It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 128
<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: zTastaufen
Finland is Uralic. Russia is mainly Uralic. Moskva is an Uralic woord. Historically Finland is part of Russia and I would argue would do better as part of Russia considering it's only 5 million people.

Do better? In what way lol

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Like most people an interest in Conspiracy Theories was the thing that brought me to ATS all those years ago.

It was always clear to me that the genuine, and probably most important, CT's were hidden amongst a mountain of random speculations, paranoid delusions and deliberate mis-directions.
I have come to believe that many of these CT's are part of a plan to discredit the CT community and deflect away from the genuine one's.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

I have very little regard or respect for our politicians - of all leanings - and the political systems they are intent on maintaining.
I acknowledge that they actively encourage biased news reporting in MSM and disseminate propaganda on a regular basis.
The best way to both spread and disguise a lie is to wrap it up in truths.

Sometimes the facts simply are the facts....and the truth is the truth.

Many people are just so intent on going against the official narrative that they are unable to enter into any level of reasoned, impartial critical thinking.

'Look at ME. I'm such a rebel not believing a word the government says or MSM spouts'.
'I'm not a sheeple, I see through their lies'.

I'm sure you get my point.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Impressive flying technique. Su-25 low level flights. Too low for MANPADS to target.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Personally, I think Russians are more motivated to fight in Donbas than Ukrainians. For the Russians, it's all about protecting Russian speakers from Kiev artillery. For Ukrainians, they are in hostile territory where civilians are hostile to them at every turn.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Sometimes the facts simply are the facts....and the truth is the truth.

I've been here a long time -- and like most lurked for a couple years.

I agree with your statement -- and find truth/fact tend to be prominent.

Not that anyone should just automatically take "whatever" at face value.

Not everything is a conspiracy -- and mostly isn't.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: zTastaufen

Finland's GDP per capita is about $50,000. Russia's GDP per capita is about $10,000. I think Finland is doing just fine without Russia.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Kyiv artillery can reach Donbas? Impressive.

(post by Freeborn removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I stand firmly in the Question Everything camp....but I try not to dismiss things without giving them due consideration or because of a previously held opinion.

I fail sometimes.....

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Finland is Uralic. Russia is mainly Uralic.

Uralic is a language family, not an ethic group.

English is a West Germanic language....does that give Germany the right to invade and subjugate every English speaking nation in the world?

.... and I would argue would do better as part of Russia considering it's only 5 million people.

British people are genetically Celtic / Briton. And while there is a small Germanic admixture from Anglo Saxon invasion, genetically British are Briton, not Germanic. Case in point. Anne Hathaway who is from Britain is quite distinct phenotypically from Kirsten Dunst who is from Germany / Sweden.

Likewise, genetically Russians are Uralic with a small Germanic admixture from Viking invasion. Genetically Russian and Finnish are virtually identical and Uralic.

And as for Finns being happy. Happy according to what criteria? Perhaps according to natural scenery maybe. But other than that, Finns are not more happy than Russians.
edit on 12-5-2022 by zTastaufen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Ukrainian forces have set on fire a Russian ship in the Black Sea:

Ukrainian forces have damaged a modern Russian navy logistics ship in the Black Sea, setting it on fire, a spokesman for the Odesa regional military administration in southern Ukraine said on Thursday.

Spokesman Serhiy Bratchuk said in an online post that the Vsevolod Bobrov had been struck near Snake Island, the scene of renewed fighting in recent days, but did not give details. The tiny island is located near Ukraine’s sea border with Romania.

[url=https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2022/may/12/russia-ukraine-war-news-live-updates-latest-putin-zelenskiy-finland-nato-bid#top-of-blog]Link[ /url]
edit on 12-5-2022 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   
More captured NLAW and whatever else in Donbas. They captured so many they can probably just reverse engineer and mass produce for their own use.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Doubt it.

Your much vaunted hypersonic missiles only hit a shopping mall and an apartment block.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

I stand firmly in the Question Everything camp....but I try not to dismiss things without giving them due consideration or because of a previously held opinion.

I fail sometimes.....

Absolutely!!!

But, over the years, I've found conspiracies rarely pan out to be factual.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a compilation of Russians who go to Donbas to defend Russian speakers from Kiev artillery

twitter.com...

twitter.com...
edit on 12-5-2022 by zTastaufen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: zTastaufen
More captured NLAW and whatever else in Donbas. They captured so many they can probably just reverse engineer and mass produce for their own use.

twitter.com...

All they have there are empty tubes the covers are blown out on most they were used and tossed. So I would sure hope Russia can back engineer a rocket tube.
edit on 5/12/22 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Oh great. Another one. Zzzzzz

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Some are captured intact when Ukrainians fled.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Su-35 armed with air to air and anti radar missiles

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   
footage Msta-S self propelled howitzers pounding Ukrainian army in Donbas

twitter.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join