It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 308
<< 305  306  307    309  310  311 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   
****DISCLAIMER*****

Below is an excerpt but the whole article is an interesting theory. I don't know what i believe though I have no doubt about the corruption for both countries involved. Still, this seems like a massive haul if it is more than a theory

www.thelowdownblog.com...

Unknown to most is that for years Vladimir Putin has been placing billions of dollars into the 5th-Branch budget for the express and sole purpose of bribing Ukrainian officials, that is, military officers, Ukrainian secret service officers, Ukrainian internal security officers, and politicians. After Yanukovych was ejected in 2014, Putin got serious about bringing Ukraine back into the fold.

Here is the fun part. I am told by people I know (who are still in the game) that for years Sergey Beseda and Anatoly Bolyukh have been embezzling every dime of the bribe budget--literally billions of dollars. And everyone in the 5th-Branch was getting a piece of the action, all the way down to the field operatives who were supposed to be doing all the bribing. It was the perfect crime, spy bribes are paid in cash, and nobody, not even Vladimir Putin was crazy enough to invade Ukraine so nobody in the FSB was ever going to try to collect on the bribes that were never paid.

And this went on for years--since at least 2014.

Until, late last year.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ADUB77

Should probably add im not American ADUB77 im Scottish.

As to America aye, ive kind of lost a lot of faith and respect for the place myself since the end of the 90s.

Everywhere wanted to be just like America back in the day as far as i can establish.

But even with all her faults ile take the USA over Russia everyday of the week and twice on Tuesdays, same as i would with my own nation over Putin's land of supposed bread and honey.
edit on 22-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

I’d be interested to hear your theory on how Hypersonic missiles can be intercepted by the US Navy or their Carrier strike groups.

Because I’ve done the calculations, but please Andy do share.

How many hyper missiles do they have, what warhead is on them, what is their range, do they even work as advertised? I think it was estimated after the fall of the USSR that they could only maintain 20% or less of active missile sites we thought were ready, so why is it any different now?

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

But even with all her faults ile take the USA over Russia everyday of the week and twice on Tuesdays, same as i would with my own nation over Putin's land of supposed bread and honey.

After pushing all the negative hype, propaganda etc to the side Americans live pretty damn good compared to almost the whole rest of the world. My lifestyle I have right now would be hard to match much less exceeded any other place on the planet.

edit on 22-3-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yes i know that Xtrozero.

Same here in Bonny Scotland for the most part.

Although both our respective nations do indeed have areas that resemble the likes of third world nations.

We are both very lucky by comparison given the state of the rest of the world.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   

We have it pretty good in Canada, gas could be 15 a gallon and bread 10 a loaf, I would just have to stop spending 600 a month on uber eats, 400 a month on cigs, and 400 on weed

We've gotten decadent up here

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   
2300 a month mortgage, 400 a month internet cell cable, 400 month utilities, 300 property tax

400 for car payment, 130 insurance

Where does all the money come from lol

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Snap on the green pcm. LoL

Stopped smoking fags about 16 months back now all the same.

Sitting here waiting on my Big-Mac meal and large Banana Shake arriving from JustEat the now.

Its not half bad is it, should not really complain nether we should compared to fecking some poor sods.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Well brother I'm 60 percent Scottish through Lyon Hardie Hake family names

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   

We are both very lucky by comparison given the state of the rest of the world.

We kind of won the lottery of life...lol

I'm just a retired military guy, so not rich by any means, but boy living for years in France, Germany, Japan and South Korea while spending a good amount of time in 70+ countries it is just crazy how much better I can live here then even the places I mentioned. Just having central heating and cooling in my house is something 90% of the world just doesn't have, something we take for granted is basically unheard of in most places, and there is so much we just take for granted that much of the world just doesn't have.

The biggest difference is 90% of where you end up in life is in full control of the individual in your country and mine. It is mostly all individual choices good or bad. Most other places a person has little choice, you die basically in what one could call a cast system you were born in. Those cast systems are both formal and informal, but both can be just as limited to the individual growth of a person in life.

And BTW I do love my Bowmore 18, about 90 Euros where I live...

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADUB77

We have it pretty good in Canada, gas could be 15 a gallon and bread 10 a loaf, I would just have to stop spending 600 a month on uber eats, 400 a month on cigs, and 400 on weed

We've gotten decadent up here

The difference is you lack the choices America sees as routine, such as being able to actually live where it is warm...lol
I actually buy my beef by the half cow that is grass-fed and oats etc the last few weeks, really good meat 2.90 per pound on the average. I have 2 large refrigerators and two large freezers. I recently bought half a pig and the bacon that came out of that was crazy good, so outside of my kids in Collage I don't see anything like uber eats.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Im only 46 Xtrozero but as far as i can establish thus far people simply make the best of what they have, fight the fights that they can win, if they are smart walk away from the ones they cannot, and just generally try to exist without to much bother.

That's if they are smart.

Props on the 18 year old by the way.

Where Whiskey is concerned I'm quite partial to a simple bottle of Bells.

I'm more a Grey Goose man if I'm honest which is still extortionate to the tune of about £40 a bottle. LoL

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

Technically they can still be intercepted.

But a swarm attack using multiple different missiles would be another kettle of fish to contend with.

Anyhoo you sink a carrier and you destroy 100s of billions of dollars worth of both man, machine and munitions.

Any nation silly enough to play that game is apt to provoke a response of the tactical nuclear sorts.

I’d be interested to hear your theory on how Hypersonic missiles can be intercepted by the US Navy or their Carrier strike groups.

Because I’ve done the calculations, but please Andy do share.

The capability is there just not for a large amount of them say 20 could easily overwhelm the aegis system. Less than 5 would get splashed. but the problem is finding the carrier is not an easy task for Russia. but lets say an aircraft managed to get off a launch the missile still needs to e guided and dazzlers alone would be quite an effective missile defense cant hit what it cant see. Then there is the SM6 which can intercept hypersonic missiles and in fact is hypersonic itself. However, having said that the system cant handle a large number of them luckily Russia cant afford to make a lot of them.
edit on 3/22/22 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Can’t keep up so apologies if this was posted.

This is apparently a video of the missile.

t.me...

It’s fast.
edit on 3 22 2022 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Im only 46 Xtrozero but as far as i can establish thus far people simply make the best of what they have, fight the fights that they can win, if they are smart walk away from the ones they cannot, and just generally try to exist without to much bother.

That's if they are smart.

Props on the 18 year old by they way.

Where Whiskey is concerned im quite partial to a simple bottle of Bells.

Im more a Grey Goose man if im honest which is still extortionate to the tune of about £40 a bottle. LoL

I am mostly bourbon with a nice cigar, but I do love the Islay...

As I said in another post it is more about the choices available throughout one's life. Most people are not part of the squeaky wheel we always hear, and so has the tendency to makeup a very small percentage of the population, but being squeaky it seems like much more.

I agree most people just want to provide a good life for themselves and their families and much that seems to take the front page all he time has little to do with them doing that.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hypersonic weapons are of limited utility in Ukraine. Great if you're in to flattening buildings, alongside the risk of killing innocents.

Pointless against a squad of motivated Ukrainian troops armed with effective anti tank weapons, who have halted your advance and are ruining your day.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   
According to Putin, Russia is being threatened by everybody (NATO, Ukraine etc. you name it). But it is absolutely fine to threaten everybody if you are a Russian:

State Russian TV show in prime time discusses possible nuclear strike on Europe, Russian invasion of Poland and Lithuania and corridor to Kaliningrad, threatens Germany and Baltic states.

Link to the video

Collected threats from Russian propagandists in the address of Europe and claims that they will not stop in Ukraine

Link to the video

And, of course, this one a few days ago:
'Russia’s ambassador to Bosnia and Herzegovina, told a Bosnian TV channel that Russia would “react” if Bosnia decides to join NATO. He cited the example of Ukraine in an apparent reference to using military force.'
Link to the video

Insanity level 1000.
Looking at these people, I think, either they do not understand how the nukes work or they don't really care if they will nuke their own a*ses. Some unsettling thoughts here.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

The capability is there just not for a large amount of them say 20 could easily overwhelm the aegis system. Less than 5 would get splashed. but the problem is finding the carrier is not an easy task for Russia. but lets say an aircraft managed to get off a launch the missile still needs to e guided and dazzlers alone would be quite an effective missile defense cant hit what it cant see. Then there is the SM6 which can intercept hypersonic missiles and in fact is hypersonic itself. However, having said that the system cant handle a large number of them luckily Russia cant afford to make a lot of them.

For a rather long time now a simple low tech answer is to fill the air with a wall of lead as with the case with the Phalanx system. There are also a million rounds a minute type guns.

As to the aegis system...

The heart of the system is the AN/SPY-1, an advanced, automatic detect and track, multi-function phased-array radar. This high-powered (four megawatt) radar is able to perform search, track, and missile guidance functions simultaneously, with a track capacity of more than 100 targets.

It just seems people have a tendency to up-play what other countries have and down play what America has. One thing for people to think about is when we actually see something it is already 15+ years old to what we do not see yet.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   

a reply to: ISeekTruth101

See the part where i say ""theoretically"". LoL

However directed energy weapons are indeed on the cards in the not to distant future, and will be used to target and take down hypersonic missiles

The United States Navy is already close to outfitting its ships with a 150 kilowatt laser that will be able to target missiles, drones and other modern threats.

Yeah I’ve seen them operated by humans, so they better have fast reaction times too!

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

top topics

<< 305  306  307    309  310  311 >>

join