It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 295
<< 292  293  294    296  297  298 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Another ex-soviet union border gunfight, that makes total ex-soviet countrys 4 countrys in this week .....

Gunfire Erupts Along Volatile Kyrgyz-Tajik Border

Could be related to Russia-Ukraine war ?

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere

originally posted by: MidnightWatcher
a reply to: Imhere

"telegram".

So you mean more plywood models were hit.

Thank you, we have a drinking game going on those.

Nor is “HIMARS” some untouchable super weapon that’s in outer space where a Star Trek fleet can’t even hit it.

Of course not, but the mighty russian army has been trying awful hard to get one without success so far.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere

a reply to: Imhere

"telegram".

So you mean more plywood models were hit.

Thank you, we have a drinking game going on those.

Nor is “HIMARS” some untouchable super weapon that’s in outer space where a Star Trek fleet can’t even hit it.

Of course not, but the mighty russian army has been trying awful hard to get one without success so far.

Not as hard as Zelensky going around with a beggar’s bowl asking for more of them.

…..or trying to pop his head during the Oscars etc, (only to get sidelined by Will Smith slapping Chris Rock which dominated the night and following days on social media/news) lol

And speaking of begging for more recently.

On September 13th: Ukrainian Foreign Minister Slams Germany Over Refusal To Provide Tanks, Vehicles

“Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba has slammed Germany for refusing to provide it with Leopard tanks and Marder infantry fighting vehicles it has asked for”

Saw this on the site from the link that Kenzo posted above.

edit on 14-9-2022 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Could defo be related Kenzo
some outside 'influences' are really stirring the pot here.

What freaks me out is this a diversion from the real threat which is Iran going full on nuke. All this time our eyes were focussed on an inter Slav mafia war, then suddenly Iran declares itself a nuclear weapons power. Scary stuff when the Mullahs start handing them out to their proxies worldwide

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Must be desperate times for russia, because that is one heck of a desperate measure.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

This Ukraine has taked so much time that less time to focus to Iran / other issues..I am not sure what is the current situation in Iran with nuclear front, do you have info about it ?

The issues/ problems Russia have now is noticed on all ex USSR countrys, it could be time bomb just waiting to blow up in some countrys , and Turkey is stirring the pot also....Turkey is acting strange , buying weapons from Russia but being NATO coutry, Erdoğan is odd fella.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 09:19 AM
link   

From what I read somewhere recently Iran is weeks away from getting the nuke bomb. Not sure where just googled for it but somewhere out there. They've been saying the same I guess for a while, yet one of these days Iran really is going to do a North Korea and announce to the world they have nukes. The whole world's attention on Ukraine must be a gift from G-d to them at the moment.

Erdogan looks like he's playing all sides. No doubt wants a piece of the Stan cake along with Russia and China. China's foreign secretary from memory is in Kazachstan today. All important to gain influence plus move goods over land so an invasion of Taiwan can go ahead and the Chinese don't get penned in regarding the sanctions on their ocean exports. Loads of time bombs as you say Kenzo in the Stan region and outside influences will be doing their best to blow things up over there. Putin saved Kazachstan for Russia last January in a limited intervention, one that worked first time!

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Excellent points, and before the Ukrainian counteroffensive, the failings and flaws of senior Russian military commanders, the effects of logistical failings and corruption will have impacted the Russian army. Those circumstances must have a devastating impact on Russian morale and confidence.

I suspect the Russians knew a Ukrainian counteroffensive was in the works, but they didn't know the locations, dates and the unexpected scope of the undertaking. Also, IMO the issue was if Ukrainian forces were able to logistical sustain more than limited counterattacks in areas Russian troops had withdrawn from or were thinly defended. We now know given months of preparation, the Ukrainians are capable of taking a sledgehammer to a nut.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Was just watching a Polish news channel (TVP)-they are saying there are unconfirmed reports that the Ukrainians are attacking in the direction of Mariupol and (unconfirmed)reports of Russian top brass/Intel people bugging out of Mariupol AND Crimea..

Both of those seem hard to believe,but who knows.

I get an ominous feeling that Putin will not let Crimea be taken back by any means-from that perspective pulling out the top people could be a precursor to something horrific.

The Guardian are reporting the same as well-

In the Russian-occupied regions of the Crimea and southern Ukraine, Russian proxies, intelligence officers and military commanders have begun to evacuate and “urgently resettle their families” back into Russian territory, the defence intelligence of Ukraine’s military of defence said.

www.theguardian.com... rth

May be important,or may be propaganda designed to unsettle and demoralize the Russians.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

It seems that Ukraine conducted at least separate large scale feints towards Marioupol and Melitipol yesterday.

I watch the same Polish channel!

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Saw this yesterday...

Ukrainian intelligence: Russian occupiers begin leaving Crimea, southern Ukraine with their families. An “urgent evacuation” of Russian proxies, intelligence officers, and military commanders is taking place, the Main Intelligence Directorate said.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Yeeh morale and confidence must be lower now , even the elite unit from near Moscov has been getting beated ( cant remember name , 1st something )

Too much of Russian soldiers has also been left out of normal rotation cycles, after weeks or even Months being in front is quite hard in the long run without having some break for a while .

I dont know what happened exactly but if they know something might be coming, why not prepare ...IDK

Ukraine is probably now preparing advances , so something might start again soon

Girkin with another update this morning, preparing for the worst. Says Ukraine is preparing advances in a number of directions, Russians won't be have time to respond.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I find this about one place in Iran ,Fordow Fuel Enrichment Plant

Fordow Fuel Enrichment Plant as never seen before

This goes off topic so mods might remove..

Under #Iran’s Amad Superorganizational Plan, #Fordow Fuel Enrichment Plant (Al Ghadir)

Maybe Israel will bomb all their nuclear sites. Not sure what China thinks now, maybe they will first see what happens in Ukraine and what happens in Russia .

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Taking a broader historical view:

Australian military aid's modest contribution to Ukraine's war effort is a positive development in that country's military history. Also, the stakes involving the outcome of the war in Ukraine are higher than the debacle of Australia's contribution to the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. The jury is out on Iraq's future, but the fate of Afghanistan in the wake of the Taliban returning to power requires no further comment.

In particular, Australia's role in Afghanistan makes for grim reading. The lack of strategic purpose beyond doing just enough to meet their U.S. alliance obligations, the Brereton Report and the refusal to take the lead in Uruzgan province are ugly realities.

Now, I need to point out how Ukraine was a flawed democracy before the war. But Afghanistan is a tribal state without the culture and institutions for democratic government. So the two conflicts aren't directly comparable, but Australia might have more impact on the war in Ukraine without deploying boots on the ground.

Although New Zealand's role in Afghanistan had fewer complications, it proved equally fruitless. However, new Zealand's role in training Ukrainian soldiers in the UK opens the door to a similarly successful outcome.

In comparison, how Germany was slower to dispatch military equipment to Ukraine than Australia is embarrassing. I understand How the German armed forces faced neglect and underfunding. Also, my impression is that pro-Russian interests in Germany are behind the disgraceful delays. But I would welcome input and other perspectives on these matters.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   

1st Guards Tank Army.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I think US is keeping eye on Russian tactical nuclear warheads, and sees if Russia is starting to move them from storage .

I dont know what would happen if...surely NATO would go to higher level i assume ..

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yes that`s the one . I read they were consired one of the best in Russia, now they run in trouble in Ukraine ...

Cheers

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

1st Guards Tank Army.

Cheers

Aren't they also responsible for defending moscow from angry russians demanding a new leader?

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
13 September Update

Key Takeaways

* The Kremlin has recognized its defeat in Kharkiv Oblast, the first defeat Russia has acknowledged in this war. The Kremlin is deflecting blame from Russian President Vladimir Putin and attributing it instead to his military advisors.

* The Kremlin is likely seeking to use the defeat in Kharkiv to facilitate crypto mobilization efforts by intensifying patriotic rhetoric and discussions about fuller mobilization while revisiting a Russian State Duma bill allowing the military to send call-ups for the regular semiannual conscription by mail. Nothing in the Duma bill suggests that Putin is preparing to order general mobilization, and it is far from clear that he could do so quickly in any case.

* The successful Ukrainian counter-offensive around Kharkiv Oblast is prompting Russian servicemen, occupation authorities, and milbloggers to panic.

* Russia’s military failures in Ukraine are likely continuing to weaken Russia’s leverage in the former Soviet Union as Russia appears unwilling to enforce a violated ceasefire it brokered between Armenia and Azerbaijan or to allow Armenia to invoke provisions of the Russia-dominated Collective Security Treaty Organization in its defense.

* Ukrainian troops likely continued ground attacks along the Lyman-Yampil-Bilohorivka line in northern Donetsk Oblast and may be conducting limited ground attacks across the Oskil River in Kharkiv Oblast.

* Russian and Ukrainian sources indicated that Ukrainian forces are continuing ground maneuvers in three areas of Kherson Oblast as part of the ongoing southern counter-offensive.

* Russian troops made incremental gains south of Bakhmut and continued ground attacks throughout Donetsk Oblast.

* Ukrainian forces provided the first visual evidence of Russian forces using an Iranian-made drone in Ukraine on September 13.

More at URL above.

Cheers

top topics

<< 292  293  294    296  297  298 >>

join