It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 227
<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Deleted - post not working
edit on 8-3-2022 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

We pulled out of the agreement AFTER catching russia red handed completely ignoring the agreement the whole time.

Go complain to putin about it, HE ended the agreement, NOT us.

Stopped reading right there.

Why would anyone bother after that whopper?

source to back up your claim?

Didn’t think so!

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

Just can’t trust the mainstream media run by the Western cabal and conglomerates.

And we can't trust Russia either. They are blasting propaganda as well. Russia is not a free country with free media. At least the west has alternative media and journalists that are free to report how they wish.

It would be nice if western mainstream media could stick to just the facts and the various reasonings behind Russia's invasion.

While I'm all for critizing Ukraine and their propaganda, we should be careful to avoid falling for the large amount of pro-Russian propagand as well. And afterall, Russia ruined there chance to reveal Ukrainian corruption when they invaded the country.

Now, who is going to believe Putin, russian officials, or media?

Agreed, unfortunately the media outlets controlled by the west are numerous and all appear to speak with one voice. They’re everywhere you look. Russian media by comparison has a small global footprint. I wish there was a way to get real, unbiased updates on the situation it’s a real struggle.

Even YouTube and Twitter are flooded with video clips on the situation that are years old from pervious disasters and conflicts.

I’m still looking for sources.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I agree concerning Ukrainian resistance movements operating against Russian occupation forces. NATO will rely on those armed groups to delay Putin's invasion of western Europe by targeting the buildup of troops and air power.

But don't overlook Putin employing Stalin's playbook from Poland in 1939. Political opponents and POWs are massacred.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngelsDecay

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

The image linked below shows how every nation voted, green being the good guys.

static.timesofisrael.com...

Most of the no and abstained votes are the typical list of dirtbag leaders and 3rd world nothings.

Why India & South Africa...any friend here with some knowledge about geopolitics with some light please??? Tanx in adv.

I am trying to catch up on this thread so apologies if this was already answered. This is all my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. I think the truth of this depends on your world view and whether you view the IMF, WTO NATO as good actors or tyrants exploiting poorer countries through the G20 and how many rich countries get together to decide how poor people get to live. The westren countries have a great deal of control on the poorer nations through these NGO's listed above for example in Africa the WTO forces the countries to export a certain amount of goods in exchange for their acceptance in the global economy coffee being the big one i can think of another is the philippines and its exportation of Rice their i have a bit more familiarity in that the good rice is sent abroad and the cheap or poor quality rice is kept in country. the IMF gives loans to people they know cannot repay with the appearent intent to foreclose on important assets like airports etc. note: China has begun implementing this policy around the world indepenantly as well.

Now that i have gave a little preface: Russia china and a few other countries have been attempting for decades to get out from under the thumb of those NGO's (non government organisations) . BRICS is one of those plans Those countries and i believe ultimately putin and china have the goal of replacing the US as the world's reserve currency or atleast becoming their own system to an extent but we have quite a hold on power with the petro dollar and have commited a few wars to keep it.
edit on 8-3-2022 by RsaWarhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 04:49 AM
link   
my post isnt working < ive typed a whole paragraph

ahh well
edit on 8-3-2022 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: RsaWarhawk

there are technically no good guys
they are all in on it and all have agendas

there are very few good people on earth
less than there are bad people

we are the bad guys

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

I'm not sure as to Putin's invasion of western Europe being on the cards xpert11.

Well not if his piss poor foray into Ukraine is anything to go by.

And even if they did manage to move further than Ukraine.

Russia dont have the troops or man power to hold that place never mind the rest of continental Europe.

Putin seems to have bitten of more than he car chew imho.

As to Stalin's antics in Poland, 10 million they were down at the end of the war or so im lead to believe, Putin trys something like that in this day of age and hopefully his own people will put him down.

Its a horrendous situation which never should have been allowed to go so far.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I never expected the Russian Army to embrace a culture of mission command, critical thinking, logistics and innovation. Yet I was surprised by the lousy performances of the Russian Army and air force in Ukraine. But writing the Russians off is unwise, for will lessons concerning combined arms and rear area security.

After the incompetent and foolish Russian military commanders are sacked, the next Zhukov will improve training, communications, inter-service cooperation. So, in effect, Russian forces will reach 'just good enough' status for the invasion of western Europe.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

I think we both know if that happened the nukes will fly.

And that's game over for just about everyone.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
This is some serious World War II stuff.

A Russian military armored train now appears to be taking an active part in the fighting in Ukraine. Video emerged on social media today reportedly showing the train arriving in the southern Ukrainian city of Melitopol after having departed from a yard on the Crimean Peninsula.

That thing will make a big target for anti-tank guided missiles. Ain't the 1940s anymore.

Cheers

I'm kind of surprised the Ukrainians aren't derailing those Russia supply trains. It's easy to do and much cheaper than missiles.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
This is some serious World War II stuff.

A Russian military armored train now appears to be taking an active part in the fighting in Ukraine. Video emerged on social media today reportedly showing the train arriving in the southern Ukrainian city of Melitopol after having departed from a yard on the Crimean Peninsula.

That thing will make a big target for anti-tank guided missiles. Ain't the 1940s anymore.

Cheers

I'm kind of surprised the Ukrainians aren't derailing those Russia supply trains. It's easy to do and much cheaper than missiles.

With the missiles being supplied by NATO members for free to fight a proxy war what's the big deal in using them

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Frankly, I don't care what they use; the fact that they aren't attempting to stop the Russian resupply trains is puzzling to me. Maybe they intend to hijack the supplies for themselves....
edit on 8-3-2022 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

I wonder if the railways are being targeted and that is why the armored train has arrived.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

True it is abit odd

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Don't they know we just want to lib'rate 'em?

Cheers

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

"Poking the bear" doesn't justify war. Nor does it deflect the notion that Russia has a large propaganda campaign.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Strange the UK isn’t targeted on the maps ?

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Russian should take one look at what happened with the likes of Brittan's escapades in Northern Ireland.

I think a huge reason that the adage exists "Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it", is exactly because it seems to be human nature to fail to study history.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: da pickles

I image HMNB Clyde Faslane will be a target down to the nuclear submarine facility and warhead storage.

new topics

top topics

<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join