It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 203
<< 200  201  202    204  205  206 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I'll take his analysis/reporting within a very large grain of salt, maybe even a whole shakers worth...

Russia won’t invade because then Russia will be responsible for providing a total civil safety net including gas and electricity for Ukrainian people who otherwise can’t afford it....

In reality, the Russian army staged planned war games near the city of Yelnya, 160 miles (257 kilometers) from the Ukrainian border. You read that right, the Russian army was160 miles away from the Ukrainian border even though every major western publication made it sound like they were already in Kiev.

Ukraine lies about Russian attack being prepared to hide dying economy

Someone's lying that's for sure.

BTW Grim, ever watch the video I asked you about? I haven't seen any comments from you about it and I've gone back and read the thread since I posted that vid. I suppose I'll take that as a no then.

Not interested in discussing hard facts as opposed to just posting telegram propaganda vids I guess.

Sieviernodonestsk seems to be still holding, though I expect they will have to withdraw within a week unless they get some serious level of resupply. Russia will just keep throwing men at the city until Ukrainian loses force them to withdraw, imo anyway. The lack of concern for Russian AF personal by their higher ups is pretty well known and historically consistent.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I wouldn't read to much into it yet. It's not like Russia has any ability for force projection in Central America. It's just Ortega trying to look hardline.

In addition to Russia, Nicaragua will continue allowing presence of "forces, naval and air vessels" of Venezuela, Honduras, Guatemala, the Dominican Republic, Cuba, Mexico, El Salvador and the US. The permission is valid for the second half of 2022.

tass.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

I watched both videos. I didn't comment because you never asked me any particular question about it.

It was mostly focused on the financial aspects and his reasoning was solid as long as NATO follows his plan. What I mean is his predictions were contingent on NATO countries acting in certain ways and soaking up some financial damages.
I think that has already fallen apart because of some nations being exempted.

I did find the aspects about how they are artificially inflating the Rouble to be interesting. Another thing he didn't foresee was Russia further propping up the Rouble through the sale of rare earth elements.

It was still an interesting video.

Sieviernodonestsk has become a mini azovstal. The reports are there are around 300 civilians being held in the bomb shelter and they are trying to negotiate their release also the entire area was mined which they are slowly clearing.

edit on 11-6-2022 by Grimpachi because: grammar

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: GAOTU789
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I wouldn't read to much into it yet. It's not like Russia has any ability for force projection in Central America. It's just Ortega trying to look hardline.

In addition to Russia, Nicaragua will continue allowing presence of "forces, naval and air vessels" of Venezuela, Honduras, Guatemala, the Dominican Republic, Cuba, Mexico, El Salvador and the US. The permission is valid for the second half of 2022.

tass.com...

well dont look for honest reporting from him. he said he is biased in another thread. At least the OP tries to play fair in the reporting.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Clashes between the AFU and Russian forces continue near Bohorodychne;
Russian forces took control of Severodonetsk Airport;
Russian forces took control of the village of Pryshyb;
Clashes between the AFU and Russian forces continue in the Azot plant and nearby districts in Severodonetsk city;
Russian forces secured the area of Church of Saint George;
The DPR command announced the beginning of the battle for the city of Slavyansk;
Clashes between the AFU and Russian forces continue along the Bakhmut-Lisichansk road.

southfront.org...

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   

"Ukrainian troops are suffering massive losses as they are outgunned 20 to one in artillery and 40 to one in ammunition by Russian forces, according to new intelligence painting a bleak picture of the conflict on the frontline.

A report by Ukrainian and Western intelligence officials also reveals that the Ukrainians are facing huge difficulties responding to Russians shelling with their artillery restricted to a range of 25 kilometers, while the enemy can strike from 12 times that distance."

The article goes on about struggles with desertion with up to a hundred soldiers being killed a day. It is having “a seriously demoralizing effect on Ukrainian forces as well as a very real material effect; cases of desertion are growing every week”
"The total number of Russian soldiers being held by Ukraine has fallen to 550 from 900 in April after a series of exchanges. Moscow meanwhile has more than 5,600 Ukrainian troops in captivity..."

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Ukrainian armed formations, in violation of the norms and principles of international humanitarian law, continue to deliberately use medical infrastructure for military purposes. At the same time, the nationalists, using civilians as "human shields", are systematically shelling Russian units, provoking the Russian Armed Forces to retaliate in order to further accuse them of killing civilians and targeting civilian targets indiscriminately.

▫️The Russian Federation's Joint Co-ordination Headquarters for Humanitarian Response continues to record such criminal actions by the Kyiv regime:

in Kharkov, a hospital building (Igor Muratov Street) has firing points on the upper floors and an ammunition depot in the basement, with medical staff and patients forcibly detained on the premises;

in Chasov Yar, Donetsk People's Republic, wounded Ukrainian nationalist fighters are housed in the buildings of city hospital No 3 (Pirogova Street). Civilians, including the seriously ill, have been forced to leave the medical facility under threat of reprisals, and AFU units have equipped roadblocks and firing points at all approaches to the polyclinic;
in Odessa, nationalists have equipped a stronghold in the building of Hospital No 9 (Pastera Street), with armored vehicles and artillery placed in the surrounding area;

in Kramatorsk, Donetsk People's Republic, a stronghold has been placed in Children's Polyclinic No. 3 (Geroev Ukrainy Street), approaches to the building have been mined and polyclinic staff and patients, including children, are forcibly detained in the basement.

These and other similar facts, despite our repeated statements, have to date been ignored by the World Health Organisation.

Once again, we call on all international organizations, especially the World Health Organisation, to influence official Kyiv and take effective measures to prevent the use of medical infrastructure for military purposes.

More at Statement of the Joint Coordination Headquarters for Humanitarian Response (May 31, 2022)

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Kyiv now openly admits it is losing up to 200 troops every day in the battle for the Donbas, a Ukrainian presidential aide says

Ukraine is losing from 100 to 200 troops daily in the battle for the Donbas against Russia, and its allies in the Lugansk (LPR) and Donetsk People's Republics (DPR), Mikhail Podolyak, an aide to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, told the BBC on Thursday.

The numbers are higher than earlier figures acknowledged by Kyiv.

Just over a week ago, President Zelensky said that from 60-100 Ukrainian soldiers were being killed in the Donbas on a daily basis, with another 500 injured.

The new figure roughly doubles that acknowledged casualty stats.

Such high numbers of military casualties are the result of a “complete lack of parity” between forces in the Donbas, Podolyak explained.

So far the US has only approved the delivery of four High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS) to Ukraine, while the UK promised to add an unspecified number of US-made M270 launchers.

Ukrainian Defense Minister, Alexey Reznikov also spoke about the country’s military losses on Thursday, but his figures were half those claimed by Podolyak.

“Every day we have up to 100 of our soldiers killed and up to 500 wounded,” Reznikov wrote on Facebook.

“The situation on the front lines is difficult” as the Russian military “continues to press by sheer mass,” he added.

t.me...

(post by Grimpachi removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

www.theguardian.com...

Ukrainian casualties are running at a rate of somewhere between 6oo and 1,000 a day. One presidential adviser, Oleksiy Arestovych, told the Guardian this week it was 150 killed and 800 wounded daily; another, Mykhaylo Podolyak, told the BBC that 100 to 200 Ukrainian troops a day were being killed.

But, people here keep saying they are winning. What a conundrum.

Video of relatives of the deceased Ukrainian soldier, following the "funeral", was sent a summons to the front.
t.me...

💢 Donbass offensive: situation in eastern Ukraine as at 12:00 a.m. on June 11, 2022

▪️ In Kharkiv region, the Ukrainian Armed Forces continue to accumulate forces and prepare for a counterattack.
➖ In the Izyum direction, the enemy is trying to cross Seversky Donetsk from the direction of Chepel, Protopovka and Petrovsky, which is actively hindered by Russian sabotage and reconnaissance groups. The artillery of the Russian Armed Forces is striking at the crossing points.
➖The Ukrainian grouping in Pervomaisk was reinforced with personnel and equipment ahead of a possible attack on Balakleya.
➖The Russian Armed Forces pushed back the AFU from Ternova, partially levelling the front line in the north of the region.
➖ In preparation for a new counterattack, the Ukrainian command carried out a rotation in Stary Saltov, also sending a group of foreign mercenaries there.
➖ A strike was carried out against one of the Kharkiv factories that repaired AFU armored vehicles.

▪️There have been no significant changes in Donbass over the past 24 hours: the allied forces continue to build on the successes achieved over the week.
➖ After occupying the strategic height of Prishib near Sviatogorsk, the Russian Armed Forces are conducting an offensive in the direction of Sidorovo. Fighting continues for Bogorodichnoye and the forests near Krasnopolye. The AFU has an acute shortage of personnel in this area
➖After clearing Kamyshevakha to the south of Popasna, the allied forces are advancing towards Vrubovka, continuing to encircle the enemy in Gorske and Zolote. There is continuous artillery fire at the positions of the 24th AFU Brigade.
➖ Units of the 57th Brigade were rotated in the area southeast of Myrna Dolina.
➖ Fierce fighting is taking place to the west of Popasna for Roty and the village of Pokrovskoye. Fighting continues for Novoluganskoye.
➖ In Severodonetsk, the private sector and forests near Frunze Street are being cleared. Fighting for Borovskoye is going on.
➖ The Ukrainian Armed Forces transferred reinforcements to the 10th Brigade and the 30th Brigade, defending their positions in the Horlivka direction.
➖ Position battles are taking place to the south and east of Avdeevka. The DNR PM continues to fight for the southern outskirts of New York.

▪️The artillery preparations of the sides continue in the Krivoy Rog direction.
➖ Russian artillery destroyed the command post of the 60th Brigade of the AFU in Velyka Kostromka.

▪️ In Zaporizhzhia region, the Russian Armed Forces attacked a concentration of enemy troops in Orekhovo.

t.me...

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I don't post full time.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

There is a difference. Russians only have state sponsored propaganda fed to them. Any dissent is punished. Protests are not allowed and protesters get arrested.

Here in the West we have multiple independent press and media sources providing actual news. Often from correspondents who are actually there.

I know what I prefer.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

There is a difference huh?

You must not be aware that any information coming out of Ukraine from on-the-ground reporters must first be approved by Zelenskys regime.

Zelensky has nationalized all news outlets in Ukraine.

Some reporters have been expelled after being detained for reporting on events without prior authorization and filtering.

Where is the difference?

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   

There is a difference. Russians only have state sponsored propaganda fed to them.

There is no difference in the west.

I will only agree with you to the point where dissonance outside of russia approved propaganda is met with much harsher penalties.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   

300-400 Ukrainian soldiers are blocked at the Azot plant in Severodonetsk-LPR ambassador to Russia

Ukrainian militants, who have settled at the Azot plant in Severodonetsk, demand to be released to the neighboring city of Lysychansk with hostages from among local residents, law enforcement agencies reported.

Now there are more than a thousand civilians in Azot's bomb shelters, including plant workers, their families, and residents of neighboring neighborhoods.

t.me...

It has turned into another Azovstal

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

"You must not be aware that any information coming out of Ukraine from on-the-ground reporters must first be approved by Zelenskys regime."

Do you have any proof of that?

How come there is plenty of actual live reporting?

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Do you mean aside from the western reporters that were kicked out and reported on it?

The question I have is why don't you already know about it?

Are you asking about how all their media was nationalized?

Both those things were documented by western sources months ago.

As for your live reports. You certainly aren't talking about from the field. Live broadcasts from the field is a quick way to get dead.

Maybe you are talking about live reports in safe areas where the reporter is following a script and there is a time delay or it is prerecorded and filtered by the media conglomerate headquarters who get it approved through multiple sources before airing.

The only true live reporting or the closest thing to it is done by guys with a mobile phone posting it when they get cell service.

new topics

top topics

<< 200  201  202    204  205  206 >>

join