It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UKRAINE/RUSSIA WAR - looks like it’s started

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It's definitely a quandary. No sane person wants nukes in their country, but no intelligent person would guarantee that someone like Putin won't come along and take advantage of that opening. We're basically doomed to go through this terror every other generation or so, unless ET lands and decommissions every nuke simultaneously and can prevent the manufacture of new ones.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

It was the United States that interrupted the process of nuclear disarmament at the beginning of the 21st century, unilaterally breaking a number of strategic agreements.

UPD
And the United States is deploying nuclear weapons in Europe on the territory of NATO countries, not Russia in Canada and Mexico.
But Putin is to blame)))
edit on 1-3-2022 by BZiker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BZiker

Would Putin have invaded if Ukraine had nukes?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: saadad

According to international law, "sanctions" and "embargoes" can be imposed only by a decision of the UN General Assembly or the UN Security Council. Any other unilateral restrictions (this is no longer called sanctions by lawyers) in a number of cases are an act of aggression. In addition, the introduction of such restrictions between WTO members (and Russia is a WTO member) is a violation if it was not sanctioned by the UN. After the relevant judicial process determined by the WTO rules, the one who introduces such restrictions compensates the victim for losses from such unfair competition.

Unexpectedly, yes?
You don't need to believe me. Check it out.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Do you really want to live in a world where Ukrainian neo-Nazis own atomic weapons and threaten Russia with them?
Or would the appearance of nuclear weapons immediately turn these neo-Nazis into children of flowers?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Look mate, I could go on and give you a history lesson....but what's the point?

Like the vast majority of people I know in lots of different towns, cities and countries I really couldn't give a toss about Russia. Its irrelevant to me and has absolutely no bearing on me or my life.
We have no designs on your country or its assets.

Just get on with your lives and we'll get on with ours.
If our paths cross we'll share a few drinks, have a few laughs then go our separate ways with some fond shared memories of happy times.

But that's impossible when you have a raving #ing lunatic invading countries, threatening places with nuclear bombs and basically being a #ing bully leading your country.
Do the world a favour and get rid of the madman and then we can go on living, loving and laughing in some semblance of normal and respectful behaviour.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I think when you sort out your crazy people who didn't cover up the best military industry project in history, I'm talking about NATO. Support for the vigorous actions of our Government will come to naught. And then what you don't like will no longer be there.
It's a good deal-don't you think?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:22 AM
link   
youtu.be...

An American is stuck in Kiev and sharing his fears

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:28 AM
link   

We need a strong NATO....just as we need a strong Russia.
As our American members keep on saying, "Checks and Balances".

What we don't need are the idiots and madmen running our countries.
We normally keep them in check, within reason....but Putin is extra special MAD, all this talk and suggestions of nuclear weapons is by definition MENTAL.

We have far more in common that we have which divides us....maybe its time we started concentrating on that?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
We have far more in common that we have which divides us....maybe its time we started concentrating on that?

I couldn't agree more.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BZiker
a reply to: IAMTAT

And yet this is an unofficial reference. The site that I gave you above is a generally recognized official source of data on shipowners. I can pay for a subscription and take a screenshot of the page for you, but I'm afraid I'll be accused of using Photoshop. I'm afraid that in order to get objective data on the owner of the vessel and not rely on unreasonable trust in me, you will have to find a way to study this information yourself.

We'll agree to disagree on Putin having obscene wealth, then.

I assume the banks which are currently sanctioning Putin's accounts are well aware (in detail) that there is much available to make personal sanctions against Putin worth applying.

If Putin makes only $150K per year., as advertised...I wouldn't see them bothering.

That said, I have no doubt that Putin will eventually take Ukraine as planned.
The cost all around will be higher than anyone anticipates.

When images of thousands of dead valiant Ukrainian civilians begin regularly hitting the nightly news from the siege of Kyiv...Mr. Putin (and Russia) will become the new Hitler in the eyes of the world.

Make no mistake, Ukraine's PR machine...as well as international media, will use these images to maximum propaganda effect.

The ballyhoo boys in the world PRESS are salivating in anticipation of those photos of dead Ukrainian babies and Catholic churches and schools reduced to smoldering rubble.

Even China will have to publicly keep Russia at arm's length for the sake of its own reputation in the world...as nobody wants to be seen as collaborating with the new Hitler.

In the end, China, not NATO or the US, will bring about Russia's ultimate downfall.
China wants your land and China wants your resources.
China does not want your people.

China will welcome you as a friend and as an equal...until they decide it's time to take you over...in the same manner as Russia is now taking Ukraine.

This is what the world propaganda machine has in store for Putin...and, by extension, Russia...should Kyiv likely devolve into a bloodbath.

Zelensky and Ukraine will be called heroic and magnificent...if only posthumously.
Russia will become an international pariah for the foreseeable future...and beyond.

I do not wish this for Russia.
Russia deserves much better than what is rushing towards it at this moment.
edit on 1-3-2022 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   
seems like RT is now blocked on youtube in the Uk
need to connect to a VPN to watch it on youtube

the UK government must have done this , but I thought only China and DPRK do this type of stuff

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

I recently watch the Chicago worlds fair 1893 narrated by Gene Wilder

and it seems humanity can indeed work together, we just need a common interest and also to respect one another but I think that can only happen when we balance the worlds resources fairly for all

we need to root out these self interest groups and also stop the control of special interest groups on our resources and manpower

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

youtu.be...

An American is stuck in Kiev and sharing his fears

The guy is pretentious and too full of himself...so I don't like him because he reminds me of myself.

What he says, on the other hand, makes complete sense and I can't argue with most of it.

I've stated on these threads that Kyiv was to be a siege and a giant bargaining chip for Putin.
(BTW: Taking Chernobyl is the key to controlling Kyiv's water supply during the siege).

I've also stated that the Ukrainian government is corrupt as hell.
I've also never doubted that Russia would be successful in taking Ukraine.

All said...every battle plan, however intricate and brilliant, falls apart after the very first shot is fired.

I'm sure Putin has learned all about the 'Siege of Leningrad'...and wouldn't want to see history repeated.

My points above (my last post) will turn out to be prophetic.
Unfortunately.

See how pretentious that sounds

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So...just saw this on FOX Kyron:

PUTIN BOMBS HOLOCAUST MEMORIAL

Imagine that.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Not in favour of banning RT.

Let everyone have a laugh at their utter bs, I say.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

the UK government must have done this , but I thought only China and DPRK do this type of stuff

The networks themselves are doing this globally.

Takes a while.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Do you really want to live in a world where Ukrainian neo-Nazis own atomic weapons and threaten Russia with them?
Or would the appearance of nuclear weapons immediately turn these neo-Nazis into children of flowers?

Dodging the question, hey?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   

You are just fine with Putin attacking the Ukraine whenever he sees fit, but we should take pause at a hypothetical threatening of Russia by the Ukraine? Just like western liberals, anyone you disagree with is a Nazi.
Something comical for you- Stalin played nice with Hitler so Hitler could do the heavy lifting and Russia could swoop in and take Europe from an over extended Germany... now we have China waiting for Putin to do the heavy lifting. Does Putin invade China next?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

They dont want to see the footages of what is actual happening in Ukraine.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join