It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Again with the UK forces operating inside Ukraine nonsense?

Does this report have anything to do with the 3 Star General that russia lied about capturing in Ukraine?

Or the NATO forces russian propagandists have long claimed were fighting in Marioupol?

Or the russian lies about nazi weapons labs and bio drones.

Or the secret nuke factory under Cherynobol?

Or the Isreali nukes secretly installed in Kherson?

Or the absurd claims that Ukraine poisoned the russian envoy?

It's hard to keep up with all your absurd russian propaganda.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Grimpachi is a Russian troll that feeds on you guys to reply to him for his ego. Ignore him and he will go away. Reply to him and you just continue to feed his dribble.

Regardless of which side you are on. We deny ignorance and favor facts.....regardless of outcome.

Keep the thread in this direction!
edit on 5/2/2022 by Sthrndream because: misspellings

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 09:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The first few minutes of this episode contains some significant developments that non regular viewers will likely be interested in, I highly recommend watching this one even if not normally interested in his analysis.

Not a lot of military developments today though.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

I know you know this, however this war is going to rage for a long long time! Battle of battles!

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sthrndream

Says someone whos contributed almost nothing over the years?

Please.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:09 PM
link   

The videos he posts are from a youtube account with the name Grim. I have asked him several times now if it is his youtube account and he has yet to answer.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:41 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sthrndream

I know you know this, however this war is going to rage for a long long time! Battle of battles!

I'm kinda known in some circles for making absolutely crazy (at the time) predictions and almost always coming remarkably close to being accurate, and I honestly don't have any idea how this war will play out.

Too many determined sides acting too unpredictably and way too many potential wildcards for predictions this time.

Did anyone here REALLY think putin was reckless enough to commit national suicide on Feb 23?

I didn't, and loudly said so.

Both then, and long before then.

I was wrong.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The videos he posts are from a youtube account with the name Grim. I have asked him several times now if it is his youtube account and he has yet to answer.

I've long suspected the same thing from his posts, without even knowing about the youtube account name.

It became especially suspicious when beforeitsnews suddenly removed a bunch of his more recent videos immediately after my first few posts on the subject here.

edit on 2-5-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 11:42 PM
link   
* - Kharkiv, Kharkivska Oblast(06:27). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Donetsk Oblast(06:23). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - 2 civilians wounded as result of Russian army shelling of Barvinkove. Significant damage in Fesky village of Zolochiv community

* - US warns China it will be subject to sanctions if it would send weapons to Russia

* - Bridge blown up between Lyman and Sloviansk

* - 13y.o. child killed, 17y.o. girl wounded among casualties of Russian missile strike in Odesa

* - Reportedly air defense engaging aerial targets over Ochakiv in Mykolaiv region

* - Big smoke column visible over Azovstal

* - The President of Ukraine Zelensky met with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Denmark Jeppe Kofod

* - There are dead and wounded as result of Russian missile strike in Odesa - head of regional administration

* - Russia has launched nearly 2,125 missiles into Ukraine in 68 days of war, no major change from yesterday: senior US defense official That's just over 30 missile launches in 24 hours. Russia's focus is on isolating Ukrainian troops in the Donbas and besieged city of Mariupol

* - Russians not holding gains in Donbas - "They'll move in, declare victory and then pull out, allowing the Ukrainians to take it back" per a senior US defense official. Says Russian forces appear risk, casualty averse and "anemic"

* - General Valery Gerasimov, chief of staff of the Russian military was recently in Ukraine, says senior US defense official. "We know he was in Donbas for several days beginning last week. We don't know if he is still there," the official said. -

* - Big explosions in Odesa, reportedly infrastructure object damages

* - In the Kharkiv region, three people were killed and eight were injured as result of Russian shelling

* - Shelling in Kharkiv

* - Russian army continues shelling of residential areas of Popasna

* - German Chancellor: Russia's brutal attacks on civilians in Ukraine revealed the extent of Moscow's violation of the United Nations Charter

As a reminder

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

Resources - Where most of the updates come from.
* - Flightradar24 - tracks flights worldwide
* - Live Ukraine control map 1 - updates on the ground
* - Ukraine Control Map 2
* - Ship radar
* - Military vessel tracker
* - Institute for the Study of War (ISW)
* - Stopfake - Site dedicated to countering Russian propaganda about Ukraine

Youtube resources -
* - Speak the Truth
* - War in Ukraine
* - Artur Rehi - Estonain soldier
* - Daily Report

Social media resources -
* - Twitter - Jomini of the West - Battlefield Maps

edit on 2-5-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 11:49 PM
link   
* - The US Embassy in Ukraine announces that its staff hopes to return to Kyiv by the end of May

* - Russian drone shot down over Black Sea near Odesa today at about 13:23

* - Explosions again audible in Odesa, no alert sounded

* - Security services foiled Russian attempt to destabilize situation in Odesa. 12 suspected saboteurs detained, weapons and ammunition seized. Also 2 person connected to former MP Ilya Kiva detained

* - New Russian missile strike at the bridge over Dnistrovsky Lyman in Odesa region

* - Ukrainian military hit Russian positions near Sulyhivka village near Izyum in Kharkiv region

* - Explosions reported near Odesa

* - Russian missiles hit near pig farm in Synelnykove district of Dnipropetrovsk region

* - Reports of explosion near Kherson

* - Israeli FM Yair Lapid rails against Russian FM Lavrov's claim Hitler had "Jewish blood." "His remarks were unforgivable and ludicrous, and a grave historical inaccuracy. The Jews did not murder themselves in the Holocaust"

* - Israeli Foreign Minister Lapid: "Foreign Minister Lavrov's remarks are both an unforgivable and scandalous statement and a terrible historical error. The Jews did not murder themselves in the Holocaust. The lowest level of racism against the Jews is to accuse the Jews themselves of anti-Semitism"

* - Russian artillery deployed in Enerhodar shelled Ukrainian positions elsewhere overnight

* - Russian ambassador to Israel has been summoned to the Israeli Foreign Ministry after the anti-Semitic statement of the Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov that "Hitler had Jewish blood"

* - Ukrainian Bairaktar TB2 drones destroyed 2 Russian project 03160 Raptor fastboats near Zmiiny island

* - 3 killed, 3 wounded as result of Russian shelling in last 24 hours in Luhansk region

* - 2 Russian missiles hit Mezhova district in Dnipropetrovsk region

As a reminder

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

Resources - Where most of the updates come from.
* - Flightradar24 - tracks flights worldwide
* - Live Ukraine control map 1 - updates on the ground
* - Ukraine Control Map 2
* - Ship radar
* - Military vessel tracker
* - Institute for the Study of War (ISW)
* - Stopfake - Site dedicated to countering Russian propaganda about Ukraine

Youtube resources -
* - Speak the Truth
* - War in Ukraine
* - Artur Rehi - Estonain soldier
* - Daily Report

Social media resources -
* - Twitter - Jomini of the West - Battlefield Maps

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

* - US warns China it will be subject to sanctions if it would send weapons to Russia

Interesting.

Ill keep an eye on that tidbit. Source is a tweet, nothing else.

Did a cursory search trying to find some meat but nothing yet.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Please.

Quantity isn't a measure of quality.

"Please."

Cheers

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

originally posted by: JinMI

Please.

Quantity isn't a measure of quality.

"Please."

Cheers

Indeed.

However quanity*quality is.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Little activity indeed other than some artillery fire.

Russian attack in the Donbas is momentarily halted; ISW thinks this may be fallout from the artillery strike that (reportedly) wounded Gerasimov.

Taken with Xcathdra's comment above about the Russians giving up ground they've taken ... does not paint a picture of good morale among the Russian military in Ukraine.

I wonder if we'll see long haired guys in Moscow smoking weed and chanting, "Hell NO we won't go!"

Cheers

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Was this the "NATO 3-star" who was in Mariupol?

Cheers

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I love how much this guy has improved his analysis and presentation over the course of the war, he's getting pretty good at both.

I hope he makes a real international career out of it, he has a long way to go, but the rate of improvement over the last couple months has really impressed me.

Though I personally still prefer ISW and Speak The Truth.

In this episode he analyzed some of the strengths and weaknesses of both sides, with a small focus on artillery, and I think he gets it mostly right, on a subject few seem to understand.

This is now an artillery war, and russia has/had a massively overwhelming advantage over Ukraine in this area.

One thing he overlooked however, was the incredibly significant range and accuracy difference in the artillery we just sent Ukraine, and that Ukraine is training on right now.

I suggest that anyone interested watch the first half of this episode for the analysis, and then add to it that we just sent artillery with a 15 mile, yes, 15 mile range advantage over anything the russians have, with a reputation for near 100% first round direct hits.

While our friends down under just sent some of the best light weight recon vehicles available anywhere in the world, and our UK friends sent longer range lightweight drones with multiple precision artillery targeting capabilities.

It seems impossible, but if the above arrive in time, and in sufficient numbers, this is the EXACT set of tools (along with what they already have) necessary to push russia out of Ukraine (still not enough to take Crimea though).

Seriously.

edit on 3-5-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

It's not going well for Russia near Kharkiv either. Ukraine counter attacks have now pushed Russian forces back by 25km (roughly 15 miles) and have retaken several villages/towns.

Lavrov stated that their is no time frame on the special operation(war) so im guessing things are not going as planned for Russia. The attempts at breakthroughs of Ukraine positions have not gone well either.

All that is left for Putin is to use WMD's or change the special operation over to a full war, where they can activate conscripts / full mobilization.

My feeling is he will go with option 2. Anything else will most likely expand the war with NATO getting involved, at which point Putin will not be able to salvage his plans for a USSR 2.0

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I wouldn't know, but I always figured it was either Elmer Fudd in disguise or just the daydreams of those Wiley Coyote russian propagandists that push this and other nonsense here every day.

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join