It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 224
<< 221  222  223    225  226  227 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The video shows a civilian seriously injured by a heavy Ukrainian artillery shelling in the Donetsk suburb of Makiivka today, who unfortunately died of his injuries despite help from passers-by.
A fire broke out near one of the main symbols of the city - the Donbas Arena stadium.
Dozens of apartments were damaged again as a result of a strike in the Kalininsky district of Horlivka. The apartments have been repeatedly targeted by AFU.
Ukrainian Army used a French CAESAR self-propelled howitzer during the Donetsk shelling. Shrapnel was found with the French marking "MURAT."
Donetskgorvodokanal, an enterprise for bottling drinking water, which was delivered to ordinary residents was shelled.
According to the DPR JCCC, a total of 9 civilian infrastructure facilities were hit. The number of wounded in the Chervonogvardeisky district of Makeevka was reported to be 3, 1 person died.

Sources
t.me...
t.me...
t.me...
t.me...
t.me...
t.me...
t.me...

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Like Russia isn't killing civilians? Please....

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

The video shows a civilian seriously injured by a heavy Ukrainian artillery shelling in the Donetsk suburb of Makiivka today, who unfortunately died of his injuries despite help from passers-by.
A fire broke out near one of the main symbols of the city - the Donbas Arena stadium.
Dozens of apartments were damaged again as a result of a strike in the Kalininsky district of Horlivka. The apartments have been repeatedly targeted by AFU.
Ukrainian Army used a French CAESAR self-propelled howitzer during the Donetsk shelling. Shrapnel was found with the French marking "MURAT."
Donetskgorvodokanal, an enterprise for bottling drinking water, which was delivered to ordinary residents was shelled.
According to the DPR JCCC, a total of 9 civilian infrastructure facilities were hit. The number of wounded in the Chervonogvardeisky district of Makeevka was reported to be 3, 1 person died.

Sources
t.me...
t.me...
t.me...
t.me...
t.me...
t.me...
t.me...

And in the same time Russia probably shelled 20 different Ukranian towns and cities.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: merka

Ukraine has been doing that to Donetsk for 8 years. With no other objective than to harm and terrorize civilians. That is called terrorism. Some people seem to forget or excuse it.

Ukraine is the European ISIS.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Fighting continues in northern Kharkiv Region: Russian Armed Forces develop counter-offensive on Staryi Saltiv. Fighting for control over the forests near Krasnopillya continues. ZSU' SU-25 assault aircraft has been shot down near Mazanivka.

▪️Fighting continues in Severodonetsk for the industrial zone of the Azot plant. It is reported that civilians have been freed from the plant's territory.

▪️Allied forces have broken through ZSU defense on the southern outskirts of Lysychans'k. Fighting continues in Ustynivka. Russian Armed Forces are advancing towards Bila Hora. Russian Armed Forces have liberated Myrna Dolyna and are fighting on the outskirts of Pidlisne, threatening to finally surround the AFU grouping in Zolote and Hirs'ke. Fierce fighting continues on Bilohorivka — Berestove — Mykolaivka line. Wagner's PMC units fight for Pokrovs'ke on the outskirts of Bakhmut.

▪️Donetsk and Makiivka were once again targeted by massive shelling. There are injuries and deaths.

▪️The situation has escalated south of Vuhledar: ZSU has made an attempt to attack Pavlivka.

▪️In the Kryvyi Rih direction, the sides continue to engage in artillery duels: Russian Armed Forces have hit ZSU positions in Zelenodolsk and Shyroke. West of Snihurivka, the Russian Armed Forces expanded their zone of control to Novopetrivka, Burkhanivka, and Kalynivka.

t.me...

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   

The situation in the Soledar direction
as of 10.00 June 22, 2022

▪️By morning, the forces of the People's Militia of the LPR advanced to the outskirts of Loskutovka from Mirnaya Dolina.

On the Vrubovsky direction, the 6th Volunteer Regiment came close to Ray-Aleksandrovka and occupied the dominant height.

Although the settlements still formally remain under the control of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, in fact, the allied forces have established full fire control over the road, occupied the heights and closed the group defending Gorskoye and Zolote into a cauldron.

According to preliminary information, four battalions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine are holding the defense in the Zolote area. Units of 24 ombr are deserting from positions.

▪️In Loskutovka, the remnants of the 112th Territorial Defense Brigade hold the defense: the unit suffered huge losses during the battles for Toshkovka and Mirnaya Dolina.

▪️Against the backdrop of the collapse of the defense south of Lisichansk, the command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine transferred to Bondarnoye a rifle battalion, hastily assembled from the newly mobilized residents of Volodymyr-Volynsky.

▪️Part of the Ukrainian reinforcements are being transferred to the Markovo-Druzhkovka line: two companies of the 14th brigade are hastily equipping positions, trying to hold back the offensive of the RF Armed Forces.

t.me...

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   
and this is the real scary bit english.alarabiya.net... Lavrov in Iran right now.

A year or so ago me and JBurns were convinced that if Ukraine went NATO then Russia would equip Iran with a nuclear arsenal as a counter move. Scary stuff yet as a defensive move who knows what's cooking in their meeting?

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
a reply to: Xcathdra

Interesting video. It makes a lot of sense. One thing gets me though....I can't square the high number of russian generals/high ranking officers KIA

The part I overlooked.. I forgot the number of Russian officers that have been killed. Kind of shoots, or at least changes, the guys theory.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 09:21 PM
link   
* - Current Chief of Staff of the Central Military District, Colonel-General Mikhail Teplinsky, will replace the current Commander of the Russian Airborne Forces, Colonel-General Andrey Serdyukov.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ukraine-Russia War: Over half of DPR troops killed or injured - UK intel

Over half of all pro-Russian forces (55%) from the separatist-controlled eastern Ukraine breakaway Donetsk People's Republic have been either killed or injured in the ongoing invasion of Ukraine, according to the latest UK defense intelligence update Wednesday morning.

Using figures from the DPR indicating numbers from as recent as June 16, UK intelligence has said that the republic acknowledged 2,128 military personnel deaths and 8,897 injured since the beginning of the year. This highlights the severe attrition in the ongoing fighting in the Donbas region.

Both sides are likely suffering severe casualties, though exact numbers are impossible to ascertain.

It should also be noted that DPR forces are likely equipped with outdated weapons and equipment.
click link for article

edit on 22-6-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 10:30 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 11:49 PM
link   
SPAM
edit on 6/23/2022 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 12:53 AM
link   
22 June update

Key Takeaways

* Russian forces continued to make gains to the south of Lysychansk and will likely reach the city in the coming days, although they are unlikely to quickly capture the Severodonetsk-Lysychansk area.

* Russian forces continued offensive operations towards Slovyansk and made minor advances.

* Russian forces intensified efforts to interdict Ukrainian lines of communication along the T1302 Bakhmut-Lysychansk highway in order to support Russian operations towards Lysychansk.

* Russian forces focused on defensive operations along the Southern Axis and may have made marginal gains within Mykolaiv Oblast.

* Russian authorities are continuing measures to facilitate the economic integration of occupied areas.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 01:27 AM
link   
* - At Bakhmut direction Russians conducting offensive towards Zolote, Vovchoyarivka, near Berestove attempting to seize height to control Bakhmut-Lysychansk highway, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian forces conducting assault actions to capture Syrotyne, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian forces captured Loskutivka and Rai-Oleksandrivka village at Sieverodonetsk direction, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - President Zelensky: Today I spoke with the leaders of 11 countries: Bulgaria, Latvia, Greece, Sweden, Estonia, Czech Republic, Belgium, Austria, Slovenia, Moldova, and spoke again with the President of Lithuania Nauseda. Expressed full support for the situation around the Kaliningrad region of Russia

* - Maia Sandu:Had a good phone call with President @ZelenskyyUa ahead of the important EUCO meeting. We have discussed @EU_Commission's recommendation on granting candidate status to Moldova and Ukraine. We are committed to strengthening our cooperation in regards to our EU integration

* - Mayor of Apostolove reports shelling in the community

* - More explosions reported in Kharkiv

* - Shelling in Kharkiv

* - Missile strike at Skadovsk port reported after Iskander launches from the site earlier today

* - EU currently providing Ukraine with long-rage artillery, tanks and MLRS, per @eu_eeas Amb Charles Fries at EUDFF22. "We have adapted our offers to the Ukrainian needs"

* - 5 people killed as result of Russian mortar shelling in Pryshyb of Kharkiv region

* - 1 killed, 3 wounded as result of Russian shelling in Mykolaiv

* - Big explosion in Pavlohrad district

* - Shelling in Chuhuiv near Kharkiv

* - 3 wounded as result of shelling in Nemyshlansky district of Kharkiv

* - Paul Ronzheimer of BILD: We just got under attack on our way out of Lyssytschansk which is almost encircled. Thank god, Giorgos, Vadim and I are not injured, only one window of the car broke. Russians propaply attacked the road with Mortar. Before that we were inside Lyssytschansk. Soon more @BILD

* - Russian controlled jack-up rig is still burning

* - Belarusian Ministry of Defense announces "mobilization exercises" from June 22 to July 1 in Homiel region bordering Ukraine

* - Russia launched 7 missiles at Mykolaiv

* - At Pivdenniy Buh direction Russian army shelled Tavriyske, Shevchenkove, Kyselivka, Kvitneve, conducted airstrike near Bila Krynytsa, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian army shelled Andriivka, Novodonetske, Stara Ukrainka and Huliaipole. Russian aviation conducted airstrike near Krasnohorivka, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - At Myronivka-Semyhiria direction Ukrainian military repelled an assault towards Vuhlehirska power station, also repelled an attack at Molodizhne-Katerynivka direction, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

As a reminder

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

Resources - Where most of the updates come from.
* - Flightradar24 - tracks flights worldwide
* - Live Ukraine control map 1 - updates on the ground
* - Ukraine Control Map 2
* - Ship radar
* - Military vessel tracker
* - Institute for the Study of War (ISW)
* - Stopfake - Countering Russian propaganda about Ukraine
* - MilitaryLand - Maps

Youtube resources -
* - Speak the Truth
* - War in Ukraine
* - Artur Rehi - Estonain soldier
* - Daily Report

Social media resources -
* - Twitter - Jomini of the West - Battlefield Maps

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Flightradar24

* - HOMER41 - Boeing RC-135W Rivet Joint / USAF - Over Romania heading to patrol station
* - HKY145 - Lockheed C-130J-30 Super Hercules / USAF - Over Rzeszow Poland
* - NOCALLSIGN - Boeing P-8A Poseidon / UNKN - patrolling Baltic Sea
* - CL60 - Bombardier Challenger 650 / UNKN - over Poland near Ukraine border.
* - REBEL80 - Beech C-12U-3 Huron / US Army - Patrolling Lithuania-Poland
* - LN0310UA - drone / UNKN - over Baltic sea between Estonia-Finland

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 02:06 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 02:12 AM
link   

▪️Ukrainian UVA attacked Shakhtinsky oil refinery in the Rostov region in Russia: the resulting fire was contained.

▪️In the northern Kharkiv region Russian Armed Forces continue strikes on ZSU’s military infrastructure: facilities hit in Zolochiv, Chuhuiv and Staryi Saltiv.

▪️Russian Armed Forces completed the encirclement northeast of Popasna by taking Pidlisne, Ray-Oleksandrivka, Loskutivka and Ustynivka. Fighting started in the southern outskirts of Lysychans'k near Bila Hora. Lysychans'k industrial zone under shelling. Up to four ZSU battalions remain in Hirs'ke and Zolote: the soldiers demoralized and surrendering.

▪️Fierce fighting continues near Bilohorivka, Berestove and Mykolaivka. Russian Armed Forces fight on the outskirts of Vovchoyarivka, its liberation will allow to cut off ZSU’s supply route in Lysychans'k-Severodonetsk agglomeration. West of Popasna Wagner's PMC hold back ZSU’s units with fire preventing the counterattacks.

▪️ZSU continue shelling Donetsk residential areas and nearby cities.

▪️In Zaporizhzhia direction Russian artillery strikes continue hitting ZSU positions near Orikhiv and Hulyaipole. Ukrainian command transfers fresh units to the frontline planning an offensive on Vasylivka.

▪️Russian Armed Forces hit an oil terminal in Mykolaiv’s port with a missile strike and hit ZSU’s positions in Solyani neighborhood.

▪️Terrorist attack in Chornobaivka: a roadside bomb went off on the head of the local administration’s car route.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The southern operation by Ukraine, dealing with Kherson area, has been embargoed in terms of information.

edit on 23-6-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
* - EU currently providing Ukraine with long-rage artillery, tanks and MLRS, per @eu_eeas Amb Charles Fries at EUDFF22. "We have adapted our offers to the Ukrainian needs"

EU taking credit for some countries in the EU providing support for Ukraine. On the other page, the EU is still scrabbling around making excuses for why some EU countries are throwing billions into Russia's coffers, and the lesser reported efforts by Germany and France to persuade Ukraine to cede territory to Russia.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I think we all accept that in war, civilians are often victims. On the scale of what has been seen so far, I think the use of massed artillery, cluster munitions and dumb bombs by Russia have been on a different scale of destruction and civilian casualties.

The problem for Ukrainian forces is that Russian forces are on their territory, so shooting at Russians carries a risk. The Russian's have no such problems, because a dead Ukrainian is a dead Ukrainian, and depopulation is clearly part of their goal.

In Donetsk, where most civilians have long-departed due to Russian actions, the problem is compounded by the proxy Russian forces (aka the separatists), who are civilians fighting Ukraine. Recent reports indicate this group of Russian lackeys have suffered high losses.

top topics

<< 221  222  223    225  226  227 >>

join