It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 329
<< 326  327  328    330  331  332 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

First of all, even before the fighting broke out, the United States had intentionally hyped up tensions between Russia and Ukraine instead of pooling efforts to smooth things over.

How so?

And now with NATO heavily arming Ukraine,....

So that they can defend themselves against a brutal invasion from a tyrannical neighbour.
If Russia hadn't invaded then no-one would have had to send them so many arms....pretty obvious.

US-led west continues to heavily arm Ukraine, Russia continues to step up the assault till nothing left of Ukraine.

So, you give Russia a pass for the invasion and the killing and lay the blame squarely at the feet of the US who have in this instance killed no-one?
Bizarro.

I’d also feel better if there were less double standards going around the world,....

So would I....but we aren't talking about the rest of the world here, we're talking about Ukraine.

.... plenty of other nations need military aid too. But this coalition of NATO and US are no where to be seen right now:

NATO and US coalition?
USA is part of NATO.

And if NATO gets involved in conflicts outside of areas directly concerning them they are then accused of intervening in other countries business, effecting regime change, bullying, blah blah blah.
Damned if they do.....damned if they don't.

“the secretary general of the Norwegian Refugee Council. "The people of Yemen need the same level of support and solidarity that we’ve seen for the people of Ukraine” source: original.antiwar.com...

The US and UK's support of Saudi Arabia is an absolute #ing disgrace and a shame on both nations.
But that has # all to do with Russia invading Ukraine.

All life is equal but here Yemen has 233K deaths vs Ukraine 1k deaths. And no assistance from NATO.

Yes.☝

Start a thread about Yemen and Saudi Arabia and I'll gladly contribute.
edit on 25/3/22 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

Did ANYONE threaten russia in ANY way before russia invaded Ukraine?

Yes they did.

Who was that?

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bounder

I think it would depend. The type of chemical weapons used and its impact - how many soldiers (Russian/Russian allies were killed / injured and was there collateral damage (civilian casualties).

I would imagine, based on the above outcomes, that it would be situation specific. With that said the ICC cannot prosecute anyone unless the person in question that's charged is before the court (the ICC forbids trials in absentia).

Locally (in this case Ukrainian law) the government could charge people for violating any laws on the books (however I dont see that as a possibility). The other thing to keep in mind is what was the status of civil law at the time. From what I have seen Ukraine still has martial law declared in parts of the country / cities. I have no idea how the Ukrainian military justice systems works (tribunals) or their civil-criminal law (civilian courts).

In short is it possible for people to be charged with war crimes - yes
Would a Ukrainian citizen (military / civilian) be charged - in my opinion no
Would a war crimes trial against Ukrainian nationals actually be held - in my opinion no.

I think it would be like a person defending themselves (in the US). Homicide / Murder is a felony however the prosecuting attorney would look at all the facts (mitigating / aggravating) before charging a person. If it meets the criteria for self defense then the person wont be charged.

edit on 25-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Yes they did.

Who was that?

Remember when you told me “Google was my friend”

Yeah, she is your friend too.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   
* - The President of the U.S. at a meeting with organizations helping refugees from Ukraine: Putin fulfills all the conditions of a war criminal. More sanctions will come

* - Explosions heard in Kyiv

* - WFP: We aim to deliver food aid to 2.5 million Ukrainians by the end of April

* - Russian military vessel shelled Sanzheika village near Odesa this morning

* - Ukrainian Foreign Minister @DmytroKuleba has denied that there is a consensus between Russia and Ukraine on four points in the peace talks, as Turkish President Erdogan said. "There is no agreement. Specifically, the only state language in Ukraine is and will be Ukrainian," Kuleba said

* - Russian ambassador summoned to French Foreign Ministry

* - Civil defense working to remove explosive objects in Shyroka Balka district of Mykolaiv

* - Russia's defence ministry said on Friday that the first phase of its military operation in Ukraine was mostly complete and that it would focus on completely "liberating" eastern Ukraine's Donbass region (and here is how Putin is going to spin things in their withdrawal)

* - President Biden has arrived in Rzeszów, Poland to meet with 82nd Airborne troops and receive an update on relief efforts for Ukraine. He's expected to meet up with Polish President Duda, who was forced to return to Warsaw due to a plane malfunction. He's en route here now

* - U.S. intelligence analysts have concluded that Russian military spy hackers were behind a cyberattack on a satellite broadband service that disrupted Ukraine's military communications at the start of the war last month, according to U.S. officials

* - Russian ministry of defense admits death of 1351 servicemen, 3825 wounded (BS)

* - China's state-run Sinopec Group has suspended talks for a major petrochemical investment and a gas marketing venture in Russia, sources told Reuters, heeding a government call for caution as sanctions mount over the invasion of Ukraine

* - Fires in Kharkiv as Russian army shelling city non-stop

* - British PM Johnson discusses by phone with the Chinese President developments in Ukraine

* - PM @MorawieckiM in Brussels: It is important to block the flow of new funds, money, euros and dollars to Russia as soon as possible. Therefore, Poland here very strongly emphasized the need to limit the trade in hydrocarbons, i.e. trade in oil, gas and coal with Russia

* - Authorities in Slavutich warn against any movement in the city due to snipers

* - This morning, a large column of Russian trucks with "V" marks was moving from Rechitsa (Gomel region) along the M10 highway, then turned onto the Gomel bypass road to the M8 highway

As a reminder -

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Yes they did.

Who was that?

You're the one who made the claim so its up to you to support it. Just like I did with the logistics / communications debate a few pages back.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 07:39 PM
link   
* - Near Izyum Russian troops attempted to break through Ukrainian defense from the southern direction near Tyhotske/Kamianka

* - Moscow's church reports Oleg Artyomov, military priest was killed as result of projectile explosion in Zhuravlyovka of Bilhorod region

* - The United Nations: We are very concerned about the food stocks in the city of Mariupol

* - Russian army shelled city hospital in Kharkiv with MLRS GRAD and howitzers this morning. As result 4 person killed, 3 wounded

* - At least 300 people died in Russian bombing of Mariupol drama theatre on Mar 16, city council said. This figure is corroborated by witnesses who were there. In this account (in Ukr), a witness says pregnant women transferred from a bombed hospital died too

* - Russian military column filmed in Bilhorod region (inside Russia)

* - Rally against Russian occupation in Novotroitske of Kherson region

* - Images from Mykolaiv of a destroyed Russian Kamaz truck and a captured pontoon bridge. Most areas around Mykolaiv are said to have been cleared of Russian forces

* - Biden: We do not want Putin to be able to strengthen his forces and finance his war, so we announced a ban on energy imports from Russia

* - Erdogan says Ukraine and Russia reached an understanding on four of the six topics of disagreement Somewhat agreed on: NATO; Partial disarmament; Collective security; Russian language; Remaining topics: Crimea and Donbas

* - Russian military column filmed near the border of Ukraine (near Belgorod Russia)

* - A resident of Khabarovsk was detained in a case of treason: he is suspected of trying to transfer "secret information" to the special services of Ukraine during hostilities (Far East Russia)

* - Hungary rejects Ukraine's call to allow arms supplies to transit through its territory and ban Russian oil and gas

* - 1 civilian killed, another wounded as result of Russian army shelling on Derhachi town in Kharkiv region

* - Russian military column moving from Antonivka to Kherson

* - Russian ministry of Defense claims control over Stavky, Krasnyi Partysan, Batmanka and Troitske in Donetsk region of Ukraine

* - Dnipro regional administration: Russia targeted military unit near Dnipro city with 2 missiles. Rescuers working on the site

* - 2 Russian Su-25 conducted strikes at Hirske, Luhansk region

* - UK Defense Ministry says Ukraine seized towns and positions up to 35 kilometres east of Kyiv after counter-attacks and Russians falling back on overextended supply lines

As a reminder -

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Yes they did.

Who was that?

Mr. Google shows a large number of russian conspiracies about 'threats', but no actual threats.

Do you see something different on Fantasy Island?

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Yes they did.

Who was that?

You're the one who made the claim so its up to you to support it. Just like I did with the logistics / communications debate a few pages back.

You would get different treatment because you provide sources, in my exchanges with Patriot he doesn’t bother.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Yes they did.

Who was that?

Mr. Google shows a large number of russian conspiracies about 'threats', but no actual threats.

No I saw the same thing you saw on fantasy Island, those American Hypersonic missiles that were:

“none of anyones business, until its time for business” - PatriotGames4u

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   

17:00 Units of the Russian Armed Forces have blockaded the town of Slavutych. This has been confirmed by the authorities of the Kiev region. Most of Slavutych’s residents were and are employees of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant.

16:50 The Russian Armed Forces have used high-precision weapons to disable 30 key factories of Ukraine’s defence industry, repairing 68% of weapons and equipment – Russian Defence Ministry.

16:08 Russian troops have blockaded Kyiv, Kharkiv, Chernihiv, Sumy and Mykolayiv, with Kherson Region and most of Zaporizhzhya Region under full control – Russian Defence Ministry.

15:34 The AFU General Staff has reported fighting near the settlement of Tikhotskoye in Kharkiv Region, a small village south of Izyum in the vicinity of Kamianka, where clashes have been taking place for several days.

15:30 Kyiv Region administration says the town of Slavutych near Chernobyl has been occupied by Russian troops.

13:44 More and more information is coming in about the use of social infrastructure facilities in Odessa to serve the needs of the AFU and territorial defence units. If anyone has been following the Syrian conflict closely, he remembers the fierce battles that broke out over hospital, hospital and school buildings, which were turned into powerful strongholds. Here is a list of the next sites privatised by the territorial defence units:
School no. 1 – 10 Mikhailovska Square
School No. 57 – Yamchitskogo 7
School No. 59 – Kanatnaya 89
School No. 94 – Marzlivska 60
School ¹ 101 – Bolshaya Arnautskaya 9
School Nr. 8 – Fontanska Street 110 – Hospital Nr. 8
Maternity hospital № 1 – Slepneva 3
Maternity hospital № 4 – Pavla Kravtsova 7

And if things are simpler with the schools – pupils have long since been sent on holiday or to remote work – the hospital and maternity hospitals continue to work, while terrorist squads restock Molotov cocktails and equip permanent firing points in the buildings.

13:40 “Odessa may be taken in ring” – Mayor Gennadiy Trukhanov.

13:10 In the liberated Genichesk, social payments to public sector employees have started. According to media reports, pensioners and state employees received 10,000 rubles each.

10:51 A group of “night hunters,” consisting of helicopters Ka-52 and Mi-28n, destroyed 24 pieces of military equipment, including 7 tanks, 5 BMPs, 3 APCs during the night strikes. Overnight, operational and army aviation hit 51 Ukrainian military facilities, including two command posts, three multiple rocket launcher installations, two Buk M-1 surface-to-air missile systems and one S-300 radar in the area of Dnipropetrovsk, three D-30 artillery pieces, two rocket and artillery weapons and ammunition depots and 26 areas where military equipment is concentrated – Russian Ministry of Defense.

link

20:25 People’s Militia of the Donetsk People’s Republic report the elimination of 43 Ukrainian nationalists since the beginning of the day.

18:52 93% of LPR territory and 54% of DPR territory liberated – Russian Defence Ministry. The defence ministry also published the text of a secret order of Ukrainian National Guard Commander Balan with a plan to prepare for an offensive in Donbas.

18:21 The building of the Horlivka meat processing plant located at 1a Khlebozavodska Street was damaged by the shelling.

17:52 As a result of shelling by Ukrainian nationalist gangs, the building of branch No. 1 of Gorlovsky meat processing plant of Profgarant LLC at 1 Khlebozavodska Street was damaged. A 3m2 wall, glazing (7 plastic window units), 2 interior plastic partitions, 20m2 of corrugated boarding on the building and a slab of the interfloor ceiling were damaged – Prikhodko.

17:09 The operational line of the JCCC of the DNR received information about another civilian, born in 1967, being wounded at 2/17 Stepana Shypachyova Street as a result of shelling from the AFU of the Tikhiy settlement in the Petrovsky district of Donetsk.

16:50 The DPR representative office said that the Ukrainian armed forces fired four shells at Yasynuvata.

16:30 LPR liberated 93% of republic’s territory, DPR – 54%, fighting for Mariupol continues – Russian Defence Ministry.

15:06 The Russian air force carries out a targeted strike on a fuel and lubricants base and a military depot of the Ukrainian armed forces in Kostyantynivka.

15:05 The DPR forces, with fire support from the RF Armed Forces, have liberated and established full control over 132 settlements, including: Aslanovo, Chersonese, Kellerovka, Yalta, Yurievka, Azovskoye, Melekino, Belosarayska Spit, Buryakovaya Balka, Portovskoye, Glubokoye, Ogorodne, Demyanovka, Urzuf, Kamyshevatoe, Starodubovka, Krasnaya Ukraina, Zakharovka, Babakh-Tarama, Novoyanisol, Lesnoe, Malovodnoe, Zaporozhye, Bakhchevik, Druzhnoe, Obilnoe, Polkovoye, Kirovske,

link

Link to previous update

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Figures on Russia-Ukraine conflict as of 25th March, source: en.m.wikipedia.org...

What Russia claim...
1,351 Russian soldiers killed in combat
3,825 Russian soldiers injured.

14,000 Ukrainian soldiers killed
16,000 Ukrainian soldiers wounded
572 captured

What Ukraine claim...
16,100 Russian soldiers killed

1,300 Ukrainian soldiers dead

562 Russian soldiers held as prisoners

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Yes they did.

Who was that?

No I saw the same thing you saw on fantasy Island, those American Hypersonic missiles that were:

Nice try to cover up the fact that russia was not threatened in any way before invading Ukraine.

Play all the games you want.

Everyone already knows.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   

So can we at least agree that both sides seem full of # when giving casualty details?

As far as I'm aware its pretty much common practice to lie about casualty figures in times of war.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Figures on Russia-Ukraine conflict as of 25th March, source: en.m.wikipedia.org...

What Russia claim...
1,351 Russian soldiers killed in combat
3,825 Russian soldiers injured.

14,000 Ukrainian soldiers killed
16,000 Ukrainian soldiers wounded
572 captured

What Ukraine claim...
16,100 Russian soldiers killed

1,300 Ukrainian soldiers dead

562 Russian soldiers held as prisoners

The 'story' about the russian commander being killed by his own troops would count for roughly 500 of russia's absurd 1351 claim.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Yes they did.

Who was that?

Nice try to cover up the fact that russia was not threatened in any way before invading Ukraine.

Everyone already knows.

Everyone = 7 Billion people

I bet you can’t even find 20 people.

Nice try on speaking for the world.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yeah, I mean logically how does either side know about other sides losses anyway.

Interestingly, both claim similar number of soldiers captured and soldiers dead on their own side. Almost like they tracking each other’s figures

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Yes they did.

Who was that?

Everyone already knows.

Everyone = 7 Billion people

I bet you can’t even find 20 people.

Nice try on speaking for the world.

The world's 7+ billion people are still waiting for some evidence of your claim that someone threatened russia in any way prior to russia invading Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 09:10 PM
link   

The Western view is that the Kremlin is supposed to understand and accept that the alliance’s activities, among them war games replete with American tanks staged in nearby Baltic states and rockets stationed in Poland and Romania – which the U.S. says are aimed at Iran – in no way present a threat to Russian security.

Source: www.google.com... sia-177999

Yeah if your IQ is below 75, you would fall for the claim that US missiles in Poland are aimed at Containing the Iranian threat. MHmmm sure. Of course...

Open Google maps, it’s free.. and explain how Placing missiles in Poland are aimed at Iran who don’t even have the missile capability for that type of coverage today let alone back in 2011 when those missiles got deployed. And even if it had a few missiles, why would it use them against Europe?

Again, smoke and mirrors... its 75 miles from Russia so while USA and NATO claim they are not a threat to Russia, I maintain that they are perceived as a threat by Russia and rightly so.

Let’s see what the following Notable, high ranking, US foreign policy experts think about the situation and ignore a bystander such as myself:

CIA director, William J. Burns, has been warning about the provocative effect of NATO expansion on Russia since 1995. That’s when Burns, then a political officer in the U.S. Embassy in Moscow, reported to Washington that “hostility to early NATO expansion is almost universally felt across the domestic political spectrum here.”

Oh well look at that, he concurs.

Who else?

George Kennan, the intellectual architect of America's containment policy during the Cold War, perceptively warned in a May 2, 1998 New York Times interview what NATO's move eastward would set in motion. "I think it is the beginning of a new cold war," he stated. "I think the Russians will gradually react quite adversely and it will affect their policies. I think it is a tragic mistake

Yeah tell me about it George, so why are some posters in this thread playing dumb? Acting like Russia doesnt have genuine security concerns? They aren’t being threatened?

Is there ANYONE else that agrees?? Let’s see who else of these high ranking officials we can dig out...

In his 2014 memoir, Duty, Robert M. Gates, who served as secretary of defense in both Bush's administration and Barack Obama's, conceded that "trying to bring Georgia and Ukraine into NATO was truly overreaching." That initiative, he concluded, was a case of "recklessly ignoring what the Russians considered their own vital national interests."

Source: www.newsweek.com...

Que the NATO apologetics, claiming the above is all hogwash and not evidence of any threat. I mean its okay for USA/NATO to perceive IRAN as a threat and deploy missiles all the way in POLAND jesus christ. But Russia threatened by NATO expansion? Nahhhh... that’s baloney right?

I mean what do these US policy makers know about the topic anyway? The experts are right here!!! In this thread!! Choking on potato chips and beer.

As usual I bring the facts, but they’re unfashionable around here.. even when its from the american side

edit on 25-3-2022 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2022 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Polish air defense missiles are a threat to russia?

Or the fact that some countries aspire to join a defensive alliance meant to defend against a russian invasion, is a threat to russia?

Sounds pretty absurd.

Thanks for all the jibberish, but it doesn't contain any actual threat to russia.

edit on 25-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 326  327  328    330  331  332 >>

join