It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 188
<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   
twitter.com... seems Severodonetsk is being much more highly contested then originaly stated with per ukrainian sources at least about 1000 russian casualties so far in the past day alone top link is a map

twitter.com...

Russian Army losses TODAY 1,100 (estimated) and rising. This is the worst one-day loss for the Russians in 100-days of war and the remaining army is under heavy artillery bombardment and retreating to the Southwest from Sievierodonetsk. We expect losses over 2,000 before Monday.
so it seems they may have set a decent trap for russian forces

it also seems that the next city in russias path is on higher ground making advancement a bit harder then usual

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Wow. If that is true, it sounds like the Russians got sucker-punched.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
twitter.com... more info on the push into Severodonetsk seeming to confirm the ukranian push but further down in comments the river seems much lower then it usualy is which at least from that posters opinion would allow crossings not using pontoons which would be a major barrier removed if they try to cross with out bridges

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I want to find out if this is true. It claims Ukraine struck a Russian base in Moscow. If this is true should make Putin very nervous because that means the Kremlin itself could be attacked. This is a whole new level of escalation if this is true.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I'm betting this is Russian propaganda.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Water would have to be really low. Even then, river beds can easily bog vehicles down, depending on the type of bottom material they're made of. And anything climbing out of the bank on the far side will be exposed to fire.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I've seen this video before, but I am fairly sure it wasn't tagged as near Moscow.

Unfortunately I can't find the previous video at the moment.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   

EU formally approves embargo on Russian oil

The European Union on Friday formally approved an embargo on Russian oil and other sanctions targeting major banks and broadcasters over Moscows war on Ukraine.

EU headquarters says Russian crude oil will be phased out over six months, and other refined petroleum products over eight months.

It says that a temporary exception is foreseen for landlocked countries like Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia that suffer from a specific dependence on Russian supplies and have no viable alternative options.

Bulgaria and Croatia will also get temporary derogations for certain kinds of oil. EU leaders say the move means that around 90% of Russias oil exports to Europe will be blocked by years end. The EU imports around 25% of its oil from Russia.

Moscow ‘destroying bridges’ in Donbas

Moscow’s forces are destroying bridges across the Seversky Donets river in an attempt to block Ukrainian reinforcements from providing aid to civilians in the town of Sievierodonetsk, a local official has said.

According to independent.co.uk, Luhansk governor Serhiy Gaidai also said on live television the Ukrainian military was continuing to preserve its positions inside the town, and was pushing back Russian troops in several locations.

Russian forces suffering ‘huge losses’

A local governor says Ukrainian military has “pushed back” Russian forces in battle for control of the city, according to The Guardian.

Putin mocks US for sending more arms to Ukraine

Russian President Vladimir Putin, in comments about a U.S. decision to send new arms to Ukraine, said Russia was easily coping and was already destroying American-supplied weapons by the dozen, state-run news agency RIA reported on Saturday.

Putin made the remarks in an interview with national television, RIA said. It is due to be shown on Sunday.

Putin says the above, then this happens -

Russia unleashes ‘hypersonic missile’ on NATO supply line

Russia has unleashed a hypersonic missile on NATO supply lines inside Ukraine in a desperate attempt to stop arms crossing the border.

Kalibr cruise missiles stuck the Beskydy railway tunnel in the Carpathian Mountains overnight, reports claim.

The missiles were launched from a warship in the Black Sea and was captured on camera by a family caught up in the horror.

They recorded the strike in Lviv region, reporting that two missiles had hit the area.

Ukrainian official Anton Gerashchenko and Lviv governor Maksym Kozytskyy confirmed the late evening attack.

“The goal is to try to disrupt the railway communication and stop the supply of fuel and weapons from our allies,” he said.

edit on 4-6-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

[ Album ]
🇷🇺🇺🇦⚡️Video from Svyatogorsk, where the fighting is now taking place. It can be seen that the level of the Seversky Donets River is now at an extremely low level.

Recall that at the end of March, during the retreat in the Izyum-Slavic direction, the Armed Forces of Ukraine blew up two dams near the settlements of Oskol and Novoselovka. Two months later, the undermining of dams and dams in the area begins to play against the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Considering how dry the Seversky Donets is, the destroyed bridges will not help stop the advance of Russian troops. In many areas, a dried up river can now be crossed

t.me...

[ Video ]
🇺🇦🇷🇺❗️Here is a video showing how the center of the city of Donetsk was subjected to a hail of blows!!!!

t.me...

The above is what indiscriminate shelling looks like.

[ Video ]
🇺🇦🇷🇺❗️The first footage from the scene of the shelling of the center of Donetsk. Apartments, cars are burning, there are wounded civilians.

t.me...
edit on 4-6-2022 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Looks like Russia is going to continue having manpower issues.

Iran official says Iran won’t replace Russia in Syria

Vahid Jalalzadeh, the chairman of Iran's Majlis National Security and Foreign Policy Commission gave an interview to Al-Alam TV saying that Iran would continue to support the Syrian regime but that reports it was replacing Russians in Syria were mistaken.

He also said that Iran and Saudi Arabia should continue working on talks toward some kind of amicable relationship. He dismissed reports that Parchin had been attacked by drones recently.

Jalalzadeh’s comments likely reflect high-level foreign policy thinking in Iran. He was asked about the Russian role in Ukraine and claims that Russia is withdrawing forces from Syria. He was asked if Iranian and “axes of resistance were deployed in their place.”
click link for article

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
...and the hits just keep on coming for Putin..

Putin’s Lap Dog Humiliated by Fed-Up Guest on His Own Show

...... Solovyov’s message was on par with the common theme on Russian state television: nuclear war is imminent, but dying for the Motherland is the best way to go.

But there was one pundit in the studio who was clearly fed up with the fear-mongering—and he made it known. When it was his turn to speak, political scientist Sergey Mikheyev couldn’t contain his rage. “There is a flood of information, including our mainstream media, about how scary and terrible everything is. About 500 times per day, on every channel, every talk show, they’re talking about how many more weapons are being sent, how frightening they are,” he fumed.

In a rare instance of transparency on Russian state TV, Mikheyev acknowledged that he thinks the changes in public opinion have been destabilizing the entire country. “Working with public opinion is crucially important, because the stability inside of the country depends on the stability of public opinion. The public opinion, day to night, only hears about the characteristics of foreign weapons, they don’t understand what happens next,” he said, “They tell us, ‘Terrible weapons are arriving over there, they keep coming and coming. They [Ukraine] promised not to utilize them a certain way, but most likely will do it anyway—and that will lead to World War III.’ Then we’re being told, ‘Calm down, comrades, everything will be alright. Don’t you worry, there’s nothing to worry about.’”

Solovyov had claimed that Russia “could spit” on the weapons provided for Ukraine’s self-defense against Russian aggression, boasting about more advanced arms that have been manufactured specifically for a future confrontation with NATO. “We’ve been anticipating this,” Solovyov said. “Everyone understood that after we destroy all of Ukraine’s weapons—which happened long ago, we destroyed all Soviet-made arms—the time would come to demilitarize NATO.”

The host flippantly told the audience: “Just calm down. Our guys are doing their job. They’re doing it correctly. All the hysteria in the West confirms that we’re moving towards our goal. Of course, we’d like it to go faster, but how could we leave our flanks unprotected? We can’t expose Kaliningrad or the border with Finland. We understand: our next operation may be war with NATO.”

Mikheyev challenged the host on that point, too. Complaining about the messaging employed by many prominent state media mouthpieces, the pundit noted with visible aggravation: “It’s rolling in: those will send [weapons] and so will others, on and on; they will most likely try to use them. The common man asks: ‘What happens next?’ and the answer is, ‘Be calm, comrades. Next comes WWIII. Keep on working, don’t worry about a thing, keep minding your business. The nuclear war is coming. That’s all.’

Staring at Solovyov, Mikheyev asked: “What is that? Is that a normal approach? Is that the way to work with public opinion? I think this is something to think about... People are getting worried. Realistically, we have a huge number of people who are extremely concerned about this.”

Unpersuaded, the host immediately dismissed the political scientist’s concerns about maintaining some measure of sanity in order to safeguard the public opinion. Instead, Solovyov opted to follow the official guidance on messaging to the masses. He defiantly replied: “And after we think about it, then there will be nuclear war.”

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

The Russian army is "throwing all its reserves into" capturing the city of Severodonetsk in the eastern Luhansk region, according to Serhiy Hayday, the head of the regional military administration. "They had previously managed to capture most of the city, but now our military has pushed them back," Hayday told Ukrainian television, claiming the Russians are "suffering huge losses." Hayday also said Chechen forces who appear to have thought the battle was won had entered the city. He said the Russians were trying to demolish bridges "so that we cannot provide reinforcements to our guys who are in Severodonetsk, who are defending the Luhansk region. ... They are really afraid that the success of our defenders will develop, and this can be done if ammunition, weapons and reinforcements are provided in time. This is the first thing they are afraid of." Earlier Saturday, Hayday said Ukraine now controls about half of Severodonetsk. He was responding to a question about the latest UK intelligence assessment, which had predicted Russia would control all of the Luhansk region within two weeks.
so ukraine has taken back roughly 50% of the city and continues to bleed russian reinforcements,sadly a UN hertiage site burnt down apparently , and russian forces keep destorying bridges in attempts to stop ukranian reinforcements

twitter.com... _&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2Fliveupdate%2F18hnzysb1elcs%2FLiveUpdate_bc29585c-e438-11ec-bdd6-eab864b535d0%2F0 All Saints Skete. can be seen burning at this link

twitter.com... map showing the precarious position russia is in via Ukraine artillery on the high ground ,and alleges that russia is facing a replacement parts shortage for its own artillery

deepstatemap.live.../46.905/34.772 never seen this source but it appears to show the positions of russian forces and ukrainian gains/losses

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

So, because Russia invaded Ukraine and Ukraine is being supported by other nations, it means WW III? Are Russians buying that?

Probly not, on the whole. Does it matter?

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Considering Putin has been lying to the Russian people about what is going on in Ukraine it matters a great deal. The Russians are blaming NATO for their losses in Ukraine, going as far as to claim special forces from NATO countries are operating inside Russia. The bs Russia is spewing about NATO is being seen in the West as Russia prepping their people for war with NATO.

If Russia is having massive issues in Ukraine what makes them think they could take on NATO?

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Yeah.
What I meant was, how much does Russian popular opinion have to do with Putin?

Popular opinion got us out of Viet Nam, eventually. But that was a long time ago.

edit on 6/4/2022 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Popular opinion in Russia seems to be a gauge on how effective the state propaganda is and if it is working.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   

What sources are there for gauging popular opinion in Russia?

Don't hear much about protests anymore. I guess everyone in Russia is very much happy with the ongoing special operation now.

They dealt with them damn hippies, I guess.

If you get my meaning. If you catch my drift.

edit on 6/4/2022 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   

All polls on Putins popularity are done by state controlled outlets. The last popularity poll has him in the high 80's to low 90's. The reason you dont hear about the protests is the media is barred from reporting on them. Just like how a person in Russia who mentions "war" or "peace" in the same sentence with Ukraine can get up to 15 years in Prison under the newest law. Anything that contradicts the Russian government is now illegal.

As far as support for their war in Ukraine they are having issues there. Russia has been notifying families who lost relatives in Ukraine that they died from a training accident.

The other issue is Russians have been downloading VPN's in order to access media other than state controlled. Putin has not blocked the downloads but I think it is only a matter of time.

It reminds me of what Princess Leah said to Grand Moff Tarkin (starwars). The tighter the grip gets the more info that will slip out.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   
⚡️Nationalists have equipped firing positions and placed artillery guns in the yards of apartment buildings on Astronomicheskaya Street in Kharkiv, residents are forbidden to leave their flats under the pretext of security — Russian Defence Ministry

The ministry also said that in Slovyansk schools No. 5 and No. 6, a music school, a railway school, a chemical-mechanical technical school and a boarding school are occupied by fighters of Ukrainian nationalist formations, while heavy weapons and armoured vehicles have been placed on the territory of a fodder factory.

t.me...

⚡️On June 4, during the withdrawal of the units of 79th Air Assault Brigade of the Ukrainian Armed Forces from Svyatogorsk, Donetsk People's Republic, the Ukrainian nationalists set fire to All Saints' of the Russian Land wooden skete the Svyatogorsk Lavra.

▫️According to the local residents, the wooden walls under the dome were shelled by incendiary munitions from a high-caliber machine gun mounted on a Kozak Ukrainian armoured vehicle.

▫️After commiting the arson, the Ukrainian nationalists headed southbound at a high speed, towards a Ukrainian troops-contolled locality of Sviridovo.

❗️Units of the Russian Armed Forces that were to the north of Svyatogorsk do not carry out any combat operations in this area and do not shell the territory of the historical and architecture reserve of Svyatogorsk.

ℹ️ The All Saints' of the Russian Land wooden skete in Svyatogorsk was built in 2009 instead of the exploded one in 1947.

#MoD #Russia #Ukraine
@mod_russia_en

t.me...

⚠️Ukrainian Armed Force' units are retreating towards Lisichansk after suffering critical losses (up to 90% in various units) during the combats for Severodonetsk.

❗️Realising the impossibility to continue resisting and holding the industrial area in Severodonetsk, the authorities in Kiev have ordered the combined tactical group to plant saltpetre and nitric acid tanks of a volume above 100 tonnes at Azot entity located in Severodonetsk.

▫️According to the plan of the Kiev regime, the explosion of these toxic chemical reservoirs is to delay the offensive of the Russian Armed Forces units by creating a chemically contaminated area.

▫️Ukrainian nationalists are not deterred by the fact that this terrorist act with the involvement toxic chemicals can result in causing victims among innocent civilians as it already happened to the residents of Kremennaya and Rubezhnoye after the nationalists exploded a nitric acid reservoir at the same plant on May 31, 2022.

▫️At the same time, in case of implementing this inhumane provocation, the Kiev authorities plan to accuse the Russian Armed Forces of commiting a technogenic ecological disaster and to widely spread this information in Ukrainian and Western mass media in accordance with the practiced scenario.

➡️ More (telegra.ph...)

#MoD #Russia #Ukraine #HumanitarianResponse #HumanitarianAid
@mod_russia_en

t.me...

[ Video ]
Footage of the aftermath following the Russian attack on Nikolaev, heavily censored by the Ukrainians

t.me...

More photos
t.me...

[ Album ]
The artillery of the “Z” group destroyed the equipment of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, which tried to concentrate in Turovo and Tsepochka for offensive operations and sabotage. Demilitarized at least two armored personnel carriers, more than 50 militants and pickup trucks.

t.me...

[ Photo ]
Severodonetsk, all positions based off of on the ground evidence and geolocated footage

t.me...

[Forwarded from War in Ucraine, subtitled in English]
[ Video ]
#stories About 200 ex-policemen of Ukraine who served under Kiev regime, showed up to sign up to the new local police force of the city Mariupol. Their identities and track record will be checked, but some, who passed the vetting process, are already patrolling the streets of liberated Mariupol together with their RPD comrades.

t.me...

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
I want to find out if this is true. It claims Ukraine struck a Russian base in Moscow. If this is true should make Putin very nervous because that means the Kremlin itself could be attacked. This is a whole new level of escalation if this is true.

The video claim that it was a missile attack. I find it absolutely ridiculous, ukraine doesnt have anything that can reach that far. A special forces attack *might* have been more plausible but even so... this would serve zero purpose, attacks on supply lines near the ukraine border would be far more effective. I'd say 99.99% chance of being false.

top topics

<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join