 - Pilatus PC-12 NG / Finnish air force - near Jyvaskyla
* - T75 - Pilatus PC-12 NG / Finnish air force - South of Oulu
* - RSD91 - Antonov An-148-100E / Rossiya - Special Flight Squadron - Near Volgograd
* - BBX302 - Leonardo AW139 / Denmark - over Black Sea near Romania
* - R2808 - Sikorsky UH-60M Blackhawk / US Army - over east Bulgaria
* - REBEL85 - Beech C-12U-3 Huron / US Army - over Romania
* - ANAKIN32 - Beech King Air 350ER / French air force - over Romania (use the force)
* - ROF1104 - Antonov An-30 / Romanian air force - over Bucharest
* - CG04 - Lockheed EP-3E Aries II Orion / US Navy - Over Romania near Moldova border
* - RBP01 - Schiebel Camcopter S-100 / private owner - Drone over black sea near Romania
* - VI6050 - Ilyushin IL76TD / Volga-Dnepr airlines(Russian) - departed Moscow, currently over Poland - no destination listed

edit on 6-4-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
where are all the fact checkers , checking everything posted on the war?
or does that only pertain to pharma products ?

It's a war. We will not get any facts until 50 years have passed, provided the war is over by then and neither side is trying to hide war crimes.

It's like the SR-71 incident in the 1980's. An SR-71 was flying over Russia and as it got close to international airspace the SR-71 had some mechanical issues, forcing it to majorly reduce speed. The USSR scrambled aircraft with the intention of forcing the plane to land at a Soviet base. Several air force jets from Sweden (neutral at the time) scrambled some of their fighters and protected the SR-71. The US gave the Swedish pilots awards for their actions but it was not disclosed until like last year.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Aye I was just meaning like the government and everyone made a huge emphasis on fact checking during covid over healthcare choices to prevent the spread of misinformation, war is an imminent threat to ones personal well being so its crazy how there aren't as many fact checkers out policing everyone's posts on social media for misinformation.

I guess they only care about misinformation when it suits them aye

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

That's actually a pretty good point, I was optimistically hoping that the hopelessly brainwashed and their puppet masters had finally given up on that 'fact checking' nonsense.

You just ruined my day.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I am noticing a lot of Russians in the west now on social media protesting the war and even rapper oxxxymiron cancelling all his Russian shows in favour of shows overseas to start his anti war protest tour.

The media are wondering where all the Russians at home are protesting, people saying they are afraid to protest etc.

I am wondering then what is up with Russians , if I remember correctly the arab spring was a series of anti government protests and civil unrest followed by armed uprising and the overthrow of multiple dodgy leaders and dictators

So why then if so many Russians are opposed to the war arent they out enmass protesting
if they arent as under the thumb as the people of the arab spring were with actual dictators what is really stopping them from protesting , or are the majority of Russians for the conflict , and the number opposed to war is very low and so they dont feel safe to protest for fear they will be attacked by pro war groups aligned with the Russian state ?

Sorry I am ignorant of Russians at home who are against the war and those who are for it , not sure what the actual figures are

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 03:57 AM
link   

awww sorry man , didnt mean to , but aye I was also getting tired of reading "fact checkers" on every post or news article , and even when you post your own comments or stories it asked you if your info was ok and all you did was use the one word

mad world we live in eh

I guess it makes perfect sense , during war time information is key and whoever controls the information will have the advantage so it makes sense to keep a high level of misinformation, to keep people guessing, keep people on edge
when we are all in disarray we are easy to manipulate and we are easy to put into camps and easy to push towards votes.

we humans are so stupid, well the majority of us are

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

This is the problem occurring inside Russia -

Keep in mind Russians are only getting information from the state.

new topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join