It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 240
<< 237  238  239    241  242  243 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I think Russian missiles are just attracted to malls kind of like tornados are attracted to trailer parks. On a serious note where are all the malls, Ukraine has hit? Im very sure Russia isnt going to pass up on that PR unless they havnt hit any? Always here alternative from apologists like nato did this the US did that.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

On a serious note where are all the malls, Ukraine has hit?

Western Media is blind and deaf when Ukraine does it.

They all turn into Sgt Shultz.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

For all we know the video footage was taken in Chechnya. Also the account that posted it on youtube is known for pushing Russian propaganda.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Russian ships reportedly turned off tracking signals and faked paperwork while picking up Ukrainian grain in Crimea

Investigations published by the Financial Times and BBC this week identified nine cargo ships docked at a sanctioned Crimea grain terminal in May. The reports come as Ukrainian officials and farmers accuse Russian forces of stealing grain from the country.

The Kremlin denies these allegations.

"Russia is shamelessly stealing Ukrainian grains and getting it out from the invaded Crimea. These grains are being shipped to foreign countries, including Turkey," Ukrainian ambassador Vasyl Bodnar told reporters in early June, according to Reuters.

"We have made our appeal for Turkey to help us and, upon the suggestion of the Turkish side, are launching criminal cases regarding those stealing and selling the grains," he said.
click link for article.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I forgot that only places like CNBC are trusted by you. The same places talkking about a 4th safe and effective covid jab.

Safe and effective, right?

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 07:30 AM
link   

It’s just getting stupid now with Russia’s incompetence or deliberate terror attacks..

Ukraine says 18 killed as Russian missiles slam into homes near port city of Odesa

www.cbsnews.com...

Kyiv, Ukraine — Russian missile attacks on residential areas in a coastal town near Ukraine's port city of Odesa early Friday killed at least 18 people, including two children, authorities reported, a day after Russian forces withdrew from the strategic Snake Island in the Black Sea.

Video of the pre-dawn attack showed the charred remains of buildings in the small town of Serhiivka, located about 30 miles southwest of Odesa. Ukrainian news reports said missiles struck a multi-story apartment building and a resort area

edit on 1-7-2022 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Russia's strategy in Ukraine is built upon drawing narrow conclusions from their military intervention in the Syrian Civil War. So Russian attempts to recreate the destruction of Aleppo in Ukraine are based on the false or flawed assumption that area bombing is a war-winning approach. But Russian military planners failed to consider a broader understanding of military history and recognise aberrations and warfare's shifting character.

Also, the Russians are using firepower to compensate for a shortage of infantry units in Ukraine. But logistical handicaps, Ukrainian counter-battery fire, drones, and conventional air power threaten Russian artillery.

But the Russians are the late comers to the party. After the 1991 Gulf War, U.S. war planners entered the same trap, but they assumed the latest technological breakthroughs overrode the fog of war. Along with Rumsfeld's post, 9-11 light footprint doctrine and the scene is set for gigantic blunders. Moreover, U.S. and coalition forces discovered that technological wizardry isn't a replacement for "boots on the ground" in Iraq and Afghanistan.

However, I wish to stress that the conduct of U.S. and coalition forces in Iraq and Afghanistan bear no relation to the actions of the Russian armed forces in Ukraine. For instance, U.S. and British forces didn't level city blocks during the toppling of Saddam Hussein's regime in 2003.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: putnam6

That would be because Belarus President is trying to claim Poland is getting ready to invade Ukraine. Belarus is considering a preemptive invasion of Ukraine to prevent Poland from taking land.

Or that is how they are telling the lie.

Let me know if I'm speaking out of place, but I forgot all about this thread. For the record, I'm not pro-Ukrainian or pro-Russian. I believe Russian occupying the east is inevitable and all we are doing now is making it last longer and be more deadly.

still searching for more reliable sources, not saying it is or isn't happening but it's obviously being played up by the Ukrainians

www.ibtimes.com...

Thousands of people in the Gomel Oblast of Belarus have reportedly received calls from the government to enlist themselves in military service. This comes days after Russia's ally Belarus announced the start of mobilization exercises in the Gomel.

The Ministry of Defense has begun sending mass subpoenas to people in the last three or four days, reported Zerkalo, an independent Belarusian news outlet.

According to Andrey, a resident of Svetlogorsk and T-72 tank mechanics, he received a call from the military registration and enlistment office on June 26. "On Monday morning, they called from the personnel department. They said to come on June 30, for a couple of hours. I don't know whether to take anything with me or not," the 37-year-old man told the news outlet.

Many employees of Byelorussian Steel Works have also been handed the summonses at work on June 28. " People who were at home on vacation were called too. No one said anything, we are in a panic," an unnamed resident of Zhlobin was quoted by the news outlet.

Not just in Svetlogorsk and Zhlobin, people from other regions of Gomel, including Rechitsa, Mozyr, Yelsk and Khoiniki, were also served subpoenas. The report added that those who never served in the military were told to enlist. More than 1,000 subpoenas were handed out in the Khimvolokne region alone.

Doctors and female nurses too have been asked to enlist and some sign documents promising not to leave the country. There are allegations that people who are not otherwise fit for military service have been asked to enlist.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   
RE: gettr.com...

Holy crap. Biden just put a smile on Zelenskyy's face. We're going to keep GIVING HIM billions of dollars for years, while Ukraine "resists" Russia.

The President of the United States loves Ukraine more than he does the people of his own country!

Pitiful!

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

You would have thought the Russians would learn...

Feb 16, 2018 Russian military contractors reportedly tried to test the US military in Syria — but they got whooped

The Russians are still using the same manual for Ukraine.

edit on 1-7-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Whereas the sources apparently trusted by you and which you constantly regurgitate on here are, of course, completely independent and trustworthy and not at all one sided pro Russian propaganda sources?

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Whereas the sources apparently trusted by you and which you constantly regurgitate on here are, of course, completely independent and trustworthy and not at all one sided pro Russian propaganda sources?

That was exactly my point with him. He seems to be in the Russia mindset where they invade Ukraine, and when Ukraine attacks legitimate military targets inside Russia, Russia gets pissed because their territory was attacked. You can apply that example to what the user is doing. Its ok to use videos with no context / verifiable information but the moment someone else does it, its not fair.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   

This is Putin punishing the Uks for failing to welcome the Russian Anschluss with open arms

The bad Ukrainians have to be punished for their insolence

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I post my sources every time. If you missed them then you are not looking.

Unlike some who post a list of possible sources they use and you have to reverse search to find exactly where a piece of info came from.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I forgot that only places like CNBC are trusted by you. The same places talkking about a 4th safe and effective covid jab.

Safe and effective, right?

This was my point exactly deflect by using another situation. Covid has nothing to do with our conversation does it?

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   

When talking about the reliability of sources evidence of sources lying is somehow not admissible in clown world.

If your sources pushed the covid vaccine lie, WMDs in Iraq, moderate Syrian rebels, Epstein killed himself, Hunter Biden's laptop being fake, Jan 6 insurrection, Kyle Rittenhouse crossed state lines with a gun, and so many more then I can only laugh when you hold their word as gospel about the Ukraine Russian war.

Those sources are not even legally new sources, they are entertainment networks that can't be held responsible in courts and they are for hire.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

When talking about the reliability of sources evidence of sources lying is somehow not admissible in clown world.

If your sources pushed the covid vaccine lie, WMDs in Iraq, moderate Syrian rebels, Epstein killed himself, Hunter Biden's laptop being fake, Jan 6 insurrection, Kyle Rittenhouse crossed state lines with a gun, and so many more then I can only laugh when you hold their word as gospel about the Ukraine Russian war.

Those sources are not even legally new sources, they are entertainment networks that can't be held responsible in courts and they are for hire.

Since everyone is capable of reviewing a source your argument is not valid. Yes, there is distrust of the media however this doesn't mean we can just throw out everything they say. Though this is the main defense of Russian trolls throw out all sorts of possibilities and then say well the media lies. But there are certain truths that are self-evident. One Russia invaded Ukraine not the other way around. In Russia's attempt to save Russian speakers (their claim) deaths went from 48 civilians last year to 10000 according to the latest report to the UN. Throw in the forced conscription from Donbas and of course, more Russian speakers have died. From a Ukrainian stand point Russia's invasion effectively eliminated the separatists. If Russia leaves there aren't enough separatists to continue to fight.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Yes, there is distrust of the media however this doesn't mean we can just throw out everything they say.

When you start applying that to all info and not just the info you like to hear then I will be impressed.

When you start giving that "lecture" to those who dismiss info because they don't like Russian sources then I will take you seriously but as of now I just think you are a complete hypocrite.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

But the Russians are the late comers to the party. After the 1991 Gulf War, U.S. war planners entered the same trap, but they assumed the latest technological breakthroughs overrode the fog of war. Along with Rumsfeld's post, 9-11 light footprint doctrine and the scene is set for gigantic blunders. Moreover, U.S. and coalition forces discovered that technological wizardry isn't a replacement for "boots on the ground" in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Trying to pull a Iraq/Afghanistan on Russia is a not winning approach.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   

dont worry they will see again when Russia will take more to secure areas and the locals in Eastern Provinces. Local Eastern Russian Speaking Ukrainians had being attacked because they speak Russian.

top topics

<< 237  238  239    241  242  243 >>

join