It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 282
<< 279  280  281    283  284  285 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Notable bit is that it is the first display of maneuver warfare since the artillery phase set in upon the failure of the initial Russian moves.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
VLADIMIR Putin was left embarrassed as Russian-backed Ukrainian separatists decided to lay down their arms.

Russian soldiers refuse to fight over poor conditions

A soldier shouted to his commander: "The officership have all been f****** looters since day one. "They brought things here by truck. Who are you? Capitan from Luhansk?

The Luhansk soldiers shouted: "We’re not going anywhere else. You can f****** shoot us.
"Call the prosecutor’s office in Russia. Call them and let them come. Let them come. We won’t move from here."

apdirect.in...

Video here: mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Embarrassed?

Frothing at the mouth and biting the carpet, more like.

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
twitter.com... per this link the ukranians captured an intact arsenal in Balakliya and some of the funnier combat footage a poor russian tank ended up behind enemy lines and didnt know it and ends up running from infantry and humvees into a tree at a pretty decent speed twitter.com... bonus points for sound track being yakity sax

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

It`s the Benny Hill show

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Afinity99

Russia has apparently killed more folk in Mariupol than Hitler did:

www.newsweek.com...

Spin that away.

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Russian Tank driver apparently runs over and kills own Colonel in protest of bungled war:

youtu.be...
I don't know why you say the Colonel was killed when the video you post shows him alive, not dead. His legs were injured and now he needs compensation to live with damaged legs, but Russia is running out of money so I don't know if he will actually get the money. Apparently some Russians who signed up for the military to get a bonus never got it, nor did their families when the soldiers were killed.

Russian soldier reportedly runs over commander with tank in protest

“Now Col. Medvedev is in a hospital in Belarus, waiting for monetary compensation for combat wounds received during the ‘special military operation to protect the Donbass.’ Colonel Medvedev was awarded the Order of Courage,”
That's one less commander the Ukrainians have to take out.

Will the soldier be subject to disciplinary action for running over colonel Medvedev's legs? Or can he claim it was an "accident"?

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

My bad. Still......

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Arbitrageur

My bad. Still......

There was another russian lt col supposedly captured alive and uninjured 3 days ago, apparantly he was captured well in the russian rear while fleeing to Izyum and didn't realize that Ukrainians had already taken a village he tried to pass through.

Several normally trustworthy sources that are frequently used in this thread have mentioned this, but no official confirmation yet.

edit on 9-9-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I don't see anyone being run over in that footage. There is no one in front of the tank.

a reply to: Oldcarpy2

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   
www.youtube.com... various footage of the Ukrainian counter attack wont embed as some of it is def NSFW ,also shows the Humvee charge thats gone semi viral in the past few days from what i think is foreign legion guys (hence the English probably American on the 50)

its weird to be seeing a war in almost real time

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   
oddly while not identical it does bear a very odd similarity to operation fredricuks 2 from ww2 where the nazis did pretty much the exact same thing to the Russian forces to disastrous effect to soviet troops en.wikipedia.org... twitter.com...

main difference seems to be they are using modern nato doctrine vs the old ww2 german one

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I'd hate to be one of the Ukrainian soldiers... having to scoop all those shells out of your vehicle after firing at Putinist mercenaries.

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

I'd hate to be one of the Ukrainian soldiers... having to scoop all those shells out of your vehicle after firing at Putinist mercenaries.

Better than being one of those russians.

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

I meant they have to scoop out the casings, not shells. I got that wrong.

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

I meant they have to scoop out the casings, not shells. I got that wrong.

I knew what you meant, just couldn't resist.

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

foxnews.com/world/five-russian-officials-arrested-proposing-remove-putin-power-charge-him-treason

It looks like they have arrested 5 of them.

It's interesting that they put themselves in such danger. It makes me wonder just how unpopular this war is for the average Russian.

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrable
a reply to: Kenzo

foxnews.com/world/five-russian-officials-arrested-proposing-remove-putin-power-charge-him-treason

It looks like they have arrested 5 of them.

It's interesting that they put themselves in such danger. It makes me wonder just how unpopular this war is for the average Russian.

I think this is a gamble for power. The risk they took only pays off if Ukraine has a major victory in this counter-offensive. They would want to be shown opposing Putin if the Russian federation collapses. Currently, there are a lot of signs that Russia and its economy are going to crash. They aren't even paying the troops they sent to Ukraine They cant even make basic electronics the only area they are doing well is Steele production but the funny part is to do anything with the Steele they need China.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I'm pretty sure I've geo tracked the reinforcements that russia is rapidly racing to defend Kupiansk, to Vovachansk, which seems odd given their large force posture in the Luhansk area.

Oh well, time for Ukraine to open yet another front to take the Vovachansk area.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 02:17 AM
link   
9 September Update

Key Takeaways

* Ukrainian forces have captured an estimated 2,500 square kilometers in Kharkiv Oblast in the Kharkiv counteroffensive as of September 9.

* The Kremlin is rushing resources to Kharkiv Oblast in response to effective Ukrainian operations.

* Ukrainian forces reached the outskirts of Kupyansk and are advancing on Izyum from the northwest, north, northeast, and southeast as of September 9 and will likely sever Russian ground lines of communication (GLOCS) to Izyum within the coming days.

* Ukrainian forces may have advanced north of Hrushivka towards a Russian logistics hub in Velykyi Burluk, northeastern Kharkiv Oblast.

* Ukrainian forces are continuing counteroffensive operations in southern Ukraine, including interdicting Russian GLOCS, degrading Russian morale.

* Russian forces conducted ground assaults north of Kharkiv City and across the Eastern Axis.

* The United Nations released a report detailing poor Russian treatment of Ukrainian POWs and detained civilians.

More at URL above.

Cheers

<< 279  280  281    283  284  285 >>

join