It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 191
<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
* - Bulgaria, N. Macedonia & Montenegro - The 3 countries have just confirmed Sergei Lavrov's plane is not welcome in their airspace. This could stop him visiting Serbia tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
twitter.com... first confirmed sightings of t62s with improvised anti missile cages so they finally deployed the dinosaur tanks

retired generals "field commander" assessment of the battle so far pretty decent read but semi long threadreaderapp.com...

twitter.com... another dead general

General Roman Kutuzov

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Kutuzov’s death comes as Russian forces turn their attention back to Kyiv after weeks of relative calm in the country’s capital. The front lines of the war had shifted east to the Russia-friendly confines of the Donbas region. However, war returned to Kyiv on Sunday, Mayor Vitali Klitschko said. Later reports included accusations of Russian missiles flying “critically low” over a nuclear power plant. “The Russians still do not understand that even the slightest fragment of a rocket that enters a working power unit can cause a nuclear catastrophe,” wrote Energoatom, Ukraine’s state nuclear power company, in a statement Sunday on Telegram.
more info on the russian generals death and the fact that they are apparently still flying missiles over frigging nuclear power plants

wartranslated.com... an estonian whos been following the war and gathering data from various sources stating how the view on the war is changing opinion wise in russia

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

twitter.com... first confirmed sightings of t62s with improvised anti missile cages so they finally deployed the dinosaur tanks

So the canvas tops are now improvised anti missile cages?

Looks a lot like a sunshade to me.

Why does the picture look like it was taken from another tank? The twitter link doesn't say where he got the photos.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   
A real look at trench warfare shown from a close flying drone.
t.me...

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

PLEASE tell me you didnt just say they added a sunshade to a tank????? Maybe they should add some rims maybe add some lights for ground effect. So i guess your claim is Russians are starting to pimp out their ride? wow, I hope you are wrong because if it's true, the tank crew won't last a day in combat. Their sun shade reduces commander visibility so if its purpose is to block the sun they are really stupid. What happened it looks like they added a steel cage to try to improve their survivability after all they are in an old soviet tank deployed out of desperation.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

That is canvas and flat in case you didn't look closely. Field of vision? If they need to look up they are already screwed. I don't even see the modernized armor packages on them like the ones sent to Syria.

It would be suicide to send those into combat no matter what they weld around it. At best those things could be used as mobile artillery on the modern battlefield. Maybe they would do that after capturing Balakleya armory. There is probably a couple thousand tons of 115mm ordinance in there. As far as I know, Ru doesn't have anything new that uses 115mm rounds.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 12:16 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 12:34 AM
link   
* - Russian troops shelling Kharkiv

* - U.S. supply of Ukraine with MLRS does not change calculus, Ukraine had missiles with such range before - Putin

* - 2 Russian missiles were shot down over Mykolaiv region

* - During the day, six people were injured in Kharkiv region - in Chuhuiv, Chuhuiv district and Balaklia, - the head of the Kharkiv Regional State Administration Oleh Sinehubov

* - Images of cruise missiles filmed by CCTV at South Ukraine Nuclear Plant

* - Russian army shelled Korotych airfield in Kharkiv region

* - Yesterday, Russian troops in the city of Guliapole killed a senior woman in artillery strike. The Russian army used MLRS on civilian infrastructure and residential houses in the Orikhiv and Guliaipole districts and in the settlements of Kamyanske, Orikhiv, Malynivka, Olhivske, Zelene Pole, Temyrivka, Novopil, Novosilka, Huliaivka, Chervone, Vremivka , Novodanylivka, Zaliznychne, Yurkivka, Mala Tokmachka, Bilohiria. The Russian Su-25 plane conducted airstrike near the village Kamyanske.

* - 1 person killed as result of shelling of Preobrazhenka village near Orikhiv, 2 more wounded

* - Damage to civilian property in Velyka Kostromka and Mala Kostromka in Zelenodolsk community of Dnipropetrovsk region as result of Russian shelling

* - Widespread damage in Tatyanivka and Sviatohirsk as result of Russian shelling

* - Russian army destroyed humanitarian aid distribution center in Lysychansk with 30 hits

* - At Mykolaiv direction Russian army attempted to capture lost positions near Sukhy Stavok and Lozove, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - At Sieverodonetsk direction Russian army with support of artillery conducting assault actions in Sieverodonetsk. Eastern part of the city under Russian control. Russian army attempting to conduct offensive at Nyrkove-Mykolaivka - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - At Lyman direction Russian army conducting offensive towards Sviatohirsk, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - At Sloviansk direction Russian army conducting offensive At Dovhenke-Dolyna and Brazhkivka-Virnopillia, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian army shelled 32 cities in eastern Ukraine, damaged 81 civilian objects, including 75 residential houses

* - Russian army used phosphorous ammunition at Cherkaski Tyshky, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report* - Russian army shelled Starykove and Katerynivka of Sumy region and Kamianska Sloboda of Chernihiv region, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian cruise missile was shot down over Obukhiv district of Kyiv region this morning

* - Russian Caliber cruise missile overflew South Ukraine Nuclear Power Plant on critical low altitude - Energoatom

* - Combar readiness check in Belarus extended until 11th June - General Staff

* - Russian missile strikes at railway infrastructure objects in Darnitsa and Dniprovsky districts of Kyiv

As a reminder

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

Resources - Where most of the updates come from.
* - Flightradar24 - tracks flights worldwide
* - Live Ukraine control map 1 - updates on the ground
* - Ukraine Control Map 2
* - Ship radar
* - Military vessel tracker
* - Institute for the Study of War (ISW)
* - Stopfake - Countering Russian propaganda about Ukraine
* - MilitaryLand - Maps

Youtube resources -
* - Speak the Truth
* - War in Ukraine
* - Artur Rehi - Estonain soldier
* - Daily Report

Social media resources -
* - Twitter - Jomini of the West - Battlefield Maps

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 12:50 AM
link   
* - Russian General Roman Kutuzov reportedly killed in Ukraine (13th General killed).

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

I think the Russian state doesn't care if a nuclear catastrophe occurs. They have have gone full nihilist.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 01:27 AM
link   
5 June update

Key Takeaways

* Ukrainian counterattacks in Severodonetsk recaptured large parts of the city and forced Russian troops out of the southern suburbs of the city.

* Russian forces continued efforts to converge on Slovyansk from the southeast of Izyum and west of Lyman but remain unlikely to make notable advances around Slovyansk due to their continued prioritization of Severodonetsk.

* Ukrainian troops reportedly conducted limited and localized counterattacks north of Kharkiv City.

* Russian forces continued to hold their defensive lines and fire at Ukrainian positions along the Southern Axis.

* Ukrainian forces likely killed Russian Major General Roman Kutuzov near Popasna.

Ukrainian forces reportedly killed Russian Major General Roman Kutuzov on June 5. Russian Telegram channels reported that Kutuzov was killed near Mykolaivka, Luhansk Oblast (near Popasna) on June 5. Kutuzov likely commanded the Donetsk People’s Republic’s 1st Army Corps at the time of his death, though ISW cannot confirm his exact position.

More at URL above.

Cheers
edit on 6-6-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

UK supplying Long Range Missiles to Ukraine.

The UK is sending its first long-range missiles to Ukraine, the defence secretary has said, despite a threat from Russia to the West. Ben Wallace said the M270 multiple-launch rocket system will help Ukraine defend itself against Russia.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

To bad Biden doesn't have a set to do what's right.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Reports are that Russia has lost 2 generals .....

Maj Gen Roman Kutuzov

Lt Gen Roman Berdnikov

www.dailymail.co.uk...

IIRC there is line from DIRTY DOZEN uttered by Wladislaw (Charles Bronson)

"I could used to killing Generals "

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
* - Russian General Roman Kutuzov reportedly killed in Ukraine (13th General killed).

Next in line will be General Electric.

Shocking.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   

[Forwarded from Slavyangrad]
There was neither retreat, nor counterattack. The Allied forces have been steadily attacking the remaining positions of the Ukrainian forces in the industrial area of Severodonetsk. The Ukrainians never made it out of there. This feint/trap/retreat/counterattack narrative is part of Ukrainian propaganda mythology.

t.me...

[ Photo ]
Geolocated evidence shows that Ukrainian units are actually trying to flee the city

t.me...

[Forwarded from Donbass Devushka (Scott)]
[ Video ]
Ukrainian “armoured column” moving through the industrial area of severodonetsk. Civilian vehicles being used that close to the front is not a great idea.

t.me...

Sergei Gaidai, the head of the Ukrainian administration of the territories of the Lugansk People's Republic occupied by Ukraine has now confirmed that the Ukrainian army in Severodonetsk controls only the industrial zone of the city.

All residential areas are under the control of the Russian Armed Forces.

Everyone—from Strelkov to the NATO trolls—can now relax with their “confirmed reports” of the Ukrainian troops capturing territory in Severodonetsk. These reports were always a lie—just as we have been reporting here, on Slavyangrad, for the past five days.

t.me...

Below is from a Ukrainian Journalist

[ Video ]
⚡️ Recent footage from Severodonetsk, where fierce battles unfolded quite recently, the aftermath can be seen on video.

Now the city is 70% under the control of the Russian-led forces, the Ukrainian militants have retreated to the industrial zone on the outskirts of the city. Driving them out of there is only a matter of time.

t.me...

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This tit for tat on Severodonetsk by Russian trolls on this thread: Those that have fought in a war before know the strategy, If you have served and unable to recognize the strategy, I'd recommend educating yourself on the strategic goals, operational goals and tactical goals.

The strategic goal is to defeat the enemy from occupied spaces, i.e. Ukraine.

The operational goal is to fight the enemy with smaller groups due to a smaller Ukrainian army than Russia.

As a result of a large influx of LNR troops into the city of Severodonetsk, Ukraine has given up some of the recaptured territory in order to draw the enemy into kill zones yet again (Tactical Goal).

The fighting for the city continues, house by house, street by street.

Again this is a battle of battles......this will endure for quite some time!

Grimpachi, I read where you served, but obviously it was a 2 or 4 year stint....much have you to learn. I would enjoy hearing you more if you put more thought into what you post from a God's eye view and not just repeats from Telegram.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

[ Video ]
⚡️ Recent footage from Severodonetsk, where fierce battles unfolded quite recently, the aftermath can be seen on video.

Now the city is 70% under the control of the Russian-led forces, the Ukrainian militants have retreated to the industrial zone on the outskirts of the city. Driving them out of there is only a matter of time.

Russia already claimed a few days ago they have taken the city and are in full control of it? They also said Ukrainian forces retreated from the city.

So was Russia lying then or is Russia lying now?

edit on 6-6-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Meanwhile:

www.standard.co.uk...

top topics

<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join