It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 297
<< 294  295  296    298  299  300 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

I have sent you a PM.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11

I have sent you a PM.

ETA - responded

edit on 15-9-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Cant find info about any recent event where French seizing a russian ship. That happened in February 2022 thought.

Maybe Putin is giving direct orders to fire the missiles more , like the ones that was against Ukrainian power plant recently.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Cant find info about any recent event where French seizing a russian ship. That happened in February 2022 thought.

Maybe Putin is giving direct orders to fire the missiles more , like the ones that was against Ukrainian power plant recently.

I don't think that many of russia's prized remaining missiles could have been fired at civilian targets in such a short time without an order from putin.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Speaking of the " master strategist " he is worryed about alcohol abuse in he`s close circle lmao

Putin worried about alcohol addiction of Russia's top leadership

Since the special military operation did not age so well, people started to drink more vodka ?

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Master strategist will be remembered...as someone who caused a lot damage.

If Chechens started war, Putin wouldn't have military resources for it – Hodges

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Russia launched a Kh-47M2 Kinzhal “hypersonic” missile yesterday... it never left Russia.

If anyone wondered what #crashed today in #russian Stavropol' region injuring 6 firefighters, you'd be very much surprised to know that it wasn't a "Ukrainian UAV", but a russian #Kinzhal missile.

Photos at the link: twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 06:19 AM
link   
False reporting seems to be big problem in Russian armed forces.

@ChrisO_wiki

They are shooting their own foot by that kind of culture of reporting .

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 06:22 AM
link   
GRAPHIC WAR FOOTAGE

UA Troops taking care of business, throwing a hand Grenade right on 2 #Russian soldiers on target & finishing of with burst of machine #gun.

twitter.com...

Appears to be filmed by a drone at some distance.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Almost like super Mario game lol

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

One aspect of the Russian military that has surprised me is realizing they're still operating a 19th century force in terms of how manpower is trained and employed in the field.

It is a large, apparently poorly trained force run by senior officers who act more like warlords than the modern expectation of professional military men.

The officers seem to have little bond with their men. They exhort them to advance, threaten them when they don't, and too often don't ensure the men get what they need to be in fighting form. Troops have to be properly supplied and rotated away from the front, or their combat effectiveness breaks down.

The use of the Chechens and mercenaries as ad-hoc military police to chastise retreating troops is reminiscent of the NKVD machine gun troops used in the Second World War. That may have been an evil necessity when the USSR was in a life-and-death struggle with Nazi Germany, but it appears that has become Russia's go-to option for any war it fights.

In short, very little progress in terms of how manpower is handled since the mid 1940s. Once again, I am surprised by that as the USSR put a premium on studying warfare and the military as a science.

Cheers
edit on 15-9-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

False reporting seems to be big problem in Russian armed forces.

@ChrisO_wiki

They are shooting their own foot by that kind of culture of reporting .

That's a real good 'article' disguised as a tweet!

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I been surpriced also, highly. Now they are recruiting convicts from Russian prison, wanting them sign 6 Month contract with Wagner. Many those dont have any military training, some does have. The problem is that those people commit war crimes in Ukraine then, because some of them are murderers etc...

It must be horrible to be fighting there knowing cant trust own officers .

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigfootNZ
ruZZia state media still flaling... it now appears Ukrainians arent winning their war...

twitter.com...

Its all the Poles, Brits and Americans that are winning it for them...

Because the Ukrainians could never be capable fighters.
I saw a funny meme mocking that bit of propaganda, though I'm too lazy to correct the unfortunate typo of Kharkiv:

The Ukrainians are certainly brave but lets face it, they have a lot of new recruits who haven't had a lot of training.
There certainly are some soldiers from NATO countries in Ukraine's forces. SpeakTheTruth youtube channel interviewed one of them in detail months ago, but he detailed a relatively haphazard and not particularly well organized participation which had nothing to do with NATO. (Apparently Ukraine's foreign legion has become better organized since then).The soldier was well trained on the Javelin weapon and he was moving from group to group training the Ukrainians how to use them.

If Russia had to face real NATO troops, they would already know how to use Javelins and the other weapons that NATO has been sending to Ukraine. SpeakTheTruth says Russia wouldn't even know what hit them if they had to face actual well-trained NATO troops. But even if NATO troops like that weren't involved in the Kharkiv counter-offensive, NATO certainly played a significant role. The US has been open about sharing their satellite and other intelligence with Ukraine, and some NATO leadership probably provided some advice to Ukraine on how to interpret the satellite data and how to use it to plan their counter-offensive.

SpeakTheTruth said he has been watching Russian State media every day since the invasion started, and he has seen criticism and dissenting opinion openly displayed in the last week since the Russian defeat in Kharkiv which would have been unthinkable just a week ago. Watch some of SpeakTheTruth's recent videos if you want to see some examples of what he is talking about. This CRUX video says Putin is trying to figure out how to respond to all the criticism...he's already had lots of people arrested but he could create even more problems for his regime if he over-reacts to the criticism:

“Very, Very Thin Line”| Kremlin Warning As Putin Cracks Down On Criticism Of Ukraine War Debacles

edit on 2022915 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Possible Assasination attemt on Putin-he was uninjured but the report makes it seem like an inside job,or that his bodyguards were invlved!

(September 14) -President Vladimir Putin has survived an assassination attempt according to a Kremlin insider who spoke to the General GVR Telegram channel.
It is not known when the attempt, which was reported on Wednesday, September 14 took place. According to the account, the left front wheel of Putin’s car was hit by a loud bang. Smoke quickly followed but the car was driven to safety.
Putin was unharmed in the incident, however, it is understood that a number of arrests have been made by the security services. Amongst those that have “disappeared” are a number of his bodyguards amid claims the president’s movements were compromised.

euroweeklynews.com...

Not sure if this happened or is more BS/fog of war-I guess we will hear a lot more about it if it did happen.
And if Putins own bodyguards are compromised,that will no doubt have a big effect on his paranoia levels I would think.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Intercepted phone call between a russian soldier and his wife....if this is the typical situation over there, then this war isn't lasting much longer....the guy in the audio clip is wounded and they injected him with pain killers and are sending him back to the frontline with a single clip of ammo.

RUSSIAN SOLDIER HAS BREAKDOWN AND STARTS BALLING when talking to his wife. No ammo, dead comrades, explosions in the background, …Wounded and crying his wife try’s to calm him. POWERFUL.

twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Awful moments. Today made livid and as it happens for family members, thanks to cell phones.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

That's an interesting article, but I wonder about this part:

"The attempt to manage the media aside, Putin’s daughter was recently taken out by a car bomb. That would suggest that Putin and his family are being targeted, the only difference being the level of security that Putin himself enjoys."

I had not heard about his family being targeted. Could the author of the article be referring to his advisors daughter?

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scrable
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

That's an interesting article, but I wonder about this part:

"The attempt to manage the media aside, Putin’s daughter was recently taken out by a car bomb. That would suggest that Putin and his family are being targeted, the only difference being the level of security that Putin himself enjoys."

I had not heard about his family being targeted. Could the author of the article be referring to his advisors daughter?

I assume they are mixing up Dugans daughter,but that doesn't add credibility to the article.
MSN did a "fact check" on the claim and it does in fact look pretty sketchy-

There is no reliable or verified information publicly available to confirm the alleged attempt on Putin's life, even as the General SVR Telegram channel's claims have received more than 312,000 views as of Thursday morning, and were reported by the U.K. newspapers, including The Mirror, Mail Online and The Express.
There has been widespread skepticism about the claims made by the Telegram channel, which regularly posts alleged insider information about Putin and the Kremlin, but offers no evidence to support their veracity.
The identity of the account holder of General SVR is unknown and has been linked to a number of different actors, from Ukraine's intelligence agencies to a former Russian Foreign Intelligence Service official, although neither of these has been confirmed.
Some also suspect it to be a Russian security services operation, perhaps as a way of weeding out moles in the president's circle.

www.msn.com...

I am none the wiser after that fact check-
So hard to get accurate information in the days of the weaponized internet.

new topics

top topics

<< 294  295  296    298  299  300 >>

join