It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: majesticgent
A residential skyscraper in Kyiv was hit by a cruise missile. Multiple reports and confirmation from the mayor. No reports on injuries or casualties.

6A Lobonovsky Avenue

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: majesticgent

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u
He was bluffing.

I thought the exact same back in December through January. I hope that was truly a bluff this time around.

He's a raging narcissist with napolean compex.

Only his survival matters to him in the end.

As long as we don't threaten that he won't blow up the planet.

edit on 26-2-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:30 AM
link   
flimsy reports of Russian forces capturing Mariupol
edit on amSaturdaySaturday20100000002am2 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:39 AM
link   
* - World 'must be prepared' for 'long' war in Ukraine: France's Macron

* - Ukrainian Defense Ministry: Moscow has begun moving its reserve units to our borders

* - Poland's govt spokesman: Today in Berlin Poland's PM @Morawieckim along with the Lithuanian president @GitanasNauseda will talk to German chancellor @OlafScholz. EU has to swiftly adopt a package of ruthless sanctions on Russia

* - "There's a lot of fake news online that I called on our army to lay down arms, & that there's evacuation. I'm here. We will defend our state" President Zelensky @AP reports, when asked to evacuate Kyiv by the US he replied: "I need ammunition, not a ride"

* - Video reportedly from this morning showing Russian Ka-52 and Mi/24/35M helicopters near Hostomel

* - Dawn breaks over Kyiv. New video shows a fire still burning from the battle that raged a few hours ago on Peremohy Avenue near the city zoo, where Ukraine's army claims they repelled a Russian assault

It is currently 01:45 AM central standard Time where I am at. That makes it 09:45 AM in Ukraine.

edit on 26-2-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:47 AM
link   
*According to Putin
A high-rise hit a cruise missile in Kiev
edit on amSaturdaySaturday20200000002am2 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
A high-rise hits a cruise missile in Kiev

High-rises can be launched at incoming missiles? j/k

I assume you mean a cruise missile hit a high-rise? Or does Ukraine have some new weapon designs based on residential buildings?

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It was a NATO plot to use that building to threaten a peaceful Russian cruise missile.

On a serious note. Poor people inside that building.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Flightradar24

* - DUKE38 - US UH-60M Sikorsky helicopter - over Poland heading East towards Ukraine.

* - Viper31 - US F-16 Over Hungary/Romania based out of Italy

An FYI - I am putting aircraft types. I use the free version which does not always show country of origin / nationality.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 01:58 AM
link   

on Peremohy Avenue near the city zoo

When I heard about that, I recalled reading how terribly the zoo animals in Berlin suffered in 1945.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

It was a NATO plot to use that building to threaten a peaceful Russian cruise missile.

On a serious note. Poor people inside that building.

Cheers

On a more serious note, why does Putin want to create millions of angry/enemy citizens inside Ukraine, during the process of replacing Zelensky, if that's his ultimate goal?

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:03 AM
link   
In a recent UN vote on “combating glorification of Nazism, neo-Nazism and other practices that contribute to fueling contemporary forms of racism,” the U.S. and Ukraine were the only two countries to vote no.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:06 AM
link   

See edit
Bookmark

link   
In Ukraine, the IMF had long planned to implement a series of economic reforms to make the country more attractive to investors. These included cutting wage controls (i.e., lowering wages), “reform[ing] and reduc[ing]” health and education sectors (which made up the bulk of employment in Ukraine), and cutting natural gas subsidies to Ukrainian citizens that made energy affordable to the general public. Coup plotters like U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland repeatedly stressed the need for the Ukrainian government to enact the “necessary” reforms.

In 2013, after early steps to integrate with the West, Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych turned against these changes and ended trade integration talks with the European Union. Months before his overthrow, he restarted economic negotiations with Russia, in a major snub to the Western economic sphere. By then, the nationalist protests were heating up that would go on to topple his government.

After the 2014 coup, the new government quickly restarted the EU deal. After cutting heating subsidies in half, it secured a $27 billion commitment from the IMF. The IMF’s goals still include “reducing the role of the state and vested interests in the economy” in order to attract more foreign capital.

link   
a reply to: carewemust

If I had to guess they(Putin) are punishing Ukraine (and its citizens) for not worshiping Putin.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

See edit
Bookmark

ahh.. Putins fault then - check

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:10 AM
link   
* - Bridge on M-06 highway Kyiv-Zhytomir near Stoyanka blown up

* - Minister of Energy: Ukrainian army is in full control over Kyiv hydro-power plant

* - British Armed Forces Minister: The Russians have not achieved their goals and Putin and those around him will be concerned

* - Zelensky says weapons en route to Ukraine after Macron call. Ukraine's President said that "the anti-war coalition is working"

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

If I had to guess they(Putin) are punishing Ukraine (and its citizens) for not worshiping Putin.

Putin will have a puppet take over Ukraine, with millions of enemies ready to assassinate that puppet, immediately.

It would have been better/smarter/cleaner to have Zelensky removed/replaced, without all the human suffering.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Putin will have a puppet take over Ukraine, with millions of enemies ready to assassinate that puppet, immediately.

It would have been better/smarter/cleaner to have Zelensky removed/replaced, without all the human suffering.

Agreed... but, if Ukraine is not his only goal (and I dont believe it is) his actions in Ukraine will serve as a warning to other countries that Putin wants to remain neutral / under his control via puppet. He already threatened Finland and Sweden within the last day, warning them of consequences if they join NATO.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:23 AM
link   
From what I’ve gleamed various assault points are using different markings , I’ve seen white circles , diagonal stripes and triangles

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ADUB77

Yeah there is a reason for that and, as always, it deals with Russia.

Jason Mack
Counselor
U.S. Mission to the United Nations
New York, New York
November 7, 2019

AS DELIVERED

Chair, today the United States expresses opposition to this resolution, a document most notable for its thinly veiled attempts to legitimize longstanding Russian disinformation narratives smearing neighboring nations under the cynical guise of halting Nazi glorification.

The United States, which together with our democratic Allies, made decisive contributions to the victory over Nazi Germany in 1945, condemns the glorification of Nazism and all modern forms of racism, xenophobia, discrimination, and related intolerance. We do so while maintaining our steadfast commitment to freedom of expression. In fighting against the murderous tyranny of Nazism, the United States also fought for the freedom and human rights of all – including the right to freedoms of expression, association and peaceful assembly.

The United States Supreme Court has affirmed the constitutional right to freedoms of expression, association and the right to peaceful assembly, including of self-avowed Nazis, whose hatred and xenophobia are widely derided by the American people. At the same time, we steadfastly defend the constitutional rights of those who exercise their rights to combat intolerance and express strong opposition to the odious Nazi creed and others who espouse hatred.

The United States has voted against each new version of this resolution since 2005. Despite our good faith efforts this year to negotiate with the Russian delegation and the past two years’ efforts at revisions and amendments to protect against unacceptable restrictions on freedom of expression, our recommendations intended to improve and strengthen this resolution have been intentionally ignored. We discourage States from invoking Article 4 of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination and Article 20 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights in an attempt to either silence unwelcome opinions or to excuse their failure to combat intolerance.

The United States is again, compelled to vote “No” on this resolution and calls on other States to do the same.

It is exactly one of the excuses/lies Putin told to justify his invasion of Ukraine. Secondly if you are not A US citizen then please educate yourself on our constitution and how its works. Foreign treaties cannot override the Constitution, nor can it grant powers that are not already spelled out in it.

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join