It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: YongpengSuen
a reply to: Xcathdra

Kuril islands are heavily defended by the powerful Chinese military. Kaliningrad has nukes for defense.

The Kuril islands are under Russian control after they illegally annexed them from Japan. China never had anything to do with them. Kaliningrad was illegally annexed by Russia and it belonged to Germany.

Please, learn history and stop with your love fest of China.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Japan is arch enemy of China. China will never allow Japan to take Kuril islands from Russia. Chinese military there is quite powerful armed with J-20 fighter jets and Type 055 destroyers.

Edit. Also, Germany never claims Kaliningrad as German territory. They also signed a treaty which does not allow them to claim former West Prussia and East Prussia.
edit on 25-2-2022 by YongpengSuen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
People are fighting back like crazy in the capital city of Ukraine this morning.

The amount of gunfire is louder and more frequent than a Fourth of July fireworks display.

Where? I can't seem to find anything that looks like this is a real war. I see the news repeating the same video over and over again. Maybe I'm just bad at searching lately. I feel like this is to draw our attention away from something else.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Ukrainian President Zelenskiy turns down U.S. request to evacuate Kyiv, saying: "I need ammunition, not a ride"
Bravo, Are you sure Ukraine needs more brass?

Reports of two Il-76 transports downed near kiev

edit on pmFridayFriday21000000002pm2 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 10:57 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Vladimir Putin's rumoured goddaughter and several leading Russian celebs have led a public outcry against their nation's invasion of Ukraine. The Ukrainian army was this afternoon fighting in almost every region of the country, battling the Russians for control of military bases, airports, cities and ports after an early-hours barrage of cruise missiles and guided bombs targeting ammo dumps and radar arrays. By Thursday afternoon, battles were ongoing in Kiev, along the northern border with Belarus, in Luhansk and Donetsk in the east and around Kherson, the Dneiper River, and the port cities of Odessa and Mariupol in the south.
so that is an interesting development if his "god daughter" and relative of one of his official spokesmen is tossing him under the bus

www.youtube.com... he seems off in this speech too

edit on 25-2-2022 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

Seriously? Look here liveuamap.com...

keep refreshing if it doesn't load the first time.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:00 PM
link   
bombardment in Kiev tonight

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: YongpengSuen
bombardment in Kiev tonight

twitter.com...

I've read reports that Ukraine blew the bridge, but I could be mistaken about this particular footage.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: majesticgent

Seriously? Look here liveuamap.com...

keep refreshing if it doesn't load the first time.

Still doesn't show me people dead or buildings destroyed. Plus that website isn't working well on my phone so I'll try my laptop.

My point is I'm watching Fox News and they're saying Russians are attacking from every direction and I don't see jack # happening.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Ukrainian President Zelenskiy turns down U.S. request to evacuate Kyiv, saying: "I need ammunition, not a ride"
Bravo, Are you sure Ukraine needs more brass?

Reports of two Il-76 transports downed near kiev

Russia still has more things (numbers) than Ukraine has the ability to destroy, but at least for now, putin has kept them on his side of the border.

We are doing a careful dance, trying to provide exactly what they need, exactly when they need it.

Enough to ensure Ukraine survives, but not so much that they have a lot left afterwards.

An almost impossible dance.

Extremely difficult to get it exactly right every day.

But necessary.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGoondockSaint
Still doesn't show me people dead or buildings destroyed.

That footage pops up from time to time, but I skip past it. Twitter is scrubbing it from their site.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: majesticgent

Electrical system is down in Kiev,so traffic cams are not streaming
though i'm not 100% sure
seams like the case
no back-up generators?
edit on pmFridayFriday21100000002pm2 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:15 PM
link   
antia reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Antiwar protests broke out in 50 cities across Russia, more than 1700 protestors were arrested.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:16 PM
link   
twitter.com... from one of the DUMA members admittedly one generally opposed to putin

“I believe the war must be immediately halted” - Communist Party State Duma deputy Mikhail Matveev becomes first Russian federal level lawmaker to oppose the Ukraine invasion. Quote Tweet Михаил Матвеев @tweet_matveev · 3h Считаю, что война должна быть немедленно прекращена. Голосуя за признание ДНР/ЛНР я голосовал за мир, а не за войну. За то, чтобы Россия стала щитом, чтобы не бомбили Донбасс, а не за то, чтобы бомбили Киев.
left the Russian and English versions up so if any one speaks russian here they can translate it

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: YongpengSuen

They do NOT and have NEVER belonged to China.

As for Germany - yes and it is theirs. Russia decided to annex it after WW2.

Again knock off the chinese bs. They had nothing to do with my op.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:18 PM
link   

There are a bunch of videos on tictoc however there content is not something that should be posted here.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: majesticgent

Electrical system is down in Kiev,so traffic cams are not streaming
though i'm not 100% sure
seams like the case
Though no back-up generators?

A few hours ago Russia engaged Ukrainian forces at one of the power stations for Kiev. Its possible it was captured or destroyed.

* - unrelated
The last update on Liveuamap is from 4 hours ago. I noticed the updates seem to come in in batches.
The last system check was at 23:25:09 CST
edit on 25-2-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

I am shocked it came from a member of the Communist party.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

I am shocked it came from a member of the Communist party.

Im not, to be honest.

He realizes that soon everyone, including him, will be starving and waiting in bread and borscht lines...unless it ends.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
antia reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Antiwar protests broke out in 50 cities across Russia, more than 1700 protestors were arrested.

As extremely shocking as this is, it's barely just begun.

Thank you for that confirmation of prediction from last night!

Unlikely to be all that successful (miracles do happen), but ABSOLUTELY necessary if we are to have any hope of russia backing off Ukraine.

Or preventing national suicide of Russia.

Couldn't be more Proud of Russian Patriots!

Staring down a tyrant.

Request:

Less fires please, they only make the task more difficult, and less likely to succeed.

Don't be democrats.

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join