It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

or a Ukrainian Civil war between factions that dont align with how the government carried out things during the invasion and they break away with all the new equipment and troops and form a new ukranian government

one thing is , its not going to end soon with all the players betting and throwing money into the ring

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 03:09 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

Is that who I think it is at :53?

The Kremlins pet poodle.

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

If Putin is somehow replaced - and I think its a massive bloody IF - then it at least raises the possibility of an immediate ceasefire.
If the war in Ukraine is increasingly unpopular in Russia then a ceasefire could give a new leadership some sort of popularity and even credibility and the new leaders lose no face.
Its an age old tactic.
They can enter into negotiations with no preconditions and any 'gains' in Donbas can be viewed as a victory and the failings of the invasion simply blamed on the previous administration.

In my assessment - for what very little its worth - I'd suggest that's a more likely outcome than a new leadership compounding the mistakes made by Putin et al and committing more resources to an unpopular, bitter and costly invasion.

But who knows what goes on in the minds of those that seek power?

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
* - the Russian army is preparing to evacuate the families of the russian officers in Transnistria.

Did you see what Estonia did today?

I didn't see that one coming.

Not entirely sure what to think about it yet.

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

Is that who I think it is at :53?

The Kremlins pet poodle.

Now I'm gonna chuckle All Day Long, hilarious!

Anyone got the skills to fake him in a poodle skirt waving a soviet flag?

(Just kidding, nobody wants to see that)

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

what did Estonia do?

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 04:00 AM
link   
* - European Council pledges to increase military support for Moldova

* - Luhanska Oblast(11:07). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Donetsk Oblast(11:01). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kharkiv, Kharkivska Oblast(11:04). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - The EU proposes cutting off Sberbank and other lenders from the international SWIFT payment system, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen says, under a new package of sanctions against Russia

* - Ursula von der Leyen:Today we are presenting the sixth package of sanctions. First, we are listing high-ranking military officers and other individuals who committed war crimes in Bucha. We know who you are. And you will be held accountable

* - New proposed EU sanctions: complete ban on Russian oil imports; cutting largest bank Sberbank from SWIFT; banning 3 broadcasters; targeting alleged war criminals. Von der Leyen: "Putin wanted to wipe Ukraine from the map. He will clearly not succeed"

* - Donetsk Oblast(10:16). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Russian troops shelled Avdiyivka coking coal chemical plant with mortars

* - Fire at oil depot near Makiyivka

* - Russian TOS-1 strike on Yampil, near electric substation

* - 57 houses in Volovets without gas supply as result of Russian missile strike

* - In the Kherson region, one person was killed and four others were injured in the shelling by the Russian troops - Kochubeevka community

* - Italian CAEW mission continues

* - Missile strike in Artsyz of Odesa region confirmed by city mayor

* - 2 missile strikes against railway infrastructure in Kamianske district of Dnipropetrovsk region. 1 person wounded

* - Advisor to the office of President of Ukraine: At first, anti-Semitic statements by Moscow, now massive missile strikes on Ukrainian cities. Lviv, Vinnytsia, Kirovohrad, Zakarpattia. Russia must be recognized as a sponsor of terrorism. There is less and less difference between the Kremlin and ISIS, even on a verbal level

* - Russian army shelled Dynamo stadium in Kharkiv earlier today

* - More explosions audible in Odesa region

* - There are dead and wounded as result of Russian missile strike against railway infrastructure in Kirovohrad region

* - President Biden tells workers at a Lockheed Martin facility where Javelin anti-tank missiles are made: "You're making it possible for the Ukrainian people to defend themselves, without us having to risk getting into a third world war by sending American soldiers"

* - The worker at this Alabama missile plant make it possible for the Ukrainians "to have a shot," adds @POTUS

* - "A lot of war crimes being committed" in Ukraine, says @POTUS

* - 16/17 dead, dozen injured as result of road accident with a bus and a fuel tanker in Rivne region

As a reminder

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

Resources - Where most of the updates come from.
* - Flightradar24 - tracks flights worldwide
* - Live Ukraine control map 1 - updates on the ground
* - Ukraine Control Map 2
* - Ship radar
* - Military vessel tracker
* - Institute for the Study of War (ISW)
* - Stopfake - Site dedicated to countering Russian propaganda about Ukraine

Youtube resources -
* - Speak the Truth
* - War in Ukraine
* - Artur Rehi - Estonain soldier
* - Daily Report

Social media resources -
* - Twitter - Jomini of the West - Battlefield Maps

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 04:05 AM
link   

what did Estonia do?

I saw (possibly unconfirmed) reports that Estonia just demanded the return of the 2 disputed territories that russia stole in 1940, immediately.

Along with some not so subtle 'threats', or at least a pretty threatening tone.

Seemed over the top to me, even for Estonia (who I've generally admired recently)

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Well, this is an interesting turn of events -

* - Ukrainian army liberated Molodova village near Stary Saltiv in Kharkiv region

Source - Telegram
edit on 4-5-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 04:12 AM
link   
* - Issues with water supply in L'viv - mayor

* - Missile strike hit infrastructure object in Transcarpathia region

* - 3 power substations damaged as result of Russian missile strikes in L'viv - head of regional administration

* - Ukrainian military destroyed Russian supply convoy near Vesele village in Kharkiv region

* - Confirmed: An internet disruption has been registered in Lviv, western Ukraine, amid reports of explosions and power outages following a Russian missile strike; real-time network data show connectivity down to 87% of previous levels

* - Ukrainian Railways: as result of missile strikes at railways substations some trains will be delayed

* - Missile strike confirmed in Dolynska territorial community in Kirovohrad region

* - Ukraine: In the vicinity of Bayrak, Kharkiv Oblast, Ukrainian forces claimed to destroy 3x BMP IFVs of the Russian Army

* - Partial blackout in some districts of L'viv - Mayor Sadovy

* - At least 5 big explosions near Lviv

* - Explosions reported in Kyiv region. Possible air defense engagement. Cruise missiles seen overflying in multiple regions in Ukraine

* - Explosions reported in Vinnytsia region

* - General Staff of Ukraine: Russian army prepares evacuation of families of officers in Transnistria

* - Explosions reported in Kirovohradska oblast

* - Explosion near Odesa

* - Reports of 2 explosions near Lviv

* - Ukraine is now using U.S.-provided howitzers in the fight against Russia, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin confirms to Congress

* - Ukrainian army liberated Molodova village near Stary Saltiv in Kharkiv region

* - At least 10 killed, 15 wounded as result of Russian army shelling at Avdiyivka chemical plant

* - "We hope that at the end of this that #Ukraine will be a sovereign state with a functioning government that can protect its territory" per @SecDef

* - Russian troops shelled central districts of Kharkiv

* - Chief of Staff of the US Army: We are witnessing the biggest test for our security and the security of Europe

* - Britain donating 13 armored vehicles to Ukraine to "rescue civilians from besieged areas" "Targeting of civilians is a war crime" per Foreign Sec @trussliz "This latest donation will help protect Ukrainians attempting to flee Russian shelling"

* - Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin: U.S. has committed $3.7 billion in military aid to Ukraine since Russia's Feb. 24 full-scale invasion

* - Russian drone shot down in Dnipropetrovsk region

* - Russian troops launched ground assault attempt at Azovstal in Mariupol. Hours of aerial bombardment before

* - Russian troops shelling central Kharkiv, Pavlove Pole and Oleksiivka

* - At least 9 people were killed in Russian attacks today in Donetsk region. Russian aviation conducted airstrike in central Avdiyivka

* - Synagogue in Bobruisk was vandalised with "Z" letters

* - Russian army shelled Zolochiv and Zolochiv community from occupied Kozacha Lopan with artillery overnight

* - Russian army shelled Hlukhiv border community in Sumy region with mortars

* - Emmanuel Macron has a call scheduled today with Putin. It will be the first call between the two since March 29th. Source: Elysée

* - This event is known propaganda, displayed for awareness
The Russian Foreign Ministry accused Israel of "a course to support neo-Nazis in Kyiv"

* - 2 killed as result of shelling in Zaliznychne of Huliaipole district

As a reminder

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

Resources - Where most of the updates come from.
* - Flightradar24 - tracks flights worldwide
* - Live Ukraine control map 1 - updates on the ground
* - Ukraine Control Map 2
* - Ship radar
* - Military vessel tracker
* - Institute for the Study of War (ISW)
* - Stopfake - Site dedicated to countering Russian propaganda about Ukraine

Youtube resources -
* - Speak the Truth
* - War in Ukraine
* - Artur Rehi - Estonain soldier
* - Daily Report

Social media resources -
* - Twitter - Jomini of the West - Battlefield Maps

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Moscow Times - Estonia Demands ‘Annexed’ Territory Back From Russia

Estonia wants Russia to return its territory that it says is annexed by Moscow, its top lawmaker has said as the prospects of a Russian-Estonian border treaty turned grim this year over Tallinn’s territorial claims.

Estonia is the only NATO member lacking a ratified border treaty with Russia. The two countries have sparred as recently as this spring over a 1920 treaty establishing a Russian-Estonian border, which Tallinn calls its birth certificate and Moscow considers void.

“We don’t want a square foot of Russian territory. We just want ours back. Russia annexed about 5% of Estonia’s territory,” Estonian parliament speaker Henn Põlluaas wrote on Facebook.

“The annexation of Estonian territories is no different from the occupation and annexation of Crimea,” Põlluaas said Tuesday.

Põlluaas was responding to Russian Foreign Ministry diplomat Sergei Belyayev’s comments saying that Moscow will only ratify the border treaty if Estonia drops its territorial claims.

The Kremlin called Põlluaas’ remarks unacceptable.
click link for article

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 04:29 AM
link   
"We hope that at the end of this that #Ukraine will be a sovereign state with a functioning government that can protect its territory, just like the one we installed back in 2014" per @SecDef

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Flightradar24

* - FORTE10 - Northrop Grumman RQ-4B Global Hawk / USAF - Black Sea patrol
* - REDEYE6 - Boeing E-8C / USAF - Patrolling East Poland
* - LAGR160 - Boeing KC-135R Stratotanker / USAF - Circles over North Central Poland
* - JAKE11 - Boeing RC-135W Rivet Joint / USAF - Over North Poland
* - NO CALLSIGN - Lockheed C-130B Hercules / Romanian air force - Over central east Romania
* - MMF18 - Airbus A330-243MRTT / NATO (Luxembourg - Circles over Central east Poland

Question for people.

Does anyone find the Flightradar posts helpful / interesting? I ask because its now apparent that NATO is increasing their presence in east Europe due to Russia. So important flight updates are now common place and I don't want to keep re-inventing the wheel.

Thoughts / comments / opinions.

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Flightradar24

* - FORTE10 - Northrop Grumman RQ-4B Global Hawk / USAF - Black Sea patrol
* - REDEYE6 - Boeing E-8C / USAF - Patrolling East Poland
* - LAGR160 - Boeing KC-135R Stratotanker / USAF - Circles over North Central Poland
* - JAKE11 - Boeing RC-135W Rivet Joint / USAF - Over North Poland
* - NO CALLSIGN - Lockheed C-130B Hercules / Romanian air force - Over central east Romania
* - MMF18 - Airbus A330-243MRTT / NATO (Luxembourg - Circles over Central east Poland

Question for people.

Does anyone find the Flightradar posts helpful / interesting? I ask because its now apparent that NATO is increasing their presence in east Europe due to Russia. So important flight updates are now common place and I don't want to keep re-inventing the wheel.

Thoughts / comments / opinions.

I'm so appreciative of the effort you put into this thread every day that I don't think it will ever be up to anyone else whether the flight tracker posts are still worth your time.

It's entirely your decision IMO.

I do scan these posts every day for anything unusual, but I agree that 'unusual' has been pretty rare for quite a while now.

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Good to see what is going on in the skies.

Did you see this from a few days ago ?

Denmark and Sweden have summoned Russia’s envoys after a Russian spy plane allegedly violated their airspace.
Both Denmark and Sweden authorities reported that a Russian plane entered Danish airspace on Friday evening — east of the Danish Baltic island of Bornholm — and then entered the Swedish airspace.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: baggy7981
"We hope that at the end of this that #Ukraine will be a sovereign state with a functioning government that can protect its territory, just like the one we installed back in 2014" per @SecDef

Is this fake quote day again already?

"I intend to invade Poland and Finland next because I want their land and they hurt my feelz" per @MadVlad

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I had heard about Russia violation Swedish airspace but not Denmark's. I am of the opinion that intentional airspace violations by Russian military aircraft should be met with force. Either air to air or air defense missiles. Ive noticed that Putin only responds to equal threats of force.

Russia had a drone that violated Polands airspace and the drone was shot down.

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I am of the opinion that intentional airspace violations by Russian military aircraft should be met with force.

I agree.

My solution would be to " jam " the aircraft electronics to make then unflyable. This could be classed as an " accident " without Russia stating they had been fired on.

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I think if they violate sovereign airspace it should be known who and why the aircraft was shot down. Even the slight airspace violation of Turkish airspace by Russia we saw the plane was shot down. As pissy as Russia got they didnt have a leg to stand on with the international community and iirc there were no more Turkish airspace violations by Russia.

top topics

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join