It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 313
<< 310  311  312    314  315  316 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Putin is trying to stabilize ruble.

Reuters

Putin wants 'unfriendly' countries to pay for Russian gas in roubles

"Russia will continue, of course, to supply natural gas in accordance with volumes and prices ... fixed in previously concluded contracts," Putin said at a televised meeting with top government ministers.

"The changes will only affect the currency of payment, which will be changed to Russian roubles," he said.

Tass.com

Reported on both sides.
It appears to be an attempt to make gas buyers to buy ruble, the previously free-falling currency, in order to pay. However, there are questions over whether Russia's decision would breach contract rules which were agreed in euros.

For the reference:

Russia has drawn up a list of "unfriendly" countries corresponding to those that have imposed sanctions. Among other things, deals with companies and individuals from those countries have to be approved by a government commission.

The list of countries includes the United States, European Union member states, Britain, Japan, Canada, Norway, Singapore, South Korea, Switzerland and Ukraine.
Some of these countries, including the United States and Norway, do not purchase Russian gas.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

It was a chemical company that also manufactured explosives

It went BOOM

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

I have very little respect for politicians of any nationality/political ideology.
I distrust anyone who seeks to govern me and has the arrogance to assume that they know what is best for me.

No-one is pushing an anti-Russian agenda here, well the vast majority aren't, they just see Putin for what he is; an egotistical, tyrannical dictator who is brutally suppressing all opposition at home and is using this invasion as a means to pursue his dreams of personal glory and Russian expansionism.

Sure, US/UK/EU/NATO policy failings helped contribute to where we are today....but the ultimate responsibility lies with Putin.
It was HIS decision to invade and kill people.
It's his decision to continue with this war.
He is the one who is using the threat of nuclear war in an attempt to bully and intimidate.
He is the one who is threatening global security.

Yes, 'the west' has caused a lot of suffering in this world, but this mess is not of their doing.
Only one man holds the responsibility for that.....the same man who could stop all the death and misery in an instance.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Drone Footage Shows Widespread Devastation In Mariupol

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

He can't stop and it is not for a dream of expansion. Ukraine was becoming a security threat. It was also an ecological threat for Crimea.

Ukraine was never going to stop trying to take back Donbas and Crimea. Crimea was essential because of the warm water port for Russia. Ukraine was militarizing and the factions such as Azov were gaining more power. It was only a matter of time before they agressed on Donbas and Crimea. It has been their stated goal to take them back. No one can deny that Ukraine has essentially been at war for 8 years in the Dandas region. They didn't just want to take back the land they wanted to eradicate the people there. That has been publicly stated.

This war will not end until either Russia wins or Zelensky cedes those territories officially and there are guarantees that water will flow to Crimea.
No one knows how far Putin will go with the denazify thing but he will probably push for something like we have in the US where known Nazis or those with Nazi tattoos can not serve in the military.

The expansion thing isn't possible. There is no way Russia can afford to be an occupying force. If Poland enters though it could turn Ukraine into another east west type of thing like Germany was. Because the west is very friendly with Russia with a lot of people that Russian is the primary language. They are not happy with the government's move to ban speaking Russian. There is just so much going on there that I have learned there is no way for me to cover it all.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   

But I came here, and I see the majority bashing russia, russian history, russian engineering, russia everything.

Crimea river.
Here is a 95 year old that is asking the world why did Putin with his Russian army attacked Ukraine. After all she has been through (lived through Soviet-era famine and World War II) she said she’s “never seen anything as horrible”.
Link to the video on Twitter

I denounce the killings of civilians here, there and everywhere. I imagine myself in the shoes of a Ukranian refugee right now GOING THROUGH HELL, children crying, no money, no food... cold.... being rejected at the border. No clean clothes, haven't washed in days... no future in sight...injured/ill... it's a nightmare I wish on no one.

'Being rejected at the border'? Haven't heard about this spin yet. Any sources?

I came with facts. I denounce war and acts of violence. I wish the the West finds peace with the East and vice versa, as soon as possible.

'West finds peace with the East'?
Yeah, maybe lets set some early concessions already? Or, maybe, Russian army can pack and crawl back where it came from? There will be peace then, of course, after the war crime tribunals and the revision of sanctions.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm finally back...after some kind of tomfoolery and shenanigans denied my laptop's access to ATS for a week --- For some kind of Gaod awful reason...that I can't explain --- It wasn't the first time...and it probably won't be the last.

"Russian soldier complains troops 'have frostbite' and low morale in intercepted call"

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Ukrainians capture electronic warfare gear

A curious 'container' that Ukrainian troops captured today looks to actually represent a significant Russian loss and a potential intelligence goldmine. What Ukraine's forces found looks to be a containerized command post that is part of the Krasukha-4 mobile electronic warfare system. The Krasukha-4 is primarily designed to detect and jam large radars, such as those on airborne early warning and control aircraft, such as the U.S. Air Force's E-3 Sentry, and spy satellites.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Captured Russian Ammunition And Provisions

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Belarus

There have been unconfirmed reports recently suggesting that Russian and/or Belarusian forces may be massing in or around Belarus' city of Brest, which is situated very close to the country's borders with Ukraine and Poland in the west.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Of course he can stop....but he won't.
If he stopped he would have the upper hand in all negotiations....but he won't.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   

U.S. State Department Declares Russians Have Committed War Crimes In Ukraine

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Belarus

There have been unconfirmed reports recently suggesting that Russian and/or Belarusian forces may be massing in or around Belarus' city of Brest, which is situated very close to the country's borders with Ukraine and Poland in the west.

Cheers

I am following Hanna Liubakova, Journalist from Minsk, Belarus, on Twitter.
She has been reporting on missiles being launched from Belarus towards Ukraine:

Also this ridiculousness:

Gives you an insider view point and a certain perspective on certain events.

As I've stated before, Lukashenko could end up being a dark horse in this war. He will do anything for Putin and for his own failing dictatorship. Lukashenko recently abandoned nuclear-free status.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Smoke signals might be more up there alley with the number of burning Tanks, APC, and Artillery pieces they have all over the place.

It is hard to trust just about anything these days coming from either side, but it seems both sides to some degree are suggesting over 10,000 Russian soldiers have been killed, and 1500+ tanks have been destroyed. It also seems that Ukraine has move on the offence too in taking back some towns, so who knows where all this is going.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   
About being rejected at the border: I only learned that the western nations demands ID's , imagine fleeing a war and being told to go back and get ypur passport so the new state can give you the clot shot etc. This # show is not what it is being portrayed as. Not any ide how the eastern boarders handles this but linely the same way since putin is also from the same global roots.

originally posted by: wordforword

But I came here, and I see the majority bashing russia, russian history, russian engineering, russia everything.

Crimea river.
Here is a 95 year old that is asking the world why did Putin with his Russian army attacked Ukraine. After all she has been through (lived through Soviet-era famine and World War II) she said she’s “never seen anything as horrible”.
Link to the video on Twitter

I denounce the killings of civilians here, there and everywhere. I imagine myself in the shoes of a Ukranian refugee right now GOING THROUGH HELL, children crying, no money, no food... cold.... being rejected at the border. No clean clothes, haven't washed in days... no future in sight...injured/ill... it's a nightmare I wish on no one.

'Being rejected at the border'? Haven't heard about this spin yet. Any sources?

I came with facts. I denounce war and acts of violence. I wish the the West finds peace with the East and vice versa, as soon as possible.

'West finds peace with the East'?
Yeah, maybe lets set some early concessions already? Or, maybe, Russian army can pack and crawl back where it came from? There will be peace then, of course, after the war crime tribunals and the revision of sanctions.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Grimpachi

Of course he can stop....but he won't.
If he stopped he would have the upper hand in all negotiations....but he won't.

His ego is preventing him from stopping-
If he backs down now,he has been responsible for not only destroying a lot of Ukraine,but also his own countries economy and reputation globally.
Judging by his past as a KGB officer,I would think he is thinking that if he backs down,people will percieve that as weakness and he will be at more risk of being deposed or worse.

Its a classic case of "double or nothing."
He has "bet the farm"(Russia)on this,and his ego has welded shut the exit door.
His options are "win" or die.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

After hearing this i understand why Russia is losing. Notice you got unit information and the commanding officers name in this conversation that was intercepted by Ukraine. Even when i was making calls ack to the states from Afganistan on a secured line we still wouldnt tell them where we were or who was in charge of operations. It amazes me how easily Russians give up information even when captured they discuss their jobs the units they were in what there units were there to do.

Its ad enought they are using radios open air ut then to have casual conversations about operations im just shocked.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ebergberg

They are not requiring ID to cross the border into poland. They are required to get ID however if they wish to move to other countries. So they are setting up operations in poland to assist in getting ID for refuges who want to move to another country.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

You forgot one more option be deposed. Its ovious from his speach Oligarchs are turning aginst him only a matter of time until one hatches a plan to remove him.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
Definitley-He must be worrying about the oligarchs as they have all got rich together by strip mining the resources of russia and they likely know a lot of putins shady dealings-as they are all in the same game.

They must be thinking it would be better for them if Putin isn't around in case he wishes to expose their corruption if he feels they have deserted him in his hour of need.

Amazing how quickly greedy rats will disown(and maybe eat?) the king who made them all rich-I shouldn't say rats really as I think rats have more morals than the russian kleptocracy.

new topics

top topics

<< 310  311  312    314  315  316 >>

join