It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 374
<< 371  372  373    375  376  377 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   
mobile.twitter.com... site i been using to track losses from both sides

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I checked out the video and compared it to others we use and ISW

This guy is either less informed or a russian propaganda shill, not sure which.

Compare what he said about the Kherson region to the other sources, seems he forgot about the massive russian retreat, the 3 town Ukrainians took today, as a result of that retreat, and extremely important supply route that Ukraine now controls.

Focusing instead on highlighting all the russian forces now dug into new positions after the retreat, where there isn't even any action yet.

Thanks, but I'll pass on this guy.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

A better site to track losses on both sides:

www.oryxspioenkop.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
a reply to: PatriotGames4u
a reply to: andy06shake
I'm no missile expert but it looks to me like the green paint is for camoflage prior to launching the missile, so it really wouldn't matter if the green paint survived the flight or not, if it's there to help hide the missile before launch. It's likely green for the same reason the truck carrying it is green, to blend in a little better with green terrain:

Iskander missiles

The undamaged condition of the missile and lack of impact evidence seems odd, but not impossible. There are reports of 60% failure rates of Russian missiles, so depending on the failure mode the failed hypersonic missiles may not reach hypersonic velocities, which could allow the paint to remain intact, but I really have no idea how it got there in that condition or if it's disinfo.

An unexploded short range hypersonic ballistic missile, according to Ukrainian authorities, is seen in Kramatorsk, Ukraine, in this handout picture released on March 9. (National Guard of Ukraine/Reuters)

There are stories about high missile failure rates:
Exclu sive: U.S. assesses up to 60% failure rate for some Russian missiles, officials say

Ha! I’d say it fell off the truck when the conscripts tried to flee with the truck!

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

That makes a lot more sense, I didn't realize they had deployed truck mounted versions, all the reports I've seen out of Ukraine were air launched.

Still looks more like an older iskander to me though.

ETA - I just looked it up, there are no truck launched versions of the dagger, it must be launched at supersonic speeds, I revert back to my original opinion that the photo does not show a dagger.

edit on 31-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:06 PM
link   
* - Ukrainian air defense shot down some object over Kharkiv

* - Kryvyi Rih, Odeska Oblast(00:55). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kyiv, Sumska Oblast, Zhytomyrska Oblast, Kirovohradska Oblast, Zaporizka Oblast, Cherkaska Oblast, Chernihivska Oblast, Dnipropetrovska Oblast(00:43). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said the situation in the south and the Donbas region remained extremely difficult and reiterated that Russia was building up forces near the besieged city of Mariupol

* - Armenia hosted military attaches of the EU and NATO member states at the Gyumri Air Base to prove that its 4 Sukhoi Su-30SM fighter jets remained in place and weren't send to aid Russia in Ukraine

* - Video of incendiary ammunition used this night

* - Incendiary ammunition reportedly used near Olexandrivka

* - Head of L'viv regional administration: no explosions, strikes in L'viv region. Technical process at one of enterprises could be mistaken with an explosion and rumours shared over social media

* - President of @Europarl_EN Roberta Metsola:On my way to Kyiv

* - Video of Hostomel after Russian troops left. Via Babylon'13

* - Volynska Oblast(23:19). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Heavy shelling in Maryinka this evening, at least one house on fire

* - Heavy explosion reported in L'viv region

* - Heavy explosion at Synenlnykove district in Dnipropetrovsk region

* - Main Russian forces have left Bucha, Hostomiel. Only small groups in the towns. No Russian troops in Hostomel up to Pokrovsky residential apartments complex

* - .@SecDef has decided to keep both @USSHARRYSTRUMAN strike group and @82ndABNDiv in place for now. @PentagonPresSec does not label an extension but says Pentagon will assess if this looks like it will be a long-term war what US footprint will be

* - Visuals from Nova Basan, recaptured by Ukrainian forces. Two Russian BTR-82a captured by Ukrainian forces, one damaged

* - State Agency of Ukraine for Exclusion Zone Management: At the moment, there are no outsiders on the site of the Chernobyl NPP

* - Ternopilska Oblast(22:23). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Lvivska Oblast(22:19). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Zakarpattia Oblast, Volynska Oblast, Chernivetska Oblast(22:18). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Ivano-Frankivska Oblast, Khmelnytska Oblast, Rivnenska Oblast(22:18). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Sumska Oblast(21:59). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kyiv Oblast(21:59). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Cherkaska Oblast, Chernihivska Oblast, Kirovohradska Oblast(21:56). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Zaporizka Oblast(21:56). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Zhytomyrska Oblast(21:56). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kharkivska Oblast, Poltavska Oblast, Kryvyi Rih(21:55). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Dnipro, Dnipropetrovska Oblast(21:55). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Odesa(21:51). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

As a reminder -

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:18 PM
link   
* - Ukrainian Ground Forces Command claim they've counted "almost 700 units of equipment withdrawing towards Ivankov, towards the Belarusian border

* - Britain and its allies have agreed to send air and coastal defence systems, longer-range artillery and counter battery capabilities, armoured vehicles as well as provide wider training and logistical support to Ukraine, British defence minister Ben Wallace said

* - The Pentagon: We demand the withdrawal of all Russian forces from Ukraine

* - President Biden says there's "no clear evidence" that President Putin is pulling all of his forces out of Kyiv and says he is adding forces in Donbas

* - Ukrainian army liberated Novovorontsovka, Mala Shesternya, Novohryhorivka, Topolyne, Kniazivka, Krasnivka, Svobodne, Kamyanka, Pryhirya, Kochubeivka, Orlove villages on the border of Kherson and Dnipropetrovsk regions

* - Kyiv Oblast, Zhytomyrska Oblast(20:46). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kyiv(20:35). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Ukrainian military destroyed Russian military column in Chernihiv region

* - 19:00 Unloading of a train with Tornado-U Ural trucks (more than 30 units without identification marks and license plates) is being carried out at the railway station in Yelsk (Gomel region)

* - Very loud explosion reported in Kyiv

* - Ukrainian military liberated Maryanivka and Kolonschina villages west to Kyiv

* - Ukraine FM Dmytro Kuleba: Met with Polish Minister of Defense @mblaszczak in Warsaw. We discussed latest frontline developments as Ukraine keeps fighting back Russian invaders. Grateful to Poland for standing by Ukraine resolutely

* - Pentagon official: Russian forces have fired 1,400 missiles at Ukraine since the start of the war

* - Russian troops blown up the dam of Oskil water reservoir

* - "No indications at this time that they (Russians) are preparing to use" tactical nuclear weapons in Ukraine - according to senior US defense official

* - A lot of Russian military equipment enters the Luhansk region, - says the head of the Luhansk regional administration Serhiy Haidai

* - Defence Secretary @BWallaceMP says long range artillery and armoured vehicles (although not tanks) will be supplied to Ukraine as a result of today's donor conference

* - Russian army shelled Vuhledar from Rudchansk with MRLS Smerch

* - Poltavska Oblast, Kirovohradska Oblast, Mykolayivska Oblast(18:51). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Results of shelling on Avdiyivka this morning

* - Kirovohradska Oblast(18:49). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Russian troops signed a document "handing guard of Chornobyl NPP to personnel of NPP"

* - Russians have abandoned Hostomel airport, per senior US defense official

* - Russia has continued to blockade Ukraine's Black Sea port of Odesa more than a month into the war: senior U.S. defense official

* - A Russian T-72 variant tank was destroyed by the Ukrainian forces in Izium, Kharkiv Oblast

* - U.S. has continued to see unit cohesion problems, poor morale, and bad leadership within the Russian military during more than an month of combat in Ukraine: senior U.S. defense official

As a reminder -

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

edit on 31-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   
* - U.S. believes that Russia's reprioritization on the Donbas shows that the Kremlin knows attacks on Ukraine's capital of Kyiv have been unsuccessful: senior U.S. defense official

* - Russia has flown more than 300 air sorties over Ukraine in the past 24 hours: senior U.S. defense official

* - Ukrainian military liberated Vyshehrad N-W to Kyiv

* - Dnipro, Dnipropetrovska Oblast(17:51). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Zaporizka Oblast(17:51). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Ukrainian army liberated Yahidne in Chernihiv region

* - Kharkivska Oblast(17:32). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Photos: destroyed Russian tanks in Novovorontsovka of Kherson region

* - Russia drafts 134,500 conscripts but says they won't go to Ukraine - Reuters News

* - Ukrainian nuclear company (Energoatom) says Russian forces located in the Chornobyl area have announced that they will leave the site. Company says some left and only a small number now remains

* - Ukraine: Russian forces departing from Chornobyl are heading towards the Belarusian border

* - Kyiv Oblast(16:52). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kharkiv, Kharkivska Oblast(16:42). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Heavy shelling targeting Kharkiv. Explosions in many districts

As a reminder -

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   
* - Putin is 'a man in a cage that he built himself,' British defense secretary says

Putin is "is not the force he used to be," British Defense Secretary Ben Wallace said.
Wallace announced the Western allies will increase their military support to Ukraine, sending armored vehicles and long-range artillery.
British Defense Secretary Ben Wallace on Thursday told Sky News that Russian President Vladimir Putin is "is not the force he used to be" as he announced the UK and its allies will send Ukraine more advanced weaponry like armored vehicles and long-range artillery.

* - Former Russian TV host explains surprising Putin poll
click for video

* - U.K. Spy Cheif says Russia's Putin Misjudged Ukraines' Resistance
click for video

* - This is why Russian general's have been killed: Ret. Lt. Gen. Hodges
click link for video

* - Ukrainian Troops Push Forward as Russian Forces Regroup

Ukrainian officials said their armed forces are pressing forward against Russian military units around Kyiv, seeking to exploit Moscow’s efforts to regroup after weeks of heavy losses.

After taking the city of Irpin to the northwest of Kyiv this week, Ukrainian forces are now engaged in heavy fighting in the neighboring towns of Bucha and Hostomel, officials said.

In the Chernihiv region to the north of the capital, Ukrainian forces retook two villages and were pushing for further gains, officials said.

“We have completely destroyed the enemy’s plans,” said Brig. Gen. Oleksandr Hruzevych, deputy chief of staff of the Ukrainian army. “The adversary has completely lost its offensive potential in the Kyiv region. It is trying to dig in and turn to defense in the places it has occupied.”
click link for article

* - Zelenskiy: Russia preparing powerful strikes on Donbas
click link for video

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Reports and video coming out of 2 more downed Mi-8s helos. It appears as if a group of 4 Mi-8 and 1 Mi-24 were attempting to rescue the commanders of the Azov Battalion and a unit of the 73rd Marine Center of the special forces of Ukraine along with its commander.

3 helocopers made it out however 2 Mi-8s were shot down. 1 which was hit and went evasive out over the sea went down it sea the other over land. At is said 2 people survived which is how the information of the other 3 helocopters got out. It is also alleged that the azov deputy commander was among those who died in the downed Mi-8
edit on 31-3-2022 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2022 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Reports and video coming out of 2 more downed Mi-8s helos. It appears as if a group of 4 Mi-8 and 1 Mi-24 were attempting to rescue the commanders of the Azov Battalion and a unit of the 73rd Marine Center of the special forces of Ukraine along with its commander.

3 helocopers made it out however 2 Mi-8s were shot down. 1 which was hit and went evasive out over the sea went down it sea the other over land. At is said 2 people survived which is how the information of the other 3 helocopters got out. It is also alleged that the azov deputy commander was among those who died in the downed Mi-8

They were carrying wounded out, the same helicopters have been making the same trip twice a day for weeks.

Because russia destroyed all the hospitals in Mariupol long ago.

You left out the best (worst part), the russians claim that the two helicopters were shot down by captured Stingers, which is why they were finally able to hit one of these twice a day flights.

russian weapons have proven incapable of doing so.

Nice effort to spin this into russian propaganda though, better than the last couple.

Still easily debunked.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Yes I forgot your were there and know for sure who or what was there. At least I say alleged and just relate what I read on the report.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Yes I forgot your were there and know for sure who or what was there. At least I say alleged and just relate what I read on the report.

The first reports were a long time ago and you or who ever you got it from spun it into dishonest propaganda based on a real event.

I don't need to be there to pay attention, it was even reported by two sources in this very thread before your dishonest propaganda attempt.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:12 PM
link   

When you call anything propaganda that doesn't agree with you it doesn't actually help your argument. I do know that their are azov commanders there from multiple reports along with units of the 73rd marine SF. So is it a stretch that they would not want to lose the leaders of units they value a lot? So because you found sources that said something agreeable to you it just be propaganda what I say.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Yup. I posted earlier some catboxed photos of the dead deputy commander of Azov.

They had tried to evacuate 2 or 3 days prior but those were shot down as well.

It is absolutely hilarious how some are trying to say it was for the wounded. No, they were trying to evacuate and after seeing a video of UAF using civilian ambulances to run ops they have lost all credibility with such claims.

Russian sources also confirm these helicopters were shot down with captured MANPADS. The way they have been leaving them behind as they retreat it is a kind of Karma. Almost everyday there are posts of captured caches of them.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:16 PM
link   

When you call anything propaganda that doesn't agree with you it doesn't actually help your argument. I do know that their are azov commanders there from multiple reports along with units of the 73rd marine SF. So is it a stretch that they would not want to lose the leaders of units they value a lot? So because you found sources that said something agreeable to you it just be propaganda what I say.

When you repeat absurd things that just aren't true in an effort to convince folks of something, it's called propaganda.

Your feelz have no ability to change that fact.

Don't like your posts being called propaganda?

Post something other than propaganda.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Why keep up with the nonsense?

Even the russians have said these were daily flights and they've never been able to shoot one down before.

Daily flights to evacuate the seriously wounded.

It made news because they've never been able to shoot one down before capturing a couple Stingers.

edit on 31-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

When you repeat absurd things that just aren't true in an effort to convince folks of something, it's called propaganda.

Says the sock puppet account that never posts sources?

Cmon maaan.

I see why you did it though.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

Says the sock puppet account that never posts sources?

Cmon maaan.

I see why you did it though.

Was my post inaccurate in any way?

new topics

top topics

<< 371  372  373    375  376  377 >>

join