It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 156
<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Interesting. So this is one of the columns that came from Belarus.

So, if things bog down, one carrot to use in cease fire negotiations will be to NOT inflict heavy casualties on the Russian column.

Make it clear to Russian people and Russian soldiers that the objective is for them to return home and then sort out issues diplomatically.

My 2¢ in any case.

Cheers

The entire convoy is stuck on the road from Belarus, but many came from the Kharkiv area first and never actually entered Belarus that I know of.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Mmm. Bet they bit into their petrol reserves maneuvering like that. Their vehicles may SOL in terms of mobility at the moment.

ETA. Especially if one's tanker trucks can't move without being brought under fire. IIRC, all it would take is rifle-caliber tracer ammunition to light up a truck with tanks of gasoline on it.

Cheers
edit on 2-3-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Has anyone figured out what Vladimir Putin's goal is yet?

To rebuild the Russian Empire while demanding other nations kiss his ass.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Has anyone figured out what Vladimir Putin's goal is yet?

To rebuild the Russian Empire while demanding other nations kiss his ass.

One of the few times msm has been right about anything in 20 years.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Pace is picking up.

User Dollukka posted this in another thread.

In a historic development, the European Parliament accepted Ukraine's application to join the European Union on Tuesday. A special admission procedure has begun to admit Ukraine to the EU, and the voting for the same, is said to take place at 9 PM as per Indian Standard Time.

Here

Cheers

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

The problem that I have seen is it should take over 6 months to go through the application process.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Mmm. Bet they bit into their petrol reserves maneuvering like that. Their vehicles may SOL in terms of mobility at the moment.

ETA. Especially if one's tanker trucks can't move without being brought under fire. IIRC, all it would take is rifle-caliber tracer ammunition to light up a truck with tanks of gasoline on it.

Cheers

They appear to have wedged themselves in pretty good near the front of the convoy. Parked as wide as the hillsides allow. Friggin idiots.

Even if they manage to sneak fuel trucks past the Javelins, that still leaves russians trying to fill 2000 heavy vehicles stretched over 18 miles, by sneakernet and jerry can, which would take several days, out in the open, with Javs lurking in the hills.

Trapped.

Mostly sure.

Pretty sure.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Heck, they don't need Javelins. Heavy machine gun fire would make refueling attempts risky, with some spectacular fires and explosions.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:16 AM
link   
* - The building bombed is the Economics Department of Kharkiv National University. The Russians were likely targeting the offices of the SBU intelligence agency across the street and destroyed the wrong building Here is what it looked like in better times from Google Streets

Before Putins makeover

After Putins makeover

Me thinks Putin should refund their money since its not at all what they wanted. (Where is Holmes on Homes at when you need him)

* - Minister of Defense of Ukraine: "New BayraktarTB2s have already arrived in Ukraine and are at combat positions

* - Ukrainian ministry of Defense estimates Russian casualties at 5840

* - The mayor of Energodar says Russian troops approaching the city. The largest nuclear power plant in Europe (according to Wikipedia) is placed in this city

* - Belarus announces enhanced security on its western and southern borders (I think Belarus would make a good addition to Ukraine.)

edit on 2-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

How long could Belarus hold out if the same sort of sanctions applied to russsia are applied to them ?

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:26 AM
link   

5,840 killed or injured Russians is a pretty exact number. Ukraine Hospitals are keeping track?

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Heck, they don't need Javelins. Heavy machine gun fire would make refueling attempts risky, with some spectacular fires and explosions.

Cheers

They need enough Javs to quickly knock out all the tanks and Stingers for the entire fleet of choppers at once that would certainly launch once the firing started. I don't think the hillside lurker force would last long if they don't, and I think this is why Zelinsky hasn't crushed them yet. Waiting for 1500 Javs and 1800 Stingers currently moving up from the south.

Or maybe my tinfoil is defective again.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: da pickles

I would guess for quite a while.

The people in eastern Europe have resilient cultures accustomed to hardship.

If the West squeezes them too hard, it will only serve Lukashenko's purposes.

The balance between carrot and stick is a fine one.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: da pickles

How long could Belarus hold out if the same sort of sanctions applied to russsia are applied to them ?

It couldn't. They dont have near the infrastructure / industry / etc. If full sanctions are applied (Belarus is already under some sanctions) they dont have a way to offset them. With Russian under severe sanctions that cant exactly prop Belarus up.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:31 AM
link   

5,840 killed or injured Russians is a pretty exact number. Ukraine Hospitals are keeping track?

Zelinsky has them posting ID & photo on a russia only web site for family identification, so yes.

This number only includes remains that are identifiable though, the total number is it least 10k, perhaps 12k by now.

Several thousand of the 6k were among russia's very best special forces.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I think there MoD / Internal security. But with all wars we wont know specifics until the war has been over with for 10 years.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Random thought.

Whatever happens, I don't see Transnistria remaining on the map anymore when this is all over.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Random thought.

Whatever happens, I don't see Transnistria remaining on the map anymore when this is all over.

Cheers

I would say Moldova.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Exactly.

Could be based on hospitalizations, but I doubt it.

More likely a SWAG based on casualty counts "here and there".

Cheers

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Australia to spend $70 million on ammunition, small missiles to help Ukraine fight against Russia

www.abc.net.au...

"The overwhelming majority of that [$70 million] will be in the lethal category," Mr Morrison said.

"We are talking missiles, ammunition, we are talking supporting them in their defence of their own homeland in Ukraine."

"I don't plan on giving the Russian government a heads up about what is coming their way, but I can assure them, it is coming your way," he said.

Ohh, oops... MSM... alternate universe...[snipped] .. all that jazz.

Again I say, a lot of countries seem to be suspiciously far too open about weapons going to Ukraine despite Putin's threats of retaliation to any nation that interferes. Smells of setup/lure the bear. But that's only if this article is accurate info. I think I am being manipulated. I better go full retard again or something, ya think?
edit on Wed Mar 2 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed name

top topics

<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join