It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 159
<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: fuzz4262

Final outcome is highly dependent on much aid the west ends up sending. Now we found out Biden is sending MLRS, but they'll need more artillery and tanks at least before they can mount a proper counteroffensive.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Updated version of a vehicle with loudspeakers playing patriotic music and propaganda speeches.

I recall going into E Germany shortly after the Wall fell. The loudspeakers on poles were still in the centers of the towns and villages.

Cheers

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Do you know if russia still has T34s in storage?

I find it of note the "Military Balance 2021" by IISS did not mention T-62s as part of Russia's arsenal:

ARMOURED FIGHTING VEHICLES

MBT 2,840: 650 T-72B/BA; 850 T-72B3; 530 T-72B3M;
310 T-80BV/U; 140 T-80BVM; 350 T-90/T-90A; 10 T-90M;
(10,200 in store: 7,000 T-72/T-72A/B; 3,000 T-80B/BV/U;
200 T-90)

The Russians have to know the -62s will be steel coffins in this war. Why send those when they have so many -72 and -80 models in storage?

Cheers

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 02:51 AM
link   
26 May update

Key Takeaways

* Russian forces unsuccessfully attempted to advance southeast of Izyum near the Kharkiv-Donetsk Oblast border.

* Russian forces continued steady advances around Severodonetsk and likely seek to completely encircle the Severodonetsk-Lysychansk area in the coming days.

* Russian forces continued to make persistent advances south and west of Popasna toward Bakhmut, but the Russian pace of advance will likely slow as they approach the town itself.

* Russian forces in occupied areas of the Southern Axis are reportedly preparing a “third line of defense” to consolidate long-term control over the region and in preparation to repel likely future Ukrainian counteroffensives.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Does anyone know what a 'propaganda truck' is?

I'm not sure....but I can make an educated guess.

RT has been quiet for a few days now.....maybe he's been redeployed?

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Does anyone know what a 'propaganda truck' is?

I'm not sure....but I can make an educated guess.

RT has been quiet for a few days now.....maybe he's been redeployed?

He's been moved from the " International Desk " to the domestic.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I hope he's trying to find out why his government personally gave him (he said it was a briefing he attended) so many ridiculously fake 'news' stories that were so easily debunked here (thinking of 3 specific absolute falsehoods they tried tried to spread through him with completely faked 'evidence' recently).

RT is actually a pretty cool cat, brainwashed by russian propaganda, but I'd be happy to meet him and would be proud to call him friend someday, he can't be very happy about being used by that.

I hope he knows that many folks here don't hold anything against him for being so fooled by his government, they probably fool most russians.

edit on 27-5-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 03:42 AM
link   

At least they're useful as cannon fodder I guess, or some sort of limited combat role? Especially if they've got reservists who know how to use -62s but not so much the newer tanks? But I don't know.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 03:42 AM
link   

I recall going into E Germany shortly after the Wall fell. The loudspeakers on poles were still in the centers of the towns and villages

I remember seeing pretty much the same during my first visits to eastern Europe in the very early 90's after the fall of communism etc.
It really was a drab, dreary place.....bullet holes from WWII still in building walls, smoke stained bars with Soviet paraphernalia and prints of Brezhnev, Andropov etc on the walls and sad, downtrodden people staring vacantly into half-empty glasses.
The whole region looked like it was locked in some sort of cliched spy movie.

Putin's 'Golden Era' and something he seems hell bent on trying to recreate.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 03:49 AM
link   

RT is a great guy and I really enjoyed chatting with him before all this kicked off.
We had a few differences of opinion but they were always respectful etc.

He's intelligent, witty and very insightful.
I imagine he would be good company in real life.

He's a proud Russian and that's as it should be....but blind faith is a dangerous thing and he seems to have it bad at present.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

At least they're useful as cannon fodder I guess, or some sort of limited combat role? Especially if they've got reservists who know how to use -62s but not so much the newer tanks? But I don't know.

They can be neutered by a 50 Cal, what possible use do they have?

Unless they're being taken to the steel plant for recycling, that would be 'useful'.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I've had the same experience with him for a very long time, and completely agree with your assessment.

He is also one of the most honest users here (he believes the russian propaganda as fact), and I know being called out for spreading proven russian fakes like he was here must have been pretty unpleasant for him.

I actually admire what he does here, I've gone 'behind enemy lines' several times as a single user facing off against 100+ heated users on specific issues, which he's done with nearly every post for a very long time, so I know how difficult what he does here must be, and I admire both the courage and professionalism he's always displayed while doing that.

edit on 27-5-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Yes, I can only agree with most of that.👍

Its one thing us squabbling over the internet using keyboards as a weapon but its worth remembering that whilst we are self-indulging in that literally thousands of Ukrainians and Russians are dying and suffering horrendously.

Let's hope there is a resolution to this awful and pointless tragedy soon.

And lets hope RT is soon back amusing and informing us.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Fuel is essential for an offensive operation. With Ukraine currently producing exactly 0 barrel per day of that due to Russia missiling Ukraine's only oil refinery, it's going to be difficult. MRLS is good, but without air defense or fighter jets to protect it from high altitude ground attack jets or even attack choppers it's not going to make a difference. Modern combat is combined arms. No modern army is effective with only a single component.
edit on 27-5-2022 by fuzz4262 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: fuzz4262

Their air defense is OK already, but otherwise you are correct yeah

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Rebels are by now pretty well armed and equipped. A big step up from the motley bunch they were back in 2014 when they just started out.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Russia rejects Ukraine's request for ceasefire.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Russian 230 mm howitzers in action in Donbas. These have more range and pack a bigger punch compared to Ukrainian 155 mm howitzers supplied by America, Canada, Australia.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: fuzz4262
Russia rejects Ukraine's request for ceasefire.

twitter.com...

Perhaps you are confused?

It is russia demanding that Ukraine surrender (cease fire with russia stealing Ukrainian territory) and Ukraine has repeatedly refused until all russian forces are removed from all of Ukraine.

That determination is the exact reason putin threw a tantrum and ended the 'peace talks' over a month ago, and nothing has changed since then (other than russia now occupying a lot less Ukrainian territory of course).

Meanwhile, russia is free to leave Ukraine (a defacto cease fire) whenever it chooses to do so.

Do russians actually believe any of that nonsense you posted?

It's way beyond absurd.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: fuzz4262
Russian 230 mm howitzers in action in Donbas. These have more range and pack a bigger punch compared to Ukrainian 155 mm howitzers supplied by America, Canada, Australia.

twitter.com...

Perhaps you haven't heard?

Ukraine is now using M777 with twice the range of those russian guns, and precision that russia can only fantasize about.

Good luck with your pea shooters.

new topics

top topics

<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join