It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 204
<< 201  202  203    205  206  207 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I am not going to do a bunch of searching for more but these two links should be sufficient.

Robert Dulmers

His story has been sanitized since his first reports but notice they are not to report on any missile attacks now until 12 hours later. Do you think that is different in the field? If so why?

Citing martial law, Ukraine president signs decree to combine national TV channels into one platform

www.reuters.com...

Their newspapers were already under government control and other had already been shut down.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Reminder....

This is the topic:

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

Let's please stick to UPDATING that topic.

Please keep Chit Chat to a minimum.
Use the Private Message system for private chatting.
Go after the ball not the player.

Do NOT feed the trolls!
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is it TROLLING, or just a difference of opinion????

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.
Ignoring this responsibility could include temporary POSTING BANS.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   
First pictures of a captured T64 in Ukraine.

Captured from Ukraine.

t.me...

Video of Kherson being bombed by Ukraine

t.me...

There have been a lot of videos and stories circulating of Kherson citizens applying for Russian citizenship in Kherson so now the whole populace is probably a valid target in the eyes of the Right sector types.

Map showing how close to closing the cauldron they are.

Right now everything in that gap should be in artillery range.
edit on 11-6-2022 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

No. Live reporting with no delay from the front with shells and mortars going off nearby.

Like I asked, do you have any proof of your claims?

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Like I asked, do you have any proof of your claims?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Live reporting? You are sure it wasn't prerecorded?

Do you have a link?

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Yes I'm sure. Now prove your claim. It's not for me to prove a negative.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Just Google. For instance:

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I see where this is going. Nice try.

I gave you two links. You have ignored them. I am not playing your game.

If you are not going to reciprocate with links to your claims we are done here.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Just Google. For instance:

www.theguardian.com...

That was not a live report from the field. What are you trying to pull here?

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Sorry, I have a life. I'm watching football so goodnight.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   

www.nknews.org...

Kremlin's response to South Korea sending arms to Ukraine could be Russia's de facto withdrawal from the North Korea sanctions regime and strengthening ties with Pyongyang. Seoul is likely aware of it and probably won't send armaments to Ukraine.

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   

www.nytimes.com...

DONETSK REGION, Ukraine — Nearly four months after Russia invaded, the Ukrainian military is running low on ammunition for its Soviet-era artillery and has not received enough supplies from its allies to keep the Russians at bay, Ukrainian officials and artillery officers in the field say.

The shortage has put Ukrainian troops at a growing disadvantage in the artillery-driven war of attrition in the country’s east, with Russia’s batteries now firing several times as many rounds as Ukraine’s. While the West is sending in weapons, they are not arriving fast enough or in sufficient numbers to make up for Ukraine’s dwindling arsenal.

The Western weapons, heavy, long-range artillery pieces and multiple-launch rocket systems, are more accurate and highly mobile, but it takes time to deploy them and train soldiers to use them. In the meantime, Ukraine is running out of ammunition for the older weapons.

On the front lines in Donbas, Ukrainian soldiers are being forced to conserve shells, and are often unable to return fire one for one.

I have said many times that the loss of the Armory in Balakleya near Kharkiv was a major issue but even I didn't realize how big of an issue it was.

The Balakleya Armory is the oldest and almost the largest armory in Europe which contained enough ordinance for the old USSR to fuel an ongoing war with Europe lasting several years.

I had thought that UA had at least moved a lot of that stockpile around the country but either those depots were destroyed or they failed to prepare. The Balakleya Armory was dug in and able to withstand a near hit by a nuke. I doubt their other depots had anything close to that protection.

This also means that Russia doesn't even need to touch its own stockpiles to fight this war.

Pentagon officials say that they have exhausted all efforts to scrounge up available Soviet and Russian weaponry and munitions for Ukrainian troops to use, after months of horse-trading with allies who were still using the old systems. A senior American military official acknowledged that the well had run dry, and said that Ukraine would likely need to depend on Western munitions systems to defend against Russia in the East.

They have lots of 155 rounds but few cannons that can use them. They are also receiving equipment that requires different ammunition. It is a mismatched army at this point where they have to scrounge for ammunition while Russia is able to constantly poor it on with no worry of running out.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Yeah Russia does need to touch its stockpiles.. They recently had to pull T-80's out of storage near Moscow in addition to the T-62's.

* - The Russian Army Is Running Out Of Tanks For The War In Ukraine. These 60-Year-Old T-62s Are Proof.

* - Russian forces in Ukraine set to be exhausted by January 2023

* - Putin Has a Problem: Could Russia Run Out of Weapons and Ammo?

* - Ukraine-Russia War: Sanctions shut down Russian SAM production plant - GUR

* - Russia Halts Tank Production Due to Supply Problems, Ukraine Claims

* - Russian Military Industry in Shambles: Massive Lay Offs, Low Wages, and Low Morale

In addition Russian state media talking heads have been bitching about the lack of arms / supplies hurting Russian forces in Ukraine. Top of their complaint is the fact the Russian economy has not been converted to a war time economy.

So yes, Russia does have several problems with their armed forces and yes Russia is running low / running out of equipment / arms / ammo. The massive amount of tanks Russia has in storage are not maintained well enough to be deployed to combat.

edit on 11-6-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

You have one link claiming that they are having problems with ammunition. It is some guy making the claim and then quoting a US official saying they were having problems with precision munitions.

The Armory which I have repeatedly mentioned and usually link to dates back to the days of the USSR.

It has tens of thousands of tons of ammunition in it.

So, they may be low on precision munitions. There is no evidence of that but it is possible. They are certainly not low on conventional munitions such as artillery which this war is all about. There were reports of closing the SAm sight but they said that about their tank factory which was false.

I didn't think that I gave the impression that I was talking about anything but munitions in my post. Considering that I was comparing their situation to how UA was running out of ammunition.

I will give it to you that they are pulling weapon systems from their stockpiles tho.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I saw the video for Balakleya Armory rusted shell casing with spent rounds littering the floor. Everything was rusted and one could only hope the Russians would try to use any ammunition from there as its likely to just blow up. Between the explosions that occurred there and the rust there didn't look like anything usable in that video I saw.

Or more correctly not sure i would want to as improper storage is very dangerous. By the way, they closed that in 2017 after a fire gutted and destroyed 70 percent of the ammunition stored. Truth is the fire was likely set to hide the fact they were sold to the DNR. This is why the Russian video was very selective but even with that you could tell shell casings were everywhere even in the isles and it was obviously abandoned.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Here i found the video notice the fire damage on the walls etc.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 09:39 PM
link   

edit on 11-6-2022 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 09:51 PM
link   
That video shows a staging area and two bunkers, The stacked shells were missing primers they may be spent and they are being stored in a place that isn't a bunker. That may have been the turn-in storage.

Also, a fire can take out a bunker, and if you are very unlucky something will explode and pierce another bunker setting it off. There is a reason ammo is sectioned and limits are placed on how much goes into each bunker.

Look up the place on google earth. You saw maybe three bunkers there and it is the second-largest ASP in Europe. I don't think you understand just how big that place is and how much it holds.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Again go look at the video even the isles are filled with trash that place was not in use

new topics

top topics

<< 201  202  203    205  206  207 >>

join