It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 249
<< 246  247  248    250  251  252 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
The US never wanted Russia in NATO, its not big enough for both egos.

If you want to know why Russia's advances to join NATO were rebuffed, you just need to loom at history and the present.
edit on 10/3/2022 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I keep seeing loads of videos on youtube of captured russian soldiers being interviewed

i thought that the geneva convention forbids the filming and picture taking of prisoners of war for public curiosity

“Being exposed to ‘public curiosity’ as a prisoner of war, even when such exposure is not accompanied by insulting remarks or actions, is humiliating in itself and therefore specifically prohibited. For the purposes of the present article, ‘public’ should be interpreted as referring to anyone who is not directly involved in handling the prisoners of war, including other members of the Detaining Power. Exposure to public curiosity can take many forms. The prohibition undoubtedly covers parading prisoners in public. Moreover, prisoners must not be exposed to humiliation when they leave their camp for work, are transferred to another facility or are being repatriated. In modern conflicts, the prohibition also covers, subject to the considerations discussed below, the disclosure of photographic and video images, recordings of interrogations or private conversations or personal correspondence or any other private data, irrespective of which public communication channel is used, including the internet. Although this is seemingly different from being marched through a hostile crowd, such disclosure could still be humiliating and jeopardize the safety of the prisoners’ families and of the prisoners themselves once they are released.”

Article on the legality of such events in war

Does the filming of Russian POWs violate the Geneva convention
edit on 10-3-2022 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
Impressive combat footage in Ukraine, showing ukranian anti-tank squad and infantry armed with NATO toys

youtu.be...

That's a great war vid...

Glory to Ukraine!!!

I'll post it for ya:

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   

'World's Deadliest' Sniper Arrives In Ukraine To Fight The Russians

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86
You should not perpetrate sharing that video. The Russians now know who to target preemptively.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
You should not perpetrate sharing that video. The Russians now know who to target preemptively.

You are right, but the dude basically announced his arrival. He let the news report on his decision.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I don't see Russia paying much attention to the niceties of the international recognised rules of warfare.

Filming POWs?

Shocking.

Meanwhile, bombing hospitals and targeting civilians?

Let's not deflect from that.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Im not deflecting im just sharing the information and drawing attention to it that people are looking into every aspect of the conflict.

This is the Russia Ukraine update thread right ? or is it the Russia evil Ukraine the best thread ?

Im not condoning any of this bull# , all war is murder in my opinion , state sanctioned murder , and all violence against innocent people is unjust.
so I dont have a horse in this race , well if I think about it the only horse im backing is the truth , and by the looks of it my luck is out
but im willing to place it all on the line for the truth to come in and steal it at the end!
I have hope that this will all end with minimal loss of life.

I find that these videos flooding youtube of POW's being filmed being a violation of the Geneva convention
is one thing but then are they even Russian POW's ?
Why would Ukraine try to draw any attention to themselves when there is a war on , any negative press would be bad
regardless of what Russia does, its war and public opinion means everything.
So why ask for trouble by filming the POW's in the first place unless of course they are fake , they arent real POW's and then its not a violation of the convention but its just propaganda.

No one really plays by the agreed rules of war do they.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   

what exactly is great about war ?

do you think great is a word you would use to describe war unless its used in like a historical context as in "the great war" describing its length as great.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Seems like an unprovoked, unneeded, unjustified invasion to me.

Not really a 2-sided war.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   
New 40 Mile Long Russian Military Convoy. Damm

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Its already been online that he is there:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Wali crossed into Ukraine on March 1, which he documented in detail as he prepared to cross from neighboring Poland.

While his name remains a mystery, Wali is becoming a familiar face on the ground and is keeping an online diary of his experiences in Ukraine. Over the last 10 days, he has told of the warm welcome he received from Ukrainians grateful for the help to defend their country.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Seems like an unprovoked, unneeded, unjustified invasion to me.

Not really a 2-sided war.

Unjustified, agreed.

Certainly provoked

Uneeded? Highly subjective but the US being involved is certainly uneeded.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

What exactly was this 'provocation?

edit on 10-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Are you suggesting ruskies are invading because they didnt have anything better to do?

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   
History isn't pleasant when it comes to unjustified

edit on 3102022 by MetalThunder because: Wake up sheeple

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   

No.

Because putin's an insane madman.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

what exactly is great about war ?

do you think great is a word you would use to describe war unless its used in like a historical context as in "the great war" describing its length as great.

Well said!

My guess would be that anyone saying war is great has never been in one.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I saw a discussion on statements by captured soldiers. Seemed to be the consensus that if they wanted to do the video, voluntarily, with no coercion, no torture etc, that it does not violate. Now, I'm not sure if that's accurate, but that was the opinion.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

What exactly was this 'provocation?

That's my question too.

<< 246  247  248    250  251  252 >>

join