It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 328
<< 325  326  327    329  330  331 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   
How The West Sabotaged Ukraine

After virtue signaling an implied commitment to allowing Ukraine into the EU, it is now being made clear that it will not be admitting Ukraine any time soon. Neither Washington nor Europe is using its power and influence to conduct diplomacy with Russia to facilitate a settlement to the conflict. Indeed it appears that all the US-led West is willing to do is throw a lot of weapons at Ukraine, which will keep the war going, maximize death and destruction for Ukrainians that will never lead to a victory over Russia, and create blowback risks to the West.

Source: original.antiwar.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Is Victory For Ukraine Worth Risking Nuclear War?

How did we get here?

We got here by exploiting our Cold War victory as an opportunity to move NATO, our Cold War alliance, into a dozen countries in Central and Eastern Europe, up to the borders of Russia. Then, we started to bring Ukraine into NATO, the constituent republic of the old Soviet Union with the longest and deepest history with Mother Russia.

Thus, while Putin started this war, the US set the table for it. We pushed our military alliance, NATO, set up in 1949 to contain and, if necessary, fight Russia, 1,000 miles to the east, right into Russia’s face.

Source: original.antiwar.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:02 PM
link   
New update today.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

Ukraine continues to receive large swathes of military aid

And why shouldn't it ?

After mad dog Putin's illegal invasion of Ukraine, do you believe Ukraine should just surrender ? Or would you feel better if it was bombed into oblivion ?

edit on 25-3-2022 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Did ANYONE threaten russia in ANY way before russia invaded Ukraine?

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: ColoradoTemplar
I just spoke to a Marine a few minutes ago in North Carolina who was boarding a plane and he said their group is headed to Kosovo right now. He said this just last minute all of a sudden, FYI

most likely because of Russia trying to destabilize the Balkans.

Might as well throw China in there too.

China fires back at NATO’s ill intention on Ukraine crisis amid anniversary of Yugoslavia bombing

Li Haidong, a professor at the Institute of International Relations of the China Foreign Affairs University in Beijing, told the Global Times on Friday that NATO has not reflected on its evil behavior against China in 1999 at all, but intends to smear and marginalize China.

On May 9, 1999, the US-led NATO brazenly attacked the Chinese Embassy in Yugoslavia with missiles, resulting in the death of three Chinese journalists and many injuries. Li said NATO showed its arrogance and ambition of strengthening itself by creating crisis and turbulence. The expert said touching on China means the bloc's attempt to expand to a global NATO.

The Chinese Foreign Ministry on Friday said NATO's act of aggression will never be forgotten by the Serbian people, the Chinese people and the people around the world, amid the bitter 23rd anniversary of the Yugoslavia bombing in 1999 and NATO's latest smear.

On March 24, 1999, NATO started a 78-day bombing of Yugoslavia, causing thousands of casualties including three Chinese citizens, and displacing hundreds of thousands. Twenty-three years on, the US-driven NATO did not stop its expansion and aggression, fanning the flames on the Ukraine crisis and pressing China with groundless accusations.

[link] www.globaltimes.cn...[/link]

edit on 25-3-2022 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I have a question....

Would it be a problem if a Ukrainian citizen took it upon himself to use chemical weapons against the invading Russians?
Say there happened to be a rail car full of pure ammonia or chlorine or something else nasty, and instead of aiming his javelin at the Russian tank in the front of a line of 20, he aims at the big chlorine tank and takes out the crews of all 20 tanks intact. Would that be a war crime? He might be defending his own backyard.

Because if MY country were to be invaded I would use anything at my disposal against the invaders, and we should expect nothing less from the Ukrainians. So how does that work? Are the "home country" defenders allowed to use anything they want? That would make sense to me, I think you should be able to use whatever you have access to in your defense.

Then the result of that is chem weapons are being used and how can you be sure who did it. Russians could capture Uke chem weapons & use them. How does this work?

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Twitter
More on Euronews

Also Macron:

The requirement to pay for Russian gas in rubles does not correspond to the contracts concluded.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Ukraine continues to receive large swathes of military aid

And why shouldn't it ?

After mad dog Putin's illegal invasion of Ukraine, do you believe Ukraine should just surrender ? Or would you feel better if it was bombed into oblivion ?

First of all, even before the fighting broke out, the United States had intentionally hyped up tensions between Russia and Ukraine instead of pooling efforts to smooth things over.

And now with NATO heavily arming Ukraine, instead of putting the same effort into diplomacy and addressing Putins security concerns, this will only serve to “ keep the war going, maximize death and destruction for Ukrainians that will never lead to a victory over Russia”. I said this weeks ago, in a thread I authored.
US-led west continues to heavily arm Ukraine, Russia continues to step up the assault till nothing left of Ukraine.

I’d also feel better if there were less double standards going around the world, plenty of other nations need military aid too. But this coalition of NATO and US are no where to be seen right now:

“the secretary general of the Norwegian Refugee Council. "The people of Yemen need the same level of support and solidarity that we’ve seen for the people of Ukraine” source: original.antiwar.com...

All life is equal but here Yemen has 233K deaths vs Ukraine 1k deaths. And no assistance from NATO.

So let’s see some equality or is it because Yemens atrocities are directly inflicted by USAs “friend”. There are dimensions of politics to all these current events that sweep right over your pretty little head.

edit on 25-3-2022 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

Did ANYONE threaten russia in ANY way before russia invaded Ukraine?

Yes they did.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bounder

From a private citizen perspective whose country is being attack - no.

From a legal / international law perspective - yes.

The moment a civilian picks up a weapon (doesnt matter if its a gun, rocket, plane, improvised explosives, rocks, sticks etc) they are no longer considered a civilian under the Geneva convention and becomes fair game, just like a soldier in uniform.

The flip side of that argument is when one country violates the Geneva convention, it actually allows the opposing army to legally retaliate. So if a civilian uses make shift chemical weapons, it can (and moist likely will) allow Russia to respond "in kind".

edit on 25-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Valhall

You are welcome

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   

All life is equal but here Yemen has 233K deaths vs Ukraine 1k deaths.

The war in Yemen is a civil war. Both sides of that war have encouraged outside intervention.

Ukraine has been " Invaded " Do you know the difference ?

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:32 PM
link   

The question wasn't if Russian PERCEIVED they were being threatened (especially not an unhinged Putin's perception). The question was were they explicitly threatened.

I believe the answer is no.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:33 PM
link   
For those discussing the incident where a Russian CO was run over by his soldier. Not sure if its been updated but the Colonel died at the hospital. The vehicle used to run him over was a tank.

Russian troops attack own commanding officer after suffering heavy losses

Ukrainian journalist Roman Tsymbaliuk said in a post on Facebook that Russian Col. Yuri Medvedev was attacked after fighting in Ukraine left nearly half of the men in the 37th Motor Rifle Brigade dead, The Washington Post reported.

Tsymbaliuk said the brigade injured both of Medvedev's legs by hitting him with a tank, causing him to be hospitalized, according to the newspaper.

The incident occurred roughly 30 miles from Kyiv, in Makariv, Ukraine, the Post reported. The country reportedly retook the town this week after Russia gained control of it earlier in the war.

A senior Western official told the newspaper that he thinks Medvedev has died, saying the incident shows the low morale among the Russian troops in Ukraine.

He was killed "as a consequence of the scale of the losses taken by his own brigade," the official said, according to the Post.

NATO estimated earlier this week that as many as 15,000 Russian soldiers have been killed as Ukraine continues to mount fierce resistance against Moscow's assault.

Several high-ranking officers are reported to be among the deceased, with Russian officials reportedly confirming Sunday that a navy commander had been killed and Russian state TV saying last week that one of the country's top commanders had died, among others.

Russia has been accused by the U.S. of committing war crimes in the conflict, as Ukrainian officials say Moscow is targeting civilians and structures such as hospitals, schools, residential buildings and bomb shelters.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Brief summary:
- the generals said Russia had always intended only to 'liberate' the Donbas, that was what it set out to do;
- move on to next phase, which will only be focused on the east, which could involve heavy bombardment;
- Russia had never intended to capture Kyiv, Kharkiv and other cities. the plan was to distract Ukrainian forces while Russia/ Donetsk/ Luhansk made territorial gains in the east;
- Numerous statements made about not targeting civilian infrastructure, avoiding civilian casualties.
- also shared a new official figure for the number of Russian soldiers killed: 1,351.

More here:Twitter

Full speech in eng here.

An 'exit strategy' maybe?
I am very curious what was the objective of a phase one. Was it sth to do with getting their a*ses kicked?

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bounder

Because if MY country were to be invaded I would use anything at my disposal against the invaders

I said the same on day one of this mess. Come in my house with ill intent, then I play by the rules that suit me, not what suits the international community. Nobody can tell me the limits I can go to to ensure my survival.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

First of all, even before the fighting broke out, the United States had intentionally hyped up tensions between Russia and Ukraine instead of pooling efforts to smooth things over.

No, first of all you dont come to a bargaining table with tanks and blood supplies.

And now with NATO heavily arming Ukraine, instead of putting the same effort into diplomacy and addressing Putins security concerns

I've asked this before and you keep eluding the answer....what security concerns? They'd have no concerns if they weren't a tyranical, unhinged, paranoid, and inept government.

I’d also feel better if there were less double standards going around the world, plenty of other nations need military aid too. But this coalition of NATO and US are no where to be seen right now:

NATO always comes to the defense of NATO member states. WTH are you talking about? They want help, do what it takes to become a NATO member....it's that simple.

So let’s see some equality or is it because Yemens atrocities are directly inflicted by USAs “friend”. There are dimensions of politics to all these current events that sweep right over your pretty little head.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   
SO if Ukraine is still somewhat intact when this is over they could be charged with war crimes if they use chemical weapons in their defense? Or would it be a situation where the prosecutor declines to prosecute since they were defending their territory from an illegal invasion? I would think that the invader responding in kind would be committing a war crime, but the defender should be excused.

a reply to: Xcathdra

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   
* - The Biden Administration is set to impose a new round of sanctions, this time going after companies that are part of Russia's military and intelligence procurement networks

* - In Zhytomyr, a Russian missile hit a military unit - city mayor

* - Hong Kong police fine 3 pro-Ukraine protesters under Covid rules, following Zelensky's call for global demos

* - Ukrainian army also in Vilkhivka

* - Ukrainian army cleared Mala Rohan near Kharkiv

* - Germany sent 1500 Strela air defense missiles and 100 MG3 machine guns to Ukraine. And then 8 million small arms ammunition. 350,000 packages of food, 50 vehicles for medical transport and material for medical treatment were also sent

* - Ukrainian army is in full control of Novovorontsovka village in Kherson region

* - Clashes continue in Mariupol'

* - Hazardous air quality condition in Kharkiv as result of continuous fires from shelling

* - [=b]Macron: I hope to speak with Putin in the coming hours about plans to evacuate Mariupol. French President Emmanuel Macron says that France, Turkey, Greece will carry out an "exceptional humanitarian operation" "for all those who want to leave" the Ukrainian city of Mariupol, which has faced near total destruction after an unrelenting Russian bombing campaign

* - Russian troops kidnapped the head of the village of Motyzhin, Kyiv region, Olha Sukhenko, along with her son and husband

* - European Commission President: We have taken an additional package of sanctions to dry up the sources of funding for the Russian war machine

* - At a briefing in Rzeszów, President Biden again called Putin a "war criminal," after the State Department announced this week its formal assessment that Russian forces have committed war crimes in Ukraine

* - Czech Republic MoD won't attend V4 MoDs meeting in Hungary next week. "Russia oil is more important for Hungary politicians than Ukraine️ blood now," she tweeted

* - Recent satellite imagery shows damage to Kherson airport from strikes earlier this month

* - US military official says Russians losing control of Kherson. "It doesn't appear to be as solidly under Russian control as before."

* - 350 people were evacuated from Mykolaiv to Odesa

* - In Warsaw thousands of Ukrainians and Poles are welcoming President Biden to Poland by calling for "Arms for Ukraine" - "Bron dla Ukrainy"

* - Rally in support of Ukraine in Warsaw

* - At about 4:30 p.m., the Russian military fired six cruise missiles at the Armed Forces Command in Vinnytsia. Some of them were shot down by air defense

* - Turkish President Erdogan had a telephone conversation with President of Ukraine Zelensky. During the call, the situation on the ground and the stage of negotiations in the Russia-Ukraine war were discussed

* - 3 Russian cruise missiles were shot down over Odesa today

As a reminder -

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

top topics

<< 325  326  327    329  330  331 >>

join