It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 326
<< 323  324  325    327  328  329 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I wonder... Let's say:

- Russian troops leaving Kyiv, not to retreat or focus on Donbas, but to clear the soldiers before dropping a nuke i Kyiv.

Would the US respond by nuking Russian troops in Ukraine? Or even just conventionally bomb the crap out of them.

What comes next?

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

I doubt they would nuke Kyiv. A nuke along the border where NATO troops enter is another story.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice
Lavrov, today march 25th:

Kremlin official says West has declared 'total war' on Russia

The Hill

Things are going a little too fast now....

Even Lavrov must KNOW that is utter BS

Total war looks very different to providing limited weapons and a few sanctions.

But I don't like the way that it appears that the Kremlin seem to have changed their story from the "denazifcation"nonsense into a very anti west/EU/US tale-I have heard them refer to "NATO waging a holocaust" and blaming the US for everything,and saying this is a fight for our childrens future.

That is for Russian audiences,but it suggests to me that they wish to get their population ready,in case they decide to expand the war which is pretty scary.

Oh in case ts not been posted here-this video claims to show a thermobaric barage of rockets hitting a (supposedly empty)steelworks in Mariupol a few days ago.
The actual footage starts at 1:42

Hopefully it was empty as it does not look very survivable for anyone inside those buildings.

edit on 25/3/2022 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The man is ruling the whole country from the room without windows but the opinions of others do matter to him. That is obvious by now.

I was reading the other day about the 'meme war against Putin'. It's illegal to share this picture in Russia for e.g.:

It is classified as extremism. More on this here:The Washington Post

Russia has banned a picture depicting President Vladimir Putin as a potentially gay clown.

All this fooling around is affecting and damaging the image of Putin's government. This person has a point on all the 'disarray of Russian order':
FastCompany.com

The Russian invasion of Ukraine has quickly snowballed into one of the great calamities of the 21st century, sure to have unforeseen consequences for years to come. And yet, in the midst of the death, destruction, and geopolitical turmoil, the memes continue.

Perhaps this is not as nonsensical as it sounds; perhaps even in such a dispiriting moment, online silliness has a role to play.

All of this may seem like a mere escapist distraction from grim world events, and for some that’s probably part of it. But this viral mockery is something more. Parallel to the brutal armed conflict happening on the ground in Ukraine, and a burgeoning economic war playing out almost globally, there’s a distinctly 21st century information war underway, too. Putin, the former KGB officer, knows quite well the importance of controlling the narrative, and undermining the reputations and credibility of rivals.
But the global peanut gallery of meme-makers have, however informally, joined this effort, conducting what amounts to grass-roots, bottom-up information warfare on their own. Think of it as the people’s propaganda. Performing visual shenanigans with these absurd pieces of furniture makes a completely sincere point: This man is not a great leader, he is a paranoid and isolated one, out of touch and possibly nuts. He looks like a fool.

And the damage that causes is no joke. Russia is suffering a “public-relations catastrophe,”[...]

[...]they stand as evidence that Putin’s reputation has changed, his status undermined, probably permanently. The people’s propaganda only works—only spreads—if it rings true.

Laugh away I say. If we'll be lucky, he might just eventually implode and cave in.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Spanish government leak

Apparently the Spanish government has had an intelligence report leaked now.
It states that Putin is likely to attack a Nato country and that "escalation is guaranteed"

The initial paragraph talks about how the same source told the paper to "watch Ukaine" two days before Putin pushed the war button and invaded.

edit on 25/3/22 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

What comes next is the Ukraine kick Russia's arse back across the border or a long and drawn out protracted conflict reminiscent of the troubles in Northern Ireland.

NATO wont touch them unless they attack a NATO nation.

But the will keep on supplying Ukrainians with the munitions and equipment they require do to the job on their own.

What comes next is the slow demise of Putin's regime never mind Sweden and Finland possibly joining NATO thus making Putin's "special military exercise" aka invasion of his peaceful neighbour rather redundant in the first place.

Basically the daft bastard has suck his own battleship.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Ukraine War Mystery: What Happened To Putin's Little Green Men? || 2022

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Yup, those look like thermobaric.

I have seen that footage before but I didn't see the flame flashes then. I think it was a Russian site that posted it as well.

It is so hard to tell if the footage has been doctored anymore.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Again... trying to apply logic to an illogical situation.

It doesn't matter what we think or if Lavrov knows its BS.
He said it...

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

dear universe... that's destructive

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It's A Disaster: Russian Troops Are Now Turning On Each Other

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Did Biden really say this?

Joe Biden visits Poland later today - home to more than two million Ukrainian refugees - after earlier warning that NATO would respond "in-kind" if Russia uses chemical weapons;

news.sky.com...

What a stupid thing to say-If NATO responded "in kind" that would make NATO war criminals.
Plus the comment will no doubt be used by the kremlin to tell russians that NATO are threatening to use chemical weapons.

Its this kind of mindless babble that could lead to escalation.
Someone should put gaffer tape on Bidens mouth before he speaks and gets us all into number 3

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

The thing about all this mockery.... its not doing anything...

So what do you recommend?
Hide underneath a door placed over the bath and wait for the inevitable....or simply give in to Putin's bullying and intimidation?

I prefer having a little giggle to myself at the absurdity of it all....and if it all goes tits up I'd prefer to go with a smile on my face and not crapping my pants!

At the end of the day there is absolutely nothing we can do about it....so bring on the meme's and the piss taking.👍
🍺🍺🍺

Totally agreed

'Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.' - Elbert Hubbard

Meanwhile in Kremlin:

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Pieces are moving....

- Russians leaving Kyiv
- Lavrov stating total war with west
- Russia negotiating deal in Iran..... to have a foot inside.
- Russia will go for Kazakstan to control their resources.
- Houthis just drone attacked a Saudi Oil field today (Houthis are friends with Russia... less Saudi Oil, higher price Kazak oil)
- Intelligence suggests Russia is about to attack a NATO country
- Potential targets? Moldova...? Lithuania (to clear a path to Kaliningrad?)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   

not sure what he meant by In-kind...according to a whtehouse release, the US wont use chemical weapons under any circumstance.

White House says US won't use chemical weapons 'under any circumstance'

National security adviser Jake Sullivan clarified the United States would not retaliate with chemical weapons, despite President Joe Biden saying he would respond "in kind," should Russian President Vladimir Putin tap into his chemical arsenal in Ukraine.

"The United States has no intention of using chemical weapons, period, under any circumstance," Sullivan told reporters Friday on Air Force One.

edit on 25-3-2022 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Is there some reason you keep posting videos addressed to me?

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

In kind would imply tactical nukes to assure that no more chems were launched.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I don't believe Russia is planning to attack any NATO countries unless they attack first. It would make zero sense.

<< 323  324  325    327  328  329 >>

join