It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UKRAINE/RUSSIA WAR - looks like it’s started

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if it was a mistake for the US to promote a Deputy Mayor of St. Petersburg to President of Russia.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:32 AM
link   
If Russians can say how are sanctions? Ruble heading to zero while companies are forced to hold ruble.

If we have some economy expert here, how can some company buy parts that they need for their business from other countries while holding ruble? Meaning that this spare parts are multiplying their costs everyday, how can they survive that?

Other thing i would like to know is how some Russians, celebrities, athlete's who compete world wide don't see that they actions made whole world turn against them. I know majority Russians from world know this and most are against Pootin and his war.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: saadad

3rd party nation i'm guessing

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Russia had been preparing for this.

Other thing i would like to know is how some Russians, celebrities, athlete's who compete world wide don't see that they actions made whole world turn against them. I know majority Russians from world know this and most are against Pootin and his war.

Even if Russia took no action they would still be agaisnt them. They already banned Russia in the Olympics.

this and most are against Pootin and his war.

Medvedev was hated before the conflict with the booing.
edit on 1-3-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

Russia had been preparing for this.

Even if Russia took no action they would turn agaisnt them. They already banned Russia in the Olympics.

Not very well it appears.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u
I am sure Soros agrees with you.
edit on 1-3-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: PatriotGames4u
I am sure Soros agrees with you.

Why won't you take that evil [ ... ] back?

We don't want him.

Our laws don't allow us to kill him.

Please take him back.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SentientBunnySuit
Sometimes I wonder if it was a mistake for the US to promote a Deputy Mayor of St. Petersburg to President of Russia.

Perhaps.

But we KNOW it was a bad idea to invade Ukraine over Feelz and greed.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:12 AM
link   
What is the his guy talking about? They have prepare for it, i want someone to explain to me how can you prepare for domestic currency dropping everyday 20% and you are not allowed to hold foreign currency and crypto.

I bet Pootin holds dolara and those plebs hold ruble, haha, only that says all about regiment in the Russia.

Those oligarchs are loosing millions of dollars, now imagine if your business start loosing 20% everyday, how long that will last.

At the end of war a poor American with few bucks in his pockets could live like a lord in Russia while Russian would not be able to buy bus ticket to Kiev with it's whole salary...

So how can you prepare for that? You bought food supply's that will last for years?

That what would I do, i would spend all ruble for food, medicine and other stuff needed to survive and store it. Because if this does not end soon famine is coming in Russia and then major problem will not be Ukraine but a starving zombie neighbor who will do anything to get food.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

And yet this is an unofficial reference. The site that I gave you above is a generally recognized official source of data on shipowners. I can pay for a subscription and take a screenshot of the page for you, but I'm afraid I'll be accused of using Photoshop. I'm afraid that in order to get objective data on the owner of the vessel and not rely on unreasonable trust in me, you will have to find a way to study this information yourself.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I read the comments for the day and suddenly realized what the main mistake or misunderstanding between Western people (and politicians) and Russians is.
For some reason, you are sure that the Russians will rise up because of economic problems, or for some other reason. Many believe that Putin is some kind of madman or dictator. And with this name - dictator - you are trying to explain to yourself the reason that the Russians did not rise up and overthrow him. do you imagine total control, surveillance by special services, intimidated people, or some even consider us people affected by slave psychology.

But Russians perceive it differently.
It's all about our history and the environment in which our culture and worldview were formed.
Our neighbors have been attacking us all our history. They burned our cities and took people into slavery.
And we fought back pretty well. Until we had a period of feudal fragmentation. At that moment, Genghis Khan's troops captured almost all the ancient Russian cities.Later, the release was worth a colossal effort.

The main thing that was fixed in our culture at that time was that everyone should unite before the threat. Otherwise, death. Harsh nature has always contributed to this approach. Long distances, cold climate. Collectivism is from here.
At the same time, there was a strong belief that by uniting we are able to overcome threats and promote technological breakthroughs.
In the future, this approach has been tested many times in the case. And each time, cohesion became the key to success. Overall success. And internal disputes led to defeats.

The second factor is a continuation of the first. Constant attacks by neighbors, as well as the need for offensive operations to bring the border to natural barriers convenient for protection (rivers, coasts, mountains, etc.). Pleased with the concept of "the people and the army are one." Yes, it's a slogan. But he quite describes the essence. Our people believe their army as themselves. Even during the Chechen wars of the 90s, when the Russian media, completely controlled by Western corporations, watered our army fighting in Chechnya - this caused only anger and the formation of a simple stereotype among the majority of the population - "the media are traitors." I can also note that at that moment many considered Yeltsin a traitor, or just an idiot (he was our president), but this did not reduce the support of the army.
This concept is a willingness to rally in the face of a threat, and if necessary, to join the ranks of the belligerent army and displace "submission" and "slavery".
This is the discipline of people who are beginning to realize an external threat. The discipline is close to military, but completely voluntary. And your politicians, putting pressure on Russia and threatening us, are not threatening Putin.We don't take it that way. Most perceive this as a threat to themselves and their family, their lives.
And the very existence of NATO, as well as the fact that over the past 300 years only the West has attacked us (plus Japan in agreement with the European powers). This is perceived by most Russians as an absolutely real threat to the future of their children. Especially after the experience of openness of the 90s. Propaganda has nothing to do with it - after the Soviet era, we do not believe propaganda. The whole point is historical experience and the fact that most Russians understand this.
This applies even to oligarchs. They suddenly realized that without their own state capable of protecting them, and the people from whom they have yet to earn support, they will simply be robbed by Western countries.

And the more they put pressure on us and denigrate us, the faster we mobilize. You are pushing us to rally around the leader.
And as for sanctions... I repeat - Russia has been living under sanctions for 300 years, but for some reason you are still afraid of us. For 300 years, your politicians have not become wiser.
From Russia with love)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BZiker

No-one here is scared or 'afraid' of Russia and its people.

Maybe frustrated and annoyed at your subservience to a #ing lunatic like Putin and his insane drive for personal glorification and your inexcusable reluctance to remove him from power....but certainly not 'afraid'.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

who's scared ae that baldy wee fat prick , my da would give him a run for his money

what we are scared of is one #in idiot with the power to annihilate the earth , no one should be allowed to weild that power no one
not putin , not biden , not johnson , macron , etc

yet here we are , we all sit here letting our money be spent on weapons to annilhilate each other
none of us want that , yet it exists because we allow it to happen.

Maybe instead of being ruled by complete #ing nutjobs we remove them all from power

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:59 AM
link   
there is no #ing way , we as the majority of peace loving humans on earth should allow these assholes to continue ruling our lives with fear and manipulation

enough is enough already

People of the world Unite

lets kick these #s to the sidelines once and for all
Im fed up with authoritarian assholes from every corner of the globe orchestrating our lives

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I feel sorry for them. Especially those young soldiers that are send to Ukraine to die for nothing.

If western world believes that Russian people are fanatics they would already act. I am from Slavic country and i know both sides and they can't even compare.

But i am not fanatic and my main purpose is my family. If we have Pootin in my country he will long be gone with news that he committed suicide we all would know it is not true.

Also maybe moderators should ban this Russian trolls trying to spread their war propaganda. I mean if world can kick them from all events then ATS could clean these obvious trolls.
edit on 1-3-2022 by saadad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

If any of those presidents you mentioned start talking about nuking the world they be gone one way or other. In Russia they have Pootin who is their God, 20 years dictatorship, you can't remove that unless one of them finds big balls.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:23 AM
link   

I have nothing against Russian people.
I've met quite a few over the years, they have the same cares and concerns as all of us and just want to go about living their lives the best they can, again, pretty much the same as all of us.
They like a drink and a laugh, good points in my book.
But they do seem to be afflicted by a herd-like-mentality more than most and prone to subservient acquiescence.

Its a shame.

I think Putin would have been off'd one way or another in most countries by now.
I don't think Russians have the balls to do it....and the rest of the world have to suffer because of it.

I feel a bit sorry for the conscript soldiers.
It seems they don't know where they are at or why they are fighting....apparently they've been told they would be welcomed by Ukrainians - incredibly gullible!

Not like the Russians I've met, proper tough people.
A bit of a contradiction.

I don't think ATS should ban the Russian trolls etc.
Its important we get an alternative viewpoint....and an insight into their reasoning etc.
And I like RT.....but he seems to have gone missing, maybe awaiting orders and instructions?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I agree 100% mate.

But here's the thing....
if we unilaterally de-arm how vulnerable would that leave us to lunatics like Putin?
And as sad as it is, human nature being what it is, when we get rid of Putin as a threat it will only be a matter of time until another #ing psychopath comes to the fore.

Could you imagine what Putin would be doing now if he wasn't at least a little bit wary of NATO's response?

How can you negotiate and talk reason to a man who literally doesn't know how to fear?
"What is the world without Russia".

I don't have the answers mate...but I do know we don't seem to be learning from past mistakes and events.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Genghis Khan's heirs were not afraid of the Russians. The Crusaders were not afraid of the Russians. The Turks were not afraid of the Russians. Napoleon was not afraid of the Russians. Hitler was not afraid of the Russians. They were all stronger than us.And everyone considered themselves smarter and stronger than the previous one in this row. History teaches that no one teaches it.
Looks like you're in bad company.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join