It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 312
<< 309  310  311    313  314  315 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

Yes, Russian engineering is fantastic.

The only aircraft carrier they have has to be accompanied by a tug in case it breaks down.

Haha fair enough BUT before we start pointing fingers and laughing at Russian Engineering, lets take a look at america?

Navy
US carrier strike group initial cost = 25 BILLION dollars
Daily cost = 6.5 MILLION dollars
Crew = 6,500

counter attack

One Russian Zircon anti ship Missile with nuclear warhead cost = 1.5 Million USD
Crew = 0

Russia 1 - America 0

Space
American developed pen for use in space: 1 MILLION Dollars
Russian supplied pencil: 50 cents

Russia 2- America 0

Air Superiority
F-117 Nighthawk Stealth light bomber: 120 Million Dollars
S-125 anti aircraft Missile: 3000 Dollars

Russia 3 - America 0

Stats
America lose 25+ Billion dollars
Russia lose < 0.0016 Billion dollars

US economy?

23 trillion GDP with 26 trillion debt.

edit on 23-3-2022 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Yes fast travelling supersonic walls of lead defeat and destroy most things, including incoming hypersonic missiles.

So if you can get it up there in time, and hit the thing, it will be knocked off target or destroyed.

Again the physics is sound enough.

The execution, well that's where things get a little ""sketchy"".

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   
On 15th of March:

Fortune.com

Russia sets plan to steal $10 billion worth of foreign planes held in the country
Russia has paved the way for domestic airlines to appropriate hundreds of foreign-owned planes trapped in the country, after foreign registries suspended certification of planes leased by Russian airlines.

Today:

Twitter link for the video

To be fare, all above is just an excuse to post about thieving Putin (I find this story hilarious
) :
CBSS Sports

Here's how Vladimir Putin stole a Super Bowl ring from the Patriots' Robert Kraft
The Patriots owner actually recounted the story for the first time back in 2013, and during that interview, he offered a few more details.

"I took out the ring and showed it to [Putin], and he put it on and he goes, 'I can kill someone with this ring,'" Kraft said in 2013. "I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out."

Despite the fact that Putin walked off with the ring, Kraft still wanted the $25,000 piece of jewelry returned. However, he ended up giving up on his quest to get the ring back when White House called and told Kraft that starting World War III over a Super Bowl ring probably wouldn't be the best idea.
"It would really be in the best interest of US-Soviet relations if you meant to give the ring as a present," Kraft said he was told on the White House call in 2005. "I really didn't [want to]. I had an emotional tie to the ring, it has my name on it. I don't want to see it on eBay. There was a pause on the other end of the line, and the voice repeated, 'It would really be in the best interest if you meant to give the ring as a present.'"

Somebody was writing that thievery is the third most important feature of a Russian... after cowardice and subservience. Well, behavior breeds behavior I say.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   
What's the love fest for Russian missiles?

No disrespect, but you only know how good it is when it's in use. Yeah, Russian anti air is good for airliners, and the report of the use of hypersonic weapons is unverified, but against buildings, which don't move.

The reality on the ground in Ukraine is that Russia is using artillery to flatten villages, towns and cities. They are using cluster bombs, rockets and dumb bombs to do the same. Nothing especially technologically advanced in Russia's approach to spread the misery and destruction. They are repeating a tactic that worked in Grozny and Aleppo, where collateral damage and civilian harm was considered unimportant.

The much hyped Russian military has not demonstrated they can fight a war with an enemy that fights back.

All this talk about hypersonic weapons should be taken to another discussion TBH, where there can be focussed consideration on their merits and drawbacks.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Yes fast travelling supersonic walls of lead defeat and destroy most things, including incoming hypersonic missiles.

So if you can get it up there in time, and hit the thing, it will be knocked off target or destroyed.

Again the physics is sound enough.

The execution, well that's where things get a little ""sketchy"".

Yeah its the sketchy part I’m concerned with, not the “hold the missile there while we aim at it and fire for 5 seconds”

But hey, lets bring in the Director of the Missile Defense Agency Vice Admiral Jon Hill says that the current detterent is to use SM-6 missiles to stop the hypersonic missile in the terminal phase and has reqeuested 250 Million in funds to developed the information gathering assets required in order to target these HS missiles at terminal phase.

No mention of CIWS Phalanx and wall of lead

Just talk of working toward methods to counteract this new threat. Jon said last July 2021.

Source: news.usni.org...

Maybe I’ll email Jon and suggest “wall of lead mate, Phalanx, trust me”. And see what he thinks. I’m curious too.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Reports that Russian forces NW of Kiev, in addition to having resupply difficulties, may be on the verge of being encircled by Ukrainian advances.

No comment on how accurate the reports may be, but we'll find out soon enough.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
But hey, lets bring in the Director of the Missile Defense Agency Vice Admiral Jon Hill says that the current detterent is to use SM-6 missiles to stop the hypersonic missile in the terminal phase and has reqeuested 250 Million in funds to developed the information gathering assets required in order to target these HS missiles at terminal phase.

No mention of CIWS Phalanx and wall of lead.
No mention of intercepting the missile with SM-6

The terminal phase is when it begins to reenter the atmosphere. Why would you shoot a 'wall of lead' at that altitude?

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Okay any more chat on Russia missile superiority we can take off thread, as other posters wish to continue the russian hatefest.

*Ukraine Update*

- More than 3.5 Million have fled Ukraine

Source: www.usnews.com...

- “Kremlin say no one thought a Ukraine operation would take a few days” source: www.usnews.com...

- Russian newspaper says it was hacked where fake reports were submitted regarding 10,000 russian soldier deaths, source: www.usnews.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No mention of CIWS Phalanx and wall of lead.
No mention of intercepting the missile with SM-6

The terminal phase is when it begins to reenter the atmosphere. Why would you shoot a 'wall of lead' at that altitude?

Well you physically can’t as CIWS has a range of 4km and effective at 1.6km.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   

It's your unfathomable devotion and admiration towards what amounts to the old enemy that's ""concerning"", so there is that.

Maybe you should email Putin, im sure he would be up for a playdate with you.

The CIWS Phalanx system is what they have defensive wise thus far, simple as that really.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   
large bomb blast ...must have been filmed from some distance: you can see the cloud 20+ seconds before the soundwave hits.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   

So why bring it up if we're talking about hitting it at 60km with missiles?

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

It's your unfathomable devotion and admiration towards what amounts to the old enemy that's ""concerning"", so there is that.

Maybe you should email Putin, im sure he would be up for a playdate with you.

The CIWS Phalanx system is what they have defensive wise thus far, simple as that really.

Honestly, most of what I do is factual really, relaying the info from the horses mouth.

You don't like what America has to say, or Russia, or those in between.... so what more to say Andy? You can enjoy your own voice of reason.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
large bomb blast ...must have been filmed from some distance: you can see the cloud 20+ seconds before the soundwave hits.

mobile.twitter.com...

Thermobaric? Scary

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

So why bring it up if we're talking about hitting it at 60km with missiles?

You'd have to speak to Andy06Shake as he brought it up.

I merely relayed info from the head of the Missile Defence Agency, Jon Hill. When asked about America's current approach to tackling hypersonic missile threats, he made NO mention of CIWS Phalanx.

Yet Andy is convinced, a wall of lead from CIWS Phalanx can deter a Hypersonic missile.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I merely relayed info from the head of the Missile Defence Agency, Jon Hill. When asked about America's current approach to tackling hypersonic missile threats, he made NO mention of CIWS Phalanx.

The CIWS, by it's very name, is a last line of defense. ICBM's are hypersonic, they can be countered with the SM-6 among other platforms.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

..... as other posters wish to continue the russian hatefest.

I don't think anyone hates Russia or Russian's.....just the horrible twat of a dictator who ordered this invasion, is killing people and is using the threat of nuclear war in an attempt to further his own personal dreams of 'Greatness' and The Great Russian Empire.

But sorry, he's 'the good guy' isn't he and its all 'The West's' fault and we're all gullible sheep swallowing MSM propaganda.....🙄

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The CIWS, by it's very name, is a last line of defense. ICBM's are hypersonic, they can be countered with the SM-6 among other platforms.

Yes, did you read the article by any chance to understand the conversation?

The only approach suggested to combat HS missiles was to use the SM-6 missile to intercept HS missiles in their terminal phase, but right now the US don't have the information gathering tech required to execute such an operation. So MDA requested budget last July. Thats straight from the horses mouth.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

That is what it looked. Sure looks like they are losing. Damn.....

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

..... as other posters wish to continue the russian hatefest.

I don't think anyone hates Russia or Russian's.....just the horrible twat of a dictator who ordered this invasion, is killing people and is using the threat of nuclear war in an attempt to further his own personal dreams of 'Greatness' and The Great Russian Empire.

But sorry, he's 'the good guy' isn't he and its all 'The West's' fault and we're all gullible sheep swallowing MSM propaganda.....🙄

I don't think he is the good guy anymore than Biden, Bush, Zelensky, Boris, Tony Blair are the good guys. All in one basket for me.

The MSM are for sure brainwashing the masses with the misrepresentation of facts, truths and history. Without a shadow of a doubt. And I don't expect everyone to comprehend or be aware of this because as a species, humans come in varying level of intelligence. Is what it is.

I am in the minority view, I see the things differently. But I've shared the view of three prominent sources from America and the UK who share who share the same sentiment as me. Who are highly educated on the matter.

I came with facts. I denounce war and acts of violence. I wish the the West finds peace with the East and vice versa, as soon as possible.

I denounce the killings of civilians here, there and everywhere. I imagine myself in the shoes of a Ukranian refugee right now GOING THROUGH HELL, children crying, no money, no food... cold.... being rejected at the border. No clean clothes, haven't washed in days... no future in sight...injured/ill... it's a nightmare I wish on no one.

But I came here, and I see the majority bashing russia, russian history, russian engineering, russia everything.

top topics

<< 309  310  311    313  314  315 >>

join