It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 327
<< 324  325  326    328  329  330 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Biden should never have been let anywhere near The White House.....he's a hopeless incompetent.
But I don't buy into the 'let's blame Biden for this mess'....lots of people have contributed to the whole # show well before he got involved.

But stupid and Biden seem to go hand in hand.
His advisors would be better off getting him to stand there, smile and say nothing; "Better to keep your mouth shut and let the world think you're an idiot than open your mouth and confirm it"....or something like that.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

That would be a reasonable response. The implication of "in-kind" would be a chemical weapons response, which would be a piss poor response; given the accusations Russia has leveled against the US regarding bio/chem weapons development in Ukraine labs.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Ukrainian Forces Use Drones To Hunt For Russian Columns West Of Kyiv

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

But I don't buy into the 'let's blame Biden for this mess'....lots of people have contributed to the whole # show well before he got involved.

Right.

As dumb as the things Biden says are, the sole culpability here lies with Putin. I can't even say Russia, as Russia doesn't want - this - only Putin does.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The way this is starting to look and feel is MSM and even ordinary people - This is getting old , Old news it's time for the next distraction , Russia is never going to take Ukraine with all the support Ukraine is getting from the World I read Ukraine is getting 1000 missiles a day from the USA alone . This is turning out to be the next Vietnam , Afghanistan .

There will be a cease fire and agreement between Russia and Ukraine soon Russia will save face and go home .

edit on 25-3-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Russia bankrupted themselves in Afghanistan and still lost. I cannot see them going anywhere....

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

'Tactical' nukes are russian doctrine, not American.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   

⚡️Originals of secret documents seized by Russian soldiers of the 4th Brigade of the Ukrainian National Guard

◽️A secret order from Colonel General Balan, Commander of the National Guard of Ukraine, dated January 22, 2022 has been released.

◽️The document is addressed to the heads of the Northern Kiev, Southern Odessa and Western territorial departments of the National Guard of Ukraine.

◽️The order outlines the plan for preparing one of the assault groups for offensive actions in the so-called "joined forces operation" in Donbass.

◽️By February 28, all activities of nationalists on combat readiness should be completed. So that from March 2022 they can conduct combat missions as part of Ukraine's "Combined Armed Forces Operation" in Donbass.

t.me...

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Anonymous has released 28GB of data they hacked fom the Central Bank of Russia...not my cup of tea, but one of y'all might be interested.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   
More ZAB "incendiary" munitions are recorded being used in Donetsk today. Nightime there.

t.me...

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: wordforword
Had to share this one. It's getting more pathetic every day

Mirror UK

Putin says he is being 'CANCELLED' and compares himself to JK Rowling in bizarre rant.

VLADIMIR PUTIN has compared anti-Russian hostility to the recent controversy surrounding J. K. Rowling, claiming that his nation is being "cancelled" by the West.

JK Rowling responded &, it seems, she's receiving some press on a more positive side after a long time:

BBC UK

JK Rowling hits back at Putin after 'cancel culture' comment.
In response, Ms Rowling denounced the invasion of Ukraine in which she said Russia was "slaughtering civilians".

Rowling has been criticised for her views on transgender issues.

The writer has said her interest in trans issues stems from being a survivor of abuse and having concerns around single-sex spaces.

Twitter

I've just had an epiphany of a craziest conspiracy. What if Putin is, actually, a good guy: he just wants to unite the world, remind how bad communistic totalitarian repressive government can be and clear the name of some of the people here and there?..

...Or he has simply lost the plot and we all will get nuked at the end.

My god for being a dictator he sure does bitch a lot.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Looks like Mariupol is about gone.

ISW (Institute for the Study of War) said today that Russian forces will likely capture Mariupol or force the city to capitulate within the coming weeks and have entered the city center;

But looks like it’ll be within days.

Russian forces continue to take Mariupol street-by-street, with several social media users depicting Russian troops entering downtown Mariupol.[26] Chechen forces claimed to have captured the entire left (eastern) bank of Mariupol on March 24.[27] The Mariupol City Council additionally reported Russia’s ruling United Russia party opened an office in occupied Mariupol, framed as a ”humanitarian headquarters,” to distribute pro-Russian news.[28] Russian forces will likely fully reduce the Mariupol pocket and capture the city in the coming weeks.

edit on 25-3-2022 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'll throw in a brand new speculation:

Twitter

Original Twitter source with video of Medvedev talking to journalists (Rus lang)

My attempt to translate what is said in the vid (sorry, no finesse):

Russian federation set the targets that could not be achieved democratically. That's why president announced the beginning of a new operation. The plan for such operation has to be approved by a certain responsible headquarters. According to the constitution, the president is in charge of these headquarters and commands. President gave the approval. The operation is going as it should, according to the plans that were made by those headquarters. And for that reason I wont comment more on this. The operation has to continue till it reaches set targets that were set by the President. These targets include: Ukraine to be the neutral state, Ukraine not to have anti Russian politics in place, Ukraine to be a ‘normal neighbour’ (exact words). And for that reason, the operation has to continue until Ukraine will be de-nazified and demilitarised.

He sure repeats 'president' a lot. Might sound a bit submissive but looks like what Medvedev is trying to say is: it was Putin personally who made the decision to start a war against Ukraine, don't look at me.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I just spoke to a Marine a few minutes ago in North Carolina who was boarding a plane and he said their group is headed to Kosovo right now. He said this just last minute all of a sudden, FYI

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

ISW has had that first part (coming weeks) in every daily update for around 2 weeks now.

But it does appear to be 'days' or even 'hours' now.

edit on 25-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Russia Abandons March on Kyiv, Focuses Embattled Troops Instead on Donbas

Russia appears to have abandoned its plan to seize and hold the Ukrainian capital city Kyiv, several officials said Friday, as Moscow faces mounting battlefield casualties and a surprising level of resistance from Ukraine’s armed forces.

A senior U.S. defense official told reporters Friday afternoon that the Russian army, bogged down along several axes across the former Soviet state it invaded last month, has reset its dwindling military resources on the Donbas instead. The region of eastern Ukraine composed of the Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, or administrative divisions, has been the site of an existing, protracted, Russia-backed conflict by supposed separatist forces since 2014. Russia appears to believe that greater control in what it has long considered breakaway regions persecuted by Kyiv will strengthen its position in future negotiations regarding Ukraine.

“They don’t show any signs of being able to move on Kyiv from the ground,” the official said, referring to Russia’s current “defensive crouch” around the capital aligned with assessments from U.S. officials earlier this week that Ukraine’s defenses had forced the Russian troops to transition from offensive operations to entrenching themselves.

“Clearly they overestimated their ability to take Kyiv, and frankly they overestimated their ability to take any population center,” the official said. “And they clearly underestimated the Ukrainian resistance.”

click link for article

edit on 25-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoTemplar
I just spoke to a Marine a few minutes ago in North Carolina who was boarding a plane and he said their group is headed to Kosovo right now. He said this just last minute all of a sudden, FYI

most likely because of Russia trying to destabilize the Balkans.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thank you for all the aggregation work you do, Xcathdra. It's invaluable.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   
As Ukraine continues to demolish Russian forces, destroy 400+ tanks, and capture 117 tanks according to the recent media reports, it would appear Ukraine are handily winning this war.

Ukraine continues to receive large swathes of military aid:

- Ukraine’s Zelensky Asks NATO For 1% Of Its Tanks And Warplanes

Source: news.antiwar.com...

- US And Allies Working To Give Anti-Ship Missiles To Ukraine

Source: news.antiwar.com...

- Ukraine tells the US it needs 500 Javelins and 500 Stingers per day
Source: www.msn.com...

- The 'kamikaze drone' the US is sending Ukraine is a 'pretty powerful' tool for troops, top Marine general says
Source: news.yahoo.com...

- UK to Provide 6,000 Missiles to Ukraine in New Support
Source: www.usnews.com...

- Sweden to Provide Ukraine With 5,000 More Anti-Tank Weapons - TT News Agency
www.usnews.com...

<< 324  325  326    328  329  330 >>

join