It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 315
<< 312  313  314    316  317  318 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
At 22minutes/20 seconds into this video, President Biden comes down the stairs after arriving at the Brussels airport a few hours ago. Looks like he's afraid...or unsure. Why is he there?
What a joke

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

I concede, that you might be right and US do have something up their sleeve. It's a possibility. As would Russia.

I don't think the idea of a Mach 8 missile is something super advance to anything the US can do or has done. I was around the F-117 with the initial stealth tech for 10 years before the public found out about it and it was actually obsolete by that time that they did.

To be honest I think our aircraft carriers are toast if they have a a good number and "IF" their guidance system is something out of this world since trying to fly that Mach 8 thing is crazy hard to impossible at many levels then we are in full agreement.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser

originally posted by: Xcathdra
* - Security Council rejects Russian draft resolution on humanitarian situation in Ukraine

What is this?

This is a funny one.

If I'm not mistaken, there was already one draft made by UN that was rejected by Russia. This one, in Feb:
Reuters

The draft Security Council resolution demanded that Russia "immediately cease its use of force against Ukraine" and "immediately, completely, and unconditionally withdraw  all of  its military forces from the territory of Ukraine within its internationally recognized borders."

The draft also demanded that Russia reverse its recognition of two separatist states in eastern Ukraine as independent.

That's when 11 council members of UN voted in favor, while China, UAE and India abstained.

And today Russia presented its own 'draft' to UN:

Source

The draft resolution expresses "grave concern at the deteriorating humanitarian situation in and around Ukraine," citing in particular a growing number of internally displaced people and refugees from the Ukrainian conflict.

Which basically means:

While it condemns "all violations of international humanitarian law and violations of human rights," the text does not assign blame for the war.

The funny part is this:

Vassily Nebenzia, Moscow's permanent representative, signaled that Russia's resolution was likely doomed to failure before the vote took place, saying "we categorically reject the premise of the council not being in a position to adopt a resolution on the Ukrainian humanitarian dossier."

[...]"It really is unconscionable that Russia would have the audacity to put forward a resolution asking the international community to solve a humanitarian crisis that Russia alone created,” [US envoy to the UN Linda Thomas-Greenfield] said.

Also, while 13 council members abstained, China supported Russian draft.
See the pattern.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser

originally posted by: Xcathdra
* - Security Council rejects Russian draft resolution on humanitarian situation in Ukraine

What is this?

The U.N. Security Council on Wednesday overwhelmingly defeated a Russian resolution that acknowledged Ukraine’s growing humanitarian needs -- but didn’t mention the Russian invasion that caused the escalating crisis which has left millions of Ukrainians in desperate need of food, water and shelter.

apnews.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Well if i was Ukrainian and managed to gain the offence.

I would still recall my cities burning down to cruise missile strike, thermobaric rocket barrage, never mind all the cluster munitions lying all over the shop.

My next stop would be Moscow knocking on Putin's front door to see if he can come out to play.

edit on 23-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I would love to know what the thing is made out of, never mind how they made it, be able to survive travel through the lower atmosphere at Mach 8/9???!!!

Apparently some form of plasma shroud is created in front of the missile but even then i can only imagine the extreme temperatures involved.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
At 22minutes/20 seconds into this video, President Biden comes down the stairs after arriving at the Brussels airport a few hours ago. Looks like he's afraid...or unsure. Why is he there?

That's just the look he gets when he forgets to take his Metamucil. Im just glad he made it down the steps without face planting. Think we can talk Europe into keeping him?

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I would love to know what the thing is made out of, never mind how they made it, be able to survive travel through the lower atmosphere at Mach 8/9???!!!

Apparently some form of plasma shroud is created in front of the missile but even then i can only imagine the extreme temperatures involved.

I thought about the same thing. 6000mph at 1000 feet above the ground is about 4000 degrees.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Some kind of tantalum carbide/hafnium carbide shell might do the job.

But even then i think that's at the edge of the materials thermal tolerance.

If I'm honest i thought travel at that speed, especially anywhere near sea-level, was beyond our ability where our material science is concerned thus far.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

Sounds more like what you do comes out the other end of the horse ISeekTruth101.

I don't like the situation period, cooler heads need to prevail, but where Putin's antics are concerned, that's not an easy task.

As to the sound of my own voice, we are typing, you get that right?

Maybe i just like the mechanical click of the keys.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   

It’s not lower atmosphere its much higher closer to 20km altitude. The lower atmosphere air density would be way too thick for travelling at Mach 8.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Well its not hitting a carrier at that altitude unless its from the Marvel Universe.

At such height the "Aegis Ballistic Missile Defence System" on the likes of Ticonderoga-class cruisers or the like would be the best bet and are apt to have a pop at the thing given half a chance.

And probably need to be perfectly positioned to stand any sort of real chance of interception.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   

There is a lot of hype about hypersonic missiles. Hypersonic just means 'faster than Mach 5 you can drop a steel ball from outer space and it's a hypersonic weapon. hypersonic platforms have actually already been around for decades, and you're almost certainly already familiar with a number of them. The Falcon 9 reusable rockets for example are hypersonic ballistic missiles. In fact, this is essentially the Kh-47M2 Kinzhal. The Kh-47M2 Kinzhal is an air-launched ballistic missile based on weapons from the 1980s.

This was a marketing ploy y the Russians it's technically accurate to call the Kh-47M2 Kinzhal a hypersonic missile, it's accurate in the same way we might call Hitler's V-2 rocket a hypersonic missile. Modern hypersonic weapons like China's DF-ZF or America's Hypersonic Attack Cruise Missile (HACM) belong to completely different classes of weapons. Russia just played into the defense department needs for cool new toys. Companies like Northrop can get huge research funding from congress by making it seem the Russian tech is a lot further along than it actually is.

Throw the new term hypersonic missile in front of something and poof money appears never mind the fact ICBM are already hypersonic on reentry. The problem is they have a known trajectory with advances the US has made in missile interception this panicked Russia and China. I've seen estimates that by 2025 ABM systems will make Russian and Chinese ICBMs useless. This is why glide vehicles were invented to make them more difficult to track making it harder to hit.

The holy grail of hypersonics is scram jets no country as of yet has created a missile using scramjets that can be accurately guided. So the term hypersonic doesnt mean some high-tech superweapon and they are not impossible to stop they are just more difficult.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Well its not hitting a carrier at that altitude unless its from the Marvel Universe.

At such height the "Aegis Ballistic Missile Defence System" on the likes of Ticonderoga-class cruisers or the like would be the best bet and are apt to have a pop at the thing given half a chance.

Yeah at some Point Andy, the missile starts pointing down to make a descent towards the target ship. As it is an antiship missile and not an anti-do-my-job missile.

edit on 23-3-2022 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I know that dragonridr.

The missiles have there purpose all the same.

But one weapons system don't win a war.

If that was the case we would have nuked each other long ago.

China did ok with her new affair, twice around the globe and missed the target area with 25 miles or so.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Yes things that go up tend to come back down ISeekTruth101.

Cheers for stating the obvious.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Yes things that go up tend to come back down ISeekTruth101.

Cheers for stating the obvious.

No problem Andy, cruise missiles come down in style, ballistic missiles come down predictably. And therein lines the difference here

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   

And probably need to be perfectly positioned to stand any sort of real chance of interception.

They could handle a couple the problem is time and overwhelming the system. For example, 5 wouldn't get through however 30 would. Too many to track in to short a time period.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

And that right there is the real crux of the problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 312  313  314    316  317  318 >>

join