It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 311
<< 308  309  310    312  313  314 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Shoygu is not going anywhere. He and Putin are best friends and often take hunting vacations together. He has been with Putin the longest of any Minister.

There are reports that 8 generals have been fired. Not to mention Putin is blaming the FSB for getting it wrong on the type of response they would get from Ukrainians, with the head of the FSB and his Deputy Director being placed under house arrest.

There are reports that Oligarchs are looking at removing Putin in a coup so they can reestablish trade with the West. My question to the Oligarchs would be why do you think removing Putin would get sanctions lifted? The only way to start the process of removing sanctions would have to entail a complete withdraw of Russian forces from Ukrainian territory - that would include Donbas as well as Crimea.

I have seen other mention it and im starting to think they are right. Removing Putin would result in a Russian civil war.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   

LDPR: situation on contact line (March 23, updated)

12:05 On the part of Mariupol liberated from the Ukrainian Nazis and in the village of Sartana, as a result of shelling from the side of Kiev militants, 17 civilians were injured, including a girl born in 2008. All the wounded were taken to medical facilities of the DPR, where they receive the necessary medical care.

LDPR: situation on contact line (March 23, updated)
12:04 As a result of the shelling of the village of Mikhailovka (DPR), a residential building caught firem power lines were also damaged.

11:28 An explosion thundered in the LPR, which was felt by the entire north of the republic. Presumably, it took place in a large ammunition depot near Rubizhne.

11:12 The air defense forces of the People’s Militia of the DPR shot down a Tochka-U fired by Ukrainian Nazis over Yenakiyevo.

11:10 Ukrainian Nazis again shelled the village of Mikhailovka (DPR). As a result of the shelling, the village is de-energized. A field is burning near the cemetery in Mikhailovka on Zuev Street.

11:09 The forces of the People’s Militia of the DPR and the Russian army left the Armed Forces of Ukraine without the opportunity to rotate troops – the head of the republic Denis Pushilin.

10:32 Over the past day, the Kiev security forces have fired 67 ammunition across the territory of the LPR, using artillery with a caliber of 122 mm and mortars with a caliber of 120 mm. Four settlements were under fire.

10:19 Over the past day, the forces of the People’s Militia of the DPR destroyed 76 Ukrainian invaders, 28 firing points, two tanks, three infantry fighting vehicles, two armored vehicles and the Bukavel-AD electronic warfare station. Four tanks, one infantry fighting vehicle, three armored vehicles, two sets of communications of the tactical link “Harris” were captured. In addition, 19 soldiers from the 54th and 36th brigades of the Armed Forces of Ukraine voluntarily laid down their arms.

10:16 Over the past day, Ukrainian Nazis fired more than a hundred shells at the DPR, using 152 and 122 mm artillery, 120 mm mortars, Grad man-protable air defense systems and tanks. 12 settlements were under fire. 13 residential buildings, eight infrastructure facilities and eight cars were damaged. 28 civilians were injured, including a child.

09:45 Ukrainian Nazis fired two mines with a caliber of 122 mm at the city of Yasinovataya in the DPR. Information about the victims and destruction is being specified.

08:58 Ukrainian Nazis organized an ammunition depot in the house of the former mayor of Donetsk in Maryinka.

08:55 As a result of shelling from the Ukrainian Nazis in Pervomaisk (LPR), the college building and the department of the Ministry of Emergency Situations were damaged.

08:53 As a result of shelling by Ukrainian Nazis in Bryanka (LPR), three houses, eight outbuildings, a medium-pressure gas pipeline and secondary school No. 4 were damaged.

08:51 Ukrainian Nazis fired 22 shells of 122 mm caliber in Donetsk and Panteleymonovka (DPR). Information about the victims and destruction is being specified.

08:47 Kiev punishers shelled the territory of the LPR eight times in a day. Four settlements were under fire.

8:43 The head of the DPR, Denis Pushilin, announced the complete defeat of the 36th Marine Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. This should make it easier to advance in certain areas of Mariupol.

8:15 Ukrainian Nazis fired at the Petrovsky district of Donetsk and the settlement of Donetsk in the LPR. In total, 16 shells were fired at them.

* – prohibited in the Russian Federation

Donbass

news front

Denazification of Ukraine: operational summary (March 23, updated)

12:05 Over the past day, the forces of the Russian Armed Forces hit 97 objects of the military infrastructure of Ukraine

Denazification of Ukraine: operational summary (March 23, updated)
11:42 At the arsenal in Orzhev, 14 km northwest of Rivne, a large arsenal with weapons and military equipment of the Ukrainian troops, including those received from Western countries, was destroyed

11:25 One of the divisions of the 96th Anti-Aircraft Missile Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine was hit near the Danilovka settlement

10:50 Ukrainian Armed Forces placed the AN / TPQ-48 radar station on the Kharkiv high-rise building

09:44 The Russian Ministry of Defense published footage of the destruction of the hangar of the Armed Forces of Ukraine by army aviation helicopters.

09:27 A checkpoint of the Armed Forces of Ukraine was destroyed near Chernihiv. The Russian army launched an artillery strike on it.

08:55 Ukrainian politician and journalist Anatoly Shariy said that as a result of the strike on the barracks of the 79th Special Operations Brigade in Nikolaev, 294 Ukrainian militants were killed.

08:49 The Kiev regime is rapidly running out of weapons and ammunition. The West did not count on such swift hostilities and did not prepare additional supplies to Ukraine.

8:41 Fighting in the suburbs of Kyiv continues. Smoke rises over Irpen.

* – prohibited in the Russian Federation

news front

Portfolio of the General Staff | War Donbas Ukraine
today at 4:17 am
"Lighters" fell tonight on the positions of Ukrainian militants near Kyiv. Not to be confused with white phosphorus.

ZAB - Incendiary bombs, used to create fires. These bombs are loaded with substances (magnesium, aluminum), which, when burned, develop a very high temperature. Designed to destroy manpower and military equipment with fire. The mass of incendiary bombs does not exceed 500 kg.

PS The Russian Aerospace Forces were actively used in Syria against armed gangs.

video

A massive explosion is reported in Rubizhne, LPR.

According to preliminary data, NPP "Zarya" - an enterprise for the production of chemical products and explosives - exploded.

video

today at 12:00 pm
The Russian military destroyed the S-300 Favorit air defense system of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in

Kiev

video

Residents of South Korea demand that U.S. close all biological laboratories in the country
23.03.2022 10:51

In South Korea, the population opposes the work of American laboratories in their country. They went to protests demanding the closure of all military research centers in the United States.

Residents of South Korea demand that U.S. close all biological laboratories in the country
This development of events was a reaction to the fact that a special operation for the denazification of the demilitarization of Ukraine shed light on the work of American biological laboratories on the territory of the “square”.

A rally with the participation of more than 200 non-governmental organizations was held in the city of Busan on March 21st. Its participants demanded that the US Army close all its laboratories.

“The US military in the Re

link

edit on 23-3-2022 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

This gives me heartburn

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I read one report stating that Shoigu has been sacked and another that he has 'heart problems'.
No doubt 'western propaganda' and fake news and the 'special military intervention' is going according to plan.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

Why do you think production and operation are different?

This has been in the works for a while so they are operational now I believe from what I read. Russia has long had supersonic missiles like sunburn/Moskit. This is merely the next stage in their missile tech.

And you suggest I guess the US is just sitting back doing nothing, or the Russians are so far advance in this area they are that much ahead of us?

It’s funny we all poke at russia being inferior yet the US has relied on their rocket technology for a long time to send assets into space ?

I think a lot of people are sleeping on russian missile technology in comparison to the west.

Russia is cheap, not better in going into space. They are still using 60s tech in that area... One thing about Russia is they always over promote what they have, been that way forever. Looking at their struggles in Ukraine kind of tells a story there.

I'm also saying that their display of their new hyper missile was not one...same old same old from them. I'm not suggesting they do not have it, I'm just asking to what degree?

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   

How... just how would you intercept that?

So we are 100% screwed with no means, we been sitting around doing nothing though we had a good number of years, that level of tech is way advance to anything we have even though all our other tech is way advance to anything they have.

OK gotcha...

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Why do you think production and operation are different?

This has been in the works for a while so they are operational now I believe from what I read. Russia has long had supersonic missiles like sunburn/Moskit. This is merely the next stage in their missile tech.

And you suggest I guess the US is just sitting back doing nothing, or the Russians are so far advance in this area they are that much ahead of us?

It’s funny we all poke at russia being inferior yet the US has relied on their rocket technology for a long time to send assets into space ?

I think a lot of people are sleeping on russian missile technology in comparison to the west.

Russia is cheap, not better in going into space. They are still using 60s tech in that area... One thing about Russia is they always over promote what they have, been that way forever. Looking at their struggles in Ukraine kind of tells a story there.

I'm also saying that their display of their new hyper missile was not one...same old same old from them. I'm not suggesting they do not have it, I'm just asking to what degree?

Well of course we know little about it just as we know little about any new advanced US tech. But 4 years ago the missile was observed by US intelligence to be travelling at Mach 8 in sustained flight. And no one else has achieved that since. Or at least it isn’t known in the public domain.

It’s currently in production/operation and in use with Russia’s Navy as an anti ship missile. Uses the same launchers as previous Onix/Kalibre missiles aboard ships. And the Russians 4 years ago were also testing surface to ground version.

No submarine launched version is know to be in the works. So the fact that we know it travels at Mach 8, and that it is ship launched as an anti ship missile, in production means Russia clearly has solved the engineering problems in guiding that missile towards a ship. Why else enter production

Yeah back in the day somethings were over exaggerated by the soviets and the case of the Soviet Missile gap which the west fell for.... but the Soviets where the first in space. And their old school legacy 1960s SAMs shot down Americas Premier stealth aircraft F-117 nighthawk.

In short, Russian isnt some Iran or North Korea they excel USA in many technologies. And their current SAMs are regarded as the best by multiple military analysts and think tanks including RAND.

We all know they are nuclear capable, with a larger and more powerful arsenal than USA. And thats backed up by the fact that since 1940s Russia accounts for the most nuclear tests by number and by average yield.

So this notion that Russia really dont have jack and are backwards I find to be hilarious because not eve Hollywood films portray Russia as such, but instead a rival or equal.

edit on 23-3-2022 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

If the incoming hypersonic attack can be detected and targeted in time the Sea-wiz Phalanx system is capable of sending out a wall of lead that could destroy the missile.

Swarm attack is a different matter.

edit on 23-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

Yes, Russian engineering is fantastic.

The only aircraft carrier they have has to be accompanied by a tug in case it breaks down.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
The only aircraft carrier they have has to be accompanied by a tug in case it breaks down.

That isn't fair. It's only because it's not nuclear powered and runs on mazut, the tugs have to maneuver it so the noxious fumes don't kill everyone in a 2 mile radius.

edit on 23-3-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   
an interesting twitter thread, regarding an intecepted russian communication...

Fascinating claimed intercepted call from Russian officer near Mykolaiv to superiors in Russia. He says: - This is worse than Chechnya - 50% of troops have frostbite - They can’t evacuate the dead - Don’t have enough tents - RU plane dropped a bomb on their own position

More here

Id hate to be a Russian troop right now..or ever really

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

It's comical that they've been using completely unsecure communications methods. They should try pigeons for better security.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

How... just how would you intercept that?

So we are 100% screwed with no means, we been sitting around doing nothing though we had a good number of years, that level of tech is way advance to anything we have even though all our other tech is way advance to anything they have.

OK gotcha...

I personally dont know anything the US has im defense.

Military analysts concurr, the US as far they know dont have anything.

I presume your best guess is the SM-6 which I bet money on wont be enough.

Do the USA have something else? Possibly, but lets face it. Aircraft carriers have become obselete for a while since the advent of supersonic missiles especially the ones have Russia have been producing to combat their own lack of Navy presence. Assymetric warfare, US invest 10s of billions into carrier strike groups. Russia spend millions on missile technology to counter.

Forget the Zircon, how would a US carrier group combat salvos of Mach3/4 antiship missiles? That was an issue before hypersonics.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Smoke signals might be more up there alley with the number of burning Tanks, APC, and Artillery pieces they have all over the place.
edit on 23-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They better steer clear of those pigeons....might be undercover American biological agents.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

If the incoming hypersonic attack can be detected and targeted in time the Sea-wiz Phalanx system is capable of sending out a wall of lead that could destroy the missile.

Honestly, you won’t find a single military weapons analyst or expertt that would agree with you!

But please Andy, if you come across one. Do share.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Russia is tightening the noose:

Federation Council of #Russia approved new law on criminal punishment for dissemination of inaccurate information and public discrediting of government agencies operating abroad
Fines for such "offences" will be up to ₽5 million and max term of imprisonment for up to 15 years.

Twitter link

Twitter link

Meanwhile, just a regular day in Ukraine:

Twitter link

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

What's an "expertt"?

The physics is sound enough ISeekTruth101 put it that way.

The CIWS are already challenged by subsonic missiles.

It's a last desperate attempt to stop incoming projectiles and missiles ISeekTruth101 and the only defence available far as i can establish thus far.

Simple as that really.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

It's comical that they've been using completely unsecure communications methods. They should try pigeons for better security.

[clears throat...] excuse me, but pigeons are being 'weaponized by US to drop viruses'. Russia can't do birds.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

So Phalanx has a range of say 4.5KM

Thats not the effective range for intercepting missiles Which is 1.6 km

Zircon coming in at 2.8km per second that gives 0.57 seconds for one of those 1500 round phalanx capacity to hit the missile. In a wall of lead as you say.

Honestly lol how? Thats a blink of an eye. It will have to time the 20. Seconds of firing time it has to make a wall of lead in the right direction and somehow i fail to believe a single round would stop a 10 meter missile at mach 8.

Its physics bro

top topics

<< 308  309  310    312  313  314 >>

join