It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 317
<< 314  315  316    318  319  320 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

If I'm honest i thought travel at that speed, especially anywhere near sea-level, was beyond our ability where our material science is concerned thus far.

It just might be...

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 02:33 AM
link   

According to Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen, Ukrainian refugees should not be integrated into Danish society

Mette Frederiksen has said that after some time, Ukrainian citizens should return home to rebuild their country.

In addition, the Council of the European Union has declared that its members have the right to withdraw refugee status from Ukrainian citizens who pose a threat to their national security or who have committed criminal or war crimes.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 03:09 AM
link   

edit on 3/24/22 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Putin says he will attend G20 summit despite isolation by West.

Source

Vladimir Putin says he will attend G20 summit in November 2022 amid Ukraine war:
G20 is made up of the 20 world’s biggest economies, which includes the United States, Russia, Germany, India, the United Kingdom, China, Japan, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Canada etc.

Most Western leaders have condemned Putin’s actions for Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. The UK, US and Germany have all condemned the actions of Russian President Vladimir Putin, and have imposed “killer” sanctions on Russia.
China says it “supports Putin’s participation in next G20 summit” which will be held in Indonesia.[...]
Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson, Wang wenbin said ” Russia is an important member, and no member has the right to expel another member”.

Russian reporter killed in Kyiv shelling is fifth journalist to die in conflict:

The Guardian

Oksana Baulina was killed with another civilian while reporting for the independent Russian news website the Insider
A Russian reporter has died after coming under Russian shelling while she filmed destruction at a shopping centre in Kyiv, becoming at least the fifth journalist to die since the conflict began almost a month ago.

Two other people in the group were wounded in the attack which took place in the Podolsky district of Kyiv, the outlet reported.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Caution: I take footage/pics from the war in Ukraine on social media with a grain of salt.

Navy Lookout Twitter Feed

Extended footage on Twitter

Images and videos are appearing on social media of the Russian Alligator (Tapir) class landing ship Orsk suffering from the detonation of ammunition. Perhaps there are shades of the Imperial Japanese Navy's poor munitions handling at the Battle of Midway. I wouldn't have thought that kind of blunder would occur, but the lousy Russian military performance in Ukraine changed my thinking.
edit on 24-3-2022 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 03:32 AM
link   

On the evening of March 23 and at night on March 24, air and sea-based high-precision long-range weapons were inflicted on military facilities of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. As a result of the strikes, the following were destroyed:

• ️13 launchers of anti-aircraft missile systems, including nine S-300s and four Buk-M1s in Danilovka, south of Kiev.

• ️The headquarters of the formation and the warehouse of rocket and artillery weapons in the village of Bakhmut, Donetsk region.

• Temporary deployment point of the nationalist battalion in the city of Lisichansk.
vk

The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation reported on the number of military facilities destroyed since the start of the special military operation:

▪257 unmanned aerial vehicles,
▪202 anti-aircraft missile systems,
▪1572 tanks and other armored fighting vehicles,
▪160 multiple launch rocket systems,
▪633 field artillery pieces and mortars,
▪1379 units of special military vehicles.

Operational-tactical and army aviation hit 60 Ukrainian military facilities overnight, according to the Russian Defense Ministry. Among them:

▪two command posts,
▪two multiple launch rocket systems,
▪four ammunition depots,
▪47 areas of accumulation of weapons and military equipment of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

The Pentagon's experiments in Ukrainian laboratories were not limited to the development of dangerous infections, according to the Russian Defense Ministry.

▪A pharmaceutical company contracted by the US Department of Defense, according to the documents received, worked with the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense to test unregistered medicines specifically on Ukrainian servicemen.
vk

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 03:34 AM
link   
23 March update

Key Takeaways

* Russian forces continue to go over to the defensive, conducting restricted and localized ground attacks that make little progress.

* Ukrainian forces are conducting limited and successful counterattacks around Kyiv to disrupt Russian operations to encircle the city (which has now become extremely unlikely) and relieve the pressure on the capital.

* The Battle of Mariupol continues as a block-by-block struggle with fierce Ukrainian resistance and limited Russian gains.

* Russia is likely struggling to obtain fresh combat power from Syria and elsewhere rapidly.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Today we mark A MONTH since Putin launched a full-scale invasion of Ukraine. A MONTH of bombing, killing, destroying...
Something that we thought would never happen... Would not happen for A MONTH...

This is another harrowing account of the bombings in Mariupol. If somebody still thinks they are OK with all this, they are not right in their heads.

I go outside in between the bombings. I need to walk the dog. She's whining, shivering, and hiding behind my legs. I want to sleep all the time. My yard, surrounded by high-rise buildings, is silent and dead.

I'm not afraid to look around anymore. In front of me, the entrance to building #105 is burning down. The flames already devoured five floors and are slowly chewing the sixth. The fire in the room burns as delicately as in a fireplace.

Black charred windows are windowless. Curtains torn by the fire fall out of them like tongues. Calm and doomed I look at it. I am sure I will die soon. It is a matter of a few days. In this city, everyone is constantly waiting for death. I just want it not to be too scary.

Full text

Lets just hope that all the destruction Putin is causing will ultimately lead to his own downfall.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 04:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 04:22 AM
link   

edit on 24-3-2022 by Grimpachi because: one click double post

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Because of course medals are ordered and made that far in advance of any military campaign?

"The authenticity of the medals has not been confirmed" - Quelle surprise.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I know you will not like this, but:

Twitter

they cannot even spell right..

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

How many years have they publicly and officially stated that they will retake Crimea and Donbas?

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

That's your 'proof'?

Besides, ☝☝....I think the guy up there might have a point.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The Sun

The Times

Ukraine chemical attack fears rise after Kramatorsk ‘hit by phosphorus bombs’

Independent

Ukraine says Russia using phosphorus bombs as Biden warns of ‘real threat’ of chemical weapons attack
Ukraine claims that white phosphorus munitions were deployed in the eastern city of Kramatorsk

Metro

White phosphorus is a chemical substance that ignites and burns on contact with oxygen, generating dense white smoke. It can be dispersed by artillery shells, bombs, rockets or grenades.
Although not defined as an incendiary weapon under current weapons law, white phosphorus behaves in the same way as incendiary devices.
Militaries primarily use it to provide visual cover for the movement of troops and armour.

But when it comes into contact with humans it can cause horrific injuries.
The substance is ‘highly soluble in fat’ meaning it can cause devastating burns and can lead to organ failure if it enters the bloodstream.

Thinking about NATO summit today and what supplies Ukraine is getting (against chem/nuclear), what suffering there is next in line for Ukrainian people?

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Well, well, well...

The Rolling Stones

Multiple sources tell Rolling Stone that a Ukrainian businessman offered payouts for a false flag operation aimed at bolstering Putin’s claim that Ukraine was a Nazi hotbed.

In the months before Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, an oligarch with Russian ties allegedly paid for locals to paint swastikas around Kharkiv, sources say. The effort, according to the sources, was part of a false flag operation to exaggerate Ukraine’s Nazi presence at a time when Putin was using it as a pretext for war.

The alleged plot, according to multiple sources, involved Pavel Fuks, a real estate, banking, and oil magnate who, the sources claim, was co-opted by Russian security forces to participate. Through intermediaries, Fuks allegedly offered between $500 and $1,500 for street level criminals to vandalize city streets with pro-Nazi graffiti in December, January, and February.

Fuks has a fearsome reputation in Ukraine, where he is reportedly known in some circles by his alias “Mercenary.” Several sources in Ukraine spoke to Rolling Stone about Fuks on condition of anonymity because they say Fuks is known in the country for seeking vengeance against people who crossed him. He once told a TV interviewer that he punished some of his workers who refused to stop smoking by having them eat their cigarette butts.

edit on 24-3-2022 by wordforword because: had to add more, this is very interesting

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Proof?

When did I claim anything was proof? I asked you a question expecting you to use your brain and think about the possibilities.

My fault for having high expectations.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

They were not white Phosphorous.

They were incendiaries. Posted on page 310.

They are magnesium and aluminum mix.

There are videos of people moving the still burning slag around. Fumes from WP would have hospitalized or killed them.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

Well alternative history is like alternative facts.

Full of pish, wind, and daft arsed conclusions.

Cheers for the over simplified history lesson all the same randomuser.

As to the outcome for the world the Axis powers bit off more than they could chew and lost.

Simple as that really.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 06:31 AM
link   
From the series of the Funny Bones:

The Daily Beast

Kremlin TV Just Declared War on… Arnold Schwarzenegger
Moscow’s mouthpieces did not take well to a recent video message from Arnold Schwarzenegger, in which he urged the Russian people to see through Putin’s web of lies on Ukraine.
[Zakhar Prilepin, a famous Russian writer] “Arnie, you are a predator and an enemy.”[...]“If they’re seriously afraid of the conflict with Russia, of WWIII, of nuclear war or the escalation of the conflict, we should be convincing them that we’re ready for it, that we love it, that we like to make war.”

Twitter link

Foreign Policy

Russian spies can read Madeleine Albright’s mind

Also, there are rumours Russia is running out of printing paper bec Russia's paper mills can't source the necessary chemicals from Europe due to sanctions.
Here and here
People are asked to use it 'sparingly', schools are canceling exams. Doesn't help that Anonymous are hacking printers and printing sh*t too

top topics

<< 314  315  316    318  319  320 >>

join