It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 233
<< 230  231  232    234  235  236 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 04:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   
If you post a YouTube video or link that has graphic content, even if it is from news coverage, can you please leave a warning? I know most are doing this. I have been keeping tabs on this thread to see updates on the events and like to avoid the more graphic images. Thx. ✌

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
Oh dear.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Joe Biden wants to facilitate Putin's frustration, anger, and possibility of using tactical nuclear weapons.

Joe is old, sick, hates his own family, who also hates him. Ready to go out in a blast, like James Cagney.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Can you please stop posting about your partisan party politics in every thread?

The rest of the world couldn't give a monkey's.

Back on topic, Putin?

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   
There is talk that Russia is going to sever itself from the internet outside of the country on Friday 11th March.
They will only run a highly tracked/spied on internal network with their own servers and adresses-at least that is the claim.
Im not sure its entirley feasible,but will no doubt involve riot police dragging people away from their computers if they are deemed to be viewing outside material..

Russia could be about to pull the plug on the global internet and sever itself from the rest of the world. An unverified tweet has been making waves, claiming the country will remove itself from the international online community on March 11.
A post from Belarus-based media outfit Nexta, has made the claim, suggesting that all companies wanting to keep an online presence there will need to shift to domestic servers. ‘Russia began active preparations for disconnection from the global Internet,’ the tweet reads.
‘No later than March 11, all servers and domains must be transferred to the Russian zone. In addition, detailed data on the network infrastructure of the sites is being collected.’

The claim has made the rounds on social media, with another account claiming it is in preparation for cyber attacks against the US.

‘Russia will disconnect from external internet starting March 11,’ posted an unverified Twitter user with the username Black Swan.

‘All companies in Russia are required to get on a ‘.ru. address and Russian domestic server. Business have 5 days to comply. Cyber attacks on US inbound…’

www.msn.com...

I would think its more about protecting russia from cyber attacks,and only allowing Russians to view pro Kremlin media?
Anyway-could it even be done?
What would they have to do-cut the physical internet cables?
Will the younger tech savvy generation be able to find ways around it I wonder?

Russia claim to have tested it before-in June/July 2021-

MOSCOW, July 22 (Reuters) - Russia managed to disconnect itself from the global internet during tests in June and July, the RBC daily reported on Thursday, citing documents from the working group tasked with improving Russia's internet security.
Russia adopted legislation, known as the "sovereign internet" law, in late 2019 that seeks to shield the country from being cut off from foreign infrastructure, in answer to what Russia called the "aggressive nature" of the United States' national cyber security strategy.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

putin is trying to crack down on Russian citizens saying unapproved things about dear leader and the madman's adventure in ukraine.

Nothing else.

An act of complete desperation.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Is Putin planning on going full wag the dog? I think this may be the one way, short of winning in Ukraine in the near future, that Putin can save face and buy himself some time. Also, he might take the opportunity to silence his dissenters.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

Right now the Russian public is starting to wag putin.

This is putin shooting the messenger.

In desperate attempt to avoid being wagged into a coffin.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Russian ICBM could be raining down on your head pal and you would still be singing the same tune and blaming Biden. LoL

Its beginning to be a real fixation with some peeps around these here parts.
edit on 8-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Rightly so.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Oh dear.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I wonder if Vlad sees this as ironic…

“Living History: How -40° temperatures stopped Nazi Germany“

www.newscenter1.tv...

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Which one through Russian ICBM or Joe Biden being responsible for all the worlds woes?

Because the facts suggest the real perpetrator is indeed Vladimir Putin.

Its not Joe Biden that's taking the world down the direction of nuclear conflict.

That's Putin by way of his sad sabre rattling, all because all is not going to plan far as i can establish.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The final nail in Putin's and Russia's has coffin been done, folks

This is the worse, more terrible than the oil sanctions, banking, oligarchs, and rubble mess...

McDonald's, Starbucks and Coca-Cola leave Russia

link

New York (CNN Business)McDonald's and Starbucks are shutting their restaurants and cafes in Russia, and Coca-Cola is suspending its operations there in response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine. PepsiCo is also pulling some products from the country.

"McDonald's has decided to temporarily close all our restaurants in Russia and pause all operations in the market," CEO Chris Kempczinski said in a statement Tuesday.
There were 847 locations of McDonald's in Russia at the close of last year, according to an investor document.

STARBUCKS AND COKE TOO, OH MY GOODNESS

Dunkin Donuts next? Maybe even Micky Mouse!!!!!

Poor Russia

edit on 8-3-2022 by peaceinoutz because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2022 by peaceinoutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'd like to see Putin's apologists try and justify this:

www.itv.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Oh dear.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Joe Biden wants to facilitate Putin's frustration, anger, and possibility of using tactical nuclear weapons.

Joe is old, sick, hates his own family, who also hates him. Ready to go out in a blast, like James Cagney.

I think the US are trying to see Putin out the door the same way Reagan did with communism via his Star Wars fallacy. Make them over stretch until they break. I think potus is egging on and making promises to zelenskyy to convince him to fight Putin. The plan being that Putin keep fighting without real progress until his own people oust him. Biden doesn’t want Putin to take Kiev, but nor does he want Putin to give up and go home. It’s like getting the genie back in the bottle by suggesting he’s not powerful enough to do so.

However, this is not 80s USSR. This is Putin - a paranoid man with a reason to be paranoid. Pushing that paranoia to the enth degree to see if it breaks him is a dangerous, dumb game to play. But then America has trouble coming up with new ideas (like peace) - everything’s a reboot, including it seems their strategy for dealing this a bear.

edit on 8-3-2022 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

What exactly is a putin apologist?

Seen any here?

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Without a doubt. I remember a few years ago on this website reading about how Putin was putting a small group of Christians known as Jehovah's Witnesses into prison for being extremists. I saw those posters getting banned for posting about what was going on in the Russian Federation, but I recall one of them saying that that was how it started in Nazi controlled Germany back in the early 30's. Hitler first targeted the Witnesses and they were the first thrown into the concentration camps along with the Jews.

It looks like those observations were right. And now the world is going to see the real side of the Russian Federation. Imagine, Hitler could not have come to power or kept it without the will of the people. Looking at all the atrocities the Russian police and military were already perpetuating on its own citizens for years now, it is not of any surprise that they are now bringing that same brutal force to bear on those outside their boundaries. Putin wants to expand his reign of terror, and the boundaries of the Russian Federation even more, just like Hitler, it appears.

edit on 8-3-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   
If Putin’s up on his Roman history he’ll probably spend the 15th locked in his penthouses accepting no visitors.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Idesee what you did there.

top topics

<< 230  231  232    234  235  236 >>

join