It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 248
<< 245  246  247    249  250  251 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

You do know what geolocation is right? You can find the coordinates for the ambush in the thread. You can go to google street view yourself and confirm the video location.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: McGinty

Each day I’m more convinced that Biden doesn’t want this war to end.

Truthfully, I would be hard pressed to believe that. Biden is a bleeding heart and, ultimately, an appeaser....I think it's more likely the warhawks in D.C. dont want it to end far more than Biden not wanting it to end.

Joe Biden is the Bob Ross of government. Happy little trees, happy little leaves....

Apologies! Watching from across the pond i tend to fall into the trap of seeing the potus and policy, both visible and not so visible as one and the same thing. Of course they're not. My intent was that whomever is pulling the strings might want this war to drag on.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

No need to apologize, seriously.

We're both just expressing our opinions on this conflict

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'd like to leave something in this thread from back in the early 90's that Nixon wrote when he was debriefed by George H.W. Bush, and Clinton on his trip(s) to Russia right during their period of an attempt at democracy.

"The independence of Ukraine is indispensable," he wrote. "A Russian-Ukrainian confrontation would make Bosnia look like a Sunday-school picnic. Moscow should be made to understand that any attempt to destabilize Ukraine—to say nothing of outright aggression—would have devastating consequences for the Russian-American relationship. Ukrainian stability is in the strategic interest of the United States. To the extent that Kiev is prepared to proceed with economic reforms, supporting these efforts should be a national security priority for the U.S."

"If Yeltsin fails," Nixon cautioned, "the prospects for the next 50 years will turn grim...a new, more dangerous despotism based on extremist Russian nationalism will take power. ...Even before communism, Russia had an expansionist tradition dating back seven centuries. The leaders of a new despotism...will stoke nationalist passions and exploit the tendency of the Russian people to turn to the strong hand—even to dictatorship—during times of troubles."

Nixon was a piece of garbage for how he betrayed public trust in the 70's, but he wasn't wrong about this.

Read the entire 5 page memo from the Nixon Library here for those interested
edit on 10-3-2022 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Indeed.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bugman82

You do know what geolocation is right? You can find the coordinates for the ambush in the thread. You can go to google street view yourself and confirm the video location.
But can I confirm the crater? On the location they mentioned?

I can google street view your house, doesn’t mean there will be a Bugatti Chiron SuperSport parker there. And even if there was, the image is 3 years old.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   
"More than 1,200 bodies have been collected on the streets of the besieged Ukrainian port of Mariupol since Russian shelling began, the city’s deputy mayor said.

Speaking to the BBC, Serhiy Orlov said he doesn’t know how many people have been killed in total in the city, but the most recent figure is 1,207.

These are “just bodies that we collected on the street”, Orlov said.

Forty-seven people had been buried in a mass grave as it was not possible to reach burial sites outside the city, he said. “Not all of them were identified,” he added."

Heard the other day Ukraine had positioned 2500 Azlov neo Nazis inside Mariopol to defend the crucial city, maybe the dead are these paramilis.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Heard the other day Ukraine had positioned 2500 Azlov neo Nazis inside Mariopol to defend the crucial city, maybe the dead are these paramilis.

Heard from where?

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Video - Putin remarks about the time he asked Bill Clinton in 2000 how he would feel about Russia joining NATO

youtu.be...

The US never wanted Russia in NATO, its not big enough for both egos. Only one sheriff can run NATO. Minions of the USA.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Can't remember but will try. Might have been the radio. Saying that when looking at the map Mariopol looks like it's totally the place to position your hardcore fighters. If it falls to Moscow then the Russian military secure Crimea to the Federation

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
More here from the Greek......................... "Who are the Azov Battalion?

"Azov Special Operations Detachment (Ukrainian: Окремий загін спеціального призначення «Азов»), or Azov Battalion, is a right-wing extremist and neo-Nazi unit of the National Guard of Ukraine, based in Mariupol, in the Azov Sea coastal region" greekcitytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Yea if you could, please do find this. I would love to read about it.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Russia demanded special privileges over other member states. When they were told that's not how NATO works their interest in joining dwindled.

That didn't stop them from joining NATO's Partnership for Peace Program though.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Russia demanded special privileges over other member states. When they were told that's not how NATO works their interest in joining dwindled.

That didn't stop them from joining NATO's Partnership for Peace Program though.

Well thats what I mean, it’s not documented but its obvious to see America enjoy special priviliges in NATO
Telling other member states when to jump and how high. But if I am the only one who sees it that way, so be it

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Impressive combat footage in Ukraine, showing ukranian anti-tank squad and infantry armed with NATO toys

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Except that's not the case. There have been plenty of times the US has sought help from NATO allies and were turned down. For example, the invasion of Iraq.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Wonder how Putin will react to this say's we have frozen all Russia gold and foreign cash .

West has defaulted on its financial obligations to Russia

RT

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Except that's not the case. There have been plenty of times the US has sought help from NATO allies and were turned down. For example, the invasion of Iraq.

Who turned it down?

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The 'special privilege' requested (one of them) was russia not being required to meet the absolute minimum requirements that all NATO countries must meet.

Making russia completely unqualified for NATO membership.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 245  246  247    249  250  251 >>

join