It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 377
<< 374  375  376    378  379  380 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 02:41 AM
link   

edit on 1-4-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 02:49 AM
link   
* - Ukrainian army removed former Russian checkpoint near Stoyanka

* - Oil depot is on fire in Belgorod. Governor of Belgorod region accused Ukraine in helicopter attack at depot

* - 8 reservoirs with fuel on fire at oil depot in Belgorod

* - Fire could spread to all reservoirs with fuel at Belgorod oil depot - emergency services. 200 firefighters on the site

* - Another video showing the firing of a helicopter (Possible Mi-24 Hind) on the fuel depot

* - Damage of unknown origin at Industrial Park Severny in Belgorod

* - Missile shelling targeted offices at Severniy industrial park in Belgorod

* - Queues at petrol station in Belgorod due to burning oil depot

* - All security services in Kursk region of Russia are on high readiness alert due to events in Belgorod - governor

* - Woman wounded as result of Russian army shelling on Hirske town in Luhansk region

* - Death toll of missile attack at building of Mykolaiv regional administration increased to 27. 3 more bodies extracted from the rubble this morning - Civil defense

* - Ukrainian army liberated Ivankiv in Kyiv region

* - Destroyed Russian military equipment at Stoyanka

* - Chernihiv Governor: Russian forces are withdrawing from the city

* - Russian army continues to shell civilian infrastructure near Orikhiv, Polohy in Zaporizhiye region

As a reminder -

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

* - Oil depot is on fire in Belgorod. Governor of Belgorod region accused Ukraine in helicopter attack at depot

* - Fire could spread to all reservoirs with fuel at Belgorod oil depot - emergency services. 200 firefighters on the site

* - Another video showing the firing of a helicopter (Possible Mi-24 Hind) on the fuel depot

* - All security services in Kursk region of Russia are on high readiness alert due to events in Belgorod - governor

A couple days ago you thought I was crazy for suggesting that this is what Ukraine was planning.

It IS crazy, but it's the Ukrainians that are crazy.

Extremely significant though, this is where all of the fuel and most of the munitions are stored for russia's forces and planned future assaults in the south and east.

It sounds like the fuel depot doesn't really exist anymore.

Ukraine hit part of the munitions depot yesterday, supposedly the exact location where the daggers are stored, still no confirmation on that one yet, but it sure seems more credible now.

edit on 1-4-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I hear war is Hell when the people one is shooting at ... return fire.

Belgorod is relatively exposed to Ukrainian strikes.

ETA. Map gives an idea of distances. Image extract from publicly available map. Belgorod appears to be some 20 miles from the Russia-Ukraine border.

Cheers
edit on 1-4-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Flightradar24

* - JAKE31 - Boeing RC-135U Combat Sen / USAF - Doing circles around Kaliningrad (seriously)
* - LAGR292 - Boeing KC-135R Stratotanker / USAF - Flying circles over Romania
* - REDEYE6 - Boeing E-8C / USAF - kust now entering Polish airspace from Germany
* - DUKE28 - Beech C-12U-3 Huron / US Army - Just now entering Polish airspace from Germany
* - BLADE51 - Enstrom 480 B-G / Czech air force - Over Czechia
* - L39 - Aero L-39 Albatros / Estonia air force - Doing circles over the Baltic near Haapsalu
* - L39 - Aero L-39 Albatros / Estonia air force - Doing circles over the Baltic near Haapsalu
* - T13 - Pilatus PC-12 NG - Finnish air force - Departing Rovanieme to Helsinki
* - BBX301 - Leonardo AW139 / Denmark - over Romania / Black Sea
* - MM55086 - Aermacchi MB-339 / Italian air force - doing circles over the Boot

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

A helicopter attack? Russia is that bad at defending its own cities / border? If that is the case I am waiting on the air attack on Moscow.

I didnt expect Ukraine to do anything inside Russia nor Belarus as it would play into the propaganda that Russia is putting out of just how dangerous Ukraine is. Unless the Russian propaganda is falling out of favor with the Russian people.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 03:21 AM
link   

I wouldn't bet anything on the helicopter story, first reports from a war zone and all, but it seems obvious that Ukraine is hitting them with something there.

My best guess is artillery from the border or spec ops on the ground, but that's just a guess.

I didn't 'expect' it either, even when reporting what I thought was the set up for this, I was still convinced that it was either a bluff or would fail spectacularly.

I just couldn't ignore the clear signs.

Still not so sure it was a good idea, poking the bear and all, but it's done now so nothing anyone can do about it.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 03:22 AM
link   
* - Ukrainian army liberated Dymer in Kyiv region

* - Ukrainian MFA expresses its protest against conscription conducted by Russia in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and in the city of Sevastopol, as well as against mobilization to Russian military service of Ukrainian citizens living on the temporarily occupied territories

* - Explosions audible near Kherson

* - Russian troops left the Brovary district near Kyiv, - the City Council

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It was two helicopters. I downloaded videos of it hours ago.

2 people were reported injured.

vk.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Is that some kind of russian social network?

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I suppose its good for morale (Ukraine's) and not so good for Russian.

I am not sure if the Russian withdraw from Kiev area is a strategic redeployment of forces or a trap. Let Ukraine think they are withdrawing troops from that area in hopes Ukraine will redeploy some of the forces to the south and east parts of the country. It would allow a second try at taking Kiev.

On the other hand it would free up Ukraine forces to be used against the 2 breakaway republics and Crimea. If Russia loses either area it will send Putin over the edge.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 03:32 AM
link   

If they flew nap-of-the-earth at night (with night vision gear), they would avoid most of the radar (ground clutter) and anyone on the ground would assume they were Russian craft.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Could be a tactical missile strike as well.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

I hear war is Hell when the people one is shooting at ... return fire.

Belgorod is relatively exposed to Ukrainian strikes.

ETA. Map gives an idea of distances. Image extract from publicly available map. Belgorod appears to be some 20 miles from the Russia-Ukraine border.

Cheers

All within the last 2 hours

* - Telegram video / Safe

* - Twitter video / Safe - Helicopter attack on Belgorod

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 03:35 AM
link   

It's more than just morale, which is also important, this depot held nearly all the available fuel in this part of russia.

It's where the fuel trains come from that feed the fuel trucks that Ukraine has been blowing up for a month.

That's HUGE if the depot is indeed destroyed, huge enough to alter russia's plans to reinvade the east with even larger forces.

Probably not enough to cancel those plans, but certainly enough to significantly alter them.

They won't have a choice, their vehicles require a lot of fuel.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Could be a tactical missile strike as well.

Cheers

Could be a lot of things at this point, all sorts of stuff looks like a helicopter attack to panicked folks at night.

A month or so ago folks were convinced that they witnessed a drone or grad attack on a Kurdish city, when in fact it was a missle barrage from Iran for example.

Ukraine is obviously attacking the depot in some way, but I wouldn't put any stock into early reports about how they did it.

Both sides have good reasons to be deceptive about it for a while.

edit on 1-4-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Added a twitter video showing an air attack by helicopter on the fuel depot in the response to F2d5thCavv2 above.

ETA - here now as well.

* - Twitter video / Safe - showing Helicopter

The twitter video contains several other videos of the attack and aftermath.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I think VK is the russian equivalent of facebook right ?

I am not sure havent used social media like fb in years

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Added a twitter video showing an air attack by helicopter on the fuel depot in the response to F2d5thCavv2 above.

ETA - here now as well.

The twitter video contains several other videos of the attack and aftermath.

Those are some great videos!

The 2nd twitter video shows helicopters flying away after the attack but not really near the attack, and the other videos don't appear to show any choppers.

I'm looking at them on a phone though.

Do you see any video of helicopters firing at anything in the area?

Both countries use the same choppers so would prefer to see them actually firing if such video exists.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I think VK is the russian equivalent of facebook right ?

I am not sure havent used social media like fb in years

Me neither, but it looked a little like a russian facebook.

I didn't see anything interesting there.

top topics

<< 374  375  376    378  379  380 >>

join