It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 189
<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yeah.
What I meant was, how much does Russian popular opinion have to do with Putin?

Popular opinion got us out of Viet Nam, eventually. But that was a long time ago.
jqXXWMqD890

It would take rioting in the streets snd with the stranglehold he has on the population he has nothing to fear. He just has to worry about another assassination attempt.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Battle for Severodonetsk: the situation towards the end of June 4, 2022

▪️While individual units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and Troops are leaving Severodonetsk, retreating in small groups to the high bank of the Seversky Donets in Lisichansk, reinforcements from foreign mercenaries and nationalists are being transferred to the city.

▪️The counterattack of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the direction of Metelkino from the industrial zone, the purpose of which was to prevent the creation of a cauldron for the units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine holding Borovskoye, was personally organized and led by the deputy from the Servant of the People party Maryana Bezuglaya, one of the main pro-American functionaries in the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

Maryana arrived in the city with a unit of foreign mercenaries: by joint efforts, they managed to keep the defense of Severodonetsk from disintegrating and prevent the encirclement of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in Borovskoye.

During the counterattack, the units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine suffered significant losses, but apparently, the Ukrainian subunits managed to oust the RF Armed Forces from the western outskirts of Sirotino and from the village of Lesnaya Dacha, after which the counteroffensive bogged down.

The reports of the Ukrainian side about the occupation of Metelkino do not correspond to reality.

▪️In the city itself, territorial control has not changed. The Armed Forces of Ukraine retain residential development in the administration area, to the south of Gvardeisky Prospekt, and the territory of the Azot plant. The rest of the city is controlled by allied forces.
/exnews]
map

t.me...

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkstar2

Found it:
www.reddit.com...

Location claimed was Vasylenkov, Kharkiv

Checking goggle it seems to look like at 49.7651862,37.0333496
edit on SatpmSat, 04 Jun 2022 18:12:17 -0500k1730pmSat, 04 Jun 2022 18:12:17 -05002 by Darkstar2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Realising the impossibility to continue resisting and holding the industrial area in Severodonetsk, the authorities in Kiev have ordered the combined tactical group to plant saltpetre and nitric acid tanks of a volume above 100 tonnes at Azot entity located in Severodonetsk.

Are Russians just stupid? Seriously they are surprised citric acid is found at a fertilizer plant? Most potassium nitrate is produced using a chemical reaction of nitric acid and potassium salts. so again does Russia not understand basic chemistry?

Just so you know this would cause little effect on the local population however it could be used for rocket fuel or to make explosives like nitroglycerin. wasting it or burying it in tanks is well stupid

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I wonder who is stupid in this case.

t.me...

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I wonder who is stupid in this case.

t.me...

And it dissipates and nothing happened by the way that was like 2 weeks ago I saw that. And again nothing happened basic chemistry. So the answer is you for believing anything Russia puts out. Even if its incredibly stupid
edit on 6/4/22 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Are you claiming it is perfectly fine to be caught in that cloud and inhale that mess?

If it would have no effect then why did they blow it up?

Oh, I believe that was last week. It is probably the 5th one I have seen blown up since the beginning of the war.
edit on 4-6-2022 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   
twitter.com... updated combat map for SEVERODONETSK seems the Ukranians are continuing to push russian forces further back

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Are you claiming it is perfectly fine to be caught in that cloud and inhale that mess?

If it would have no effect then why did they blow it up?

Ok will go with a chemistry lesson if you are really interested. First nitric acid isn't flammable won't burn unless you add something to it. Now it will produce vapors which you wouldn't want to breathe but here's the problem it quickly dissipates into the atmosphere meaning it has no long term effects other than burning the local trees from acid. But here's the catch it wouldn't prevent anyone from entering the area that's just stupid snd the area of effect would be to small to be useful in any combat scenario.

And to remove it just takes either rain or a sunny day Nitric acid is subject to thermal or light decomposition. So please explain why they would waste their time burying this as some sort of weapon when the only thing you don't want to do is be nea the tank so you don't inhale it until it dissipates. About 100 meters are you will be fine.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Where are you coming up with they buried the tank?

Did you think plant meant bury instead of place?

You do understand that info coming from the Russian side is being translated from Russian right? You have taken such a thing into account when reading updates, yes?

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkstar2
a reply to: Darkstar2

Found it:
www.reddit.com...

Location claimed was Vasylenkov, Kharkiv

Checking goggle it seems to look like at 49.7651862,37.0333496

False information I suspected It was thanks for answering my question.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   

On April 16, a DPR officer was contacted by some people who offered him cooperation in exchange for cooperation.

What does that even mean?

How come you never post about Russian losses?
Going by your posts Russia hasn't suffered any losses, it's only Ukraine soldiers dying or Ukraine equipment being destroyed or the "liberation" of Ukrainian territory by the Russian armed forces.

Your poster boy Putin isn't the great leader you think he is.
He seriously underestimated the resolve of the Ukrainian people and the support that the people of the free world have given to Ukraine.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: nolabel

How come you never post about Russian losses?

Why do you need me to post about Russian losses? Do you ask the same of those that never post about Ukraine losses?

Do you only read my posts and no one else's?

Your poster boy Putin isn't the great leader you think he is.

Ad hominem, classy.

He seriously underestimated the resolve of the Ukrainian people and the support that the people of the free world have given to Ukraine.

Maybe, maybe not. It is not my problem. Higher gas and food prices are my problem.

edit on 4-6-2022 by Grimpachi because: grammar

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 08:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Zelensky's advisor Arestovich had already stated that they will attack Crimea with US missiles.

twitter.com...

If it happens I wonder what Russia's response will be.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Who cares? It's Russia.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The translations always seem sort of disjointed. Are the interpreters just bad or is that how the language works?

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Nice to see you back Phage did you enjoy your holiday?

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 10:08 PM
link   

top topics

<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join