It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 230
<< 227  228  229    231  232  233 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

Ah, I though you were still trying to claim that russia didn't bomb civilians attempting to flee through humanitarian corridors that russian had promised to not bomb.

Still not gonna go into details on it in a russia ukraine thread just cuz you are too lazy to do it for yourself, but here, have some wiki:

According to US officials, Russia violated the treaty in 2008 by testing the SSC-8 cruise missile, which has a range of 3,000 km (1,900 mi).[48][49] Russia rejected the claim that their SSC-8 missiles violated the treaty, and claiming that the SSC-8 has a maximum range of only 480 km (300 mi).[citation needed] In 2013, it was reported that Russia had tested and planned to continue testing two missiles in ways that could violate the terms of the treaty: the road-mobile SS-25 and the newer RS-26 ICBMs.[50] The US representatives briefed NATO on other Russian breaches of the INF Treaty in 2014[51][52] and 2017,[48][53] and in 2018, NATO formally supported the US accusations and accused Russia of breaking the treaty.[12][54] Russia denied the accusation and Putin said it was a pretext for the US to withdraw from the treaty.[12] A BBC analysis of the meeting that culminated in the NATO statement said that "NATO allies here share Washington's concerns and have backed the US position, thankful perhaps that it includes this short grace period during which Russia might change its mind."[55]

That’s not the treaty in question. We were discussing the Antiballistic Missile treaty signed in 1972. There are many treaties out there... I can understand why it’s confusing.

USA withdrew from the Antiballistic Missile Treaty in 2002 which predates the events cited by article you shared by six years.
edit on 8-3-2022 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   

a reply to: v1rtu0s0

The stolen election immediately prior to the 'coup'.

You know, the ACTUAL thing that started this whole mess in the first place.

The timeline did NOT start with the 'coup'

I vehemently disagree...

link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Patriot, i think you guys are talking about 2 different things on this one.

I think the discussion is about the 1972 ABM treaty that the USA did (rightly) pull out of in 2002. At the time emotions were high thanks to some Trash-Bin Louder bringing down a couple-a towers onto almost 3000 innocent civilians.

At the time Putin said it was likely a mistake, and he WAS, at the time, right about that....it was.

link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

Ah, I though you were still trying to claim that russia didn't bomb civilians attempting to flee through humanitarian corridors that russian had promised to not bomb.

Still not gonna go into details on it in a russia ukraine thread just cuz you are too lazy to do it for yourself, but here, have some wiki:

According to US officials, Russia violated the treaty in 2008 by testing the SSC-8 cruise missile, which has a range of 3,000 km (1,900 mi).[48][49] Russia rejected the claim that their SSC-8 missiles violated the treaty, and claiming that the SSC-8 has a maximum range of only 480 km (300 mi).[citation needed] In 2013, it was reported that Russia had tested and planned to continue testing two missiles in ways that could violate the terms of the treaty: the road-mobile SS-25 and the newer RS-26 ICBMs.[50] The US representatives briefed NATO on other Russian breaches of the INF Treaty in 2014[51][52] and 2017,[48][53] and in 2018, NATO formally supported the US accusations and accused Russia of breaking the treaty.[12][54] Russia denied the accusation and Putin said it was a pretext for the US to withdraw from the treaty.[12] A BBC analysis of the meeting that culminated in the NATO statement said that "NATO allies here share Washington's concerns and have backed the US position, thankful perhaps that it includes this short grace period during which Russia might change its mind."[55]

That’s not the treaty in question. We were discussing the Antiballistic Missile treaty signed in 1972. There are many treaties out there... I can understand why it’s confusing.

USA withdrew from the Antiballistic Missile Treaty in 2002 which predates the events cited by article you shared by six years.

Russia cheated on EVERY treaty it ever entered into with the U.S.

Every single one.

Here is your ABM:

Ket me know if you find ANY agreement that russia did NOT cheat on, might save some time.

www.usatoday.com...

edit on 8-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

I vehemently disagree...

If course you do.

Do you think that there was no stolen election?

Or that we should pretend the timeline started with the coup?

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Putin is harkening back to the ol' Russian playbook: Which is his scorched earth policy, so he can replace the killed or dislocated Ukrainian citizens in Ukraine with Russian one's.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Russia cheated on EVERY treaty it ever entered into with the U.S.

Every single one.

Here is your ABM:

Ket me know if you find ANY agreement that russia did NOT cheat on, might save some time.

www.usatoday.com...

Goal post changing hey! Not very subtle though.

Anyways, whether Russia had or hadn’t violated previous treaties... they don’t have missiles stationed 75 miles from US borders.

But Murica has theirs 75 miles from Russias borders. So all the treaty talk is superseded by these actions right here in who is doing the most to foster peace.

Hell, if Russia just swam past Mexico USA would be in uproar demanding global condemnation for these illegitimate swimming activities by Russia that is destabilising peace in the region.

Putin is smarter than to deploy missiles to Mexico or Cuba, as he doesn’t want to be the aggressor. Funnily enough USA were the first ones to deploy missiles near USSR back in 62 as well.

History repeats, but this time it ends with a bang.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

So you're now back to the fiction that ANYONE armed Ukraine?

Have ANY evidence of this?

Of course not.

putin lied .

Do you ever get tired of repeating his lies?

Apparently not.

edit on 8-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   

But Murica has theirs 75 miles from Russias borders. So all the treaty talk is superseded by these actions right here in who is doing the most to foster peace.

You seem though, to keep making the same mistake, they are not US missles, they are NATO missle defense systems. Murica doesn't own them.

Putin is the aggressor here, and the world is speaking with one voice calling him exactly that. What transpired in years gone by almost has no meaning. Also, let us not forget that Putin said very recently "he had no plans to invade Ukraine".....BS. You know it's BS and I know it's BS.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Yeah it was stolen, but the coup happened in 2014.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   
So people still wonder why the convoy waits to demolish Kiev in an Aleppo style way? It's possibly one big game of poker.

Looks like there is a potential deal going on in the background tailored by Bennett and Putin and not including any NATO involvement.

It's either capitualte, give up the Donbass and Crimea, reduce the Ukranian military and declare forever nutrality or accept the country slowly getting destroyed and becoming part of Russia, Zelensky is 50/50 which is no surprise............

"Putin's offer, Zelensky's dilemma: What is going on in negotiations between Russia and Ukraine?
According to sources privy to details about Bennett's trip to Russia, the negotiations are much more serious than what the West has been saying – and Zelensky faces a tough decision."

www.jpost.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Biden Announces Ban On Russian Oil And Gas Imports

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Senators Push Bill To Freeze Russian Access To Gold

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Scotland's central belt from Edinburgh all the wayout to the Holy Loch would be targeted. Russia won't just send one nuke. Each missile could contain as many as twenty warheads. Carpet bombing us back to the stone age.

Not really a high value target, given the actual nukes would be at sea. Hitting storage would be like closing the barn door after the proverbial horse had bolted. This targeting of Scotland because of the naval base on the Clyde, is just the parroting of the anti-nuclear doom/fear-mongering.

In a hot nuclear war, you can be sure the pain would be spread around elsewhere too, and there will be a surplus of Russian nukes if you are worried you won't get one.

Given the poor performance of the Russian military to date, one wonders if the Russian nukes would actually work!

So what would you consider a "high-Value target"?. Considering these Nukes are either at sea or in underground bunkers where else would they use them?.

Scotland would be a first strike target precisely because of those Nuclear bases and storage facilities on our soil. Russia has had Scotland on its radar since the 50s...and not just Faslane or the Holy Loch either. They would obliterate the entire central belt. In the event of Nuclear war, d'ya think the plan is to leave a lot of angry survivors, infrastructure and industry?.

You better believe I'm anti-nuclear. I would rather be some fear-mongering parrot than some #ing psychopath who thinks its somehow acceptable to have them.

If you believe Russia has somewhat inferior Nuclear weapons or a dodgy delivery system based on what you are been told about Ukrain you are deluded.

You haven't seen Russia's true military firepower to date. They are holding back. They are simply sending in the conscripts and expendable hardware in order to deplete Ukraine's and everyone else's resources.

They could reduce Ukraine to a smoldering mass in minutes if that's what they really wanted to do. Pretty much the same for Scotland and the rest of the UK.

edit on 8-3-2022 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Why Putin's War in Ukraine is Still Going Badly - TLDR New

We're coming up to 2 weeks since Russia first invaded Ukraine and things clearly aren't going as well as Putin hoped. Now, things could change (and fast) but right now Russia are having real difficulties. So in this video, we explain why Russia seems to be struggling so much at what Putin thought would be a very easy job.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   

So you're now back to the fiction that ANYONE armed Ukraine?

Have ANY evidence of this?

Of course not.

putin lied .

Do you ever get tired of repeating his lies?

Apparently not.

Didn’t mention Ukraine. The US missile deployment are in Poland and Romania. These are the events that I believe set in motion the Ukraine Russia conflict.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

My war tribute to the AK-47 and the AK-74 --- Of which I own both, plus my Romanian PSL and Iraqi Tabuk, AK sniper rifles.

Lord of War - AK-47

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Try this again. Why would the US do any business of any kind with Maduro..Completely nuts. They have US federal narco charges against them. Under indictment. The opposition leader in Venezuela is going to be offended..That was a good thing that T-rump attempted, supporting Guaido, even though it was obvious he was going to get screwed. Now insult has been added to injury..You should go to the DOJ website and check out all the charges in the US against Maduro and his cronies. Weird. Is this one of those partisan things where no matter what one side does, no matter how beneficial, the other side tries to destroy it on principle..sounds like it.
edit on 8-3-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: Juan Guaido

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

You seem though, to keep making the same mistake, they are not US missles, they are NATO missle defense systems. Murica doesn't own them.

Putin is the aggressor here, and the world is speaking with one voice calling him exactly that. What transpired in years gone by almost has no meaning. Also, let us not forget that Putin said very recently "he had no plans to invade Ukraine".....BS. You know it's BS and I know it's BS.

It’s a US contribution, american made, American designed, American deployed as directed by the US Commander-in-Chief in 2009:

www.armscontrol.org...

The Aegis Ashore system deployed in Poland and in Romania as part of a defensive pact signed by the aforementioned nations and the USA directly:

www.eucom.mil...

I don’t want to BS anyone here, but these are facts and it’s disingenuous to mark these events as NATO controlled just to deflect from USA spearheading the deployment.

As for Putin saying he won’t invade, I believe he wouldn’t have invaded had NATO Ukraine and USA agreed to his simple security demands. He didn’t ask USA or NATO to do something he wouldn’t do himself, simply stop expanding so close to Russian borders.

He has been patient since 2002 and 2011 missile deployments, thats patient enough. When I heard the news back in 2011, which was posted here on ATS I couldn’t believe the muted response from Putin, I figured he had gone soft and limp at such a large prod from USA here.

The real BS is the excuse that these missile deloyments are to protect against Iran. I mean not all of us are that naive. Iran doesn’t have the capability let alone the motive to launch any missiles newr that region of the world.

I mean POLAND!!! For crying out loud. Let’s all open google maps and figure out where the enemy is near Poland. Oh look it’s Russia.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Defense. System.

NOT a threat to russians in russia in ANY way.

NOT 'Arming Ukraine'.

Stop spreading lies.

top topics

<< 227  228  229    231  232  233 >>

join