It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 324
<< 321  322  323    325  326  327 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Portfolio of the General Staff | War Donbas Ukraine
31 minutes ago
❗Since the beginning of the operation, the Ukrainian group in Donbas has lost 16,000 out of 59,000 people, or 26%.

❗The LPR liberated 93% of the territory of the republic, the DPR - 54%, the fighting for Mariupol continues.

❗All captured weapons and military equipment are being transferred to the LPR and DPR, 113 tanks and 138 Javelin anti-tank systems have already been transferred.

❗The combat potential of the Armed Forces of Ukraine has been significantly reduced, which will allow focusing the main efforts on achieving the main goal - the liberation of Donbass.

/Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation/

link

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   
unconfirmed...Another Russian General takes a dirt nap.

Another Russian General killed in Ukraine Head of 49th combined arms army of the Southern Military District Yakov Ryazantsev was killed near Kherson today. He is the seventh Russian general who died during the war in Ukraine.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

⚡Unfortunately, during the special military operation there are losses among our comrades. To date, 1,351 servicemen have died and 3,825 have been injured.

The state will take over all decisions to support families, raising children up to higher education, full repayment of loans, solving the housing issue.

/Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation/

link

Briefcase
43 minutes ago
Regarding the issue of losses, then add to the official figures from the RF Ministry of Defense the losses of the armies of the people's republics (we are waiting for up-to-date data), which also fought intensive battles for a month actions and suffered losses

edit on 25-3-2022 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Biden just held a short moralboosting speech for the 82nd airborne in Poland.

But I cant figure out if this old fart was being psychologically tactical or just made a huge blunder.

He said, in reference to the resolve of the Ukrainian civilians and directed at the soldiers:

"You are gonna see when you are there....."

Isnt this exactly what Putin warned Nato against?
The 82nd are not there as US troops but NATO troops.
If they send in those troops... Putin will have to live up to his own words 😐

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Considering what Biden just said in Poland.
Considering what Putin said about nuclear response.

What if the Russians arent failing around Kiyv right now. What if they are intentionally moving out of the coming blast zone?

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Taking the number of vehicles destroyed and multiplying that be a very conservative number of crew you still get juuuuust a bit more than 1,300.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   
All this Russplainin' of Putin's monumental screw-up in Ukraine is becoming entertaining in an odd sort of way.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

For reference it's here around the 2:40 mark:

That's a really odd thing for him to say!

I would actually call it stupid.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The only thing I can determine about the numbers being reported by both sides is they are lying.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Yes... I dont get it. Also got the feeling that he tried to rephrase it but ended up not...

So disappointing. We dont even have any suitable shelters in Denmark... we will be wiped out.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The only thing I can determine about the numbers being reported by both sides is they are lying.

I feel the crowd sourced numbers are closer to the truth, they have been geolocating vehicles so they're not counted more than once. They put the numbers at close to 700 tanks and APC's lost. With a minimum crew of four that gives you a bit more than 1,300.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice
a reply to: alphabetaone

Yes... I dont get it. Also got the feeling that he tried to rephrase it but ended up not...

So disappointing. We dont even have any suitable shelters in Denmark... we will be wiped out.

Problem is, it wont matter if he rephrases it, Putin will take all the soundbytes he needs to escalate further.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Had to share this one. It's getting more pathetic every day

Mirror UK

Putin says he is being 'CANCELLED' and compares himself to JK Rowling in bizarre rant.

VLADIMIR PUTIN has compared anti-Russian hostility to the recent controversy surrounding J. K. Rowling, claiming that his nation is being "cancelled" by the West.

JK Rowling responded &, it seems, she's receiving some press on a more positive side after a long time:

BBC UK

JK Rowling hits back at Putin after 'cancel culture' comment.
In response, Ms Rowling denounced the invasion of Ukraine in which she said Russia was "slaughtering civilians".

Rowling has been criticised for her views on transgender issues.

The writer has said her interest in trans issues stems from being a survivor of abuse and having concerns around single-sex spaces.

Twitter

I've just had an epiphany of a craziest conspiracy. What if Putin is, actually, a good guy: he just wants to unite the world, remind how bad communistic totalitarian repressive government can be and clear the name of some of the people here and there?..

...Or he has simply lost the plot and we all will get nuked at the end.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
'Tis the Season for Treason

Colonel Yuri Medvechek, (Russian) commander of the 37th Motor Rifle Brigade, was deliberately run over by his own troops.

Now the colonel has died of his wounds.

As well:

Lieutenant General Yakov Rezantsev, commanding general of the 49th Army, is reported to have fallen in action (seventh Russian general to die in Ukraine).

Cheers

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Sure looks like it's all going to plan for Putin.

Two more senior Russian commanders have been killed - one of them apparently died after being attacked by his own men, a Western official has said. The commanding officer of the 37th Motor Rifle Brigade, a colonel, was deliberately run over by his own troops as a result of the scale of losses taken by his brigade, the official said.

Source

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nolabel

They must have seen The Beast of War, which is suddenly a very topical film again.

edit on 25-3-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Russian colonel-general Mikhail Mizintsev, who is heading up the conquest of Mariupol.

This general got a thing for makeup, or am I seeing things ?

Cheers

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Yes. The numbers are lying. Russians are counting just the higher rank individuals.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   

A lot of Russian tanks are 3 man crew. They have autoloaders. A destroyed vehicle does not always mean the crew died.

As I said, all I can determine is that both sides are lying. If I had to guess I would say kill counts are probably a 3rd less than reported and casualty counts are probably a 3rd more than reported.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   

As I said, all I can determine is that both sides are lying. If I had to guess I would say kill counts are probably a 3rd less than reported and casualty counts are probably a 3rd more than reported.

Which puts them in the range of the crowd source sites.

<< 321  322  323    325  326  327 >>

join