It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 228
<< 225  226  227    229  230  231 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

I'm kind of surprised the Ukrainians aren't derailing those Russia supply trains. It's easy to do and much cheaper than missiles.

Depending on the weight and speed of the train, they aren't as easy to derail as you might think. Some can blow completely past manual derailers as though they werent even there.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   
No matter how much blaming is done, and how many counter-theories are posted, it won’t change the fact that the worlds foremost Nuclear superpower is surrounded almost completely by NATO on its eastern front. And US missiles are deployed practically on Russias border, 5000 miles away from USA in the opposite direction.

Now until this map starts to look different, we can expect a full blown escalation into WW3 with Thermonuclear destruction following very closely after.

South Korea and North Korea have a demilitarised zone between them. This is what it’s going to take to keep the peace between NATO USA and Russia. I see no other conflict resolution as USA NATO have already dismissed Putins security demands.

Ask yourself, if Russia deployed its own nuclear missiles any further into eastern Europe or god forbid the double-standard of having them deployed 75 miles from USA’s border... what would be the response?

If the world wants peace it needs to start acting like it. Because we’re the ones who will suffer. Yes us... everyday joe’s with no luxury nuclear bunker to seek refuge.

Russia has a nuclear arsenal of 6500 nuclear missiles. Can reach any target on earth with 300-800 kiloton payloads (40 times Hiroshima). Can launch 500 in an initial strike from submarines alone. They aren’t North Korea with one or two missiles that they polish and buff everyday.

Putin “why do we need a world if Russia is not in it”.

Please lets stop the aggressive NATO expansion, stop the missile deployments in Russias backyard... keep the peace.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: da pickles

I image HMNB Clyde Faslane will be a target down to the nuclear submarine facility and warhead storage.

Scotland's central belt from Edinburgh all the wayout to the Holy Loch would be targeted. Russia won't just send one nuke. Each missile could contain as many as twenty warheads. Carpet bombing us back to the stone age.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 08:09 AM
link   
* - In Sumy, a shell hit a residential building on Romenska Street. The impact destroyed and damaged homes. There are dead and injured. Among the victims are children.

* - Chuhuiv, Unexploded Smerch rocket Kharkiv oblast

* - British Defense Minister: We will support Poland's option if it decides to provide Ukraine with fighters

* - Russian troops shelled villages and evacuation bus in Kyiv region. 3 wounded

* - Evacuation from Sumy

* - Pilots ejected after aircraft shot down in Bilozerka, Kherson region

* - Vinnytsia, Kyiv(11:41). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Pryluky(11:47). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Two million people have left Ukraine since the start of the war: UN

As a reminder -

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

and how many counter-theories are posted

Putin didn't invade Ukraine in theory.

it won’t change the fact that the worlds foremost Nuclear superpower

Russia is a lot of things, but they aren't that.

is surrounded almost completely by NATO on its eastern front.

Surrounded? Belarus, Finland, Sweden, Ukraine are all non-nato member states.

And US missiles are deployed practically on Russias border, 5000 miles away from USA in the opposite direction.

NATO is not the USA, we just spend the most to support NATO as it seems a lot of other countries wanting protection weren't historically willing to participate at the same level of the US. Germany, thankfully, is rectifying that now by making it a part of their constitution.
And let's not forget, those are anti-ballistic missle systems protecting the respective countries in which they reside.

Now until this map starts to look different, we can expect a full blown escalation into WW3 with Thermonuclear destruction following very closely after.

Fine. Whatever, if Putin wants to be stupid, why not match stupid with stupid.

South Korea and North Korea have a demilitarised zone between them. This is what it’s going to take to keep the peace between NATO USA and Russia. I see no other conflict resolution as USA NATO have already dismissed Putins security demands.

So, ok with me LOL Let Putin turn his nation in NORK, before ya know it, he'll too be begging for rice. Especially when no one wants his damn gas.

Ask yourself, if Russia deployed its own nuclear missiles any further into eastern Europe or god forbid the double-standard of having them deployed 75 miles from USA’s border... what would be the response?

The same response we had in '63. We'd realize it's folly to start a nuclear war, and "quarantine" all the shipments of missle parts heading to this "phantom" area.

Russia has a nuclear arsenal of 6500 nuclear missiles. Can reach any target on earth with 300-800 kiloton payloads (40 times Hiroshima). Can launch 500 in an initial strike from submarines alone. They aren’t North Korea with one or two missiles that they polish and buff everyday.

We get it, you're a Putin lover, now piss off.

Please lets stop the aggressive NATO expansion, stop the missile deployments in Russias backyard... keep the peace.

Neither you nor Putin get to make that choice. See above.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Flightradar24

* - REDEYE6 - Boeing E-8C / USAF - patrolling border of Poland / Belarus / Ukraine
* - RRR7222 - Boeing E-8C / RAF - Patrolling border of Poland / Belarus / Ukraine / Romania / Moldova
* - VV166872 - Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet / USN - Patrolling border of Romania / Ukraine
* - MMF19 - Airbus A330-243MRTT / NATO Netherlands - Patrolling West Poland

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

maybe russia shouldn't have scared their neighbors with constant threat's and invasions, they are only surrounded because their neighbors are afraid of them and we offered assistance, maybe they shouldve treated them better and respected their choices instead of declaring every decision not in Russian favor as some American plot to trick them into turning against russia.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Scotland's central belt from Edinburgh all the wayout to the Holy Loch would be targeted. Russia won't just send one nuke. Each missile could contain as many as twenty warheads. Carpet bombing us back to the stone age.

Not really a high value target, given the actual nukes would be at sea. Hitting storage would be like closing the barn door after the proverbial horse had bolted. This targeting of Scotland because of the naval base on the Clyde, is just the parroting of the anti-nuclear doom/fear-mongering.

In a hot nuclear war, you can be sure the pain would be spread around elsewhere too, and there will be a surplus of Russian nukes if you are worried you won't get one.

Given the poor performance of the Russian military to date, one wonders if the Russian nukes would actually work!

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Pretty much Soloprotocol.

Just one Russian Satan 2 ICBM, like you suggest, plus accompanying warhead payload would blanket our small nation in nuclear fire and there is little to nothing our military could do to stop the things.

It would be all over rather fast, so thank god for that small mercy at least.

Our own boats return the favour all the same, and they get to die as well if some what more slowly.

Moral of that scenario unless you are a complete and utter nut job nuclear war is a mugs game.

edit on 8-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

My thoughts exactly.

Enough track goes missing or completely destroyed, that train is going nowhere.

Kinda reminds me of the film 'Goldeneye'. No idea what use an armoured train is going to be in the middle of a warzone. Well apart from being a sitting duck.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

We are a relatively small nation paraphi.

Nuclear war on any scale is never going to bode well.

As to Russian nukes performing poorly, might be right all the same.

Certainly never a premise we ever wish to see tested i suppose.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

To be honest mate, I don't particularly want to find out just how efficient Russian nukes are.

There is a site somewhere that displays the effects of nuclear explosions etc.
Its a world map that you can zoom in on and select the type and class of nuclear weapon and at what height it explodes etc.
Chilling stuff.
I'll try to find it.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I only know of this one.

Has been around for years though, not sure if more modern warheads are in it?

nuclearsecrecy.com...,5,1.5&cep=1&zm=11

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I think I'd be pretty much dust in the first exchange of any nuclear conflict.

I live 15 miles from the UK's largest Army Garrison.
15 - 20 miles from The North East of England Process Industry Cluster.
Literally 1/2 mile away from the A1(M), the major North/South road link in the UK.
And a major railway station on the East Coast line.

At least it would be quick.....I'd like to think we are still some way off that.🤞🙏

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Broze

Not sure.
For reasons I'd rather not go into at present I can't access any of those sites for the time being.

It might be Nuke Map or something?
Wish I'd bookmarked it or something.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

That's the one mate, Nukemap.

Not sure if it includes any up to date info though.

I'm from the UK too. Manchester to be precise 👍

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Broze

Always good to see Brits on here....the more the merrier.

The North Will Rise Again!

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   

No matter how much blaming is done, and how many counter-theories are posted, it won’t change the fact that the worlds foremost Nuclear superpower is surrounded almost completely by NATO on its eastern front. And US missiles are deployed practically on Russias border, 5000 miles away from USA in the opposite direction.

Easy solution to that without any need for a DMZ.

Russia joins NATO.

Problems solved. In an instant NATO is no longer a threat to Russia because they no longer surround them and in return Russia as a NATO member got article 5 to call in case anyone else attack them. The savings alone on dismantling nuclear weapons to only be able to destroy the entire world a mere couple of times is mindboggling.

No one would ever dare mess with that alliance because no one can.

It would be... a new world order.

Yeah I know its stupid. And they'd have to leave ukraine first since NATO promotes peacefull conflict resolutions.
edit on 8-3-2022 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: merka

Are you mad???

The entire genesis of NATO was based on having the collective ability of the NATO member-states to rain hell on the Soviet Union if they attacked a NATO nation. It would make more sense to propose just doing away with NATO and having pinky-promises than to allow Russia into NATO.

FURTHER TO THAT, here's the scenario Putler would have used instead of the one he's using now, had he been in NATO.
Example:
1. set off a small nuke in the predominantly Jewish area of Russia.
2. claim it was the Ukrainian nazis
3. we would ALL be kicking the # out of Ukraine right now because a NATO nation got attacked.

edit on 3-8-2022 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

"worlds foremost Nuclear superpower"

Stopped reading right there.

Just too stoopid.

new topics

top topics

<< 225  226  227    229  230  231 >>

join