It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 222
<< 219  220  221    223  224  225 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Reports that Ukraine has struck a Russian oil drilling rig in the Black Sea ( firm operating the rig is Chornomorneftegaz ).

ETA: Only seeing reports from apparently Russian sources so far (and duplicated reporting from India).

Nothing from Ukraine on this so far as I can tell.

Makes me wonder if this may be a false flag, when I see text like this on the 'net:

the strike of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on the towers of Chernomorneftegaz unleashed the hands of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation

(from scooptrade.com)

... as if Russia wasn't striking Ukrainian infrastructure daily in the war.

Guess the watchword on this one is, "stay tuned for updates".

Cheers
edit on 20-6-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Interesting that Lithuania is putting a squeeze on Russia's Kaliningrad Oblast by prohibiting the overland transport of sanctioned goods.

Government in Moscow is incensed and making threats, which seems to be the go-to solution for any foreign policy situation Russia faces.

Apparently the only rail link from Russia to K-grad runs through Lithuania.

Strangely,
Moscow doesn't care that its blockade of Ukraine's ports will impact food supply in many countries, but is very sensitive about its exposed outpost on the Baltic coast.

MOSCOW, June 20 (Reuters) - The Kremlin on Monday called Lithuania's decision to ban the transit of some goods to Russia's Kaliningrad region "unprecedented" and vowed to respond.

from www.reuters.com...

Map: OpenTopoMap

Cheers

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Ukraine’s Minister of Foreign Affairs has a plan to achieve victory for his nation. All it requires is the West creating and transferring over a full-scale army and air force-worth of heavy weapons.

The recent op-ed penned by Dmytro Kuleba demonstrates the two different conversations taking place among the West regarding Ukraine - one of pure fantasy and one regarding the stark reality of Ukraine needing to make concessions.

I bet some people won't be able to wait for their scheduled 2 minutes of hate.

Germany is already giving their MSM the go ahead to bring the masses in line with reality.

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

More false Russian Propoganda from Brian " Uncle Fester " Berletic.

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Ukrainian artillery blow up multiple Russian rocket launchers.

Ukraine shells Russian military Warehouse in Luhansk & captures Russian soldiers.

Ukraine missiles rain down on Russian tank column20

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JanAmosComenius

It was pointed out to me that you were referring to Czechoslovakia and not Ukraine.

My apologies.

edit on 20-6-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 07:19 PM
link   
A good overview of the issues Russia is having in their military.

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   

edit on 20-6-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Russian forces took control of the village of Toshkivka
Clashes between the AFU and Russian forces continue in the Azot plant in Severodonetsk city
Clashes between the AFU and Russian forces continue in Zolote
Clashes between the AFU and Russian forces continue in Ustynivka

southfront.org...

The AFU attacked Chornomorneftegaz oil platforms in the Black Sea. 12 personnel were on the platform. Five were rescued, three were injured and the rest are missing
Russia struck military assets of the AFU in the Artsiz airfield with high-precision missiles
Russia struck military assets of the AFU near Kurtimovka with high-precision missiles
Russia struck military assets of the AFU near Zaytsevo with high-precision missiles
Russia struck military assets of the AFU near Novgorodskoye with high-precision missiles
On June 19, 450 AFU members were killed and 29 military vehicles were destroyed by Russian forces, according to the Russian MOD
Russian air defense systems shot down 9 Ukrainian drones nearAlisovka in Kharkov region, Verkhnetoretskoye in the DPR, Grechishkino in the LPR, mound Mogila Kulicha, Tomina Balka and Chernobayevka in Kherson region
Russian air defense systems shot down 9 AFU Uragan multiple-launch rockets near Malaya Kamyshevakha and Dolgenkoye in Kharkov region, Makeyevka and Avdeyevka in the DPR

southfront.org...

Plumes of smoke were seen in Budyonnovsky, Kuibyshevsky, Leninsky, and Kalininsky districts, as they came under INTENSE shelling.
Attack aircraft was dispatched to find and destroy positions the AFU fired from.
At about 15:15, a missile was reported to be shot down over the city by air defense. However, despite counter-battery fire, artillery shells fired by the AFU explode in residential areas.
Video shows one of these hits near a house 6a on the street. Vanikov, micro-district Smolyanka.
Fragments at a residential building on Vinnikova Street in Donetsk from a crater more than 4 meters deep were identified as likely being a guided missile of the Western (NATO) type or MLRS.
Severodonetsk Hospital was shelled by Ukrainian artillery. A camera caught the moment of one of the hits while they were interviewing one of the senior members of the Hospital staff.
4 people were reported as injured, including a 10-year-old child.

t.me... HYPERLINK "https://t.me/UkraineHumanRightsAbuses/6195"6195
t.me... "https://t.me/EurasianChoice/15574"15574
t.me... "https://t.me/sputnik/6997"6997
t.me... "https://t.me/ZradaXXII/6029"6029
t.me... "https://t.me/sputnik/7019"7019
t.me... "https://t.me/ZradaXXII/6031"6031
t.me... "https://t.me/intelslava/31572"31572
t.me... "https://t.me/azmilitary11/7573"11HYPERLINK "https://t.me/azmilitary11/7573"/HYPERLINK "https://t.me/azmilitary11/7573"7573

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:38 AM
link   
20 June update

Key Takeaways

* Ukrainian sources stated that the coming week will be decisive for Russian forces to complete the capture of Severodonetsk and that Russian forces will focus troops and equipment on the area.

* Ukrainian sources confirmed that Russian forces control all of Severodonetsk with the exception of the Azot industrial zone, where fights are ongoing.

* Russian sources are likely setting information conditions to justify slow and unsuccessful advances towards Slovyansk from the southeast of Izyum and west of Lyman.

* Russian forces are likely intensifying operations to interdict Ukrainian lines of communication along the T1302 Bakhmut-Lysychansk highway in order to support escalating operations in Severodonetsk-Lysychansk.

* Russian forces continued to focus on resisting further Ukrainian advances north of Kharkiv City towards the international border.

* Russian forces are continuing defensive operations along the Southern Axis.

* Ukrainian partisan activity is continuing to complicate efforts by Russian occupation authorities to consolidate control of occupied areas.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 03:25 AM
link   
* - Explosions in Mykolaiv this morning

* - Russian army launched Kh-31A and Onyks missiles at Mykolaiv region, explosions also in Mykolaiv city

* - At Pivdenniy Buh direction, Russian forces attempting to repel Ukrainian offensive shelled Murakhivka, Topolyne, Bila Krynytsa and Maryine. Russian aviation conducted missile strikes near Ochakiv and Kutsuruba, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - At Kurakhove direction Russian aviation conducted airstrike near Sherbaky. Ukrainian military repelled Russian assault near Maryinka, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian artillery shelled Ocheretyne, Avdiivka, Kamianka, Netailove, Mykilske and Orikhove, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian aviation conducted airstrike near New York, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian artillery shelled Hrushuvakha, Virnopillia, Adamivka and Mazanivka. Russian aviation conducted airstrike at Bohorodychne, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - At Sloviansk direction near Bohorodychne and Dolyna Ukrainian military repelled Russian attacks, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian army shelled areas of Dmytrivka, Chuhuiv, Korobochkyne, Stara Hnylytsa and Bazaliivka in Kharkiv region, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - At Sieversky direction Russian army shelled Seredyna-Buda of Sumy region, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian army shelled Kharkiv during the day, damage to civilian infrastructure, including schools, also damage in Izyum, Chuhuiv, Kharkiv districts. 3 people killed, 7 wounded - head of regional administration

* - Russian Navy deployed 5 carries of cruise missiles in Black Sea, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian army shelled a school in Avdiivka overnight

* - Russian army shelled 2 villages of Zelenodolsk community of Dnipropetrovsk region

* - 7 unaccounted after missile strike at drilling rig in Black Sea. Fire is still raging, now close to the well

* - Russian troops shelled Lysychansk, at least 1 killed. Russian troops attempting to assault Bila Hora without success

* - The Prime Minister of Japan: Tokyo changed the policy of dealing with Moscow after its attack on Ukraine

* - Missile launch from Belgorod

* - Explosions reported in Kharkiv

* - At Pivdenniy Buh direction Russian army shelled Chervony Yar, Kalynivka, Topolyne and Zeleny Hai, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - At Avdiyivka, Kurakhivka, Nova Pavlivka and Zaporizhzhia directions Russian army shelled civilian infrastructure near Kamianka, Huliaipole, Avdiyivka, Vuhledar, Malynivka and Zaliznychne. Russian aviation conducted airstrikes at Mali Sherbaky, Maryinka, Vuhledar, Kostyantynivka and Novomykhailivka, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

Resources - Where most of the updates come from.
* - Flightradar24 - tracks flights worldwide
* - Live Ukraine control map 1 - updates on the ground
* - Ukraine Control Map 2
* - Ship radar
* - Military vessel tracker
* - Institute for the Study of War (ISW)
* - Stopfake - Countering Russian propaganda about Ukraine
* - MilitaryLand - Maps

Youtube resources -
* - Speak the Truth
* - War in Ukraine
* - Artur Rehi - Estonain soldier
* - Daily Report

Social media resources -
* - Twitter - Jomini of the West - Battlefield Maps

edit on 21-6-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Interesting there is (apparently) no Ukrainian official comment on the attack on the offshore oil platform that was claimed by the head of the occupation regime in Crimea.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Did they make official comments about those helicopter strikes earlier, for example? I feel like they just allow things to remain ambiguous sometimes.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Yeah, sometimes they don't say much about specific actions.

The oil platform strikes I wonder about, though. The pro-Russia sites leapt on that as if on cue.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I noticed that to however Russia claimed it was hit by Ukrainian forces so its a toss up on truth.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   
A week ago or so, the news was that Belarus was to stage training exercises on the border of Ukraine.

Wonder if the EU/Lithuanian squeeze on goods transport to/from Kaliningrad may kinda change that.

Same should be applied to Transnistria, and tell Moscow they can pound sand until they allow the Ukrainian grain harvest to be shipped out of the Black Sea without interference.

Since Moscow's propaganda troupe thinks blackmail and starvation are clever tools, they should understand they are vulnerable as well.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Kalingrad is an attempt for Putin to get around chip bans by bringing them through there. Russia has a huge tech problem they need microprocessors and no way to get them. This is why even their drones use western tech. It goes deeper as well the chip sets they use on rockets is supplied by the west.

This restrictions sets back Russia about 20 years when it comes to tech. The only hope they have is buying Chinese chip sets

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   
US Colonel and former State Senator, Richard H. Black

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Situation report from Ukrainian soldiers.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Ukraine now only has 19 Bushmasters, after one was taken out by the Russians in an attack near the village of Trypillia. Vitaly, who was close to the attack when it happened, says everyone survived.

“I was there, I saw that Bushmaster go in for the first time, bring the guys back and then go in a second time. And then it got hit,” Vitaly says.

Story

My takeaway from the article is Ukraine's desperate need for military equipment is the overriding factor. A period of training on the employment of Bushmaster vehicles might have dispelled the concept of employing them as an infantry fighting vehicle. But if that occurred, the Ukrainians won't make the same mistake twice and are learning lessons on the battlefield.

Also, I wonder if the article's author confused Soviet-era BMP troop carrier with the BTR family of vehicles. Lastly, providing troops with a comfortable means of transport ensures they arrive at their destination in a fit state to undertake assigned tasks.

top topics

<< 219  220  221    223  224  225 >>

join