It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 194
<< 191  192  193    195  196  197 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Which objective is that since Putin has a rotating list that changes every day.

I have stated them in this very thread at least a couple of times. Go back and look if you want but we both know you will reject them for what MSM told you.

and No. I am calling out Russian propaganda because Russia is lying about whats going on.

You are trying to gatekeep is what you are doing. You have no idea what is the lie or what is the truth and if you did that means you have purposely posted lies on here. You can't have it both ways. You are not an authority on these matters. You don't have inside information you just can't stand that info you don't like keeps being posted.

too bad.

Despite pledges of tanks, artillery and — this week — U.S. rocket systems capable of hitting enemy Russian targets as far as 500 kilometres away, the Ukrainian front lines continue to be populated by at times dangerously ill-equipped fighters.

They are lacking bullets and extra magazines for their rifles, one Canadian fighter said.

They charge into battle in running shoes and mismatched uniforms, according to an American turning Ukrainians into combat medics.

Fighters with bulletproof vests and protective helmets are often indebted to private donors and Ukrainian business owners who have transformed their factories into makeshift production facilities.

“With the losses that are happening in these places, we need to put bodies in those holes to keep the offensive shut down. We don’t have the luxury of time,” he said. “We’re trying to find a balance between making (volunteers) ready and getting people out there.”

Ukraine has what the Global Organized Crime Index in 2021 called “one of the largest arms trafficking markets in Europe.”

www.thestar.com... l

Toronto Star out of Canada reports severe shortages of weapons, ammunition, and basic equipment including helmets, flashlights, and body armor for foreign volunteers. Shortages even include batteries needed for Javelin anti-tank missiles.

The article admits Ukraine's "foreign legion" cannot replace vehicles destroyed in combat and that many attempts to raise money through charity often end in misappropriation, the funds disappearing from corruption, or the weapons and equipment acquired then sold on the black market.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I have stated them in this very thread at least a couple of times. Go back and look if you want but we both know you will reject them for what MSM told you.

and I listed all the ones that Putin has claimed so I will ask you again - which ones?

You are trying to gatekeep is what you are doing. You have no idea what is the lie or what is the truth and if you did that means you have purposely posted lies on here. You can't have it both ways. You are not an authority on these matters. You don't have inside information you just can't stand that info you don't like keeps being posted.

too bad.

speaking of lies. I am not trying to gatekeep. I am calling out bogus sources of fake news.

Despite pledges of tanks, artillery and — this week — U.S. rocket systems capable of hitting enemy Russian targets as far as 500 kilometres away, the Ukrainian front lines continue to be populated by at times dangerously ill-equipped fighters.

Which has nothing to do with Russia being low / running out of items / equipment / ammo.. But by all means tell us how Russia is not deploying T-62's to Ukraine again. It is also called deflection.
edit on 6-6-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I am calling out bogus sources of fake news.

Does that mean I should call you out as a bogus source? You keep claiming they were supposed to conquer the country in 5 days. You keep claiming a dozen-plus generals were killed.

Since you are so against propaganda and lies if I prove that one of the 13 generals is alive will you delete your account?

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I wouldn't want to take your title.. still waiting for you to tell me the objectives Putin has claimed. While your at it still waiting for Russia to provide evidence of genocide they said they would bring to the UN.

as for your last comment - again with the deflection.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:58 PM
link   

still waiting for you to tell me the objectives Putin has claimed

I already told you what you can do. Look it up in this thread. I have posted it repeatedly. If you don't like it then, tough.

While your at it still waiting for Russia to provide evidence of genocide they said they would bring to the UN.

I don't even know what you are on about with that. Where did that come from?

Nevermind. I don't care. I am sure that is just you trying to change the topic.

as for your last comment - again with the deflection.

translation- All talk, no walk.

You are sure of your info though, right? You wouldn't spread propaganda would you? I mean, don't you at least try to verify things after you have been called out on them? You wouldn't just keep repeating what could be lies, would you?

That would be completely hypocritical of someone who is trying to gatekeep and larp as an MoT official.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I already told you what you can do. Look it up in this thread. I have posted it repeatedly. If you don't like it then, tough.

I dont care what you say. I asked about whhat Putin said. I listed them all you need to do is point out the one being used for this week.

I don't even know what you are on about with that. Where did that come from?

Nevermind. I don't care. I am sure that is just you trying to change the topic.

yes you do know what im talking abouit but because Russia lied you cant defend them so you pretend to not have a clue-- pathetic.

translation- All talk, no walk.
aka more deflection from you.

So what you are saying is you cant come up with a way to defend Putin.. fair enough.. you keep lying.
edit on 7-6-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 12:39 AM
link   
* - Charles Michel: The Kremlin is using food supplies as a stealth missile against developing countries. This is driving up food prices, pushing people into poverty, and destabilising entire regions. Russia is solely responsible for this food crisis. Despite its campaign of lies

* - Explosions reported in Kharkiv

* - President Zelensky:Had a phone conversation with @AndrzejDuda about defense cooperation between Ukraine and Poland. I am grateful for his efforts to consolidate international support for Ukraine's EU candidate status

* - Explosions at object in Belgorod district

* - Russian army shelled Bohoyavlenka, Volodymyrivka, Malynivka and Scherbaky, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - Near Bilohorivka activity of scout groups recorded, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - At Bakhmut direction Russian forces shelled with howitzers, MLRS and mortars Berestove, Fedorivka and Myronivka, conducted airstrike with Ka-52 helicopters near Roty, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - Battles continue in eastern part of Sieverodonetsk, attacks towards Novookhtyrka and Voronove were repelled, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - At Lyman direction Russian forces shelled Tetianivka and Piskunivka with mortars and artillery, conducted missile strike at Mykolaivka, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - Ukrainian military repelled Russian attack at Dovhenke village, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - Shelling near Leninsky Avenue 23 in Donetsk

* - Fire after shelling at Kuibyshevsky district of Donetsk. Projectile reportedly launched from Kiyvsky district of Donetsk

* - Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency: The situation in Ukraine's Zaporizhia constitutes a clear and present danger to the security and peace of the nuclear power plant there

* - 6 wounded as result of Russian shelling in Huliaipole

* - Boris Johnson: We cannot stand by while Russian long-range artillery flattens cities and kills civilians.  The UK will gift the Ukrainian Armed Forces multiple-launch rocket systems so they can effectively repel the continuing Russian onslaught

* - Head of Luhansk regional administration: situation in Sieverodonetsk a bit worsen, Ukrainian defense forces holding ground at Industrial zone

* - Explosions again audible in Mykolaiv

* - Damage at Tyotkino village in Kursk region after shelling

* - Russian forces shelled Tavriyske, Nova Zorya, Stepova Dolyna, Novomykolaivka and Kobzarka at Pivdenny Buh direction, General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian forces shelled Novobakhmutivka, Kamianka, Avdiyivka, Mykilske, Zolota Nyva and Poltavka, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - At Bakhmut direction Russian forces shelled Ukrainian positions near Zolote, Orikhove, Hirske, Vrubivka, Klynove, Bilohorivka, Pokrovske and Roty. Aviation conducted airstrikes near Bakhmut and Berestove. Russian army attempted to assault Komyshuvakha, Berestove and Mykolaivka, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

As a reminder

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

Resources - Where most of the updates come from.
* - Flightradar24 - tracks flights worldwide
* - Live Ukraine control map 1 - updates on the ground
* - Ukraine Control Map 2
* - Ship radar
* - Military vessel tracker
* - Institute for the Study of War (ISW)
* - Stopfake - Countering Russian propaganda about Ukraine
* - MilitaryLand - Maps

Youtube resources -
* - Speak the Truth
* - War in Ukraine
* - Artur Rehi - Estonain soldier
* - Daily Report

Social media resources -
* - Twitter - Jomini of the West - Battlefield Maps

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I listed them all you need to do is point out the one being used for this week.

That is where you are wrong. I don't need to do anything. Especialy after I said twice that you can find the answer in this very thread. I don't need to play your game. I don't need to stop posting info that hurts your sensibilities.

I don't need to care about someone who posts propaganda and then complains about propaganda. I don't need to give a hypocritical would-be gatekeeper any more time than I feel like.

What I do need to do is stop indulging you and get back to the purpose of this thread.
>>>>>>>>>>>>

Some maps of 6-6-22
Different sources.

Canadian journalist Neil Hauer on the ground, units are rotating out after heavy losses.

Tom Fowdy is a British writer and analyst of politics and international relations with a primary focus on East Asia.

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Yeah, while all regimes occasionally use propaganda, the Russian state has become addicted to disinformation. They live in a disinformation world and have come to believe their own disinformation.

Contact with reality is going to be a shattering moment for them.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 01:18 AM
link   
6 June update

Key Takeaways

* Russian forces likely retain control over most of Severodonetsk as of June 6, though the exact situation in the city remains unclear. Control of terrain is likely changing hands frequently.

* Russian forces in the Izyum area did not make any confirmed advances, while forces advancing west from Lyman secured minor gains.

* Russian forces continued unsuccessful attempts to sever Ukrainian lines of communication northeast of Bakhmut.

* Limited and localized Ukrainian counterattacks on June 5 forced Russian troops to focus on holding defensive lines north of Kharkiv City on June 6.

* Russian occupation authorities are advancing efforts to issue Russian passports to Ukrainian citizens and cement their control over occupied territories.

* The Ukrainian Navy claimed to have pushed the Russian Black Sea Fleet more than 100 km from the Ukrainian coast, likely to reduce the pressure of the Russian blockade on Ukraine’s southern ports.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I know all countries use it but Russia has taken it to a whole new level.. I mean Joseph Goebbels would be proud. Its one of the reason I review the website Stopfake. It was created in the aftermath of Russia shooting down MH17 and is dedicated to debunking Russian "news" (propaganda). Some restrict their propaganda viewpoint to Russias invasion of Ukraine for this year only. They ignore what Russia has done since 2014 when this mess started.

It was like the comment made by a poster here that claims Zelenskyy's popularity is, essentially, nonexistent. A source was not cited so I have to assume, based on multiple new sources, that the person just made it up. Everything I have researched show his popularity rising.

Oh well... you can lead a horse to water...

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
* The Ukrainian Navy claimed to have pushed the Russian Black Sea Fleet more than 100 km from the Ukrainian coast, likely to reduce the pressure of the Russian blockade on Ukraine’s southern ports.

I keep seeing reports that a few more Russian landing craft vessels were hit/destroyed/ damaged. I have not seen any official confirmation as of yet though. It went along with reports that Russia was assembling vessels for a landing against Odessa. An action, if true, is not going to succeed.

Also, the Russian Ambassador to the UN walked out of a UNSC meeting when European Council president Charles Michel has accused Russia of using food supplies as “a stealth missile against developing countries”, and blamed the Kremlin for the looming global food crisis, prompting Moscow’s UN ambassador to walk out of a security council meeting.

Russ ia walks out of UN security council meeting over claim it is using food as ‘stealth missile’

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The nonexistent t-62 tanks have been spotted in Ukraine heading towards Mykolaiv (S. Ukraine).

Russia’s Ancient T-62 Tanks Are On The Move In Ukraine

After losing more than 700 of its best T-72, T-80 and T-90 tanks in Ukraine in the first three months of fighting, the Russian army got pretty desperate for functional armored vehicles.

So desperate that, in May, the army pulled from long-term storage what might be at least a battalion’s worth of 60-year-old T-62 tanks—perhaps 50 in all. Two weeks later, some of the museum-ready T-62s have been spotted rolling toward the front line outside Mykolaiv in southern Ukraine.

“Their presence on the battlefield highlights Russia's shortage of modern, combat-ready equipment,” the U.K. Defense Ministry stated, referring to the T-62s.

The Russian army went into the current, wider war in Ukraine with around 2,800 modern tanks on its official table of equipment. But it’s not clear all of those tanks were in good repair or even possessed all their electronics and optics, which have resale value and tend to attract thieves.

Thus the 700 tanks the Russians have lost could represent a third of their pre-war inventory of battle-ready armor. Hence those T-62s.
click link for article.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 01:44 AM
link   

They would be okay in a fire support role for infantry, but they are vulnerable to modern antitank weapons. Probably easier to operate for "allied" troops of the Russians.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Flightradar24

* - CL60 - Bombardier Challenger 650 / Unknown - patrolling Romanian - Ukraine/Moldova border
* - ROF1104 - Antonov An-30 / Romanian air force - Over Brasov Romania
* - YANK01 - Beech RC-12X Guardrail / US Army - patrolling Lithuania
* - YANK02 - Beech RC-12X Guardrail / US Army - also patrolling Lithuania
* - NO CALLSIGN - Boeing KC-135R Stratotanker / USAF - circles over Lithuania
* - REBEL80 - Beech C-12U-3 Huron / US Army - over Lithuania
* - T44 - Pilatus PC-12 NG / Finnish air force - over south central Finland north of Helsinki

There is a decent amount of military air traffic of the US Southern West Coast. F-35 lighting's, several aerial refueling tankers along with B-1B bombers. I am assuming its for the naval war games.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 02:25 AM
link   
* - Russian military attempted to advance at Lozove-Bila Krinitsa area without success, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - The Russian military once again struck at the Kryvyi Rih district of the Dnipropetrovsk region - a man was wounded – head of the regional military administration Reznichenko, Suspilne reports

* - Donetsk Oblast(09:22). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kharkiv, Kharkivska Oblast(09:22). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Donetsk Oblast(08:24). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Donetsk Oblast(07:19). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Sumska Oblast(02:18). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Donetsk Oblast(02:12). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kyiv Oblast(02:17). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Chernihivska Oblast(02:16). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kirovohradska Oblast(02:11). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kyiv(02:11). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Cherkaska Oblast, Kryvyi Rih, Dnipro, Dnipropetrovska Oblast, Kharkiv, Kharkivska Oblast(02:10). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Poltavska Oblast(02:08). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Donetsk Oblast, Zaporizka Oblast(01:09). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

As a reminder

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

* - Ship radar
* - MilitaryLand - Maps

Youtube resources -
* - Speak the Truth
* - War in Ukraine
* - Daily Report

Social media resources -

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 02:57 AM
link   
* - Donetsk Oblast(10:42). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Damage in Seredyna-Buda after Russian shelling overnight

* - Russian occupation authorities in Kherson region declares intention to hold referendum to join Russian Federation

* - Russian army shelled Bashtanka town in Mykolaiv region, 2 people killed, 2 wounded. In total 19 people wounded yesterday in the region

* - Russian army shelled Khodyne and Velyka Pysarivka of Sumy region with mortars, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian army remotely planted mines near Rubizhne at Kharkiv direction, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - At Sloviansk direction Russian army attempted to conduct offensive towards Dovhenke and Dolyna, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian army shelled Ukrainian positions near Bazalivka, Brazhkivka, Hrushuvakha, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian army conducted missile strike at Mykolaivka town near Sloviansk, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Battles continue in Sieverodonetsk, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Ukrainian army repelled Russian assault attempts at Nahirne, Berestove, Krynychne and Roty, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Ukrainian helicopters conducted airstrikes at gatherings of Russian forces in Kherson region and warplanes at ammunition arsenals in Mykolaiv region, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

As a reminder

* - Ship radar
* - MilitaryLand - Maps

Youtube resources -
* - Speak the Truth
* - War in Ukraine
* - Daily Report

Social media resources -

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 03:30 AM
link   

The Beech RC-12X's are SIGINT birds.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yeah they have constantly been in the air over Lithuania since the Ukraine mess. I want to know who owns the CL-60 / bombardier challenger 650.. That has been, what I guess, patrolling the borders of Romania / Poland and Kaliningrad/Belarus and Ukraine.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Indirect information suggests the operator is the U.S. Army.

Direct information --> www.ainonline.com...

Cheers
edit on 7-6-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 191  192  193    195  196  197 >>

join