It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 176
<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Russia has drawn up plans for public executions in Ukraine as and when cities are captured by Russian troops, Bloomberg reports.

Bloomberg cites a European intelligence official as saying that Moscow has drafted strategies to break morale in order to discourage Ukrainians from fighting back as cities fall under the Kremlin’s control.

The official said Moscow plans to crack down on protest, detain opponents and potentially carry out public executions, the news agency writes.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Russians sure are a humanitarian bunch.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: didntasktobeborned
Ok so 1 million right now from a Russian entrepreneur...Thats a lot of money in Russia right now. A lot more than the average persons idea of a million dollars. A lot more.a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Agreed.

Equivalent to at LEAST 10m for us BEFORE the russian invasion.

1m is a significant portion of russia's national 'savings' now.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Odessa is Russian like Crimea. It all part of the plan to take the coast make the northy isolated and landlocked. Creep creep towards Constantinople which is the long term coast he's after from many reports.

Which is why Odessa hasn't seen any of the russian redecorating yet.

I'm honestly not sure if Zelinsky even bothered to send any troops to defend Odessa.

Have looked for evidence of this over the past week, and none was found.

But not gonna let you get away with that.

Crimea and Odessa are BOTH Ukrainian.

NOT russian.

The fact that many russian speakers live there does not change this fact.

BOTH Crimea and Odessa are 100% Ukrainian territory.

Nothing putin EVER says or does will change that.

They BELONG to Ukraine.

Period.

edit on 3-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Russia has drawn up plans for public executions in Ukraine as and when cities are captured by Russian troops, Bloomberg reports.

They did what now? Can I get the link of the source, please.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Their warships have left Crimea and are in route to Odessa.

www.foxnews.com...

The violence of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine hasn’t yet reached Odesa, the country’s third-largest city, but Vladimir Putin’s navy was headed there Wednesday night.

Several Russian warships from Crimea were headed to Odesa. An amphibious assault could come as soon as Thursday, U.S. officials told Fox News.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

I had to cut the www. Part of the link so the entire address would show. First try produced a broken link.

From here: theguardian.com/world/live/2022/mar/03/ukraine-news-russia-war-vladimir-putin-biden-latest-live-updates-kherson-kyiv-kharkiv-refugees-russian-invasion

Their Source (Bloomberg) is behind a paywall, but here ya go: www.bloomberg.com...
edit on 3-3-2022 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2022 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: wordforword

They did what now? Can I get the link of the source, please.

The Relevant part is where they say this, in that article:

Russia Seeks to Weaken Ukraine Morale: Intelligence Report (2:26 p.m.)
Moscow has drawn up plans for ways to break morale in order to discourage Ukrainian from fighting back as and when cities fall under the Kremlin’s control, a European intelligence official said.

That strategy includes crackdowns on protests, detention of opponents, and potentially carrying out public executions, the official said on the condition of anonymity. So far civilians in Ukraine as well as its military have put up strong resistance, including arming themselves as volunteer forces.

Again found here

Do bear in mind though, these are things intelligience suggest, not that the Kremlin has said outloud, but i wouldn't doubt it either.
edit on 3-3-2022 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Their warships have left Crimea and are in route to Odessa.

www.foxnews.com...

The violence of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine hasn’t yet reached Odesa, the country’s third-largest city, but Vladimir Putin’s navy was headed there Wednesday night.

Several Russian warships from Crimea were headed to Odesa. An amphibious assault could come as soon as Thursday, U.S. officials told Fox News.

I saw.

Was tempted to crack some jokes last night about great russian armada landing victoriously in defenseless city.

Just didn't seem the time.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I had to cut the www. Part of the link so the entire address would show. First try produced a broken link.

From here: theguardian.com/world/live/2022/mar/03/ukraine-news-russia-war-vladimir-putin-biden-latest-live-updates-kherson-kyiv-kharkiv-refugees-russian-invasion

Their Source (Bloomberg) is behind a paywall, but here ya go: www.bloomberg.com...

Found it, thank you very much. How did I miss this one... If this one is true, this is the WORST THING I've heard so far about Putin's plans. One thing is gun vs gun, the other is public executions. Some dystopian sh*t here. I need to sit down a bit.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   

From 4 hours ago, looks like Russia sunk a cargo ship under the flag of Estonia while in port at Odesa.

A cargo ship has sunk off the Ukrainian port of Odesa after an explosion, Reuters is reporting.
Two crew members of the Estonian-owned cargo ship Helt were in a life raft at sea, Igor Ilves, managing director of Tallinn-based manager Vista Shipping Agency, said.
The four other crew members are missing, Ilves said.
Ilves said:

Later reported that all crew were rescued and taken to the hospital for hypothermia.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Thats literally like a 2 billion dollar hit..at least..LOL. I heard Russia had some big shots but holy crap. Thats nuts.And its just the first offer..Maybe think about fueling up the equipment? Nah. He's threatening with nukes..Horse Doody. Some sarcasm intended, but not the numbers.a reply to: PatriotGames4u

edit on 3-3-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: uhhh...

edit on 3-3-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: punch

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Still can't get over the 'public execution' thing.

World needs to get rid of this psychopath ASAP. This should be a wake up call for all still sticking by his side. Immoral and a maniac. Do they really know who's next on his list? Especially when they suck so much in well executing Putin's siege.

The second round of negotiations is over. Unfortunately, the results Ukraine needs are not yet achieved. There is a solution only for the organization of humanitarian corridors...

Source

What is the point of Russia going to the negotiations? Are they just wining some time to resupply their caravan? Or do they still expect that Ukraine will surrender? I mean, they are not following any rules anymore, so why bother going to negotiations at all?

Allegedly, Putin just reiterated the same and the same things from 'his piece keepers bible' to Macron. It starting to look like he might, actually, believe in the things he's saying. Or are the Russians trying to convince the world that they are doing their best to end this 'conflict.'

That they have started.

By themselves.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

I just don't know about this.

Sure I can see Russia cracking down on protests, imprisonment without trial etc but public executions?

I suspect what support Putin has outside of Russia would evaporate once images of people swinging from lampposts were broadcast all over MSM.

If true - and in this instance I'm not convinced it is - then Putin seems to be doing his best to validate comparisons with Hitler and his regime.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I have a feeling that if footage of public executions makes its way to the rest of the world; then that will be a turning point in this conflict. Someone(s) with a conscience will step forward and bear the burden and others will follow.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I have a feeling that if footage of public executions makes its way to the rest of the world; then that will be a turning point in this conflict. Someone(s) with a conscience will step forward and bear the burden and others will follow.

I really hope we will not get to see the public executions in place...

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Zelensky: Close the sky or give us aircraft. During a press conference with foreign media, President Volodymyr Zelensky called on NATO to close the sky over Ukraine. He asked how many more Ukrainians have to be injured for this decision to be made. “How many? We will count and will wait,” he said. “If you don’t have the strength to close the sky, give us planes.”

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky addresses his country in the face of the Russian invasion:“I don’t want Ukraine’s history to be a legend about 300 Spartans. I want peace.”

Lithuanian capital to change Russian embassy address to Heroes of Ukraine street

VILNIUS, March 3 (Reuters) - Vilnius will change the name of the road the Russian embassy is on to Heroes of Ukraine street, its mayor said on Thursday.

"Everyone who writes to the embassy will have to give a thought to the victims of the Russian aggression, and about the heroes of Ukraine", Remigijus Simasius wrote on his Facebook page.

Mail will only be delivered to the embassy if addressed to the new street, he added.

Reuters

''More abandoned Russia'n tanks growing like mushrooms in the Ukrainian forests.''

Video

Also, with all the sarcasm intended, Not the fake news below:

Sorry. Didn't want to cry myself to sleep today after all the execution talks.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Public executions happen to this day in the Middle East all the time. I don't see that having anything more than a local effect. Hell, we've already seen ghastly footage of dead civilian bodies all over Ukraine, including kids. Those already ARE "public executions" of the most literal form. Just done by bombs instead of bullets to the head. The end result is the same.

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
Public executions happen to this day in the Middle East all the time. I don't see that having anything more than a local effect. Hell, we've already seen ghastly footage of dead civilian bodies all over Ukraine, including kids. Those already ARE "public executions" of the most literal form. Just done by bombs instead of bullets to the head. The end result is the same.

Yeah just recently in the 2021 Israel–Palestine crisis

new topics

top topics

<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join