It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

The issue is Ukraine was requesting a cease fire. Putin countered and said surrender is what they want to discuss.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
The invasion has gone very badly for the Russian's
The Ukrainians are putting up one hell of a fight
But it's time to put an end to it and negotiate a cease fire

Putin and Russia now control Crimea, Donetsk and Luhansk.

100%.

Putin signed it, that’s a done deal right there at least.

Very low confidence those are going away anytime soon. Especially not Crimea.

We know those are gone

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The issue is Ukraine was requesting a cease fire. Putin countered and said surrender is what they want to discuss.

I saw those reports, and don't believe a word of it.

Not yet anyway.

Zielinski has been refuting every single one of them as soon as published.

I don't think he'll even consider it until out of ammunition.

No idea how much 'ammunition' he has left though.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere

originally posted by: all2human
The invasion has gone very badly for the Russian's
The Ukrainians are putting up one hell of a fight
But it's time to put an end to it and negotiate a cease fire

Putin and Russia now control Crimea, Donetsk and Luhansk.

100%.

Putin signed it, that’s a done deal right there at least.

Very low confidence those are going away anytime soon. Especially not Crimea.

We know those are gone

I wouldn't be so sure.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 07:50 PM
link   
* - Extremely hard combat near the Kyiv Zoo now

* - Ukrainian army says another Il-76 shotdown near Bila Tserkva, and 60 saboteurs detained at Troeschyna (22 mins ago)

* - Fire and explosions near Beresteyskaya metro station in Kyiv

* - Clashes now in the area of Shulyavka-Kyiv Zoo. Take shelter

* - Russian troops attempting to attack Kyiv at TEC-6 power plant are

* - ICAO Council condemns violation of territorial integrity and airspace of Ukraine

* - Russia has committed 30%+ of its forces (the ones deployed to Ukraine operation) to offensive operations. Depending on the total force components in total it could be a good or bad thing for Russia. The fact they had Belarus assistance in that sector is telling.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

Uhm no. They have not taken the areas completely. While Putin assigned 12,500 troops to the 2 areas they had to bring in more russian support because of resistance.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   

NATO countries have started shipping more lethal aid as well as Ammo and antiaircraft ammo to Ukraine. The convoy Poland sent has reached the Ukraine military.

As for surrender / cease fire I agree. The Ukrainian head of the military issued order for Ukrainians to inflict maximum damage to enemy forces and thus far it seems they are following that order to the letter.
edit on 25-2-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Wonder what the thinking behind even bringing the t 14s out if they aren't going to use them. Any idea if the Tos-1 has been seen in action?

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   

NATO countries have started shipping more lethal aid as well as Ammo and antiaircraft ammo to Ukraine. The convoy Poland sent has reached the Ukraine military.

Eeeeegggxxelllleennttt.

(Rubbing hands forcefullyl)

Keep it coming.

Thank you for all the Ukraine posts!

Doing EVERYONE a huge service here.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 07:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Imhere

Uhm no. They have not taken the areas completely. While Putin assigned 12,500 troops to the 2 areas they had to bring in more russian support because of resistance.

They’re gaining ground in those 2 areas. Some ideas are floating Ukrainian fall back to strengthen Kiev possibly.

Regarding Crimea, I don’t see that going anytime soon.

Kiev is one thing. But Crimea isn’t going away. For months or anytime soon.

That’s been a done deal since 2014.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Does anyone know if what was mentioned in this thread was used?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Alot of it sounded to good to be true

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: misterE12

Wonder what the thinking behind even bringing the t 14s out if they aren't going to use them. Any idea if the Tos-1 has been seen in action?

Javs were a fairly last minute gift, putin wasn't expecting that. (I wasn't either)

After his T14s were deployed to the border.

Putin may never have been serious about using them though, they were having big problems producing more even before invading Ukraine, and about to get nearly impossible.

He only has 80-100 operational anyway. Not nearly enough to frighten any NATO country in ANY way.

I've seen video of several tos or similar platforms firing from a distance in the dark but was unable to identify any of them.

Russia has been getting wiped out by Javs so rockets haven't been much use yet.

Putin tried chopper cover for these and other vehicles in convoys around 12 hours ago, but it doesn't seem that has worked out much better for him yet. If early reports are to be believed.

edit on 25-2-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: misterE12
Does anyone know if what was mentioned in this thread was used?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Alot of it sounded to good to be true

Can you be more specific?

Lots of topics covered in that thread.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Wont be a problem if you dont think arms are already flooding into Ukraine your crazy. Put it this way they are handing out weapons to anyone that wants one. Russia cant hold or even control the population this is not going to go well for Putin. Russian casualties will continue to mount as weopons flood into the country.

www.aljazeera.com...

www.aljazeera.com...

The higher the casualties the lower support will drop for the invasion.

www.theguardian.com...

This is a situation where giving Russia a bloody nose is going to be easy. Thats why i argued Putin wouldt be stupid enough to invade its a no win situation for him. Ukrainians will cotinue to fight more and more of their reserves will start the battle ad the hardest thing to fight in a country is counter isurgents. Russians will be shot at from roof tops buildigs forests from behind trees etc.Ukraine isnt going to try to match the Russian military just wear them out disrupt supplies make them pay for every inch in lives lost.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Sorry I should have been more specific It was the Altair system I was most interested.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   

This was announced 9 hours ago by Poland -

Polish Defense Minister Mariusz Błaszczak: The convoy with the ammunition that we hand over to Ukraine has already reached our neighbors. We support Ukrainians, we stand in solidarity and we firmly oppose Russian aggression

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   
* - NATO E-3 Sentry running a circuit right on the border of Ukraine

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   

This was announced 9 hours ago by Poland -

Polish Defense Minister Mariusz Błaszczak: The convoy with the ammunition that we hand over to Ukraine has already reached our neighbors. We support Ukrainians, we stand in solidarity and we firmly oppose Russian aggression

Thank you!

I'll force myself to rock some Polka tonight in gratitude that our Polish cousins were able to get the job done.

No offense to anyone, but that's my 2nd least favorite genre.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Just read that Kazakhstan said no when russia requested troops be sent to ukraine, (interesting that they made the request) and apparently the stan is going to say no to recognizing the 2 regions russia recognized.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

That kinda ballsy for Kazakhstan (if thats the stan you are referring to). They had pretty severe uprising / protests and Russia sent in airborne forces to "calm things down".

Russia-led alliance sends forces to Kazakhstan as deadly unrest intensifies

A Russia-led military alliance said Thursday it was sending forces to Kazakhstan to help quell the deadly unrest rocking the Central Asian country.

The big picture: Dozens of people, including protesters and police officers, have been killed in more than four days of unrest over what started as outrage over fuel price hikes and has since escalated into some of the worst street violence in Kazakhstan since the former Soviet country's independence in 1991, AP reports.

The Russian-led Collective Security Treaty Organization is sending peacekeeping forces to the country at the request of Kazakh President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, according to Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan, the current chair of the alliance.

It's unclear how many troops the alliance is sending and how long they will stay in the country.

Between the lines: "Russia is notorious for sending in troops under the guise of peacekeeping missions that go on to establish a permanent presence in the host countries," the New York Times notes.

Due to an internet blackout and tight government controls, it's difficult to verify the extent of the violence.

click link for article
edit on 25-2-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join