It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saving UKRAINE is NOT Worth a War Between the USA and RUSSIA.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dontneedaname

Ukraine is nearly as corrupt of a country as Russia.

Yeah, but it's the only corrupt nation on Earth that has really been doing much to fight it.

If they succeed, they could become a roadmap for other countries to follow, like Mexico.

Wouldn't it be nice if, instead of Mexican people always coming up here, Mexico became a nice enough place that Americans would also be wanting to move down there?

True Size of UKRAINE - relative to any other nation. Ukraine is roughly the size of Texas, 10% smaller or so.

thetruesize.com...#?borders=1~!MTY0NDMzNDM.NzY1MzEyNQ*MjY4NTk1NTE(MTU4Mzc5~!UA*OTEwMzMyNA.MTQ0MDExMTc)Mw

And about 44 million people. Roughly 1/8 the population of the USA.

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: The2Billies
Unfortunately, I agree with you.

Putin has said he is very willing to use nuclear weapons. He has always been a man of his word and I don't expect he is bluffing now.

The US getting involved would mean a nuclear war, and not just in Europe. Russia has missiles that can deliver nuclear warheads on US soil.

Nuclear war means the rapid depopulation greatly desired by TPTB. Which may be why there is a push for the US to get involved.

A nuclear war means nuclear winter in which the survivors will starve because crops can't grow during a nuclear winter, at least not enough to do anything but keep a few (the rich and powerful who want this war) from starving to death.

What TPTB haven't considered is that while they hunker down in their luxury bunkers, all the support systems for a good life will disappear and there will be no one left to keep electricity going or airplanes fixed, or their precious electric cars manufactured. For while the leftovers of technology will last, but soon die off and the earth regress to close to stone age with the "servants" of the rich abandoning them to survive on their own by scratching the ground. Leaving even the most rich and powerful families on the earth scratching the earth stone age style and barely surviving - that is if humanity doesn't go extinct entirely because the rich and powerful don't know how to live without servants.

3/23/2022

Do you think it was a low-blow for Ukraine President Zelenskyy to tell Japan's Parliament/Congress today that he's afraid Russia will do to Ukraine what the United States did to Japan in 1945??

(Two nuclear bombs exploded...massive destruction...war crimes on steroids)

Zelenskyy addresses Japan's Parliament: www.japantimes.co.jp...

Have a look at Mariupol

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 03:09 AM
link   

edit on 3/24/22 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

Ukraine is nearly as corrupt of a country as Russia.

Yeah, but it's the only corrupt nation on Earth that has really been doing much to fight it.

Have a look at Mariupol

I think you just pulled that out of thin air. Now you sound like a totally biased cheerleader. Ukraine the only nation trying to fight corruption. Spare me.

As for destruction...sometimes MENTAL lies become PHYSICAL actions.

Has there ever been a war, without a WAR of WORDS?

I'm not saying what Russia is doing is just, but there's also quite a bit of history here that MSM tries to hide.

Like this.

There are things that certain groups in the USA are doing right now that are not "just." either. They aren't killing people on the street...but they still kill/harm indirectly. When darkness comes for them, I will shed no tears.

Like I said, "non-violent" actions sometimes leads to other "violence."

This whole "non-violence" mantra is fraudulent.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   

There are things that certain groups in the USA are doing right now that are not "just." either. They aren't killing people on the street...but they still kill/harm indirectly. When darkness comes for them, I will shed no tears.

Like I said, "non-violent" actions sometimes leads to other "violence."

This whole "non-violence" mantra is fraudulent.

I'll add these groups would be considered "respectable businessmen and women" in the USA. You might even find some of them on a Forbes list. They may even give to many charities to appear "good."

In due time, the tables will be turned. The LIARS will be brought out from the darkness.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Sick of hearing about ukraine. Let Putin have that country.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Sick of hearing about ukraine.

Don't listen then.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Me too.

No choice at the moment, the madman in russia invaded a large European country.

Polling is actually improving for us while we mostly sit on the sidelines politically just watching the democrat's slow motion implosion and the war shouldn't last too long, so I suggest taking a few extra deep breaths every day while reloading for when russia retreats back to russia.

edit on 29-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

Me too.

No choice at the moment, the madman in russia invaded a large European country.

Polling is actually improving for us while we mostly sit on the sidelines politically just watching the democrat's slow motion implosion and the war shouldn't last too long, so I suggest taking a few extra deep breaths every day while reloading for when russia retreats back to russia.

The problem that keeps being glossed over is that Russia launched an unprovoked and unjustified attack on Ukraine. Except it's actually a retaliation against decades of prejudice and bullying. Ukraine itself is something of a "traitor nation" that allied itself with the more pretentious and exploitative agencies of the modern geopolitical chess board in direct opposition to the motherland, which has the tone of adding insult to injury. Quite difficult to be mad at that without also being mad at the leaders of the free world for being scam artists and hypocrites.

edit on 30-3-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Don't listen then.

You're too funny. There are cars driving around Chicago with Ukraine Flags attached and big signs in the windows, "Help Ukraine! Text "Take My Money" to 99999."

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   
4-5-2022

How long will the U.S. Media be able to keep Americans disgusted over atrocities that occur in every war?

It's amazing how hard they're trying. The U.S. National Security Adviser says it will be many months before "war crimes" are officially determined to have occurred, or not occurred.

Since Russia has not used Biological, Chemical, or mini-Nukes in Ukraine, Zelenskyy, along with the media/military "experts" (especially FoxNews), are now grasping at straws to get some type of military action taken against Putin/Russia.

What will they do next, since they're so determined to get a larger war started?

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Ignore them and don't send any money.
Its really not that hard.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Ignore them and don't send any money.
Its really not that hard.

When it's your own nation's government using tax dollars they extorted from you to fund Ukraine, it really is not that easy.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

He was complaining that he is 'sick of hearing about Ukraine'....I advised him not to listen.
Turn the TV and radio off.
Stop reading - and posting in - Ukraine themed threads on ATS.

Your government has spent far, far more on far, far, worse things....and barely a peep out of people.

Just an observation.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Your government has spent far, far more on far, far, worse things....and barely a peep out of people.

Just an observation.

"My" government has done far, far worse than what Russia is accused of doing in Ukraine (let alone what they've actually done there)... and barely a peep out of people. Now, you can call that a whataboutism, but it is being presented as a counter to your whataboutism.

Bottom line, "If you don't like something your government is doing, ignore it" is a pretty damn stupid sentiment and, dare I say it, a slap in the face of the concept of democracy... particularly ironic as "defense of democracy" seems to be the driving excuse for western involvement in the Ukraine to begin with.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   

We go after our own government pretty damn hard when people misbehave, and they have never done anything even remotely similar to what russia is doing.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

The bullying was from russia all those years, russia had no right to take Ukrainian land.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

We go after our own government pretty damn hard when people misbehave, and they have never done anything even remotely similar to what russia is doing.

Civilians in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen, Somalia, not to mention Vietnam and Korea would say your words are hollow and disingenuous. Just in the Middle East alone over the past 20 years US military has 387,000 confirmed civilian kills and is responsible for displacing 40 million civilians who became refugees. Our actions in Iraq lead to destruction of cities and the destruction and looting of antiquities at magnitudes unseen in the world since Hitler's sacking of Europe and North Africa.

"We" don't go after jack # where the US government is concerned, friend. Name one effing sanction that has ever been placed on the US following commission of a war crime or atrocity. I'll wait for you to prepare that robust list of international actions against this nation.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Yes, it was a 'whataboutism'...but it seemed appropriate.

I'm not saying ignore it per se, just that member whinging about him being 'sick of hearing about Ukraine'.
Ok then, so don't listen to anything about it.

I get sick of all the Biden threads, so I stop reading them.
Did the same with all the Trump threads and the Obama threads back in the day.
Never whinged about it just stopped reading them for a while.

But the member in question not only continues reading them but also posts in them and even starts new threads on events in Ukraine....yet he's 'sick of hearing about Ukraine'?

I've never said people should ignore it if yours or my government are doing something I/we don't like.
You putting words into my mouth,
Never meant that, never implied that.
Shout it from the mountain tops if that's how you feel.

Just passing comment on the irony of that particular member moaning about him being 'sick of hearing about Ukraine'.

You seem intent on making an issue out of nothing.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Fair

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 08:09 PM
link   

EVERY soldier caught being involved in such things was severely punished, including a general who allowed a couple fairly minor incidents to occur many levels below her command without knowing.

We do not do the things russia is doing, including the indiscriminate bombing of entire cities.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join