It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 319
<< 316  317  318    320  321  322 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a couple of vids of 4 Russsian helicopters being shot down near Kherson

mobile.twitter.com...

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

What was the point of you posting the quote with no comment?
Given your refusal to condemn Putin what do you expect people to think were your motivations/thinking behind it?

Can you see that this is nothing more than a not-too thinly veiled threat to use first strike nuclear weapons?
Do you condemn Russia's refusal to rule out using first strike nuclear weapons?

Throughout this thread you have defended Putin and his actions in invading Ukraine....hence his 'regime'.

As I've said before; not even Putin's Soviet predecessors issued such a blatant and hostile threat.

Personally I've never really given a toss about being considered an outsider/insider or whatever.
I'm not in any particular clique nor do I adhere to any particular ideology or have any party affiliation whatsoever.

I suspect the weight of disgust directed towards Russia - or perhaps more accurately Putin - is because of the immorality of the invasion and all the resultant death and destruction.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Wow, that was like a turkey shoot.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

What was the point of you posting the quote with no comment?

Because its an *Update* thread? And the last time I added my 2 cents about a source being biased I was shouted at by a poster in this thread who said something along the lines of “Just post the damn link and I’ll judge for myself whats biased and whats not!!!”

So I figured okay, that’s fair... I’ll let others decide and keep some opinions to myself. Now I’m being shouted at by you for not offering my opinion. So I’ll do what makes me happy and offer my opinion as and when I decide.

Throughout this thread you have defended Putin and his actions in invading Ukraine....hence his 'regime'.

Well I’ve not seen an example of where I’ve done what you claim? With an example we can address the comments more deeply. I cannot respond adequately enough to sweeping claims, except to say, you’re wrong?

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I've read all sorts of books/articles about Hitler going way back longer than I care to admit.
He was a complicated, strange and disturbed man.

He was intelligent....but nowhere near as intelligent as he thought himself to be.
He was an inspirational orator.
And he had an ability to recognise other people's abilities and to appoint them to roles that fit them.

But he was paranoid, set people against people and allowed for little dissention.
He thought himself to be a military genius yet some of his military decisions defied logic and greatly contributed to his ultimate defeat.

If he'd just satisfied himself with re-building Germany history may have judged him an able leader.

But he allowed his own egotistical megalomania influence his leadership....with disastrous consequences.
Remind you of anyone?

And none of that even touches on his hate driven, pathological tendencies and the inexcusable excesses of his regime.
His leadership led to millions upon millions of deaths and the complete destruction of his own nation.....I don't know about you but that's not my definition of a 'good leader'.

I know Hitler isn't the topic under discussion but there are similarities between both him and Putin and they are worth pointing out.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I'm not shouting I'm talking quite calmly and trying to be reasoned and respectful.
Because I disagree with you is no reason to be rude.....but you are now starting to come across as one of those people whose feelings get all hurt when someone has the nerve to disagree with you and as someone who goes against the majority viewpoint just for the hell of it and because you like being perceived as some sort of 'rebel'.

I hope I'm wrong on all counts.🤞

So just to get this out of the way; do you condemn the current Russian regime's threat to use first strike nuclear weapons if they feel the need?

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Opinions aren't "updates". Only facts are updates.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

okay and you are telling me this because??? Did I do something that was out of place...?

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

okay and you are telling me this because??? Did I do something that was out of place...?

I'm telling you this because you seem to contradict yourself.

Because its an *Update* thread?

So I’ll do what makes me happy and offer my opinion as and when I decide.

edit on 24-3-2022 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I'm not shouting I'm talking quite calmly and trying to be reasoned and respectful.
Because I disagree with you is no reason to be rude.....but you are now starting to come across as one of those people whose feelings get all hurt when someone has the nerve to disagree with you and as someone who goes against the majority viewpoint just for the hell of it and because you like being perceived as some sort of 'rebel'.

I hope I'm wrong on all counts.🤞

So just to get this out of the way; do you condemn the current Russian regime's threat to use first strike nuclear weapons if they feel the need?

Well let’s be honest, if my feelings were hurt so easily I wouldn’t still be in this thread facing so much resistance against what I have to say.

Don’t care about being viewed as a rebel, I voice my own beliefs regardless of what the mainstream narrative is because I reach my own conclusion rather than following the crowd because its fashionable to do so in the eyes of many.

I take offence to your use of terminology “regime” when it is not applied equally to other nations. If you view America or Britain as a regime in the same light than thats fair. I take offence because this is exactly the tactic and method used by the MSM when introducing their bias on a news topic.

I condemn war, and I condemn invading nations who have not attacked you first. So I for that reason I condemn America, Britain, most core NATO member states involved in major invasions and bombing of the last quarter century and Russia and equally I condemn the nations that had a major part to play in provocations that ultimately lead to war. So on this case NATO and the USA for recklessly ignoring Russias security concerns in what the deem to be their sphere of influence.

I denounce hypocrisy and double standards in the biased reporting on all major conflicts and the misrepresentation of facts, and the fabricated narratives that are a danger to world peace in catalysing the very same conflicts and sowing needless hate towards perceived enemies.

So yeah to conclude, I condemn Russia yet I do not see how else they could have responded to NATO expansion and provocations therefore I acknowledge their reasoning. People want peace they just dont to work for it.

NATO didnt work hard enough to avoid the build up to this conflict and these are the words of the FORMER US DEFENCE SECRETARY HIMSELF.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I'm telling you this because you seem to contradict yourself.

Because its an *Update* thread?

So I’ll do what makes me happy and offer my opinion as and when I decide.

I don’t see your logic, maybe you are confused on what “contradiction” means?

To clarify my statements, I will continue post links and sources to factual information and I will add my commentary as and when I please on said sources.

Whats wrong with that? Everyone else here is posting links and sources and picking and choosing when they want to add their own commentary!

So whats your problem? Singling me out for the sake of it? Don’t you have anything better to do?

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   
In a Ukrainian town, reality doesn’t match government boasts of victory over Russian forces

Media around the world reported the news as the latest indication that Ukrainian forces were waging skillful counterattacks and defeating the Russians in vital locations.

But as a team of Washington Post journalists passed through the checkpoint on Wednesday, Ukrainian soldiers ordered them to quickly leave the town, warning of incoming Russian rockets or artillery. Minutes later, reporters heard the sound of shells falling. Black plumes of smoke rose over the houses. Soon more blasts followed. Makariv remains a contested front line.

“The military doesn’t control all of Makariv, only partially,” said Mayor Vadim Tokar, standing on the town’s outskirts shortly after the shells landed. “It’s 100 percent no-go for civilians to return.”

Source: archive.ph...
edit on 24-3-2022 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation for the first time showed a complete list of institutions of the Ministry of Defense and the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, which are maintained and funded by DTRA (U.S. Department of Defense Threat Reduction Administration). The term and budget of the program, as well as the declared tasks are given.

Thanks to them, involvement in the financing of Ukrainian laboratories of the Rosemont Seneca investment fund, which is led by the son of the current US president, Hunter Biden, was revealed. His foundation has close ties to Metabiota and Black and Veach, which are major suppliers of equipment to Pentagon biolabs around the world.

Link

Rosemont Seneca Partners is an investment fund firm based in Washington DC. The fund was named after the Rosemont Farm, the Heinz family's estate near Pittsburgh.
It was founded in 2009 by Hunter Biden, Christopher Heinz, and Devon Archer.

archive.ph/20200809020931/
www.ft.com/content/3904f888-e8ef-11e9-a240-3b065ef5fc55

edit on 24-3-2022 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

For me, I am sort of removed from it all. I haven't had cable or even owned a TV in years. I will read articles on the internet. See a few video clips but that is about it.

Ukraine wasn't even on my radar until about a week before the invasion. In that time I watched a lot of videos and read articles that have left me wondering who are the ones benefiting from this. Because anyone in a leadership position should have been well informed on how things were being pushed closer to war and they did nothing but help push it in that direction.

Hmm... tend to agree about not really following the situation with Ukraine prior to all this. Not much of a politics fan too. I am an English Philologist/Etymologist: I read, I write, I analyze. I don't do guns. I don't do violence.
Political talks are full of dry stock phrases, populism and everyone covering their a*ses.

I grew up with ATS and all its weird. It was sad to see the site turning into a political mud pile.

But here I am. Screaming my lungs out.
Last time I was that unhinged about sth was when they were pushing for ACTA and SOPA.

You are right to question about what lies beneath all this. We might disagree about the outcome but one thing is for sure here: war is money. Just a question, who's money is going to whom this time.

The day of Putin's invasion I was trying my best to find the actual reason behind it. Lots of speculations, no clear answer.

I came upon this thread:

Russian economy and cartel of avocados

It's about the evolution of gangs. Take it or leave it.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I just thought of something why doesn't Ukraine have any missiles that can hit Moscow it's only like 300 miles away not one shot has been fired at Moscow .

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
I just thought of something why doesn't Ukraine have any missiles that can hit Moscow it's only like 300 miles away not one shot has been fired at Moscow .

Because they do not want to invade other country?

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

short answer...they are not interested in offensive weapons; only defensive ones. I'm with you though, the russian citizens just wont get it until they too are suffering the realities of war. I'd light then up if I were in charge and had the hardware to do it.

Gin

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
a couple of vids of 4 Russsian helicopters being shot down near Kherson

mobile.twitter.com...

mobile.twitter.com...

Wrong. Those clips were taken from Arma 3, a military simulator game. See this video below.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gin

welp...you know, i saw the first video and thought it may be a simulation, so i moved on. Later on, I found a second angle of the same thing, so i assumed it was real footage. of course, if i had been wearing my glasses, thet might have helped. Oh well, somebody got one over on me....isnt the first time, wont be the last. Thanks for the correction; I hate that I brought disinformation to this thread; thats not what I'm about.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I thought the same thing for a while. I think everyone is buying as much time as they can. If the Ukrainians went on an all out counter offensive, especially clandestine type S+D stuff, then Im pretty sure Putin would level Ukraine, civilians and all. He has really insulated himself and has unlimited options and time, relative to his age of course.

At this point he is going to make it like he was patient and watched as the west has increased troop/weapons presence at his border..I think right now that he is actually trying to convince himself of the lie that is his hand has been forced, a lie that he is refining as he goes, but the weapons assistance and troop buildup are going to justify pretty much anything to some in power in Russia. Thus some sort of prejudicial escalation is likely forthcoming no matter what..I don't think after consideration that a Ukranian counter offensive, even with weaponry will likely yield anything substantial. a reply to: WeDemBoyz

<< 316  317  318    320  321  322 >>

join