It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 323
<< 320  321  322    324  325  326 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: wordforword

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: wordforword

Guys that took out the tanks might be Americans or Canadians from foreign voluntiers.

The one being interviewed is British. He has a Union Jack on his jacket, below the cross belts.

If we are talking about thi s video, I think he's James Vasquez. American. His Twitter.

The video capture:

This village has been Russian occupied for a month, they terrorized the people and took their food. Today we entered, took out 7 tanks and countless Russians thus liberating these people

The video is here. Posted at 5.09

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: wordforword

Guys that took out the tanks might be Americans or Canadians from foreign voluntiers.

The one being interviewed is British. He has a Union Jack on his jacket, below the cross belts.

If we are talking about thi s video, I think he's James Vasquez. American. His Twitter.

The video capture:

This village has been Russian occupied for a month, they terrorized the people and took their food. Today we entered, took out 7 tanks and countless Russians thus liberating these people

The video is here. Posted at 5.09

twitter.com...

Oh yeah, re-watched this. Yap, there's the flag.
Somebody is commenting that 'The UA is getting clothing where they can find it, from whomever is willing to provide it.' Might be that. He speaks Ukrainian in the video?

Well, no matter what, Russian media says British for sure are involved (one way or another)
:

Twitter link

It confirms my theory that most of the mercenaries are primarily concerned with culture. For the reference, see Salisbury 'toxic tourists'.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Right at the start of this conflict I watched a video of a guy in the UK who was sending a lot of UK Army surplus gear to Ukraine but he was told he had to make sure all UK national emblems and insignia etc had been stripped off them?

But I guess that restriction may not stretch to volunteers taking their own equipment with them.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 05:58 AM
link   

In Mariupol, Ukrainian neo-Nazis, among whom, as you know, there are a lot of criminals and drug addicts, are simply resorting to sophisticated atrocities in order to save their lives and get out of the surrounded city.

– So, on March 20, 2022, the terrorists of the Azov Battalion killed the parents of two underage children and, hiding behind the same children, tried to leave Mariupol along the humanitarian corridor in Zaporozhye in a car belonging to the family, but they were identified and promptly detained by Russian military personnel, and the children were saved , they are provided with the necessary assistance, – said the head of the National Center for Defense Control of Russia, Mikhail Mizintsev.

link

I have seen videos of suspected Azov being detained trying to escape Mariupol dressed up as women but this is just a level of sickness beyond any other I have heard. I read the story days ago on Telegram but now I am seeing it show up on other sites.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:02 AM
link   
EXCLUSIVE Russian missiles in Ukraine have failure rate of up to 60%, U.S. officials say

Russian precision-guided missiles are failing up to 60% of the time in Ukraine, three U.S. officials with knowledge of intelligence on the issue told Reuters, a possible explanation for the poor progress of Russia's invasion.

Though Reuters could not determine what a standard failure rate would be for air-launched cruise missiles, two experts interviewed by Reuters said any failure rate of 20% and above would be considered high.

Failures can include anything from launch failures to a missile failing to explode on impact.

[url=https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/exclusive-us-assesses-up-60-failure-rate-some-russian-missiles-officials-say-2022-03-24/]Link[ /url]

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:05 AM
link   

edit on 3/25/2022 by TheRedneck because: Removed for Spam

link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Some analysts are speculating the Russian use of hypersonic missiles is down to them running out of the conventional sorts of both missile and artillery.

I'm thinking there cupboards might be a bit bare.

edit on 25-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

link   
staff edit
edit on Fri Mar 25 2022 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Right at the start of this conflict I watched a video of a guy in the UK who was sending a lot of UK Army surplus gear to Ukraine but he was told he had to make sure all UK national emblems and insignia etc had been stripped off them?

But I guess that restriction may not stretch to volunteers taking their own equipment with them.

Makes sense. There's no need for any unnecessary interpretations by certain individuals. I've read that some are already trying to spin James Vasquez phrase 'welcome to America'.

Poor guy was explaining himself:

I just want to make it clear I’m the only American I’ve seen here. I don’t want the Russian propaganda machine saying there is a battalion of Americans which I’ve already seen. Here alone on my own accord in a complete voluntary capacity

Twitter link

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Ukraine’s denazification operation: operational summary on 25 March (updated)
25.03.2022 12:19
Ukraine's denazification operation: operational summary on 25 March (updated)
10:51 A group of “night hunters,” consisting of helicopters Ka-52 and Mi-28n, destroyed 24 pieces of military equipment, including 7 tanks, 5 BMPs, 3 APCs during the night strikes. Overnight, operational and army aviation hit 51 Ukrainian military facilities, including two command posts, three multiple rocket launcher installations, two Buk M-1 surface-to-air missile systems and one S-300 radar in the area of Dnipropetrovsk, three D-30 artillery pieces, two rocket and artillery weapons and ammunition depots and 26 areas where military equipment is concentrated – Russian Ministry of Defense.

10:50 On the evening of 24 March, high-precision sea-launched Kalibr cruise missiles struck a fuel base in the village of Kalynivka near Kiev, the Russian Defence Ministry said. It destroyed the largest remaining fuel base of the Ukrainian Armed Forces from which fuel was supplied to military units in the central part of the country.

09:34 In Kharkiv, a local resident filmed the work of AFU artillery from a residential area and seconds later a response flew in.

09:30 Ukrainian media and TG channels report a missile strike on a military unit in Dnipropetrovsk.

09:07 Iskander missiles destroy foreign mercenary training base in Ukraine – Russian Defence Ministry.

07:13 The Russian Defence Ministry continues to assist the local population (Chernobayivka and Antonivka in the Kherson region) with the delivery of humanitarian aid.

07:05 Mi-28UB attack helicopters destroy AFU targets in Kharkiv Oblast.

07:04 A company stronghold of Ukrainian nationalists is destroyed. Interview with the leading crew commander of the Ka-52 reconnaissance attack helicopter.

link

Military report of the LPR. Situation on the line of contact on March 25 (updated)
25.03.2022 13:48
Military report of the LPR. Situation on the line of contact on March 25 (updated)
13:48 DPR forces continue to liberate Mariupol, liberated areas receive aid. Specialized agencies, the DPR Ministry of Emergency Situations and Ministry of Health, volunteers are already working in Mariupol, and a relief headquarters has been set up – DPR head Denis Pushilin.

13:30 Shelling of AFU Novozvanovka – Pervomaisk : 122mm artillery (10 shells) – LPR representation in JCCC and negotiation process.

13:26 The shelling of the village of Ozeryanivka and the village of Mykhailivka, which is in Horlivka’s Central City District, resulted in the burning of a field near the Horlivka paper factory – Prikhodko.

13:01 Shelling was recorded from the direction of the AFU:

– Krasnogorovka settlement – Mikhailovka settlement: 20 rockets from BM-21 “Grad” were fired;

– Novomikhailovka – Luhanske: 40 rockets from BM-21 Grad were fired;

– n.a. Troitske – n.a. Ozeryanivka: 7 grenades were fired from LNGs, and small arms were also used;

– Pobeda – Aleksandrovka: 4 shells of 122 mm calibre were fired.

12:30 The operational line of the JCCC of the DPR received information that a civilian was mortally wounded as a result of the shelling of Kirovsky district of Donetsk at 50 Dagestanskaya Street. The victim’s details are being established.

Damage was also reported as a result of shelling by the AFU of the Lidiyivka village of Kirovskyi District of Donetsk at 6 Bastionnaya Street.

Information about the consequences of the shelling is still being received.

12:14 Ukrainian armed formations shelled the village of Ozeryanivka and the settlement of Mykhailivka, which is in Gorlovka’s Tsentralno-Gorodsky district.

11:25 Today Donetsk was attacked by two shells fired by Ukrainian punishers from Tochka-U tactical missile system. The photo shows traces of a shell that fell in Avdotino settlement on Novozavodskaya street. A crater 15m in diameter, 5m deep and the consequences of the second shell landing on Leninsky Ave.

11:16 There was recorded shelling from the direction of Krasnogorovka settlement – Donetsk (Trudivska mine settlement) from the direction of AFU: 6 shells of 122 mm calibre were fired. – JCCC.

10:53 A school in the centre of Mariupol. Nazis from “Azov” were in it and in neighbouring houses still at night. The Russian and DPR armies were fighting for the area. “Azovists” covered themselves with civilians and kept their equipment in the courtyard of this school.

10:30 LPR People’s Militia forces destroyed a Ukrainian stronghold near the town of Popasna.

10:27 Mariupol girl, 17, killed by Ukrainian sniper as she went with her father to fetch water.

10:13 The AFU shelled the Nikitov district of Horlivka. A shell burst between Komsomolets residential area and Kirov settlement was recorded. Residents to go to shelters – Gorlovka mayor.

В результате ночного обстрела ВФУ Кировского района значительные повреждения получил многоквартирный жилой дом по ул. Петровского, 129.
09:15 As a result of the night-time shelling of the Kirovskiy district, the apartment building at 129 Petrovskogo Street suffered significant damage. A direct hit from a shell destroyed part of the outer wall on the 8th floor. The wall between the flats on the 7th floor was also damaged and window blocks and balcony doors were knocked out – Kulemzin.

As a result of the night-time shelling of the Kirovskyi district, the apartment building at 129 Petrovskyi Street suffered significant damage.

09:06 Operational line of JCCC DPR received information about wounding of a civilian in Kirovsky district of Donetsk as a result of shelling from AFU: a woman born in 1984.

Ten civilians were also reported wounded as a result of shelling by the AFU of a previously liberated part of Mariupol:

– a man born in 1972.
– A man born in 1965.
– man born in 1990
– man born in 1978
– man born in 1947
– female b. 1978
– man born 1983
– female b. 1972
– man born in 1968
– a woman born in 1972.

The victims were taken to medical institutions of the republic, where they are provided with necessary medical care.

08:21 This is how houses on Shchipachyova Street in the Petrovsky district look like after a night-time shelling of AFU.

Так выглядят жилые дома по улице Щипачева в Петровском районе после ночного артобстрела ВФУ.
This is how residential buildings in Shchipacheva Street in Petrovsky district look like after night-time shelling of AFU.This is how residential buildings in Shchipacheva Street in Petrovsky district look like after night-time shelling of AFU

08:04 Children whose parents were shot by Ukrainian Nazis have been evacuated from Mariupol. The eldest gathered the little ones in the yard and hid them in the basement until the liberators of Donbass found them. The children feared to the last that they would be killed, not realizing that they had actually been rescued.

07:57 Ukrainian punitive battalions continue killing civilians in Donbas. As a result of a direct hit to a residential building at 22 Dargomyzhsky Street in Petrovsky district (Mine 29 settlement) a woman – Kulemzin – was killed.

07:35 AFU shelling at Krasnogorovka – Donetsk (Petrovsky district): 3 shells of 122mm calibre were fired. – JCCC.

link

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Good if true. Gives me a tiny bit of tingle to think maybe that nuke pointed at me won’t leave the pad without blowing up, get into orbit, or arm correctly.

edit on 25-3-2022 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Not sure when or where this was filmed...

CALLING ALL EXPLOSION EXPERTS

Someone on twitter just posted this. It could look like a fuel air bomb, but could it be a small tactical nuke?

Huge plume

There is roughly a 24 second delay from the plume starts till the sound reaches the guy filming. Giving a rough distance of 8 km to the explosion.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

I certainly hope not.

With the amount of satellite coverage that must be directed towards Ukraine.

My guess is they will be able to observe and detect the use of tactical nuclear munitions in a heartbeat.

Any idea what was targeted?
edit on 25-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I havent been able to find it anywhere yet. Might be the original poster.

Also I just saw the post before mine. Could this be the fuel depot getting bombed?

EDIT: Ah nvm... they write the depot was hit at night.
edit on 25/3/22 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   

It was a chemical factory that manufactured explosives.

It went boom.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   

i posted this a few days ago. best guess was a thermoberic bomb. Never did hear abut the aftermath though, so who knows...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Thanks! Still odd there was no mention of this. That is huge! Could be an old recording from one of the previous 2

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Polish president's plane makes emergency landing in Warsaw ahead of Biden visit

WARSAW, March 25 (Reuters) - The airplane carrying Polish President Andrzej Duda to meet U.S. President Joe Biden in eastern Poland has made an emergency landing after returning to Warsaw, Duda's advisor Jakub Kumoch was cited as saying by state-run news agency PAP on Friday.

finance.yahoo.com...

not necessairly related to the war, but it might be...

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

It was a chemical factory that manufactured explosives.

It went boom.

Do you have the link for that claim?

Bec now speculations vary from, nukes to chem weapons used. (Previously posted Mushroom

It would be nice to come to the right conclusion.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I don't have the link saved. I did post it in this thread a few days ago.

<< 320  321  322    324  325  326 >>

join