It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 192
<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Sthrndream

I did serve a 4 year tour from the end of the first gulf war into peacetime. ETSed traveled the world a bit then reenlisted and reclassed. I lost sight in my right eye from shrapnel. Spent months rehabbing with dozens of surgeries in the following years.

Maybe you can keep your presumptions to yourself and stick to what is presented regarding the topic. I am not the topic.

I understand if you disagree with what is being posted. I understand if you want to ignore evidence coming from both sides of the conflict that doesn't fit what you have been told.

As for drawing them into a trap? I also saw Oleksiy Arestovych make that claim on video. If you wish to believe what he said then I have no problem with that.

However, I will point out something else Arestovych has publicly stated.

h ttps://files.catbox.moe/nbb1j4.mp4

Remove the space from (h ttps)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I have doubts the Russians will fall for it twice. However they have the perfect spot to stop further advances. You know Ukraine is setting up a meat grinder how many people is Putin going to send there to die?

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Well the 2 fake Republics have started forced conscription/forced mobilization and I doubt the Russians are going to train those conscripts so my guess is Putin doesn't care how many are killed so long as Putin gets what he wants. Manpower is one thing Putin has not figured out yet and the Ukrainians tactic to cause as many casualties as possible for Russia seems to be working.

Iran announced a couple days ago that Iran will not replace Russian forces in Syria. so im getting the impression that Putin's ally's in Iran and Syria are about to be #ed over.
edit on 6-6-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

FWIW, Wikipedia mentions this may be "name confusion" since both have the same given name.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Your post just validated my stated observation, your inability to put context into posts and just report babble solidifies your intellectual acumen. I'm sorry what happened to you in your career, and I can imagine the hardship it presents, however that has nothing to do with my observation.

Let me be clear.....if you would put some thought into what you post and not try to be a news source for telegram, you would gain some credibility. I can't help you see this as an attack. I'm asking you to continue to learn. I will refrain from addressing you from this point forward.

Xcathdra puts his calculus into his reporting of posts. Learn from him!

Cheers

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Everything I am seeing is the General that was killed was Maj Gen Roman Kutuzov. I have not seen anything about another General being killed but I guess anythings possible.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Putin seems to have gone the "DIRTY DOZEN" route and is emptying the jails for new cannon fodder

Doubt these "recruits" will be given much in the way of training or will be or use in the front lines

May simply use them in rear areas of recently captured Ukrainian territory to release regular units for the front

Here can apply their skills for rape, murder, pillage

Considering reports of partisan activity in captured Ukrainian territory will be interesting to see what happens

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I think another point of confusion is that Kutuzov was chief of staff of the 29th Army, and the "other Roman" had at one point in his career commanded the 29th Army.

Sounds like the 35th Army got ground up pretty hard; wonder if the same happened to the 29th.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Pertaining to the Southern Axis:

Why the offensive on Kherson is so difficult in two maps:

The first map displays the amount of forests. Everything in white is wheat fields with no trees for camouflage. The yellow and brown areas are compact areas of terrain consisting of shrubs and conifer trees.

The second map is elevation. Combine the two and you can surmise the difficulty in Ukraine achieving their tactical and operational goals.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Scraping the bottom of the barrel Putin is. As for Partisans / resistance its already occurring, and on a much larger scale than I thought. In the South Russia is having issues in Kherson, which is tying up a decent number of Russians just to remain in control of the city. In the northeast / east several Ukrainian towns "behind enemy lines" are causing issues for Russians.

Ukraine's army is larger now then when this all started because of conscription but unlike Russia they are being trained before deployment,. Ukrainian forces are still being trained by some NATO members outside of Ukraine. Ukrainian forces have already been slotted and are currently being trained to use the new artillery systems (HIMARS etc).

So far -

A new package of U.S. military aid to Ukraine that includes HIMARS multiple rocket launcher systems and ammunition for them was confirmed by U.S. President Joe Biden on June 1.

The Pentagon said that the 11th aid package to Ukraine, worth $700 million, includes:

High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems and ammunition;

Five counter-artillery radars;

Two air surveillance radars;

1,000 Javelin anti-tank missiles and 50 Command Launch Units;

6,000 anti-armor weapons;

15,000 155mm artillery rounds;

Four Mi-17 helicopters;

15 tactical vehicles;

Spare parts and equipment.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I am curious how long it would take Russia to reconstitute their "elite forces" that have been destroyed thus far. Some estimates I have seen is 5-10 years and thats to get the forces trained up and competent in battle situations where they would be useful instead of warm body syndrome. Given the number of Elite Russian forces that have been RIF'd one has to call Russian training out as it appears their is a disconnect somewhere in what is being taught/trained and the actual usage of that training.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I'm sure sop training is going on in Poland as well. With the inability of russians to adapt on the ground special operations can have a field day behind enemy lines.

This is why they can't seem to hold an area once they claim to have secured it. Ukrainians move in clear the area and leave just attempting to cause casualties

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sthrndream

It looks like the issues Russia is having in taking Sievierodonetsk. Namely the city just across the river, Lysychans'k. That city occupies the high ground (its been discussed on Speak the Truth videos). It gives a commanding view of Sievierodonetsk and is an excellent spot for artillery. If Russia wants to take that second city its going to cost them a large number of men and resources.

Also from what I am seeing Putin once again set a deadline to take Sievierodonetsk - June 10th.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I was browsing one of T. N. Dupuy's works today in which he mentioned the method of troop insertion affects casualty rates, and that is particularly true for airborne drops and air assaults.

I thought Russia had several airborne divisions still, but may be wrong. Wikipedia mentions three airborne divisions as part of the invading force; I think the 76th Division has been mentioned as having significant losses.

Sounds like most of the divisions are committed except the "7th Guards Mountain Air Assault Division". All three of the air assault brigades are in Ukraine.

Not a good show for the "elite" troops.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

One would think the Russian Generals would take that into account but for it to keep happening over and over demonstrates a larger problem with the officer corp in the Russian armed forces. The only reason was able to make incremental gains in the East is because:

A - they are pouring all their reserves into that area.
B - The Russian army and the Air force are attempting to coordinate there attacks.

Since the General that Putin appointed has since been removed from command we will see if that cooperation continues. The General that was relieved was responsible for forcing the army and air force to coordinate.

The Russian officers and their actions reminds me of WW2. Stalin never played favorites with his Generals, instead playing them against each other to see who could get Stalin's favor by accomplishing the goal over the other Generals. That cost Russia a lot of men during WW2 and it seems to be doing the same in Ukraine today.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   

This war, for all of its modern armaments and equipment, is replete with themes and aspects of past wars.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

This war, for all of its modern armaments and equipment, is replete with themes and aspects of past wars.

Cheers

Reminds me of a quote from Albert Einstein:

“I know not with what weapons WW3 will be fought, But WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones.”

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Elite troops are designed for rapid operations which require surprise and their specialized training and tactics

When misused as regular infantry will often suffer heavy casualties as lack the artillery and armored backup of regular units

They are configured for mobility and airdropping/landing operations so dont have the capacity to bring much
heavy firepower with them

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:43 PM
link   
‼️🇷🇺Confirmation came from the front:

On the evening of June 6, the Russian army defeated UA forces in the southern part of Svyatogorsk.

Remnants of the UA forces surrendered or fled, and the surrounding area is being searched.

The bridge was destroyed the day before to prevent an organized retreat through Seversky Donetsk.

Part of the panicked military fled trying to swim the river, there are reports of some who drowned.

southfront.org...

twitter.com...

t.me...

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:06 PM
link   
* - Russian forces continued combat in northwestern Kherson Oblast along the Kherson-Mykolaiv Oblast border near Vysokopillya and Kochubeivka but did not secure any confirmed advances in this area on June 6.

top topics

<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join