It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 216
<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Saw a mention today that Russia has kept "10 battalions" in Belarus because they supposedly fear a "Polish counterattack".

Don't think ten battalions would stop a NATO drive into Belarus. My guess is those troops are there to prop up Lukashenko's regime if the people get hot with him again.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It was only 3300, not 32,000, but that was several days ago, I suspect it's quite a bit higher now.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

I was referring to this comment -

One Reddit page for those volunteering to fight for Ukraine has more than 32,000 members according to the site.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Pentagon is saying all (95%+) russian troops in the area are now inside Ukraine, almost 200k total.

Had to replace the nearly 100k still hopelessly trapped.

But correct, 10 battalions isn't even a speed bump for NATO.

Would make a few pilots pretty happy though.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I was referring to this comment -

One Reddit page for those volunteering to fight for Ukraine has more than 32,000 members according to the site.

It was so similar to the article I had just posted that I assumed.

Incorrectly.

32,000 is MUCH better!

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Russia just shifted 2 of their mainstays to Belarus as early warning to monitor NATO airspace.

I still think thats a low number. Why is Russia bringing Syria into their mess with Ukraine.
edit on 7-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Some here may find this estimate of 5 March of interest.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Some here may find this estimate of 5 March of interest.

Cheers

The number of soldiers Russia brought is not anywhere close to the numbers needed to capture and control / hold / occupy the entire country of Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Update for 6 March.

--> www.understandingwar.org...

Cheers

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: xpert11

You are not alone in feeling embarrassed about the leader of New Zealand (I am assuming you are a kiwi?). I am ashamed of Biden and my government and the games they play.

Indeed, I am a Kiwi, watching insular New Zealand, remain asleep at the wheel.

I think Ukraine would make an awesome ally. I wish I could say the same about my government.

I share the same sentiment.

I think the only way Putin will be stopped is either by the Russian people or a world war.

Agreed, but my gut feeling is that the related oligarchs and military leaders aren't willing to overthrow Putin and risk a second Russian Civil War.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Yes, still low.

I expect 100,000 highly skilled and experienced American Vets if this goes on another week or two.

Because putin is desperate with a capital 'D'.

It's going MUCH worse for russia than most understand.

Much worse.

Thank you again for your relentless effort to keep us all informed!

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Can you please support you Statement about Putin..

Wanting to Occupy the whole of Ukraine

Any recent links to His direct Quotes ..

Would suffice,
Thank you in advance

Stay Safe

Riouz

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Is Senator Marco Rubio covering for Ukraine planning to "doing something" to goad the U.S./NATO into taking direct action against Russia?

Rubio Tweet: twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Saw a mention today that Russia has kept "10 battalions" in Belarus because they supposedly fear a "Polish counterattack".

Russia is losing in the information/propaganda domain. Such claims are ludicrous to the point of comedic effect.

Don't think ten battalions would stop a NATO drive into Belarus. My guess is those troops are there to prop up Lukashenko's regime if the people get hot with him again.

The other alternative is that the units are acting as a replacement depot for individual causalities among Russian front-line units in Ukraine. But if there is a brigade structure in place, your analysis is closer to the mark.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:50 AM
link   

It will last a lot longer than weeks... or months. Putin wont settle for anything less than complete victory (a situation Putin put himself in by believing his own propaganda and ignoring his advisors). Ukraine wont settle for anything but complete victory, including the 2 provinces and Crimea.

As for the other comment people are welcome, especially if it helps and they find the info helpful. Judging by some of the comments ive gotten not everyone likes it (and those that bitch still have not posted any of their sources).

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

In other news, water runs downhill. However, it is possible that Putin borrows from Nazi Germany's playbook and employs a false flag operation to justify their invasion of Poland/western Europe. But that is speculative, and Putin has unfinished business in Ukraine that remains ongoing.

After conquering Ukraine, in echoes of Poland, 1939 -41, the Russians will massacre POWS and political opposition, undertake limited military reforms, and push a return to the Russian Empire or Soviet Union propaganda efforts.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Riouz5

Putin denies planning to revive the Russian empire after declaring that Ukraine is not a real country and sending troops there

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday denied wanting to rebuild the Russian empire after he said Ukraine is not a real country and he sent troops there.

Russian news agency TASS reported that Putin on Tuesday pushed back on speculation that Russia wants to re-establish its empire.

It came the day after Putin announced Russia's advance into Ukraine, and attacked its status as a separate nation.

Putin said in a Monday speech: "Ukraine has never had its own authentic statehood. There has never been a sustainable statehood in Ukraine."

He argued that Ukraine was a creation of the Soviet Union under Vladimir Lenin, its first leader, despite extensive evidence of a distinctive Ukrainian culture before that.

Putin also made a claim that Ukraine was a part of Russia's historic territory.

click link for entire article and for links to TASS reporting.

If Putin does not believe Ukraine has a right to exist, annexed Crimea and 2 province from Ukraine, then why invade the whole country? Most likely to overthrow the government and put a puppet in his place, making all of Ukraine defacto russian territory - just like Belarus. An independent sovereign Ukraine can NOT exist in Putins world because they want to be part of the EU and NATO. Putin is scared to death of Ukraine joining NATO and then using the new status to retake east ukraine and Crimea.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Keep doing what you're doing, Xcarthdra. 99% of the people who appreciate what you do, are "non posters". Keep them in mind as you share what you learn, know, think, and want to see.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Not what i Asked for ...

And You know that..

So please supply me just ONE diret Quote from Putin

That State s he Wants to Occupy the Whole of the Ukraine

Stay Safe

Riouz

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 01:04 AM
link