It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 320
<< 317  318  319    321  322  323 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Updating on my own post:

Reuters

Russia's powerful defence minister resurfaced in a short snippet of video footage aired by state media on Thursday after dropping out of public view for days during Russia's war in Ukraine.
Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov played down that speculation on Thursday, saying that Shoigu had a lot on his plate and it was understandable he was not devoting a lot of time to media appearances.

"The defence minister has a lot on his mind right now. A special military operation is underway. Now is not really the time for media activity," Peskov told reporters.

Twitter

Full video

He's alive! All good then.

Gin

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Yeah it can happen to anyone. I just hope everyone remembers to be a bit more sceptic with everything they see on the internet even if it comes from a "trusted" source. The official Defence of Ukraine account on twitter posted this helicopter clip too and tried to pass it as something real. Of course when people pointed them the obvious that it was fake, it got deleted pretty quick.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

Defending one's country is not Invading If Putin started loosing infrastructure in Moscow he might just change his mind set .

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

Defending one's country is not Invading If Putin started loosing infrastructure in Moscow he might just change his mind set .

Ukrainians are defending themselves on their own territory. They are not the aggressors.
Ukraine is not killing unarmed Russian civilians in Russia. They are responding to the Russian army attacking them on their own land.

Imagine, Ukraine would bomb Russia though. Lets say, the itch would prevail. Then Putin is suddenly right about Ukrainians all the time: they are killing Russians, they always wanted to do that! Certain populace don't care about the context. They would take this fact and would shove it to everyone's face, and we would never hear the end of this.

I am glad Ukrainians are keeping to their land. No kamikaze sh*t. They definitely could bomb Russia. But then the war would be lost for Ukrainians all together.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: wordforword

Imagine, Ukraine would bomb Russia though. Lets say, the itch would prevail. Then Putin is suddenly right about Ukrainians all the time: they are killing Russians, they always wanted to do that! Certain populace don't care about the context. They would take this fact and would shove it to everyone's face, and we would never hear the end of this.

Some news sources are claiming Putin may start bombing Russian factories so he can get support for full mobilisation/draft-

Ilya Ponomarev, 46, claimed the Russian security service is preparing to target chemical plants in Russia in attacks that will see thousands of civilians die.
The terrorist-style operations will be blamed on Ukrainian saboteurs, claimed Ponomarev, who eight years go was the only Russian politician to vote against Vladimir Putin's annexation of Crimea.
Ponomarev said the plot, which had been leaked by a security source, will be used to justify a general mobilisation in order to compensate for crippling losses for the Russian troops during their barbaric invasion of Ukraine.

www.msn.com...

He has already pulled a trick like this before when his FSB bombed a residential building in Moscow,killing 300,in order to kick start the (2nd?) Chechen war.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

Well let’s be honest, if my feelings were hurt so easily I wouldn’t still be in this thread facing so much resistance against what I have to say.

Like I said before, I've got a sort of grudging respect for that......but then you go and spoil it with;

I take offence to your use of terminology “regime”.....

Offence.....really?

You're resilient.....but you do seem a tadge hyper-sensitive, we are what we are.

Don’t care about being viewed as a rebel, I voice my own beliefs regardless of what the mainstream narrative is because I reach my own conclusion rather than following the crowd because its fashionable to do so in the eyes of many.

Fair enough....but so many people simply take a stance because they want to be seen to be opposing what they allege or believe to be the mainstream viewpoint.
Maybe sometimes the mainstream viewpoint is correct - not often, but sometimes.
Again, some people just seem to take a particular stance because they want to be perceived as some sort of 'rebel'.

I take offence to your use of terminology “regime” when it is not applied equally to other nations. If you view America or Britain as a regime in the same light than thats fair.

The difference is that whether we like our government or not it most certainly is not a 'regime' as such.
Whether I like our electoral system - which I don't - or not we still get a chance to vote whichever brand of scumbag currently residing in Downing Street out of office.
And they are not brutally repressing all opposition, political opponents are not being imprisoned, we can still have freedom speech - well, more or less - and other democratic freedoms.
Russians have lost most of these and all opposition to Putin is brutally suppressed.

As much as I dislike the UK/US's and other 'western' nations systems to liken them to that of Putin's in simply wrong.

I take offence.....

There we go again.

As for the rest?
Still no outright condemnation of Putin for quite clearly threatening first strike nuclear weapons if HE feels justified.....something literally no other leader has ever done!
You still can not bring yourself to unequivocally criticise him for that.

As has been repeatedly stated:
Yes there have been some awful foreign policy decisions made by UK/US/EU/NATO etc.
But none of that justifies Putin invading Ukraine and killing people.

I'm loathe to use this term but all I see is 'whataboutisms'.

I condemn war, and I condemn invading nations who have not attacked you first.

Ukraine has not invaded Russia, so.....?

.... and the fabricated narratives that are a danger to world peace....

By far the biggest threat to world peace at this present moment in time is Putin with his threats of using nuclear weapons if he doesn't get his own way.

in catalysing the very same conflicts and sowing needless hate towards perceived enemies.

And Russia isn't 'sowing needless hate towards perceived enemies' in Ukraine?

So yeah to conclude, I condemn Russia yet I do not see how else they could have responded to NATO expansion and provocations therefore I acknowledge their reasoning.

Well, not invading Ukraine and killing people and then threatening the world with nuclear war would have been good starting points!

NATO didnt work hard enough to avoid the build up to this conflict and these are the words of the FORMER US DEFENCE SECRETARY HIMSELF.

Maybe so....but it still doesn't excuse or justify Putin's actions in any way, shape or form.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Hitler's main skills lay in being a half decent orator who played to the peoples fears and fallibility.

And if your Mans leadership strength was so strong then why have to institute the night of the long knives?

Ile take my own "arm chair opinions" over your admiration for sick perverts, deviants, and sociopathic genocidal maniacs put it that way.

He was good at orchestrating the Holocaust which lead to the deaths of at least 40,000,000 people, aye some leader indeed.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   

What will be good enough for me is a defeated Russia and peace in the Ukraine.

Pretty much the same as the rest of the world wants.

And to be honest a dead(or at least deposed and made to answer for his crimes)Vladimir Putin would not go amiss nether.

If there hypersonic missiles are anything like their tanks and apc im just not that worried don't care what your man Jon Hill has to say on the subject.

By the looks of things they are not very good at hitting anything that's not a stationary target short of carrying a nuclear warhead.

So your beloved Russia are still all back of the bus.

edit on 24-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11
Caution: I take footage/pics from the war in Ukraine on social media with a grain of salt.

Navy Lookout Twitter Feed

Extended footage on Twitter

Images and videos are appearing on social media of the Russian Alligator (Tapir) class landing ship Orsk suffering from the detonation of ammunition. Perhaps there are shades of the Imperial Japanese Navy's poor munitions handling at the Battle of Midway. I wouldn't have thought that kind of blunder would occur, but the lousy Russian military performance in Ukraine changed my thinking.

I would like to bring xpert11 post about the exploded Russian warship back for discussion. Apparently, it is a really big win for Ukraine.

I am not an expert here, maybe more people can weigh in on this, but does that mean there will be a limited operation in the harbour now? Problems with docking, unloading supplies? Problems to attack from the sea front? Would this free up Ukrainian soldiers in Odesa?

P.S.: Ukrainians claim to be the ones that destroyed the ship, BTW.

CNN

Ukrainian armed forces said they destroyed a large Russian landing ship at the port of Berdyansk in southern Ukraine on Thursday.
The port, which had recently been occupied by Russian forces with several Russian warships in dock, was rocked by a series of heavy explosions soon after dawn.
The Russian Ministry of Defense had previously reported that "the large landing ship Orsk is the first warship of the Russian Federation to enter the port of Berdyansk. It delivered equipment -- armored personnel carriers."

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   

It stops Russia being able to unload 1000s of tons of military hardware on to Ukraine's doorstep at least for the time being at that particular berth and port.

Its a good win in my book and they all add up.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Putin's lackies were bragging on the news about this ship.

Russians are the best at providing the Russian intel.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Ukrainians mocked Russian troops while jamming their unsecured radio networks, NYT investigation reveals

Unsecured radio networks allowed Ukrainians with radio jammers to mock Russian troops during an attack on a town near Kyiv, a New York Times investigation reveals.

Russians advancing on the town of Makariv on February 27 encountered significant resistance and — over their radio networks — even derision amid their attack, the paper reported.

The audio featured includes one instance of a Russian military member, with the radio callsign "Buran-30," asking for clarification over the radio. "Please respond more clearly," he said, according to The Times. All that came in response, however, was a jaunty whistled tune — the work of a radio jammer, The Times reported.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   

That one looks like it will burn just like the Orsk........oh wait.

edit on 24-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

My pal Joe talks like that.

Both of them probably make great Auctioneers.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Russia's defense minister — who hasn't been seen in public for nearly 2 weeks — resurfaces on Putin's video call

Russian President Vladimir Putin's defense minister — who has not been seen publicly in nearly two weeks — appeared on a virtual briefing with the Russian leader on Wednesday, according to Russian state media.

Sergei Shoigu, Russia's defense minister, was seen on a screen on the virtual call along with several other Putin advisors as Putin sat behind a desk, a video posted to Twitter by the state-run Russian news agency RIA Novosti shows.

In the brief clip shared online, the feed for Shoigu — seen in the top left — seems to readjust to center him in the frame.

click link for article

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The Washington Post

Putin says everything is going according to plan.

Twice since launching his war against Ukraine on Feb. 24, Russian President Vladimir Putin has assured the Russian people that his “special military operation” is going according “to plan.”

What a sh*ty plan it is.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

lol.. if the war is going that well then why did Putin fire his FSB head in addition to a bunch of generals.

Apparently the plan for Russia going into Ukraine was called "operation out of the frying pan".
edit on 24-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

lol.. if the war is going that well then why did Putin fire his FSB head in addition to a bunch of generals.

Apparently the plan for Russia going into Ukraine was called "operation out of the frying pan".

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Agree. No way his 'plan' envisaged multiple humiliations for the Russian military and a stalemate in Ukraine.

Cheers

top topics

<< 317  318  319    321  322  323 >>

join